IGN /E3: Telltale open to continue BTTF

Comments

• edited June 2011
    Colucci wrote: »
    Well Telltales bttf game is better than the NES game, so we should be happy

"Hey, eating cat feces isn't quite as bad as eating dinosaur feces, so we should enjoy it!"
  • edited June 2011
    Colucci wrote: »
    Well Telltales bttf game is better than the NES game, so we should be happy

Well, to be fair, although I don't agree with him completely, SHODAN has a point. The NES game is a horrible abomination of mankind. Stabbing oneself in the eye would be preferable to playing that game.
  • edited June 2011
    "Hey, eating cat feces isn't quite as bad as eating dinosaur feces, so we should enjoy it!"

are you sure?

4kb8xvm.jpg
  • edited June 2011
    FIRST CITIZEN BROWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRKnWyLYJjI
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited June 2011
    Damn, now I can't get this out of my head.

threelloyds.jpg
  • edited June 2011
    I am all for a second season! I would prefer more than 2 years, but even with that, I will gladly buy! I did not buy it for the puzzles. I bought it because I am a huge fan and wanted the game. After I see Jurassic Park and decide if I like it, if I like it I might consider JP the Game. A few days ago, I bought Puzzle Agent. I liked it,it had a funny line or two, and it was creepy, but I liked it! I want to pre-order Puzzle Agent 2! They should totally do a second season for BTTF the game! And have the same actors! I hope Einstien will be in the second season!
  • edited June 2011
    Damn, now I can't get this out of my head.

threelloyds.jpg

MY EYES. What has been seen can't be unseen. DAMN YOU!!!

That is one creepy picture without a doubt. lol
  • edited June 2011
    So, basically, Doc Brown got a hold of the Immortality Gate?
  • edited June 2011
    Color me dissapointed for not releasing the episode 5 trailer early at E3.
    edited June 2011

Maybe they still don't know what the fluff might happen in the last episode. :D :D :D
  • edited June 2011
    Telltale Forums AKA Cynicism Central.

This, this, this.
    The last time I saw such cynical posting was on Ubisoft's Splinter Cell Conviction forums.

Which made me look into this SHODANFreeman guy after seeing some of his posts floating around. Holy hell, I think he's mad, it seems like he spends too much time trying to bash this game. Funny how he posted this last year:
    I am very excited for the game as I'm sure it will be great, I'm just worried that there will be a large group of people who totally miss the point of the game. I hope I'm wrong, but I am convinced that most people will be disappointed in what the game is. :(

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=412429&postcount=60
  • edited June 2011

So was I, but oh well. Except for Nintendo, I was rather disappointed with the leavings of this E3. Kinect nonsense ruled MS, Sony can't stop talking about how sorry it is for the hacking of the PSN and how we should give a flying f*** about the Pita, and mediocre games almost all around. And too many reboots. Tomb Raider...fine. Lara kinda needs to be reinvented. But Devil May Cry? WTF. Okay, so a lot of people didn't like that you didn't play as Dante through the whole first half of DMC4. You know how you fix that? You make DMC5 with Dante as the main freakin character, you don't reboot the entire franchise.
  • edited June 2011
    haha Jinjo awesome find

back to topic tho, when all the hype is done and settled, if there is a season 2, everyones gonna buy it. i mean you either love telltale, u love bttf, both, or even if you hated it your not gonna wanna miss out on all the epic forum battles and drama thats sure to ensue. and yeah sure the gameplay is basic but it looks great and is just fun to see them control a classic...
  • edited June 2011
    @Jinjo ROFL!!

Hopefully they'll up the difficulty a bit but not bothered if they don't as the story is compelling enough so double yay from me for season 2.
  • edited June 2011
    Jinjo wrote: »
    This, this, this.
    The last time I saw such cynical posting was on Ubisoft's Splinter Cell Conviction forums.

Which made me look into this SHODANFreeman guy after seeing some of his posts floating around. Holy hell, I think he's mad, it seems like he spends too much time trying to bash this game. Funny how he posted this last year:

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=412429&postcount=60

Way to miss the entire point of my post and take it completely out of context. That post was weeks before the first episode even came out, and I was worried that it would actually be an adventure game and that brainless morons would play it expecting some kind of crappy GTA Hill Valley game. Little did I know that the game would not be a game at all. I really don't see how you've proven anything other than the fact that I initially anticipated the game, but I guess great job digging through my entire post history attempting to find some "dirt" on me?
  • edited June 2011
    Way to miss the entire point of my post and take it completely out of context. That post was weeks before the first episode even came out, and I was worried that it would actually be an adventure game and that brainless morons would play it expecting some kind of crappy GTA Hill Valley game. Little did I know that the game would not be a game at all. I really don't see how you've proven anything other than the fact that I initially anticipated the game, but I guess great job digging through my entire post history attempting to find some "dirt" on me?
    Haha, great job at damage controlling everything.

Seriously now, lighten up a bit (or a lot). Not trying to sound like an irate college video gamer or anything, but who put the stick up your Max?
  • edited June 2011
    The STORY is great. The gameplay is basically nonexistent, though.

It's a point and click game, what kinda gameplay did you expect?
  • edited June 2011
    Ashki wrote: »

Well at least some decent puzzles. Some of the episodes have been a bit lacking in those.
  • edited June 2011
    Jinjo wrote: »
    Haha, great job at damage controlling everything.

Seriously now, lighten up a bit (or a lot). Not trying to sound like an irate college video gamer or anything, but who put the stick up your Max?

There's no "damage control" being done. Read the damn topic you linked my post from. It's from before the game came out, and I was still under the impression that Telltale made games that I wanted to play.
  • edited June 2011
    FIRST CITIZEN BROWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRKnWyLYJjI

Is it bad my attention was focused on the fact I've never seen Christopher Lloyd in a ponytail before?
  • edited June 2011
    Oh good, can't wait to see how people will ***** about it if they do continue it.
  • edited June 2011
    forummouse wrote: »
    Is it bad my attention was focused on the fact I've never seen Christopher Lloyd in a ponytail before?

lol, I had the same thought. It's a shame really...he almost convinced me to try Kinect. Almost.
  • edited June 2011
    I think it's cool that they might be open to continue it...don't know what else they could do.
  • edited June 2011
    I'm always open to more stories based in the BttF Universe. I hope they do it. I really don't get the hyper-intense level of hate for BttF:TG by some posters.

Granted, there are things I'd love to see TellTale improve on with BttF, particularly in making the game more of a challenge and polishing it more, but I really don't see how BttF was much different than S&M. S&M was never THAT challenging either, they were always fairly short and had their share of technical shortcomings. That never stopped me from enjoying S&M and hasn't stopped me from enjoying BttF. I guess I just question what some of the posters here were expecting from TellTale? I have found BttF to be pretty standard fare when it comes to TellTale games.

Oh well.
  • edited June 2011
    forummouse wrote: »

I can relate; I wasn't sure if it was a ponytail or not and ended up pausing it to confirm. What can I say? He pulled it off.

Christopher Lloyd is truly legendary.
  • edited June 2011
    There's no "damage control" being done. Read the damn topic you linked my post from. It's from before the game came out, and I was still under the impression that Telltale made games that I wanted to play.

It's okay, bro. No need to be so mad. Not everything can be what you want it to be.
  • edited June 2011
    Gosh poor Chris.

Also, how is Kinect supposed to be the future ? Are rail shooters all that awaits us ? Great.
  • edited June 2011
    Strayth wrote: »
    Gosh poor Chris.

Also, how is Kinect supposed to be the future ? Are rail shooters all that awaits us ? Great.

lol That and the "invisible sword" syndrome. At least with the Wii and the Move you feel like you're actually swinging something instead of flailing your arms. Well, most still just flail their arms but that's beside the point. lol
  • edited June 2011
    I'd look forward for a season 2 if they made it a little harder. I think I beat a couple episodes in 2 or 3 hours and after waiting month to play the newest episode it's sorta a bummer.
    edited June 2011
    techie775 wrote: »
    I'd look forward for a season 2 if they made it a little harder. I think I beat a couple episodes in 2 or 3 hours and after waiting month to play the newest episode it's sorta a bummer.

Episode length is less of an issue here. Some of the best Sam & Max episodes can be played in ca. three hours even with careful exploring. It's always the gaming quality that was the problem. "Harder puzzles" make the game longer, I guess, but we might only count that as quality time if you spend the time pondering the mechanics of a logical puzzle (and less searching for an object you might have overlooked due to pixel hunting, the only thing which has stumped me twice during the season).

After all, if we had a 15 hour game total at 25$ at the end of the season, that would be pretty all right length-wise (disregarding every other issue), don't you think?
  • edited June 2011
    I'd agree that 15 hours of total gameplay for $25 is a solid deal. Heck, I've paid $60 for full retail games that were half that length and ended up being half as entertaining as this first season of Back to the Future.

Is it a perfect game? No. There are flaws.. puzzle difficulty is one of them.. but I think they captured the spirit of the movies well and came up with something that is ultimately a pretty fun addition to the BTTF universe.
  • edited June 2011
    I'd agree that 15 hours of total gameplay for $25 is a solid deal. Heck, I've paid $60 for full retail games that were half that length and ended up being half as entertaining as this first season of Back to the Future.
    It would be, if you actually were playing a game for 15 hours. The thing is, this title is so full of filler material, most of your time is spent simply clicking on the first thing in a room. There's no room to explore or try new things, and you're not really interacting with a world in any real way. It feels pointless.

I'd also like to note that I've paid less for many of my most-played games. $10 for 30+ hours in Super Meat Boy, for instance.
  • edited June 2011

And with this statement, you have provided the perfect evidence for why people are upset with this game. It's a game introducing new people to adventure gaming, and all anyone will take away from the experience is that adventure games have horrible gameplay that is uplifted only by the story. And that just isn't true in the slightest.
  • edited June 2011

After all, if we had a 15 hour game total at 25$ at the end of the season, that would be pretty all right length-wise (disregarding every other issue), don't you think?

It depends. When ever I play a telltale season, I find myself comparing the whole season as to playing a sierra or lucasarts game which always took me longer to finish. I don't know if that's a fair comparison seeing how those games maybe bigger than telltale's in the longer run. It depends how you look at it.
  • edited June 2011
    And with this statement, you have provided the perfect evidence for why people are upset with this game. It's a game introducing new people to adventure gaming, and all anyone will take away from the experience is that adventure games have horrible gameplay that is uplifted only by the story. And that just isn't true in the slightest.

Whatever you say bro.
  • edited June 2011
    Whatever you say bro.
    She kind of has a point.
  • edited June 2011
    Whatever you say bro.

No, whatever you say, bro.

But seriously, what's the point in replying if your response consists solely of a brush off? The same effect could be easily be accomplished by not replying at all.
  • edited June 2011
    No, whatever you say, bro.

But seriously, what's the point in replying if your response consists solely of a brush off? The same effect could be easily be accomplished by not replying at all.
    3a7Se.jpg
  • edited June 2011

Puzzles, more things to interact with than the stuff required to beat the "game", secrets to be found etc...
  • edited June 2011
    3a7Se.jpg

You fell asleep halfway through that movie! You have to actually finish it before you can make Dude comments. I'm sure that's some sort of rule...somewhere...
Sign in to comment in this discussion.