edited December 2014 in Sam & Max

Comments

• edited July 2007
    This is the image that was the cover on my cd-rom version, which came in a modern dvd case:

567024.jpg

I couldn't find a picture of the back, though.
  • edited July 2007
    I think there needs to be one thats exactly like the original box art. With the road map edging it all around.

I'm not digging the blue
  • edited July 2007
    Permission Denied
  • edited July 2007
    When my Season 1 DVD ships, I'll create a "Hit the Road"-cover that matches the design of the S1-DVD... if you have the patience, that is.
  • edited July 2007
    Make sure you use the original art!
  • edited July 2007
    Marsan ever want to know how many sam & max hit the roads were made? lol
    http://lucasarts.vintagegaming.org/index.php?do=game&gameid=10#Sam%20and%20Max

and thats not including 2005+ new versions.. since sadly he sold most of his collection.. luckily I got loads of the S&M stuff. :P

man I loved that guys collection XD He never did tell me why he stopped.. just said it was time lol.
  • edited July 2007
    Here's a picture of the ultra-rare dutch cd cover (scroll down).
    http://www.marktplaats.nl/index.php?url=http%3A//computer-software.marktplaats.nl/...
    Mm, maybe I should bid on that thing...

edit: wow, I had no idea marktplaats used such absurdly long links; had to snip that
  • edited July 2007
    Harald B wrote: »
    Uhm... what's so "ultra-rare" about it? Don't all versions look like that? At least my German version does...
    xChri5x wrote: »
    Make sure you use the original art!
    Yeah yeah... is there a reason you don't trust me? ;)
  • edited July 2007
    Uhm... what's so "ultra-rare" about it?
    I have no idea, actually. It just sounded nice :p
  • edited July 2007
    Harald B wrote: »
    http://www.marktplaats.nl/index.php?url=http%3A//computer-software.marktplaats.nl/...
    Mm, maybe I should bid on that thing...

edit: wow, I had no idea marktplaats used such absurdly long links; had to snip that
    Hmmm, so that's where the "This property is protected by Sam & Max" cursed window sticker came from..... Interesting...
  • edited July 2007
    When my Season 1 DVD ships, I'll create a "Hit the Road"-cover that matches the design of the S1-DVD... if you have the patience, that is.

If I had the resources to do one I'd put the HTR art where the Season One art is and where the ripped black parts on the top and bottom are, instead of it being just black it would be cool if it were the road map from the original box. On the bottom part is where "Hit The Road" in it's original font would go and as for the top, the Police Badge with "Sam & Max" would fit right in the middle kind of overlaping the rip where the map and art meet.
    That's my idea!

I'm not sure if it would end up looking good though...
  • edited August 2007
    :D

samnmax_dvds3.JPG
  • edited August 2007
    meelWORM wrote: »

samnmax_dvds3.JPG

that is supercool, could you post the full image file please? or alink to it.
  • edited August 2007
    meelWORM that looks awesome...
  • edited August 2007
    Pretty nice :D
  • edited August 2007
    Amazing!
  • edited August 2007

samnmax_dvds3.JPG

Amazing!
    I still think it needs the original Logos though. Having everything the same as the season one cover makes it seem like it's part of that series when it's really a seperate game.
    I still think having the road map on the top and bottom would look really awesome.
  • edited August 2007
    meelWORM that rocks man!
  • edited August 2007
    Amazing!
    I still think it needs the original Logos though. Having everything the same as the season one cover makes it seem like it's part of that series when it's really a seperate game.
    I still think having the road map on the top and bottom would look really awesome.

The original logos are there. *points to the base of the spine* See? The little LucasArts L is there!
  • edited August 2007

samnmax_dvds3.JPG

Oh. My. God. Please post that here so I can print it off. :D Pleeeaaase?
  • edited August 2007
    Man, I think alot of people would like that too...its quite spectacular...I know I would!
  • edited August 2007
    @meelWORM can you please upload both covers?? that would be soooo nice :)
  • edited August 2007
    crazler wrote: »

The first one you can get professionally printed and wrapped around a disc containing the games for free if you get the downloadable season :)
  • OMAOMA
    edited August 2007

Both? Why would you also want the Season 1 cover? You can get the original for just the cost of shipping (cos you already paid for Season 1, did you? ;) )

Edit: Wow, we posted at the same minute :)
  • edited August 2007
    yeah, both where great.. i am from germany and i will get my copy on the date it will be released here (i have pre-order it on amazon). but i dont like the german cover, this one has much more style... :( i want to put this version of the cover in my rack...
    in the attachment you can see the cover that i mean
  • edited August 2007
    Why didn't you order the one from this site then?
  • edited August 2007
    It's actually cheaper to buy it from Telltale themselves (the whole Season + Disc), or it is in the UK anyway.

EDIT: Just checked Amazon.de. You actually get the game cheaper than it is on the UK site, but it's only by £3 / €4.50(?).
    If you really want the Telltale cover, you might as well cancel your Amazon preorder and order the series and disc from Telltale (or if you've already bought the series online, you might as well cancel the preorder and get the disc from them for the cost of shipping (€7.40) anyway)
  • edited August 2007
    Badwolf wrote: »
    It's actually cheaper to buy it from Telltale themselves (the whole Season + Disc), or it is in the UK anyway.

EDIT: Just checked Amazon.de. You actually get the game cheaper than it is on the UK site, but it's only by £3 / €4.50(?).
    If you really want the Telltale cover, you might as well cancel your Amazon preorder and order the series and disc from Telltale (or if you've already bought the series online, you might as well cancel the preorder and get the disc from them for the cost of shipping (€7.40) anyway)

Or get them both! :D
  • edited August 2007
    i ordered from amazon and not from telltale because the one from amazon has a complete german translation, with the original voice actors from hit the road.. (max in example has the german voice of bart simpson) the one from telltale didnt has a german version on it. can anyone please upload the cover(s)? or can send me a scan per email??
    you would make me very happy ;)
    d_schleenbecker@hotmail.com
  • edited August 2007
    i ordered from amazon and not from telltale because the one from amazon has a complete german translation, with the original voice actors from hit the road.. (max in example has the german voice of bart simpson) the one from telltale didnt has a german version on it. can anyone please upload the cover(s)? or can send me a scan per email??
    you would make me very happy ;)
    d_schleenbecker@hotmail.com

But the cover wouldn't match the disc. Both versions have different features.
    It's blasphemy! It would be a shell of an truly great item.

Plus people who downloaded the game would be able to make bootlegs and I really don't want to see that.
  • edited August 2007
    Amazing!
    Original logos are on the back. I consider both games part of the 'Sam & Max' series ;)
    I tried it briefly with the map in place of the black areas, but I didn't like how it was looking.
    I understand your situation, but I don't feel its appropriate for me to share the original scan.

Thanks to everyone for your comments! Here is the 300dpi image, just print it off at 100%
    http://www.meelworm.com/stuff/snmhtrdvdcase005.zip

snmhtrdvdcase005s.jpg
  • edited August 2007
    Original logos are on the back. I consider both games part of the 'Sam & Max' series ;)
    I tried it briefly with the map in place of the black areas, but I didn't like how it was looking.

I understand your situation, but I don't feel its appropriate for me to share the original scan.

Thanks to everyone for your comments! Here is the 300dpi image, just print it off at 100%
    http://www.meelworm.com/stuff/snmhtrdvdcase005.zip

snmhtrdvdcase005s.jpg

*high fives* Thanks so much. :)
  • edited August 2007
    That's awesome dude, just printed it out, and it looks great, though I'mm trying to figure out how to print it larger. My printer defaults to photomode when I try to print it without borders.
  • edited August 2007
    E X C E L L E N T stuff!!!!! Thank you!
  • edited August 2007
    *dies* I'm a dvd cover nut, so I'm in heaven.

I'm still looking foreward to what laserschwert has instore for his cover
  • edited August 2007
    Yeah, I'd love to see it, I'm a cover fan too.
  • edited August 2007
    I couldn't resist.
    b105089701.bmp
  • edited August 2007
    Shame I don't have that to make use of it. :(
  • edited August 2007
    Gah, AWESOME! *high fives meelWORM*
Sign in to comment in this discussion.