Savegame troubles (merged threads)

Comments

• edited December 2010
    SethPDA wrote: »
    No,there is not...
    Here is my main menu after I played the game a lot,no autosave,there is no anything.
    menueg.jpg
    linorn wrote: »
    Is this just a problem for mac-users or are you using Windows?

Yeah I am not having a problem at all. There is a save/load option plus autosave. I use PC.
  • edited December 2010
    Not sure what's going on but I can say that it's not a Windows 7 problem. I'm running it on windows 7 (on a computer that just barely meets minimum spec to boot) and I can save fine.

Anyway, for SethPDA, I have tried to upload my save file from shortly after Marty has arrived in 1931. Basically I got there and had the first conversation there (if you've played it this far you'll know who this is with!) but haven't done anything else. I hope I uploaded the right thing and did it properly, never done this before!

Hope this helps, or at least means you don't have to replay the beginning.
  • edited December 2010
    Hmmm, I've this problem aswell I WANT TO SAVE Q_Q
  • edited December 2010
    Mills2501, do you have the save file that I requested in 'save file needed' thread too? Could you share it?
  • edited December 2010
    Not as yet, no (I'm playing in very bitesize chunks at the moment - got so much else to do!) I'll make sure to make a save file when I get to that point though, so if you haven't got it fixed by then I'll get it to you.
  • edited December 2010
    I don't think a save will help us, cause we can't even see the load/save option on the menu.
  • edited December 2010
    @Mills2501: thanks :) much appreciated
  • edited December 2010
    You know, you can't save your game from the main menu if a game isn't started. Start a game, get a little farther, and then try to save. Maybe the load menu doesn't appear unless you have a save game. It works fine for me.
  • edited December 2010
    How many of you are using Windows 7 64bit? That could be it
  • edited December 2010
    backslash wrote: »
    How many of you are using Windows 7 64bit? That could be it

it is not, im using it and i have no problems at all with saving.

@musicallyinspired: just checked, i deleted my savefiles and i can save right after i started a new game. its not that there has to be an autosavefile or something...
  • edited December 2010
    I didn't say anything about an autosave.
  • edited December 2010
    The menu is gone. Telltale always saves and mine is not saving :(
  • edited December 2010
    I didn't say anything about an autosave.

you said "unless you have a save game", thats quite the same. and you cant save yourself if you dont have the menu optoin. so the only possible save that "activates" the menu could be a autosave. got it?....

but as i said, thats not the case.
  • edited December 2010
    You know, you can't save your game from the main menu if a game isn't started. Start a game, get a little farther, and then try to save. Maybe the load menu doesn't appear unless you have a save game. It works fine for me.

when I first try to save I was in front of the liquor store (after I had the dog sniffed the shoe) and the save and load menu wasn't there yet, that point is not the very beginning anyway, unless you all confirm that the menu appears right after the first time travel
  • edited December 2010
    Hi Milkman! As requested, save file in the exact location you specified, if you still need it. As to the other task you have to do at that point I have
    located Arthur, but done nothing on it beyond that.

Hope that works for you!
  • edited December 2010
    No,there is not...
    Here is my main menu after I played the game a lot,no autosave,there is no anything.
    menueg.jpg

thats bad =( i don't know why im guessing something is wrong in a game like a bug or something and cool so the menu gonna be like this on PS3 ??? awesome cant wait!!!!:p
  • edited December 2010
    read my posts, i wrote it TWICE
  • edited December 2010
    I wasn't referring to an autosave in that post. I didn't know the menu didn't show up while you were playing. All everyone kept saying is that they couldn't load anything and posted screenshots of the main menu, not the regular game. Maybe it's a permissions thing? Maybe the user doesn't actually have access to the save game folder? I don't know....I'm only on WinXP here and don't have this problem.
  • edited December 2010
    could be. maybe the good ol' "run as admin" does the trick?
  • edited December 2010
    Cyphox wrote: »
    read my posts, i wrote it TWICE

sorry pal but I'm reading nothing resolutive in your posts, what do I have to do exactly to make this damn save menu appear?
  • edited December 2010
    What OS. Make sure you run the game as an administrator. It's (slightly) possible the autosave can't write the save file.

Other than that, I have no idea how or why the autosave wouldn't be generated, and why you'd have no save game option. Just strange.
  • edited December 2010
    @Mills2501: That's exactley what I've been looking for! Thanks pal! You've been a great help :)
  • edited December 2010
    I was used to previous Sam and Max games where you quit and then resume the game. It auto-saved when you quit. This doesn't seem to be the case with BTTF. I quit and went back and hit resume and the game had not saved where I quit. I just lost a lot of game play. :mad:

Do I have to manually save each time I quit the game?
  • edited December 2010
    There are certain points in the game in which it autosaves. I have found it a better policy to just manually save - it really is not that hard.
  • edited December 2010
    And where should i put this save game if i download it, because i have the same problem.
  • edited December 2010
    Hi, I lost my save game right at this point too, but what directory do I copy this file over to if I run the Mac version?
  • edited December 2010
    I also have no Save Game option in the menu. I have to keep playing the game from the beginning each time I want to play.

This is a serious bug for the game.

I'm running the PC version on Vista 64-Bit.
  • edited December 2010
    I try to save the game in 1931 and there's still no Save/Load option when I hit Esc.

I'm running Vista 64-Bit - I'm beginning to think that it's 64-Bit systems that the problem is on.

Can anyone confirm which bit system they're running and whether they can Save/Load or not?

Telltale should release a patch for this.
  • edited December 2010
    I run it on 32bit and its not working at me too...
  • edited December 2010
    I wonder what causes this seemingly random issue?
  • edited December 2010
    Yeah i'd like to know too...
  • edited December 2010
    People with no save or load option are running the pirate version. Which is pretty obvious from their post count and their posting of a crack fix. Christ, I mention the possibility of an illegal version being available and I get strung by the masses, yet it's fine for these people to get free tech support on an actual warez version and link to files for each other. What a fucking joke. You guys principles are all messed up, Your helping half the fucking board play an illegal version of the game.
  • edited December 2010
    stemot wrote: »
    People with no save or load option are running the pirate version. Which is pretty obvious from their post count and their posting of a crack fix. Christ, I mention the possibility of an illegal version being available and I get strung by the masses, yet it's fine for these people to get free tech support on an actual warez version and link to files for each other. What a fucking joke. You guys principles are all messed up, Your helping half the fucking board play an illegal version of the game.

actually santa claus brought me this game, didn't expect him to be into software piracy :)
  • edited December 2010
    kevin mask wrote: »
    actually santa claus brought me this game, didn't expect him to be into software piracy :)

If it had been a legal version you would have been able to save your game.
  • edited December 2010
    If it had been a legal version you would have been able to save your game.

of course! but is there something left legal in this world?
  • edited December 2010
    kevin mask wrote: »
    of course! but is there something left legal in this world?

So you're admitting the version your playing and trying to get support for is an Illegal version that you didn't buy from official channels? If so, then I've proved my point on what I was saying haven't I? Yet it's perfectly acceptable to the other regulars of this forum for you people to do this. Yet when I merely mention warez without actually having done anything of the kind I get called to be banned. Nice.
  • edited December 2010
    No,there is not...
    menueg.jpg

Here's an idea, stop using the cracked version.
    Tayannas wrote: »
    I also have no Save Game option in the menu. I have to keep playing the game from the beginning each time I want to play.

This is a serious bug for the game.

I'm running the PC version on Vista 64-Bit.

It's not a bug, it's a DRM feature. You're running an illegal version of the game.
  • edited December 2010
    So you're admitting the version your playing and trying to get support for is an Illegal version that you didn't buy from official channels? If so, then I've proved my point on what I was saying haven't I? Yet it's perfectly acceptable to the other regulars of this forum for you people to do this. Yet when I merely mention warez without actually having done anything of the kind I get called to be banned. Nice.

who mentioned warez stuff? you did, and you do deserve to be banned, not me, never claimed to have a warez version, if you believe this issue strictly affects illegal copies well it's your problems not ours.
  • edited December 2010
    you know what? i just checked a warezboard and BOOM, you cant save with the pirated version.

so stop playing innocent and buy the game, idiot.

btw. and stop this "who metioned warez stuff??? you did, not me" BLAAAAAAAAH, your post no. 43 really makes me believe your using the pirated version.

edit: and could someone please delete the link to the crackfix??
  • edited December 2010
    It would be logical that it autosave when you quit.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.