Comments

• edited August 2007
    Shame I don't have that to make use of it. :(

That's perfect, I have A DVD that I made for myself, SWEET!
  • edited August 2007
    The screenshots on the back were really throwing me off until I realized they were all mirrored.
  • edited August 2007
    Well, I'll be shang-highed in Bancock and thrown to the FCC for inappropriate induendo use! They are mirrored images!
  • edited August 2007
    Thats really cool...because I have 2 CD's of Hit the Road, so now I can put one in the original box, and one in the special new box...
  • edited August 2007
    MeelWORM, I just had to add my voice to the choir singing your praises. You, sir / ma'am, rock astonishingly hard. Thank you.
  • edited August 2007
    What kind of paper is best to print this out on?
  • edited August 2007
    Thanks again to everyone for your comments!

I printed it out on Matte Photo paper, but Glossy Photo might look nice also. Also, I used Letter sized paper with the Borderless Printing option enabled. If your printer doesn't have Borderless, or if it requires somewhat large borders, you may have to locate some Legal sized Photo paper.
  • edited August 2007
    Matte paper, got it! Oh and I was wondering as ReverendTed pointed out, all of the screenshots are backwards. Was that done intentionally or was it an accident? I think it helps to make it a little bit more quirky for lack of a better term.
  • edited August 2007
    Anyone wanna print out a nice copy for me and send it my way? :(
  • edited August 2007
    tobar wrote: »
    Matte paper, got it! Oh and I was wondering as ReverendTed pointed out, all of the screenshots are backwards. Was that done intentionally or was it an accident? I think it helps to make it a little bit more quirky for lack of a better term.
    If you compare it to the original back, you'll see that there is some other rearrangement, as well as the horizontal flip. This was done for the best alignment with the other DVD case elements.
  • edited September 2007
    I too would enjoy this original disc cover, as i´ve ordered from Amazon (German Version) aswell. I think your are a bit over the top here by not providing it. ;)
  • edited September 2007
    s108432690.jpg
    s108432681.jpg

Printed one off! I flipped the pictures on the back cover around first though. My printer squished the image a bit so it didn't fill the whole case, but I put it in a clear one and you can't notice it as much. I guess it couldn't print close enough to the edge of the paper
  • edited September 2007
    I'd do this with my copy of HtR.

But, well...
    It's signed by Steve Purcell and Dave Grossman.
  • edited September 2007
    AllenB wrote: »
    I'd do this with my copy of HtR.

But, well...
    It's signed by Steve Purcell and Dave Grossman.

*screams like Bosco*
    Lucky!
  • edited September 2007
    Well, I couldn't resist doing one myself (thanks to meelWORM for some inspiration!). I've rebuild everything from scratch, and only used the scan of the S1-cover as a guide. Furthermore I've tried to create a matching back-cover as well.

htr_cover_prev.jpg

Here's the full-size DOWNLOAD
  • edited September 2007
    I'm not sure which one I like better, actually, I think I may take the back from yours and combine it with Meelworm's, I like the back, but Meelworm's spine has the Season one type font on it.

PS. you mispelled gratuitous, and I'm pretty sure I did too.
    gratitious antisocial behavior
  • edited September 2007
    I knew I forgot something... and the error is fixed.
  • edited September 2007
    Nicely done, Laserschwert. I am glad my cover served as some inspiration for you. With the matching rear style, I like your version much better. I will be replacing my cover with yours now (with a couple minor changes). Thanks!
  • edited September 2007
    You're welcome :) Glad you like it.

I know that yours was meant to be a quick replace, but I'm always a little too tenacious with stuff like this.
  • edited September 2007
    Aughhh! I should have waited...

laserschwerts has done it once again! I was planning on re-printing the cover anyways. I have to figure out how to get it not to squish the cover up and I'm also going to try photo paper so it'll be clearer and brighter
  • edited September 2007
    You're welcome :) Glad you like it.

I know that yours was meant to be a quick replace, but I'm always a little too tenacious with stuff like this.

Is there any chance you might make a new one for the TV series, as I've mentioned before, I've got a homemade DVD of that that I'd really like to make match, and the one I made just seems a little too homemade for my taste.
  • edited September 2007
    But shout factory is making a set...:(
  • edited September 2007
    Yeah, no cover for the TV-show, sorry.
  • edited September 2007
    Yeah, but as far as I know they don't have a cover yet. Maybe you could sell your stuff..
  • edited September 2007
    Yeah, right :D

But first I need to convince Steve to paint a front artwork for ME and not for THEM. ;)
  • edited September 2007
    But first I need to convince Steve to paint a front artwork for ME and not for THEM. ;)

*screams like a girl*
  • edited September 2007
    Zeek wrote: »
    *screams like a girl*

:D.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2007
    These are awesome, and extremely flattering if that's okay to say? Geez. Time to print one out.

Good use of coffee stain as well.
  • edited September 2007
    Actually the coffee stain doesn't show very much when printed (at least on my printer)... it's more visible on screen.

And why are you flattered? Because I stole your design? I could steal more of your stuff, if it does it for you...
    edited September 2007
    It's cool to see stuff I made burgled and used to retheme the old game... People could have easily done it the other way around and done a box for Season One that was "more true" to the old LEC boxes or something like that, but it went the other way instead, and that's cool :)

Also, as some here know, I have a history of making fake game boxes... it was a mysterious hobby of mine 6-7 years ago, for some reason, so it's cool to see some well-done fake boxes derived from my now-amazingly-real real box art.
  • MelMel
    edited September 2007
    I think Meelworm's and Laserschwert's are both incredibly lovely. If I had a DVD box of HTR, I'd print them out.

I would also like to commend Jake on using the word burgled. That's awesome!

Robble, robble, robble
  • edited September 2007
    I'm still into my cover-design hobby which started years ago... it looks like I somehow have to get some 2D-design-work-stuff into my life, since job-wise I only deal with 3D- and video-stuff.
    edited September 2007
    Are those all cover sets you did?
  • edited September 2007
    Yeah, somehow German labels tend to make each season-release of a TV-series look different, so I had to take on the task myself. The history-covers on the other hand started with "Kingdom of Heaven", since the German release didn't have the cover-design of the US-one... so I did that one (again, from scratch), and somehow I ended up doing three more.
  • edited September 2007
    Those are awesome! Definatly http://r1db.com material
  • edited September 2007
    xChri5x wrote: »
    Those are awesome! Definatly http://r1db.com material

Thanks... but don't get me started with those pay-per-download sites... I HATE those. That's why I offer all my stuff free of charge, which isn't to difficult with today's free image-hosting-services... still those sites try to make money off of it...

See? I hate those.
  • edited September 2007
    I know, I've never paid any money to the site, but I'm very tempted. $8 for 50 downloads is pretty good. Alot of their stuff is top notch too.
    edited September 2007
    You should set up a site for that stuff, Laserschwert, if you haven't already.
  • edited September 2007
    Although they're all available at the German crazycovers.net (which gives download-credits depending on forum-activity) I've put some of the stuff on several other forums as well... since "LucasArts Soundtracks" is already in a long-time sleep, I don't think it would be too good starting yet another site...
    edited September 2007
    True enough. I meant more of just a personal site for your stuff, not themed to anything and without any implied community participation, but yeah.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.