sam and max surfin the highway.

Comments

• edited January 2008
    Are we there yet??
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2008
    The inside of the book, and the cover for the paperback version, have both been fully delivered to the printer! ***mystery step removed*** then the printing begins! Then weeks of waiting for proofs and printing and shipping and stuff, and then it exists and we'll be able to sell it. Not naming dates here, but, for instance, we'll be at WonderCon.
  • edited January 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    The inside of the book, and the cover for the paperback version, have both been fully delivered to the printer! ***mystery step removed*** then the printing begins! Then weeks of waiting for proofs and printing and shipping and stuff, and then it exists and we'll be able to sell it. Not naming dates here, but, for instance, we'll be at WonderCon.
    Since when is there a ***mystery step***?
    I know people were ***something of mystery***, but I didn't realize it was actually ***mysterious***.
  • edited January 2008
    Just don't sell them all at con's before we get a chance :P
  • edited January 2008
    I was hoping it would be out now, but it isn't. It didn't come in time for my birthday! :(

*Notes that a mariachi suddenly appears and starts dancing*
    edited January 2008
    They're printing the book right now, if that's any consolation? I got sent a final printout of the cover, taken off the press, and it looks very nice.
  • edited January 2008
    *Pants become moist*

MORE BABY! MORE!

Sorry. That tends to happen sometimes. I think I need a doctor
  • edited January 2008
    Will this be a limited print like the "Sketchbook" was?
  • edited January 2008
    yeah how many copies will be available in this printing run?
  • edited January 2008
    *Pants become moist*
    yeah, mine too..no, wait...hot hot...:eek:...damn coffee.

anyway, jake, did you get any information how long the printing will take? it has some colour pages and some effects on the cover, so i guess, it won't be ready this month..
    edited January 2008
    Hero1 wrote: »
    yeah how many copies will be available in this printing run?

A lot? I don't know the exact number, or even an estimate, but in addition to being for sale at the Telltale website store, it should start showing up at retail in comic shops (at least in the US, to start), as well as online retailers like Amazon. So, you know, it's a "real" printing. :)
  • edited January 2008
    kool i'm gonna order plenty and give them as gifts..make a few more sam & max fans for the world.. i've always wanted to give surfin the highway to people but could never part with my copy since its so rare and i've kept it in good condition so it will be a nice surprise for these people
  • edited January 2008
    A lot? I don't know the exact number, or even an estimate, but in addition to being for sale at the Telltale website store, it should start showing up at retail in comic shops (at least in the US, to start), as well as online retailers like Amazon. So, you know, it's a "real" printing. :)

For some reason that makes me even more excited for this to come out :p.

*begins to reflect upon the quote in her signature while slightly twitching*
  • edited January 2008
    I've just stumbled over issue #2 of LucasArts' "The Adventurer", which sported the "Max Eats Hitler"-strip... is that one going to be included in StH? Usually Hitler-stuff is the first to get cut...
  • edited January 2008
    Nothing was cut. That one's in there.
  • edited January 2008
    Nice :)
  • edited January 2008
    *Mouth foams*

Stop it! All this pleasure is effecting me!;)
  • edited January 2008
    Two please!

EDIT
    Woohoo!! "All the published Sam & Max comics to date."
    edited January 2008
    *Mouth foams*

Stop it! All this pleasure is effecting me!;)

What? Stop what?

surfin_coverproof.jpg
    Above: This is a print of the new cover straight off the press. It's missing some details like embossing, and spot varnish on some elements, but that should give you a good idea of what you should look for in stores!
    edited January 2008
    Two please!

EDIT
    Woohoo!! "All the published Sam & Max comics to date."

Before anyone jumps to conclusion: The book doesn't include the Telltale webcomic, or the unfinished one about Max getting shot... Neither of those are technically finished, so yeah. :)

It does include the last 3 or 4 comics from The Adventurer, as well as Kids Take Over, that Halloween comic where they kick a vampire in the face, and Sam & Max Skeptical Investigators, as well as a few new cover paintings and one-page promo comics. Also Fair Wind to Java appears in color in this version, using Steve's original painted color guides instead of the suspect 80s color used in the old "Epic Color Collection" compilation. There are, at final count, in addition to the colorized Fair Wind to Java, around 25-30 new pages of material, as well as a new intro/authors note by Steve.
  • edited January 2008
    Dear God I'm Having A Stroke! Someone Call 911!
  • edited January 2008
    Is that comic that has Bill Tiller as a villain also in it?
  • edited January 2008
    Sweeeeet.........I want that badge on the backcover!
    edited January 2008
    Haggis wrote: »
    Is that comic that has Bill Tiller as a villain also in it?

Yeah the one where Max gets shot -- again, that comic is still unfinished and therefore isn't in the book (though it is alluded to) -- is the one that features Bill Tiller among other LucasArts-type guys as some sort of drug smugglers.
  • edited January 2008
    It would be great if Steve had time to finish that comic.. Anyway new stuff I haven't seen.. I'm excited! :)
  • edited January 2008
    So can we safely say... February for a release?
    edited January 2008
    We'll be talking more about Surfin the Highway in the next couple weeks, but yeah I'd say that would be a safe bet.
  • edited January 2008
    :eek:

*Considers relocating birthday to February*
  • edited January 2008
    I recommend it! It's a fine month for birthdays.
  • edited January 2008
    Cover looks amazing, and you've managed to keep the cost under $20 (looks like $18.99), great work!

Now, how much for the hardcover? ;)
    edited January 2008
    if you look closer you'll see you're off by a dollar, but yeah, sweet
  • edited January 2008
    The 1995 edition has sure lost value since the announcement of the new updated version.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Sam-Max-Collected-Series_W0QQitemZ170188809107QQihZ007QQcategoryZ3952QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I know this version is beat up, and the auction has over a day left, but if this was listed a year ago the price would surely be up to at least $75.

The same goes with the animated series VHS tapes.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Adventures-of-Sam-Max-VHS-SEALED-MINT_W0QQitemZ150210777413QQihZ005QQcategoryZ309QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
    All three... brand new. Can't see that going very high. I'm sure some people might want them for collection purposes (myself included) but I already have the Y-files and I think that's enough for me. After all it's the nicest looking one!
  • edited January 2008
    Instead of relocating my birthday, I'll have two in one year, but will have to call it something else or I'll be old.

I think buying 2 is a capital idea, that way I'll have 1 to read and 1 to lend (should have done that with Firefly).
  • edited January 2008
    Above: This is a print of the new cover straight off the press. It's missing some details like embossing, and spot varnish on some elements, but that should give you a good idea of what you should look for in stores!
    is is going to be so awesome...i mean totallly. can't wait to get the finished thing and if the prizes for the old one are really dropping, i might get that one as well....and of course the limited hardcover edition, should one be made. just tell me when to send you my money...

p.s.: yes, i know totallly is written with 3 l, but that makes it even more...i don't know...better.
  • edited January 2008
    I really want a hardcover
  • edited January 2008
    I'm thinking hardcover too...

I have some webcomic collections in paperback, some in hardcover, plus Absolute Sandman 1 & 2 in their very hard cover/box huge size... and the hardcovers are so much easier to keep in pristine condition
  • edited January 2008
    Wear and tear give books character :)
  • edited January 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    I recommend it! It's a fine month for birthdays.

Sure is! I would know, mine's on the 21st! :D
  • edited January 2008
    Quuux wrote: »
    Instead of relocating my birthday, I'll have two in one year, but will have to call it something else or I'll be old.

Now statistics prove
    Prove that you've one birthday
    Imagine just one birthday every year
    Ah, but there are 364 unbirthdays
    Precisely why we're gathered here to cheer!
  • edited January 2008
    Damn, I'm not sure I'll be able to sleep tonight. Too much excitement... and beer, but the excitement's the main one.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.