124»

Comments

• edited September 2007
    (Jake is able to bug people without even talking to them!)
  • edited September 2007
    tabacco wrote: »
    (Jake is able to bug people without even talking to them!)

I thought that was Brendan? Or only when he's in character?
  • edited September 2007
    So, whoever needs covers for the German releases, get them here:

s1_cover_deutsch_prev.jpg

htr_cover_deutsch_prev.jpg

Sam & Max: Season One (German)
    Sam & Max Hit the Road (German)
  • edited September 2007
    Telltale. Hire this guy as a product designer, please. He's got the goods.
  • edited September 2007
    Laserschwert : Those historical movies boxarts are extremely good, would you mind uploading the psd for one of those? So I can have a big collection myself :D
  • edited September 2007
    I'm having a hell of a time trying to print this cover off. I bought photo-paper and I'm all ready to go but each program warns me about the picture being squished or cutoff. I know my printer prints boarder-less too (It was in the booklet!).
    I tried splitting the cover into two peices but undercoverxp won't have it.
    Nero is useless also since the cover is too big for it's templates.
    Dvdit's program is a joke.
    Trying to print it through "paint" is useless because the print preview shows 10% of the cover with the rest cut off.
    I guess I'll go hunt for more programs and such. I'm determined!
  • edited September 2007
    xChri5x wrote: »
    I'm having a hell of a time trying to print this cover off. I bought photo-paper and I'm all ready to go but each program warns me about the picture being squished or cutoff. I know my printer prints boarder-less too (It was in the booklet!).
    I tried splitting the cover into two peices but undercoverxp won't have it.
    Nero is useless also since the cover is too big for it's templates.
    Dvdit's program is a joke.
    Trying to print it through "paint" is useless because the print preview shows 10% of the cover with the rest cut off.
    I guess I'll go hunt for more programs and such. I'm determined!

Well, at least I might have an idea what the problem might be. It looks like somehow the images lose their dpi-info when being uploaded, since the downloaded images kinda seem to get a dpi-value of 72, which of course makes it way to big when printed. But still, UnderCoverXP should be the solution there, because it allows to determine the exact printing size...
  • edited September 2007
    So after a lot of digging I've found that the problem lies in my HP printer. It won't print that close to the edge of 8.5x11 paper because it loses it's grip of the paper toward the end. There is a way around it though. Instead of trying to re-explain it I'll just quote it:

"I was having the exact same problem as you. The problem is because the printer doesn't have anything to hold onto to continue feeding the paper through. So you have two options:

1) Use legal size paper 8.5 x 14

2) Cut a rectangular piece of paper out to attach to the bottom of
    your 8.5 x 11 paper, then specify it as 'legal' under your print
    options

I have some nice thick photo HP paper that is 8.5 x 11, so I've been using option #2. It's kind of a cheesy fix but it works and won't cut off any of your cover."
    Source

I'm out of paper and I don't have any tape, so once I resupply myself I'll give it a go and let you know if it worked!
  • edited September 2007
    Oh and Laserschwert, on your German Season 1 cover you have the 1994 Lucasarts copyright. ;)
  • edited September 2007
    tobar wrote: »
    Oh and Laserschwert, on your German Season 1 cover you have the 1994 Lucasarts copyright. ;)

Fixed. :)
  • edited September 2007
    wow... meelWorm made that Hit the Road cover? That's impressive... Several months ago, he asked for the Motel King font for which I gave him.
  • edited September 2007
    I got it to print on the photo paper! I'm impressed with the quality but I have to say... for some reason it printed a little bright
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2007
    Everyone's printer will print it differently.... because every printer uses different ink, uses different colormatching settings, etc, etc.

When we printed the real covers to the Season One discs, the printers sent us back proofs to see if the colors were too bright, too dark, etc, etc, and for all the poster prints and stuff that we do, we always go to the printer and do color checks as the first few come off the press, to make sure that they don't look off for some reason. For the Season One cover print (the "Street" print), Steve spent about 40 minutes working with the pressmen running different ink levels, until he got the press printing colors he was pleased with.

When you print at home, if you want something to be exact, you probably have to be willing to go through the same process, but with your home inkjet :)
  • edited September 2007
    Well, it's still really nice looking though, so I don't think I'll redo it anytime soon.
  • edited September 2007
    isn't photopaper to thick to be used inside a dvd-case?

@laserschwert: say, you do stuff like this professionally as well, right? i mean, even the pictures you took of the finished case look like they were shot in a studio...:confused:
  • edited September 2007
    Those aren't pictures he took. It's a program that you load DVD covers into and it renders them into a 3D image. I have one, but it has a stupid watermark :(

The photopaper is pretty thick, but it still works.
  • edited September 2007
    neat...
  • edited September 2007
    xChri5x wrote: »
    It's a program that you load DVD covers into and it renders them into a 3D image.

I think you're talking about IMANDIX, but I've done it a little more "hands on" with 3dsmax, a professional 3D-application. And 3D-graphics is actually what I DO professionally... unfortunately the need for DVD-covers is quite minimal, so that's just a hobby.
  • edited September 2007
    Woo!!!!!
    htrfrontdu5.jpg
    htrbackhk5.jpg
  • edited September 2007
    At last!! Wooohooo!!
  • edited November 2012
    Hey, i know this is WAY old, but I'm kind of nostalgic right now and wanted to make the manual's and dvd cover's for my old lucas cd games.

I have the original cds alone and wanted to put them in DVD cases with some of the original box art and manuals so they kind of feel "complete"and look great on the shelf next to my other games and movies.

The dvd cover for hit the road made by "meelWORM" is really, really great.

But i also want to re-create the manual, I took the one from replacementdocs.com, but it's not complete, it doesn't have some of the mini-comics, so i have been kind of re-creating the manual (also in full color) but i'm missing at least one page, i found it in the french manual, but besides being in french, it's a really terrible scan.

So i was wondering if anyone has the original manual and is willing to scan that page for me? (it's the breakfast at the dinner page, and maybe a better scan of max's paper bag page).
Sign in to comment in this discussion.