Petition: Sam & Max Plush Toys

Comments

• edited January 2008
    I would pre-purchase these! I say yes!
  • edited January 2008
    Most of the Telltale staff would like Sam & Max toys as well. The problem is that I'm not sure their company would have anything to do with that. Just as the Bone toys are manufactured by a different company, Sam & Max would probably have to do the same.

Well, hopefully the staff can show Purcell or whoever is in charge of marketing that there are seven pages worth of posts that have people wanting to buy the toys.
  • edited January 2008
    any company that doesn't want to make S&M plush toys deserves the full wrath of max!
  • edited January 2008
    Morlamweb wrote: »
    I get the feeling that most of the posters here would take to Sam & Max plush toys with the same eagerness that Max takes to wrapped Christmas presents.

I know I would. :D

*signs*
  • edited January 2008
    Living in Italy, I should pay an import tax of about 25€. Still, I want those plushies. But they must be big and soft so I can hug them (while Max plush bites my neck) :D
  • edited January 2008
    Make The Sam and Max plushes have lines from the games if you decide to make them! Example: The Max plushie would probubly say:
    That's it Noone quotes "Walk like an Egyptian" To me and lives! or Ah Parking Meters there like the cockroaches of architecture!
    Sam plushie would probubly say: Bosco your disguis its its hideous!
  • edited January 2008
    No, Max would probably say Touch me again and you're DEAD!
  • edited January 2008
    "DEATH FROM ABOVE!!!"

It's just what I've always wanted! *BOOOOM!* Thanks Geek!
  • edited January 2008
    Then I'd really be cute and marketable and sell over 60 million copies of myself to the adoring public! Maybe the Max plushies could have a hypnotism device in them, then it would be a Max Max Max Max Max Max World all over again!
  • edited January 2008
    Well, I want a Sam plushie...
  • edited January 2008
    I'd love to have plushies or toys of Sam, Max, Bosco (with various disguises you can mix and match like a Mr. Potato head!), Jimmy Two-Teeth, Timmy Two-Teeth (with a speech module so we can all enjoy his Tourette's-induced cussing), Chuckles (with or without his bear head), Abe Lincoln, Flint Paper, Myra Stump, the C.O.P.S., Brady Culture (who could forget him?), the Soda Poppers, Sybil Pandemick, the Shambling Corporate Presence, and Hugh Bliss (Hi! I'm not Hugh Bliss!).

Despite being deep in debt from my college education, I'd sell my internal organs just to have one, if not all of these lovable characters adorn my room!
  • edited January 2008
    I'll buy your internal organs, and remove them myself at no extra charge! Plus I'd probably have a lot of fun doing it too! *Nod nod*
  • edited January 2008
    I'd love to have plushies or toys of Sam, Max, Bosco (with various disguises you can mix and match like a Mr. Potato head!), Jimmy Two-Teeth, Timmy Two-Teeth (with a speech module so we can all enjoy his Tourette's-induced cussing), Chuckles (with or without his bear head), Abe Lincoln, Flint Paper, Myra Stump, the C.O.P.S., Brady Culture (who could forget him?), the Soda Poppers, Sybil Pandemick, the Shambling Corporate Presence, and Hugh Bliss (Hi! I'm not Hugh Bliss!).

Despite being deep in debt from my college education, I'd sell my internal organs just to have one, if not all of these lovable characters adorn my room!
    That is good!!! Sensors would be aproprite for little kids though
  • edited January 2008
    Anyone with the sketchbooks noted the Plush toy reference of ultimate goodness? ^_^
  • edited January 2008
    glenfx wrote: »
    Anyone with the sketchbooks noted the Plush toy reference of ultimate goodness? ^_^

I don't think they were plush toys so much as they were action figures. I like the Max-in-a-box, however.
  • edited January 2008
    hmm, action figures....
  • edited January 2008
    I would really like me some Sam and Max plush goodness...though action figures sound just as made of win.
  • edited January 2008
    ill give you a second chance (HAH you guys DIDNT read what was written on those sketchbooks now did you?) :D
  • edited January 2008
    there was text in the sketchbooks? if this is true then i probably did read it...but forgot about it..
  • edited January 2008
    lol I would buy both XD but make them big! like, a HUGE REAL-SIZE Max!
  • edited January 2008
    A life size plushie of Max would be awesome 0_0.

Or perhaps plushies of the two as kids :D

...I really don't care; I just want plushies of Sam and Max, regardless of size, to adorn my room LOL :p
  • edited January 2008
    Could they be electronic? So that when one speaks, the other replies to it? Sam asks an amusing, yet philosophical question, Max makes a nonsensical, hilarious and slightly disturbing come back and Sam says "you crack me up, little buddy".
  • edited January 2008
    Marduk wrote: »
    Could they be electronic? So that when one speaks, the other replies to it? Sam asks an amusing, yet philosophical question, Max makes a nonsensical, hilarious and slightly disturbing come back and Sam says "you crack me up, little buddy".

That would be truly marvelous! I'd shell out big bucks for that ^_^
  • edited January 2008
    Just as long as we don't have Teddy Ruxbin animatronic mouth movements.
  • edited January 2008
    I want also Max toy!
  • edited January 2008
    Actually trying to make my own (preferably which shouts "Death from above!" when squeezed, though that may be too advanced for me), but I would absolutely buy an official one if it existed.
  • edited January 2008
    Aradiel wrote: »
    Actually trying to make my own (preferably which shouts "Death from above!" when squeezed, though that may be too advanced for me), but I would absolutely buy an official one if it existed.

Go to Build-a-Bear and buy one of those Customized Voice Boxes. When you get one, you can record any audio you want and before they stuff it in the bear, they remove a protective plastic tab that prevents re-recording.

Then, all you need to do is gut the poor thing. :D
  • edited January 2008
    And don't forget to keep a bear that says "Give all your money to Ted.E.Bear!"
  • edited January 2008
    Zeek wrote: »
    Go to Build-a-Bear and buy one of those Customized Voice Boxes. When you get one, you can record any audio you want and before they stuff it in the bear, they remove a protective plastic tab that prevents re-recording.

Then, all you need to do is gut the poor thing. :D
    shouldn't there be a possibility to get one of those recording boxes separately? ..or do you enjoy to gut plush toys? :rolleyes:
  • edited January 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    shouldn't there be a possibility to get one of those recording boxes separately? ..or do you enjoy to gut plush toys? :rolleyes:
    OH, sure, take the fun out of it...

http://www.bearycheap.com/ezimerchant/prod2104.htm

Requires 3 AAA batteries, and will last however long their lifespan in in something like that.
  • edited January 2008
    sign me up for 30 magnetic Max plushes to decorate my locker with violent rabbit like things!!
  • edited February 2008
    Magnetism?
    Don't tell me you're one of THOSE rubes.
  • edited February 2008
    I would also buy a Max plush. Especially a big one.
  • edited February 2008
    This thread tears me in several little pieces.

First, let me say that as a naroow-minded individual, I believe plush toys are for girls and gays. However, I have nothing against gays, and most certainly not against girls. Still, wanting to own one - or two - will make me a bit queer, which I'm not, but not having one if they're for sale will feel wrong, just when it should feel right.

Wait, I've got it. Disregard the above. When they come out, I'll purchase them for my sister. Yeah, that's it.

On the other hand, having cute plushies on your bed might prove an advantage when you bring a girl to your place. Even if the bed is in a state of complete disarray, just like the rest of the house. Unless they prove TOO cute, which may cause a distraction on the girl's part, and no fun for the night quickly ensues.

What to do?

Ah, doggone it... just bring 'em in.

I need another Jack Daniel's...

Cheers!
  • edited February 2008
    I'm not gay, nor am a girl. I still want plushies, same with many other people that don't care about stereotypical media created words. Plushies are awesome especially when they are off your favorite characters (*cough*Companion Cube*cough). Its like collecting action figures, they are there to show your support and love.
  • edited February 2008
    The reason I don't think a plush Sam & Max will happen is because Steve would never consent to it. It would turn Max into a hello-kitty icon. I'm not 100% sure but I think Steve is against commercial whore-ism.

The Statue in production is a perfect Sam & Max paraphernalia. I wouldn't wanna see a Max plushie happen.
  • edited February 2008
    As a guy I would buy a small plush of Sam & Max no problem, however a large huggable plush of our gruesome twosome I would probably save for the (disturbed) kids and the ladies.
  • edited February 2008
    I would personally prefer a statue to a plushie. Statues allow for much more artistic detail, whereas plushies tend to look bloated and, well, not as detailed. However, those statues are going to be expensive. :(
    That said, I'd still buy a Max plushie. :)
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2008
    This thread tears me in several little pieces.

First, let me say that as a naroow-minded individual, I believe plush toys are for girls and gays. However, I have nothing against gays, and most certainly not against girls. Still, wanting to own one - or two - will make me a bit queer, which I'm not, but not having one if they're for sale will feel wrong, just when it should feel right.

Wait, I've got it. Disregard the above. When they come out, I'll purchase them for my sister. Yeah, that's it.

On the other hand, having cute plushies on your bed might prove an advantage when you bring a girl to your place. Even if the bed is in a state of complete disarray, just like the rest of the house. Unless they prove TOO cute, which may cause a distraction on the girl's part, and no fun for the night quickly ensues.

What to do?

Ah, doggone it... just bring 'em in.

I need another Jack Daniel's...

Cheers!

Maybe a plush Max will give you the self confidence to get over these issues you're grappling with so lamely.
  • edited February 2008
    signed

P.S.: If there would be a Max doll with a string at his back and if you pull the string it says "Death from above, death from above" ... a dream come true :)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.