Petition: Sam & Max Plush Toys

Comments

• edited November 2007
    Oh stop teasing us, Telltale and react to this petition! I need my Max plushie!
  • edited November 2007
    yeah... we all need one !!

just think of all the money Telltale :)
  • edited November 2007
    I would definately buy some ^__^
  • edited November 2007
    I'll Buy 100
  • edited November 2007
    I've been dreaming of these for TEN YEARS. Please Telltale? :(
  • edited November 2007
    Only ten?
    Sorry, still have another three to go.
  • edited November 2007
    I'll throw cash at this - doubly so for a DeSoto.
  • edited November 2007
    A plush desoto? Oh boy.....

I'd rather them stick to figures!
  • edited November 2007
    What is needed in the store:
    Hypnobear
    Torture-Me-Elmer
    Boxing Betty
  • edited November 2007
    I don't think TT can afford plastic and plush toys like that, even on a minature Japanese-Key-chain-and-cell-phone-charm scale.
  • edited November 2007
    I'd love to waste my money on all sorts of Sam and Mam toys if only they existed.
  • edited November 2007
    I demand Sam and Max PVC/resin/whatever statues.
  • edited November 2007
    How could they not make plushies of such marketable animals?

I demand some plushies!
  • edited November 2007
    I think they have gotten the point by now and if there will be an economically reasonable way to have some plush toys produced, they probably will. That's what they usually do. Remeber the Season 1 DVD Cover print? Everybody wanted it and they made it. Plush toys just may be a bit different from that, more difficult, since I can't imagine they have a tailor working at their office.
  • edited November 2007
    Dearest Telltale Games,

Sam & Max are hilarious. Steve Purcell is a genius. You are amazing at taking his idea beyond what he probably hoped for.

You have a cult following. This already-large community is going to get much much MUCH bigger, now that you've made Sam & Max Episode 104 free. I'll admit, I was looking at the games awhile back, but wasn't actually pulled in until I played a bit of said episode. I bought the season instantly, and am tempted to buy at least the soundtrack.

Please, tempt me more into spending more of my hard-earned dough on you guys. Sam plushie. Max plushie. Max life-size plushie. Desoto model with Sam & Max figurines (possibly removable/posable). Rearview-mirror dangling Hypnobear. Bobblehead Hypnobear. Possibly, around Halloween, release Hypnobear heads. Sam and Max poseable figurines with big gun, and possibly a few other accessories. etc.

I haven't played the second half of Season 1 yet (or started Season 2... I'm playing in order! Because I must!), so I have no clue if anything else would be good as a toy of some sort.

Release all of this soon, and even more people will buy them (Christmas is very soon, you know). Sure, you can't produce them that quickly (sadly), but you can try.

Thanks.
  • edited November 2007
    Want
  • edited November 2007
    Effigy Mound has some interesting toy designs I just found. One is a Sam & Max figurine set (a la Todd MacFarlen) where it is Sam holding Max in a headlock on the steps to their office. The box they were in appears to be an illustration of the surrounding environment.

Then there's the Max-in-a-Box... I liked the panel where the crank handle is, but I can see why that won't be made into an actual product.:D
  • edited November 2007
    I would KILL for a plush Hypnobear! :)
  • edited November 2007
    Maybe ya'ller buggin the wrong people 'bout this stuff. Try Steve Purcell... unless he reads the board which I can't see him doing on a regular basis
  • edited November 2007
    Maybe so, but if TT is still doing those dinner meetings with him to run episode ideas and get his approval on what they are doing, then chances are the topic of Sam & Max toys has come up over the course of the conversation.
  • edited November 2007
    Unless they get distracted by the ball pit or the air hockey tables. haha jk.
  • edited November 2007
    Hey, who told you about the ball pit?
  • edited November 2007
    This is exactly the kind of thing I'd like to see. I'd buy some sort of plush-type thing of Max if they had one.

Also, new T-shirts.
  • edited November 2007
    xChri5x wrote: »
    Maybe ya'ller buggin the wrong people 'bout this stuff. Try Steve Purcell... unless he reads the board which I can't see him doing on a regular basis
    Or maybe he does...
    Be on the lookout for anybody with the username 'notstevepurcell.'
  • edited November 2007
    tabacco wrote: »

It's a Chuck E. Cheese classic! lol
  • SegSeg
    edited November 2007
    Did somebody say ball pit?
  • edited November 2007
    If you could somehow get sharp pointy teeth on Max, that'd be awesome. But I'd definitely buy a Max doll regardless of pointyness :D

I had to buy one of these:
    http://www.zestuff.com/plush/toyvault/489/

The Toyvault/Monty Python Rabbit with Big Pointy Teeth. The only problem is that it's hard to hide all of the teeth. And oh yeah, a Max plushie would rule.
  • MelMel
    edited November 2007
    tabacco wrote: »
    Seg wrote: »
    Did somebody say ball pit?

The advantage of having one of those at Telltale is that everyone there is potty trained (they are, aren't they?). Therefore, there will be no spread of pathologic enteric bacteria. :p
  • edited November 2007
    Joe2 wrote: »
    I had to buy one of these:
    http://www.zestuff.com/plush/toyvault/489/

The Toyvault/Monty Python Rabbit with Big Pointy Teeth. The only problem is that it's hard to hide all of the teeth. And oh yeah, a Max plushie would rule.
    That looks almost EXACTLY like it did in Quest for Glory IV: Shadows of Darkness!
  • edited December 2007
    I've allready spent all my money to buy Sam & Max Games Clothes and other stuff. But I would take a credit to call some S&M plushies my own :D

/signed
  • edited December 2007
    Signed. I'd quote the Q&A page from the Age of S&M art book, but someone beat me to it. Like 5 or 6 pages ago. :P
  • edited December 2007
    Signed for a big 25-50cm atleast tall Sam & Max :)
  • edited December 2007
    RMJ1984 wrote: »
    Signed for a big 25-50cm atleast tall Sam & Max :)

Or make a life-size Max doll. :D Probably cost $60 though, heh.

Nevertheless, I want one!
  • edited December 2007
    sometimes we sam&max fans are like small children..only with money.:D
  • edited January 2008
    I registered just to say that I f* need these plushies, especially the Max one.
  • edited January 2008
    Regular plush. Big plush. Talking plush.
  • edited January 2008
    I Wanna I Wanna I Wanna.....
  • edited January 2008
    I would Buy 30 Max plushes great idea :D
  • edited January 2008
    Most of the Telltale staff would like Sam & Max toys as well. The problem is that I'm not sure their company would have anything to do with that. Just as the Bone toys are manufactured by a different company, Sam & Max would probably have to do the same.
  • edited January 2008
    I get the feeling that most of the posters here would take to Sam & Max plush toys with the same eagerness that Max takes to wrapped Christmas presents. Or a new gun. Or food.

/signed
Sign in to comment in this discussion.