So....is the WiiWare release dead?

Telltale, I need your word on this. Are you releasing the wiiware version of Puzzle Agent? Or has it been canceled? I remember the last time you ported one of your games to Wii (Sam and Max Season 2) it was delayed multiple times. Are you guys playing that card again or has it gone to video game heaven with the wiiware version of Super Meat Boy? :confused:

Comments

• edited March 2011
    Telltale, I need your word on this. Are you releasing the wiiware version of Puzzle Agent? Or has it been canceled? I remember the last time you ported one of your games to Wii (Sam and Max Season 2) it was delayed multiple times. Are you guys playing that card again or has it gone to video game heaven with the wiiware version of Super Meat Boy? :confused:

The reason for Sam and Max Season 2's delay had more to do with the publishing deal they had with Atari at the time. Since Atari has nothing to do with this WiiWare release, as far as I know, and since Telltale hasn't said a single word on the Wii port in about 8 months, I'd say it's safe to assume that it is dead, at this point.
  • edited March 2011
    The reason for Sam and Max Season 2's delay had more to do with the publishing deal they had with Atari at the time. Since Atari has nothing to do with this WiiWare release, as far as I know, and since Telltale hasn't said a single word on the Wii port in about 8 months, I'd say it's safe to assume that it is dead, at this point.

Ah, that makes sense. Thank you.
  • edited March 2011
    The wait for the WiiWare port last year was definitely annoying to me. I ended up getting it on PC (several times over, in fact, due to bundles and stuff). But it would have been nice to hear that the WiiWare version was put to rest. In fact, I didn't even know that it never came out until this thread. And that stinks. It woulda been great playing on a TV with the Wii remote.
  • edited March 2011
    I think the last time Telltale said anything about the WiiWare release (though this was a while ago) they insisted it was still coming.

But yeah, I think it's safe to say the WiiWare version is dead.
  • edited April 2011
    Since they just announced a PSN port with no mention of the Wii version, and they've also removed the wiiwarelogo.png logo from the games page, it's definitely not happening in the foreseeable future.
  • edited April 2011
    I think the PSN thing is April's Fool
    Anyhow, I also think the WiiWare version is mostly dead
  • edited April 2011
    I think the PSN thing is April's Fool

it's not, I think it was first announced in February.

Like at this site: http://www.joystiq.com/2011/02/18/puzzle-agent-2-coming-this-summer-puzzle-agent-1-coming-to-psn/
  • edited April 2011
    Since they just announced a PSN port with no mention of the Wii version, and they've also removed the wiiwarelogo.png logo from the games page, it's definitely not happening in the foreseeable future.

The WiiWare logo has been gone from the Games page for a long time now.

But yeah, Telltale has managed to successfully announce and release Puzzle Agent for the iPad, iPhone, and soon the PS3, while the WiiWare version (which was originally announced alongside the PC/Mac versions, mind you) is still nowhere in sight.

I was thinking "Maybe Nintendo's just taking their time approving it for release." Telltale's had a history of trouble with console approval processes, of course. But the approval process couldn't possibly take this long.

The WiiWare version is dead, and nothing short of its release is going to make me say otherwise.

EDIT: I noticed something. In the blog post announcing PA's iPad/iPhone release, they mention how the WiiWare version is still in the works. The Wii isn't mentioned at all in the blog post announcing the PSN release.
  • edited April 2011
    Wait. the wiiware game is STILL in development?
  • edited April 2011
    Darkblader wrote: »
    Wait. the wiiware game is STILL in development?

Doubtful. It was in development at one point, but then they just brushed it under the rug without ever mentioning it again.
  • edited April 2011
    It looks like I was right, the Wiiware version of the game is good as dead.
  • edited April 2011
    I'm still waiting for an official word by somebody from Telltale. Is THAT hard to write a simple post saying "Yes, WiiWare version is dead" or "No, we're still working on it"?
  • edited April 2011
    But maybe the answer isn't as simple as yes or no.
  • edited April 2011
    Either it is dead or it is not dead. It's really that simple.
    True, it may be not dead but they are having a lot of problems with the porting, or with the licensing or whatever, and the game will delay to a unknown date.
    Or maybe they are still deciding whether they declare the WiiWare port dead or not.
    But it would be not dead yet either case, and they could say at least that.
  • edited April 2011
    Well,since i can't wait much longer (Curse you,short attention span!)im going to get the PC version.When i heard about it in Ngamer,I got all excited.Well,that was several months ago.This delay is as big as the WiiWare Cave Story UK one,And that was a BIG delay.Anyway,I'm pretty sure the WiiWare version is dead.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.