Petition: Sam & Max Plush Toys

Comments

• edited April 2008
    When I pine for a Sam & Max doll, I too break out the paper bag puppet. Glad to see I'm not the only one who made it.

I did once make my own plushie - when I was really into Invader Zim I somehow crafted a Gir plushie, which I'm still proud of considering that Gir's physiology seems physically improbable. I'd do the same thing with Max, but there's no fuzzy white fabric anywhere around here... and yes, he MUST be fuzzy. No cut-up old-massive-scratchy-white camp t-shirt lagamorph plushies for me.
  • edited April 2008
    Speaking of paper bags, I really want to make my big Max a paper bag space helmet for Comic-Con...the problem is finding an unprinted brown bag. :P I'd rather not have him wear a Trader Joe's bag...I'm either going to have to just make one from brown paper or paint over a printed one. :rolleyes:
  • edited April 2008
    Speaking of paper bags, I really want to make my big Max a paper bag space helmet for Comic-Con...the problem is finding an unprinted brown bag. :P I'd rather not have him wear a Trader Joe's bag...I'm either going to have to just make one from brown paper or paint over a printed one. :rolleyes:

Most Post Offices around here have large rolls of brown paper for wrapping things with. You could try get hold of that and a lot of tape.

Don't forget a spare!:p
  • edited April 2008
    I want a Max plushie with real Garfield fur!
  • edited April 2008
    I want a Max plushie with real Garfield fur!

That would be forever stuck in my car window if I had a car! :D Also I just remembered that I want a genuine S&M smuggled lacquered frog band. Maybe that's what the metal pinata was stuffed with in 204.
  • edited April 2008
    /re-sign.

Hurry up TTG/Steve! We needs moar plush!
  • edited April 2008
    As much as I wish it weren't so, TellTale is a gaming company and therefore not a plushie manufacturing facility. Don't be expecting them to make any soon, if ever.
  • edited April 2008
    I don't think that's true. We're not a book publisher either, but that didn't stop us :)
  • edited April 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    I don't think that's true. We're not a book publisher either, but that didn't stop us :)
    You heard Tobacco! Get ready- they'll be announcing them any time now. Don't expect them to admit it, though. They're wily. Wily like a fox. Or a coyote. Grizzly bear? Nah.
  • edited April 2008
    TrogLlama wrote: »
    You heard Jake! Get ready- they'll be announcing them any time now. Don't expect them to admit it, though. They're wily. Wily like a fox. Or a coyote. Grizzly bear? Nah.

Well, I'm not Jake, but...
  • edited April 2008
    Signed.
  • edited April 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    Well, I'm not Jake, but...
    Yeah, well, it's like 1:30 AM here, and I'm not thinking straight. Or typing straight.
  • edited April 2008
    Yeah, there's a couple of stuffie houses out there that do manufacturing for comics/comics related merchandising. My friends Mel and James who do Two Lumps got stuffies made, and they're a teeny little (hysterically funny) comix team.

When I was publishing comics back in the early 90's we got approached by a lot of toy houses when we did shows like San Diego and Dragon, but all of out titles were "mature audience", and comic retailers were already catching flack at that period for carrying books like ours, (the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund had to defend a retailer for selling one of my books) and we didn't have any iconic characters like Sam and Max, so it wouldn't have made any real business sense.

But Sam and Max are iconic, they have a pretty big fan base, and it sure seems like there's enough of us willing to pony up (heck, I'll preorder), that Telltale could meet the minimums for most of the toy houses that do this sort of merchandising.

(I'm voting for a Desoto with the characters in)
  • edited April 2008
    I would buy two plush toys: Max & "Torture me Elmer".
  • edited April 2008
    Winifred wrote: »

(I'm voting for a Desoto with the characters in)

The only way I would buy one of those is if it was dye cast. Preferibly the 12 inch kind that they sell at NASCAR conventions.
  • edited April 2008
    My daughter and I would literally chew our own limbs off for Sam and Max Plushies :p Bring forth the plush toys and let us bask in their wholsome goodness.
  • edited April 2008
    The H*R figurines are in the store for $15 now, that would be nice to have the same thing of S&M. I can live without a Max plushie if i can get all the major S&M character figurines :)
  • edited April 2008
    Only if they have guns! I demand guns! (for Max atleast)
  • edited April 2008
    I would spend cash for a plush Sam & Max, and would love to see Sam & Max's car the DeSoto with little figures.
  • edited April 2008
    I would love Sam & Max plushies!
  • edited April 2008
    I'd very much like Sam and Max plushies.
  • edited April 2008
    Looks like there's more...

eBay
  • edited April 2008
    (didn't read the pages above, sry)

YES! I want to see S+M plushies, with max's secret pocket where he keeps his luger! (and heck have sam have his gun in it's holster too, but max's funnier!)

I'd like to see some S+M merchandise with unique uses too... no I dont mean naughty adult uses, get your head out of the gutter... I remember, for isntance from a notehr series, a certain empty-headed robot character (who was the "servant" of his inept alien master wanting to take over the world) that had a merchandice made where his head was a cookie jar. That kind of thing, unusual yet somehow logical in the scheme of the series.

On original topic, Yes! I want a set for home and another smaller set to put in my car window(s)!
  • edited April 2008
    signed!
  • JaiJai
    edited April 2008
    I want a Max plush that turns inside-out, like a Popple! No reason.
  • edited April 2008
    I'd rather not see what Max's insides look like. Could be truamatizing.
  • edited April 2008
    I want life size talking plushies of sam and max also read my post
  • edited May 2008
    I Want Plush Toys, Now.
  • edited May 2008
    SO SIGNED!!!
    I would love to have a set of Sam & Max plush characters!
  • edited May 2008
    I wonder if I got S&M plushes whether they would be friends with my Pinky and the Brain.
  • edited May 2008
    signed.

As long as they make a Bosco / Boscow one too :P
  • edited May 2008
    Yes, a Bosco with strap-on cow body! Life size! That would be a conversation starter.
  • edited May 2008
    They should do a toy Desoto too, maybe even into a scaletrix (sp?)!
  • edited May 2008
    I think the toy desoto wouldn't go well in plush...

Though I love the idea of a bosco with a strap-on boscow outfit. (though my favorite was mamma bosco + superball, "wow he's so polite even when he's chewing you out, it's creepy!" lol
  • edited May 2008
    I didn't mean it as a plush, just a toy car
  • edited May 2008
    Ashton wrote: »
    I think the toy desoto wouldn't go well in plush...

Though I love the idea of a bosco with a strap-on boscow outfit. (though my favorite was mamma bosco + superball, "wow he's so polite even when he's chewing you out, it's creepy!" lol

And of course, removable clothes.
    "I'm naked!"
  • edited May 2008
    If this petition reaches 1 million signatures, I will give everyone free chewing gum!

(congrats to anyone who gets the reference)
  • edited May 2008
    Oh my gosh, I haven't been here in aaages.

Uhm, yes, I agree. Plush toys FTW.
  • edited May 2008
    I really want a torture me Elmer doll now!
  • edited May 2008
    Why can't this thread just die already.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.