IGN /E3: Telltale open to continue BTTF

http://pc.ign.com/articles/117/1174566p1.html

Ugh, more of...this. Unbelievable.

For the rest of you, YAY! WOOHOO! MORE BTTF!

Comments

• edited June 2011
    Why don't like the game? I find it pretty interesting. But that could be because of my addiction to the Alternate Reality/Alternate Universe/Parallel Time Genres
  • edited June 2011
    Nightband wrote: »
    Why don't like the game? I find it pretty interesting. But that could be because of my addiction to the Alternate Reality/Alternate Universe/Parallel Time Genres

The STORY is great. The gameplay is basically nonexistent, though.
  • edited June 2011
    YES. More Back to the Future: The Game, please! =D I love Marty and Doc, and now that I've had a taste of their adventures beyond BTTF3, I'd love to see more! Bring it on!
  • edited June 2011
    Um don't get worked up yet people. They said they're open to doing more. That's not an announcement of another season.
  • edited June 2011
    I agree with PsychoRaven. Until the official announcement happens, it's still filed under 'Maybe'.

On a side note, I think the image you were looking for, RingmasterJ5, was:

vader.jpg
  • edited June 2011
    I'd rather eat a skunk marinated in rancid goat feces than pay for another BttF game from Telltale.
  • edited June 2011
    Oh, trust me, after waiting for SW:TOR for so long, I know not to take "We're open to doing this," as "ANNOUNCEMENT! THIS IS HAPPENING!" Still, it's good to know that all parties involved, especially the people involved in making it (i.e. Telltale) are more than happy to do a sequel.
  • edited June 2011
    Maybe they aren't being able to fully close the story for Episode 5? Those damn deadlines have been affecting the stories ever since Tales...
  • edited June 2011
    The developers said they were loving making it, and were "interested" in the future of this series. Bob Gale said the ending of Episode V "evokes feelings of the end of the first movie, and is going to leave a lot of fans saying, 'Oh boy!' "

So that might be something. But let's not jump the gun on it.
  • edited June 2011
    Maybe with a second season they'll take on board all the fan's feedback and crank up the complexity of the puzzles.
  • edited June 2011
    Whether they do or don't fine-tune the puzzles in a hypothetical second season, I'd likely still get it. There are some games I play for the story and little else.

999 is a good example. That's essentially a novel with a few puzzle areas thrown in. Still one of my favourite games of the last year.
  • edited June 2011
    Yaaaaaaayyyy!!!!
  • edited June 2011
    Um don't get worked up yet people. They said they're open to doing more. That's not an announcement of another season.

Indeed.

As a side note...I was kinda hoping that we'd get a trailer for Episode 5 out of E3...
  • edited June 2011
    Just make it more challenging and I'll support it. Come on, now. I'm sure you've garnered your movie fans with this first season. Do the second season right if you're going to do one. And make the demo just as challenging because I'm not paying for another one until I know it's going to be totally worth the experience.
  • edited June 2011
    Indeed.

As a side note...I was kinda hoping that we'd get a trailer for Episode 5 out of E3...

Nah I knew we wouldn't. It's the final episode and coming out soon. And I could not care less if they up the puzzle difficulty. I'm not a fan of these types of games but I've actually enjoyed BTTF and feel the puzzle difficulty is just right for fans like me who came in because it was BTTF.
  • edited June 2011
    If we get another round of BttF before Sam and Max Season 4, Monkey Island 6, or Strong Bad Season 2, I will be very, very sad. :(
  • edited June 2011
    "could be"? "would be happy to"? I wouldn't start panicking yet
  • I can understand why people don't like it. I'm loving it but I'm a huge BTTF fan and find it's been answering my 20 year old imagination asking "what happened after part III". But strictly from a gameplay perspective, it isn't that great of a GAME. Not enough for me to want to play Jurassic park as playing the game is only marginally more entertaining than watching the gameplay on youtube.
    This is more of a story game than a puzzle game which is probably why some telltale addicts dislike it.
    I hope there is a second season.
  • edited June 2011
    I think depending on how the final chapter turns out will be the reaction that will make us say "we want more" sort of deal but its cool that TellTale is considering another Season but if it does happen itll probably be after Jurassic Park and The Walking Dead release if so hopefully TellTale will listen to us about what should be improved until Chapter 5 comes out we gotta wait to give a full opinion cause for all we know they might be fixing the issues from the previous Episodes for Chapter 5 to be Great so all we can do now is wait and see
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited June 2011
    I changed the thread title. "Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo" wasn't really specific as to the contents of the thread. :D :D

That said, I am not "opposed" to more BTTF episodes. Let them do that, I just won't buy them. The only problem I see is that the development of more BTTF episodes (in the same gaming philosophy) just steals them time for important things (like Sam & Max or Monkey Island, or any other franchise geared towards actual adventure gamers).
  • edited June 2011
    I didnt mind the game itself, it just lacked a bit of puzzle. I wouldn't mind seeing a 2nd season, but I just want telltale to think of a story and gameplay first before just jumping in on the game.

I would like to see a game where you could actually drive the delorean, like through the sky and on land and stuff, like a free roam sort of game, so you don't necessarilly have to follow the storyline as much.

You gotta give it to Telltale though, they got most of the original voice actors and they have a delorean time machine, what more Bttf could you get?? seriously
  • edited June 2011
    GREAT SCOTT!! As a Back to the Future fan for since i can remember, i pretty much peed myself with all the news thats been coming out lately. If they were to go ahead with a part two i'd be totally stoked. Gettin MJ Fox for the finale is amazing news, it just seemed a little sad without him associated with it in some way. If they pull the whole team together including MJ Fox for another adventure i would have zero objections.

as for it not being puzzling enough i would agree with that, i've been an adventure/point n' click fan for many years and could see how people could be annoyed at the lack of challenge. I think a lot of non adventure type people, and for that matter, non "gamer" type people in general flocked to this game for their love of the movies. Now that everyone knows what to expect kinda i think they can step it up in a possible sequel. but with that being said, it is Back to the Future afterall, the story should be the most important part.

Between BTTF, Monkey Island and Jurassic Park, Telltale has really brought my childhood in cinema and gaming back to life, and i'm sure im not the only one! Keep up all the great work and please guys and girls at telltale and universal give us more BTTF!!

i love how AJ, Martys voice actor says in the behind the scenes video "where they leave us, it just makes me wanna see what the next adventure is." Sounds like they may know something we dont know yet. Whether these adventures include Telltale Games or not is the question.

yeah kinda long sorry... thats heavy
  • edited June 2011
    itssas83 wrote: »
    i love how AJ, Martys voice actor says in the behind the scenes video "where they leave us, it just makes me wanna see what the next adventure is." Sounds like they may know something we dont know yet.

I think it would be totally wrong to completely end what we know about BTF... It's great they are keeping it open-ended, on whatever level it might be. ;)
  • edited June 2011
    I'd be willing to give Telltale a second chance if they did more. If they took as much time to make a game to actually play as they did creating the story and universe then it'll be worth paying for. I've been so disappointed with this season, but hopefully they'll learn from it and make a solid game to go with it if they do another.
  • edited June 2011
    Ok, I see why some people don't like the game but personally I love it! But then again I'm a massive BTTF fan and I really just play it for story. I think it would be a great idea to do another season but maybe only after they've done some other games first.
  • edited June 2011
    Ok, I see why some people don't like the game but personally I love it! But then again I'm a massive BTTF fan and I really just play it for story.

If you're only in it for the story, then you should definitely prefer it to be nothing like a game. A movie or even TV series or something would at least have proper pacing.
  • edited June 2011
    Telltale Forums AKA Cynicism Central.

I personally would love another season. If they ramp up the difficulty it will be even better than the first.
  • edited June 2011
    Maybe with a second season they'll take on board all the fan's feedback and crank up the complexity of the puzzles.
    This.

Although I loved the story, and ofc, the humour, I think it could've been done better i.e puzzles. The people who love BTTF who aren't adventure gamers, will be the second time round no doubt.

Besides, TT needs to impress Rather Trashing!
  • edited June 2011
    Nah I knew we wouldn't. It's the final episode and coming out soon. And I could not care less if they up the puzzle difficulty. I'm not a fan of these types of games but I've actually enjoyed BTTF and feel the puzzle difficulty is just right for fans like me who came in because it was BTTF.

I totally agree with you raven.. i only got it because it was bttf and not because of telltale i've never played any of the other games nor am i interested but i may be interested with jurassic park if the story is done right! lol
  • edited June 2011
    If you're only in it for the story, then you should definitely prefer it to be nothing like a game. A movie or even TV series or something would at least have proper pacing.

Maybe, although if they came out with a game that was less story line and action /adventure (like the idea of actually flying the deloreon into different timelines) I would probably prefer it to this. I'm not the biggest fan of point and click games. In fact this is the first one I've ever played.
  • edited June 2011
    Maybe, although if they came out with a game that was less story line and action /adventure (like the idea of actually flying the deloreon into different timelines) I would probably prefer it to this. I'm not the biggest fan of point and click games. In fact this is the first one I've ever played.

Calling this game a point and click game is an insult to point and click games. Good point and click games involve solving logical problems with the objects available to you in order to continue the storyline. BttF primarily involves clicking things until the storyline advances itself.
  • edited June 2011
    This is exactly the problem....on both fronts. Why does a point & click game have to be so unimaginative and boring? And why does an action/adventure have to have less story? Sierra games were always exciting, riveting and had lots of action-packed and tense moments despite being point & click. And they were intelligent, complex, difficult, and had a great story to boot. Today it seems you can't possibly have both.
  • edited June 2011
    Unlike some other people, i am PUMPED for any new Back to the future matriel
  • edited June 2011
    I changed the thread title. "Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo" wasn't really specific as to the contents of the thread. :D :D

You bet it was...
  • edited June 2011
    As the title was unwillingly changed, I just want to make my extreme displeasure for this news clear: I WILL NOT BUY ANOTHER BTTF UNLESS THEY MAKE IT HARDER. BTTF IS A DISGRACE TO TTG'S PREVIOUS GAMES.
  • edited June 2011
    As the title was unwillingly changed, I just want to make my extreme displeasure for this news clear: I WILL NOT BUY ANOTHER BTTF UNLESS THEY MAKE IT HARDER. BTTF IS A DISGRACE TO TTG'S PREVIOUS GAMES.

Woop-t-doo for you.
  • edited June 2011
    The only other way people would even consider buying this is if Telltale goes DIRECTLY to the community and asks them how they would perfer the gameplay to be changed or made better.

Looking at the comments of the article I find it ironic that people would be delighted for a second BTTF, but they were also trashing Jurassic Park. Is the IGN community Bi-Polar or something?
  • edited June 2011
    The only other way people would even consider buying this is if Telltale goes DIRECTLY to the community and asks them how they would perfer the gameplay to be changed or made better.

Looking at the comments of the article I find it ironic that people would be delighted while they were trashing Jurassic Park. Is the IGN community Bi-Polar or something?

Yes.

My only complaint with what I saw of Jurassic Park had to do with animations mainly. Well, that and I still don't like small Dilophosaurs...
  • edited June 2011
    Well Telltales bttf game is better than the NES game, so we should be happy
  • More bttf would be nice but we still have to wait until its announced

Where Were Going We Don't Need Roads.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.