Petition: Sam & Max Plush Toys

Comments

• edited February 2008
    mish wrote: »
    The reason I don't think a plush Sam & Max will happen is because Steve would never consent to it. It would turn Max into a hello-kitty icon. I'm not 100% sure but I think Steve is against commercial whore-ism.

The Statue in production is a perfect Sam & Max paraphernalia. I wouldn't wanna see a Max plushie happen.

I agree. Maybe we all should make our own, showing our dedication and not there whoreism. :)
  • edited February 2008
    mish wrote: »
    The reason I don't think a plush Sam & Max will happen is because Steve would never consent to it. It would turn Max into a hello-kitty icon. I'm not 100% sure but I think Steve is against commercial whore-ism.
    Wait... Max as Hello Kitty? Where the hell's my sketchbook? This gives me an idea!
  • edited February 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    Maybe a plush Max will give you the self confidence to get over these issues you're grappling with so lamely.

You know, it just might.

EDIT: Wait a minute... are you saying there WILL be Sam & Max plush toys?

Stop! I only have so much money. Are you trying to make me stop eating? Or worse... quit drinking?
  • edited February 2008
    maxteeheesmallif5.jpg

Yeah I know it sucks but he's mine. ;) But I'd still buy a professionally-made one. Sam is really my favorite, I want a little cuddly Sam...
  • edited February 2008
    As an avid female and owner of god knows how many plushies, I would definately buy me some cuddly Freelance Police.

What would be really cool is if they had bendy limbs so you could wrap Max around somebody's neck. :D
  • edited February 2008
    Yeah I know it sucks
    In the words of Snake when he hears of Wario's farting attack... "Are you kidding me?!"

That looks great, I'd buy something like that in a heartbeat!
  • edited February 2008
    maxteeheesmallif5.jpg

That just made the fangirl demon within me squeal with eardrum-piercing glee :D

I think you did a great job on that; very impressive. :)
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2008
    "an avid female" ?
    heh
  • edited February 2008
    hmmmm.....
    489_996.jpg
  • edited February 2008
    Yep, definitely Monty Python.....
  • edited February 2008
    maxteeheesmallif5.jpg

Yeah I know it sucks but he's mine. ;) But I'd still buy a professionally-made one. Sam is really my favorite, I want a little cuddly Sam...

I think I just drooled all over myself!
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2008
    It's awesome that you framed the fold-out poster from the Adventure Company box. I wanted that to be printed on the roughest, yellowest paper that the Adventure Company felt comfortable using, since I knew it would always have a bunch of crease lines. I was hoping that it would more-quickly take on the look of a rough old worn movie poster if they printed it on something other than the stupid white glossy paper they use for advertising-laden school book wraps and fold-outs from Disney Magazine and that kind of crap. Anyway, seeing that poster on your wall makes me happy because it looks exactly how I hoped it would - making the best of a somewhat stupid situation.
  • edited February 2008
    It's awesome that you framed the fold-out poster from the Adventure Company box. I wanted that to be printed on the roughest, yellowest paper that the Adventure Company felt comfortable using, since I knew it would always have a bunch of crease lines. I was hoping that it would more-quickly take on the look of a rough old worn movie poster if they printed it on something other than the stupid white glossy paper they use for advertising-laden school book wraps and fold-outs from Disney Magazine and that kind of crap. Anyway, seeing that poster on your wall makes me happy because it looks exactly how I hoped it would - making the best of a somewhat stupid situation.

Awesome. But yeah it will definitely always have crease lines. That's part of the reason I was thinking of just taking that one out of that frame and putting in the street poster which I hope to grab on Sunday. But I suppose I could just get another frame and make some more room on the wall. ;) I do plan on permanently displaying the Max doll on that shelf so I suppose it wouldn't hurt to put up more S&M art around him.
  • edited February 2008
    maxteeheesmallif5.jpg

Wow! Definatly the best looking stuffed Max I've seen. Love the office poster too!
  • edited February 2008
    Agreed!
  • edited February 2008
    It's awesome that you framed the fold-out poster from the Adventure Company box. I wanted that to be printed on the roughest, yellowest paper that the Adventure Company felt comfortable using, since I knew it would always have a bunch of crease lines.
    I've heard of someone using an iron to get rid of creases on posters. I haven't dared tried it but if you can find the paper that was used you could do some test samples on blank paper (if successful you could make a small insert in the instruction manual for the release of Season 2 if it also comes with a poster). I'm guessing you'd use a mildly warm iron, no steam - and just take your time
  • edited February 2008
    backslash wrote: »
    I've heard of someone using an iron to get rid of creases on posters. I haven't dared tried it but if you can find the paper that was used you could do some test samples on blank paper (if successful you could make a small insert in the instruction manual for the release of Season 2 if it also comes with a poster). I'm guessing you'd use a mildly warm iron, no steam - and just take your time

Close. A warm iron and then you want to sandwich the poster between some matte boards. I think two-ply is thick enough, but if that doesn't make you comfortable, see if you can find four-ply. After that, all you need to do is just iron the creases out like you would a pants, but like you said, no steam.

It's what the photo lab at my school does to get rid of the curling edges from their photographs. I've used it as well when I accidently crease those curling edges putting the photos away in my folder, so I know it works.
  • edited March 2008
    This is on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=130210558434

It's an actual Max plush for sale!

70dd_2.JPG
  • edited March 2008
    This is on eBay:

The plush isn't bad but the item description is a tad pretentious... :rolleyes: I like that it's modified though, what we'd call a "custom". I've made those myself.

Why is it called Type: Star Wars, Brand: Iron Man, and Character: Mickey Mouse??
  • edited March 2008
    The plush isn't bad but the item description is a tad pretentious... :rolleyes: I like that it's modified though, what we'd call a "custom". I've made those myself.

Why is it called Type: Star Wars, Brand: Iron Man, and Character: Mickey Mouse??

They've covered themselves by the use of probably, because I'm pretty sure it isn't:
    "Up for bid is probably the first Max plush ever sold"

Plus they even spent extra money on bold title and a caption/sub-header in search results, as well as extra pictures. I'd be suprised if they break even.
  • edited March 2008
    Signed, and awsome max Sybil!
  • edited April 2008
    /sign

Can I also request larger apparel? I need 2-3X shirts (I'm actually a billboard!)
  • edited April 2008
    Please, please, please make a Max plush! It's a dream to have Max to cuddle when I sleep :)
  • edited April 2008
    I would say: "I want those fuzzy little sweethearts!", but im living in germany.. so it would get a bit expensive in my case.
  • edited April 2008
    oh come on, testdas, we'll just make a large collective order from all over germany... sure we'll find some more germans... wie dich und mich ;)
  • edited April 2008
    This is on eBay:

"Materials: Evil, Polyester, Acrylics" ...

Wait, aren't those first two the same thing? :p
  • edited April 2008
    "Materials: Evil, Polyester, Acrylics" ...

Wait, aren't those first two the same thing? :p
    No, you're thinking of spandex.
  • edited April 2008
    just so long as the plush is fireproof and soft (and preferably white), they can make it out of anything
  • edited April 2008
    Even out of albino chinchillas?
  • edited April 2008
    i'm not a chinchilla, so it makes no difference to me.
  • edited April 2008
    Must. Have. Stuffies!
  • edited April 2008
    delimew wrote: »
    i'm not a chinchilla, so it makes no difference to me.
    ...but maybe you know some.
  • edited April 2008
    From the response here, plush toys would sell like the 'proverbial hot cakes'. I hope someone out there decides to make our dream a reality!
  • edited April 2008
    I really need Max and one of those bears as a plush toy... or Agent Superball as a speaking one "I'm not really here so you can safely ignore me", "I'm agent Superball, I'm a bouncer, secret service humor" :eek:
  • edited April 2008
    Sam & Max plush toys would have a home here too.
  • edited April 2008
    Sure i'll take two
  • edited April 2008
    bump
  • edited April 2008
    I wish I had the skills to make something like that. I barely managed to make the paper bag max puppet from StH
  • edited April 2008
    I made that! However, glue has a way of wearing off after so much time. Fortunately, I have a thing of Scotch Tape to keep the features on the bag.
  • edited April 2008
    DocS wrote: »
    oh come on, testdas, we'll just make a large collective order from all over germany... sure we'll find some more germans... wie dich und mich ;)

Just contact me (or I will contact you) when they´ll be available.

I hope they will built up a good relationship with my other plsuh toys (like Pink Panther, Inspector Clouseau and the 21 year old teddy of my wife).
Sign in to comment in this discussion.