Thank you Telltale!

13»

Comments

• edited June 2011
    flesk wrote: »
    It's not so much that we're forgetting to be thankful as it's that we have nothing to be thankful about with this game: I paid $25 dollars for a game I think is shit, and just barely managed to suffer through the first episode. I'm still thankful about Bone, Strong Bad, Sam & Max, Tales and Puzzle Agent though.

Oh well I guess you made a bad decision, you'll probably make many more :)

The majority of players thought the game was pretty good. Why do you think they offered the first episode for free. I suppose you should have waited huh?
  • edited June 2011
    KoolMoeDee wrote: »
    Oh well I guess you made a bad decision, you'll probably make many more :)

The majority of players thought the game was pretty good. Why do you think they offered the first episode for free. I suppose you should have waited huh?

The thing is pre-ordering from Telltale used to be a safe bet. Now it obviously isn't anymore. What bugs a lot of us is that Telltale wasn't very transparent about what kind of game they were making when the game was open for pre-ordering. Now I don't trust Telltale like I used to, and will of course wait in the future, but I don't see how we were supposed to know beforehand with this title.
  • edited June 2011
    Who needs puzzles? ;) I've enjoyed the Lucasarts Adventures as much as anyone but the easy/non-existant difficulty has not at all ruined this game for me. This was an excellent story with an incredible attention to detail and very faithful to the movies. I'm not sure I like the ending, but I'm not letting 1 minute that feels a little cheesy ruin the hours of fun I had. :)
    So... it's in the thread title: Thank you Telltale!
  • edited June 2011
    No matter how good a game is, there is always going to be critics. People that wanted it a certain way. Some wanted tougher puzzles, some wanted more time travel, someone wanted it a first person shooter ha! All in all, they did a damn good job and we got a lot of play out of 25 bucks. This was a character driven story and I think of it more as an interactive movie then a mind bending game.
  • edited June 2011
    I have to say i loved the ending as a callback to the end of the first movie.
  • edited June 2011
    I can't believe people are criticizing this game. I mean, I guess maybe you could be arguing that it wasn't difficult in terms of puzzles and even if you got stuck you had a lot of hints to help you along, but as someone who is a big fan of Back To The Future, I loved this game. I was wary in the beginning even though I love Telltale's games because it was just such a huge property and a big part of my childhood, and I didn't know how what is basically a fourth (and fifth, really) movie would be done justice. And it was done justice, far beyond my wildest dreams. It was exciting, interesting, and the story made sense and was very respectful to continuity and to the characters. There were moments where I felt like I was watching another BTTF movie, and that's how it should feel. It told a great story and I had fun working my way through it.

No, there were no brainteasers (although I did get stuck out of impatience at a couple points), and I guess if you were looking for a really challenging game, then maybe it wasn't what you wanted, but that's just it. It didn't let arbitrary puzzles get in the way of the story they were trying to tell (for the most part). I dunno, I think it's hard to walk the fine line between a game that challenges players consistently but tells a cohesive and cinematic story without getting either weird or unnecessary, and I feel Telltale has (and always has) done the best they could. I applaud this game and I hope for a second season ASAP.
  • edited June 2011
    I enjoyed it.. great ending and it tied things together nicely.

Thanks Telltale!
  • edited June 2011
    Thank you for a great game.

Hope for more in the FUTURE :)
  • edited June 2011
    To everyone at Telltale: Thank you! I loved playing this game, and I look forward to another.
  • edited June 2011
    What can i say ? THANKS ! i really enjoyed going BttF !

Puzzles could be harder, but please bring a second Episode. You really catched
    the feeling from the movies.

THANKS ! THANKS ! THANKS !
  • edited June 2011
    Very sad now that its the end of the series, but its been a great ride. Well done to the TellTale Team, Bob Gale and all the voice actors involved. You recaptured the feeling I had watching those movies back when I was a kid, Thank You!

Now, create a storyline as good as that follows on from the crazy as f*** ending in episode 5 and that will be truly impressive! :)
  • edited June 2011
    flesk wrote: »
    The thing is pre-ordering from Telltale used to be a safe bet. Now it obviously isn't anymore. What bugs a lot of us is that Telltale wasn't very transparent about what kind of game they were making when the game was open for pre-ordering. Now I don't trust Telltale like I used to, and will of course wait in the future, but I don't see how we were supposed to know beforehand with this title.

Exactly, it's Telltale's responsibility to give us proper information about the games they're selling. They can't just expect us to blindly pay for a pre-order when they won't even release basic information. That's what pisses me off the most, they way they hyped BTTF up to be such an awesome game.
  • edited June 2011
    Great game, Telltale. MORE.

(But after Sam and Max new season pls :D)
  • edited June 2011
    Thank you telltale, this was a very fun game and very entertaining. The story was great and was at times like watching a fourth movie. I can honestly say it was worth every penny that i spent on the pc and ps3 versions. Can't wait for more and would love to see a retail release for the game for ps3 maybe with some extra content and even an option to watch it as a movie in a theatre mode or something. Either way, Great job guys and keep em coming.
  • edited June 2011
    Thank you Telltale for a job well done, and thanks to Michael J Fox and of course the entire cast and crew working on it! I greatly enjoyed the twists in the plot, the old McFly coming in every so often MJF really lifted the spirit of the game up quite a few notches.
    My favorite part was getting Edna to remember and the scene where you had to hook up edna's Delorian to Docs. You TTG guys totally put your heart and soul into it!

Still laughing about the end LOL!

Keep up the good work!
  • edited June 2011
    I agree.

Best episode.
  • edited June 2011
    Just wanted to let everyone know, especially the team that made this work of art, that what a awesome game that has been created!!! I am a devoted back to the future follower and felt that they developers nailed it right on the head with this one!! What an awesome job!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited June 2011
    Sure, it could have been better as some people say. Proper bug checks, areas which look larger and better explorable, some kind of free roam with Delorean etc. But still I don't regret playing this. Thank you.
  • edited June 2011
    It's nice to see a positive thread to thank the team for a job well done.

The writing, dialogue and voice acting were all superb, and did the franchise proud IMO.
    I quite liked the visual style although I guess I can see why others would not. The textures could have been a bit higher res in parts (eg in the nice panning shots of the time-worn Delorian at Ednas when Hill Valley ceased to exist) but other than that I was pleased with the look.

I hope the 'to be continued....' at the end of episode 5 was more than a throwback to the film.
    If the next season was to be similar to the first I would be very happy, although I'd love more numerous and difficult puzzles (thanks for letting us turn the hint system off at least, and I understand it was made easier to be more approachable to non adventure game fans).
  • edited June 2011
    I truly think that Telltale, their developers, the cast, everybody, deserves a thankyou from the fanbase. I mean , think about it.....this franchise began in 1985...we are almost 30 years removed from that....and it's still strong.

But other then George Lucas, you don't see alot of these kind of franchises being revived, and certainly not in the right way. Back to the Future the Game was a tremendous ride, a fantastic journey, and ultimately, a really fun experience.

So, i just think this board needs more positive posts...i get that it wasn't perfect, but honestly i think everyone at Telltale did their best to make everyone happy, and even though thats not really possible, they certainly came as close as you can.

So kudos to everybody involved, you guys really pulled it off, and i can't say enough good things about the whole experience.

If there is a season two, i'll be pre-ordering. And if there isn't, then i'll always look at the end of this story...with a smile, and fond memories.

At least it didn't end with a Time Train:) Thankyou to all involved, we all appreciate it very much. And it's made me want to purchase more Telltale games, not just Jurassic Park, but Sam & Max and the Strongbads as well.
  • edited June 2011
    thank you tell tale, I have finally found a way to give you myy business. Now make season 2 please.

Ok, serious this time.

I am very thankful you guys could rejuvenate the franchise, in a cheap way.
  • edited June 2011
    Eh? As much as I enjoyed this game and appreciate TellTale for finally continuing this story...it didn't reinvigorate the franchise. How could it? The only people who knew it was coming were TellTale Games fans or Back to the Future fans. There were never any commercials or advertising done for the game aside from trailers on IGN and Gametrailers and a Facebook game.
  • edited June 2011
    Eh? As much as I enjoyed this game and appreciate TellTale for finally continuing this story...it didn't reinvigorate the franchise. How could it? The only people who knew it was coming were TellTale Games fans or Back to the Future fans. There were never any commercials or advertising done for the game aside from trailers on IGN and Gametrailers and a Facebook game.

E3 did a pretty big showcase on it, but I think they were waiting a bit for all the episodes to be out. I wouldn't be surprised if they start an ad campaign now that all 5 are out.
  • edited June 2011
    63cohen wrote: »
    E3 did a pretty big showcase on it, but I think they were waiting a bit for all the episodes to be out. I wouldn't be surprised if they start an ad campaign now that all 5 are out.
    I would be, considering that there's never been a big ad push after a game has come out. There may be ports to other platforms, which may cause some renewed interest, but I wouldn't expect a major advertising push at this juncture.
  • edited June 2011
    I would be, considering that there's never been a big ad push after a game has come out. There may be ports to other platforms, which may cause some renewed interest, but I wouldn't expect a major advertising push at this juncture.

Precisely.
  • FloFlo
    edited June 2011
    There's always a chance that the retail release will cause some renewed interest. Lots of people still aren't aware of digital distribution and still others actively avoid it.
  • edited June 2011
    I just wanted to let the developers know they accomplished something truly great.

I never cared for the BTF franchise. I always thought it was too squeaky clean and nice. I played the first three episodes on a friends' computer, very reluctantly and because there was nothing else to do. With each consecutive episode, I was more drawn in, more sold. The writing took a dark turn, the characters popped out of the screen and became more than I could ever expect.

I purchased the series and loved every single episode, especially the fourth one was a high water mark for Telltale in general. Darkness intermingled with twisted humor in the very best Lucasarts tradition.

People bashin' this in reviews simply do not get it. You did an awesome job, don't ever compromise.

Thank you for an unexpectedly good time with a franchise I never thought I'd look at twice!
  • edited June 2011
    Dear telltale,
    Thank you for making back to the future the game. I am a BTTF fan from way back. I am a fan of the movies and have been since the first movie was released in theaters. I downloaded and played the first episode of the game, finished it and enjoyed it. Since I am a truck driver and I do not have a laptop computer, I have to wait until I get back home to download and play the rest of the episodes. I only get home once a month so its a long wait.
    In the meantime I couldn't help spoiling the rest of it for myself. It was such a good story that I ended up watching episodes 2-5 via walkthroughs on youtube on my droid. Lol. Dont worry, even though I downloaded episode 1 for free I am still going to purchase and play the complete season. My children have already played and finished episode 1 as well.
    Even though I havent played the entire season I cant wait for season 2. IF you make it. Please do!!!
  • edited July 2011
    I don't know if this has been said before but I really feel the need to say it now.

Thank you.

Not just for the Sam and Max',s the Monkey Islands, all the other great games, but thank you for them all.

I'm posting this here in the Back to the Future thread, because I just got time to sit down with the final episode and indulge myself.

I can honestly say that I am sitting here with a massive Banana Grin on my face after the ending.. the little moments the "Assholes" comment.. the fly car into the screen into "Back in time" everything about it just made me grin, even the reference to Emmett possibly inventing the Hoverboard.

I know that there has been mixed emotions among the community..some talking about the hint system, some talking about how easy it was so many other things besides. I'd never tell those people their opinions are wrong, but what I can say is that I think you all deserve to know that I loved every Damned second of this game.

I genuinely hope that someone sees this and is willing to spread it to those involved in the making of this adventure, to let them know that their work is greatly appreciated .

So to those invovled, Thank you so much for putting this together. and giving us fans more of Marty and the Doc (and hell for that matter, Micheal and Christopher). the last scene with AJ, MJF and Christopher together is going to stick in my mind for a while, and not in a bad way.

again.

Thank you all.
  • edited July 2011
    First off let me start by saying I never do or write thank you letters, But after playing the back to future series I have been compelled to do so and could not find a contact email to send this letter to. As a child of the 80's back to the future was one of my favorite movies ever and very dear to me. After playing the series I just cant express how impressed I am and how true you were to the source material..Thank you so much for recreating the bttf world and making a truly great story with amazing voice actors, I hope you do more and Kudos to you all. Thank you.
  • edited July 2011
    For future reference, Telltale's mailing and email addresses can be found here.
  • edited August 2011
    hi guys as u may or may not know that bttf the game ep 5 came out for psn in usa last week and it is goin into the store today so i would like to say WOOHOO TELLTALE!!!!! i would like to say good work to telltale because now that bttf the game ep 5 is out that they have finished 4 seasons of games on psn (btw this does not count puzzle agent its only games thats in seasons) they have done sam and max season 3 COMPLETE tales of monkey island COMPLETE strong bads cool game for attractive people COMPLETE and now back to the future the game as of today COMPLETE so great work telltale
  • edited August 2011
    hey guys ep 5 is now on the us and the euorpe playstation store now im just sittin playin it tryin to get trophys =D only have way throught my first playthrough at the part were hill valley starts dissappering
  • edited August 2011
    Thank you TellTale for creating the BTTF game! I only saw the movies last year but I have been a fan since then! I am a huge fan of the trilogy and game! Thank you so much for creating the game and God Bless You!!!!
  • edited August 2011
    I just finished episode 5!

I just wanted to tell all the Telltale Staff how good a job they did on this one. I was expecting something a bit funnier (after having just played the hillarious Monkey Island series) but you really got the Back to the Future vibe full on. I loved all the little links to the original movies that were inserted everywhere.

I loved how all the episodes tied in together and made a really interesting addidtion to the original story. Not quite sure I got the ending though. I see the reference to the ending from the first movie, but it was a bit too ectic and all over the place. Still, good job everyone.

So i'm guessing there's going to be a season 2? I would LOVE to see some foreward timetravel, even though I realize the possibilities for twisted and fun paradoxes are not as easy to make up travelling in THAT direction... Oh well. Let's see some dinosaurs then!

thanks for providing me with such a good time.

Keep up the good work!
    Can't wait for Monkey Island season 2 also!
  • edited August 2011
    I'm glad to hear that you liked it!

Telltale's praises should probably be put in this thread though. :)
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2011
    I'm glad to hear that you liked it!

Telltale's praises should probably be put in this thread though. :)

Fix'd!
    Markalark wrote: »
    So i'm guessing there's going to be a season 2?

They've said they would open to doing another one, but there are no concrete plans for a second season.
  • edited January 2012
    Hi Everyone.

I just bought the Collector's edition of Bttf on xmas and I'm enjoying it.

I would also like to say to the Bttf development team thank you so
    much for making these episodes (1-5) , they are Awesome I played through all of them again and again , I'm just amazed at the storyboard plot and gameplay you guys put into it.

P.S
    I wish you guys good luck on your games and hope that whenever you can please make more episodes of Bttf (6-10)

and when I can get the money I'm going to buy some Sam and Max episodes from you guys. 8-)
  • edited January 2012
    Strongly agreed! I can't thank you enough for the exciting BTTF game. Its nothing but AWESOME!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.