sam and max surfin the highway.

124»

Comments

• edited February 2008
    The original book is down to just around $100 or less on ebay now. (On average)
    And that's the paperback version. Not sure about how much the original hardcover is worth.
  • FWZFWZ
    edited February 2008
    xChri5x wrote: »
    The original book is down to just around $100 or less on ebay now. (On average)
    And that's the paperback version. Not sure about how much the original hardcover is worth.

http://cgi.ebay.com/The-Collected-Sam-Max-by-Lawrence-Deneault-Steve_W0QQitemZ260208093353QQihZ016QQcategoryZ377QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
    This guy sells the paperback version for $65, and he got 24 of them :)
  • edited February 2008
    Hero1 wrote: »
    its been out of print for 13 years..its been going for 500 dollars on ebay..who cares about a contest buy the damn thing
    Eeek! I feel so young! :D
  • edited February 2008
    By any chance will this book (either/or the paperback or hardcover) hit say, Barnes and Noble? I frequently get 40% off coupons for them, and it'd be a great way to save money, especially on the hardcover.

Otherwise, I suppose I could grab one at WonderCon if they're available there.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2008
    The paperback will be at our booth (643) at WonderCon, and on Sunday at noon Steve will be there signing, so that's when you should come. :D

There's a chance the paperbacks may go into bookstores at some point, but it's not something we have immediate plans for. The hardcover will always be a Telltale exclusive.
  • YitYit
    edited February 2008
    By any chance will this book (either/or the paperback or hardcover) hit say, Barnes and Noble? I frequently get 40% off coupons for them, and it'd be a great way to save money, especially on the hardcover.

Otherwise, I suppose I could grab one at WonderCon if they're available there.

Why not both? Then buy a copy from the online store. Keep one copy in a safe place is in a vacuum-pack bag, one to enjoy, and one to hand down for generations. It's a family heirloom!
  • edited February 2008
    I wasn't even sure Steve would be at WonderCon this year...Unfortunately we currently plan to only go on Saturday. We can't afford a hotel and its a long-ish drive from Sacramento. :P Poop. Well I'll talk to my brother and see what he wants to do. Thanks for the info. ;)
    edited February 2008
    Well, you can still come by and get a book on Saturday. :)
  • edited February 2008
    We will gladly tell you that Nick is Steve, and have him sign it, if you like ;)
  • edited February 2008
    Lol. ;) Well we are looking at going on Sunday, our only worry is something about parking being extra wonky down there on Sundays. My brother heard something about that. I dunno. We're going to look into the parking situation soon.

In any case, yeah I'd still like him to sign my old ghetto Surfin'. Also I am bringing a toy, if I can get it done in time. :D Hope it doesn't scare too many people. ;)
  • edited February 2008
    I don't see why it would be any worse on Sunday than usual. The 5th and Mission garage can absorb an amazing amount of people, so that's probably your best bet.
  • edited February 2008
    What my brother heard had something to do with some streets in that area that are normally two-way turning into one-way streets. Just on Sundays. Its possible, SF is weird. ;) But I dunno. Hopefully we won't get horribly lost.
  • edited February 2008
    That's not anything I've ever seen happen downtown. They close parts of golden gate park on Sundays, but that shouldn't affect anything downtown.
  • edited February 2008
    Well in any case like I said, we'll make sure we've got all the directions and parking info sorted out by that weekend. :)
  • edited February 2008
    Yeah, I wouldn't bet everything on the 5th & Mission garage and the Moscone area being easily navigable that week. When they had that big Oracle convention at the Metreon, there were big sections of road blocked off, and the entire area was a nightmare.

I imagine that having GDC and WonderCon overlapping this year won't be good for traffic.
  • MelMel
    edited February 2008
    You could always drive into Pleasanton or another city close by and take BART in (I've done that in the past coming from Davis).
  • edited February 2008
    That's not a bad suggestion. It'll take you a little longer, but between gas and parking and bridge toll, it'll be cheaper and less stressful. Parking's free at most BART stations.
  • edited February 2008
    Lol if we took BART I might have to pay extra for the big prop I'll be carrying...

Hey, will the Street Poster Print be available for sale at WC? I don't have that one yet.
  • edited February 2008
    Ive learned to deal with SF's driving, its now the parking ive got problems with :P
    That and hotels,.. why 12am steve whyyyyyyy.(leaving my house at 7am to get to sf in time for the con that day)

wish I could afford to spend the night over..

and all my friends live in la or sd (la, talk about driving, ahhhhhhh ruuun)
    edited February 2008
    Hey, will the Street Poster Print be available for sale at WC? I don't have that one yet.

Yep. All the Sam & Max merchandise currently in the store will be for sale at our booth... plus a sneak peek at the animated series DVD!
  • edited February 2008
    Kaldire wrote: »
    Ive learned to deal with SF's driving, its now the parking ive got problems with :P
    That and hotels,.. why 12am steve whyyyyyyy.(leaving my house at 7am to get to sf in time for the con that day)

wish I could afford to spend the night over..

and all my friends live in la or sd (la, talk about driving, ahhhhhhh ruuun)

We're coming from Sac too. But its better than July when we have to drive 10 hours to get to CCI. :P

(I know you dounno if I'm like a homicidal maniac or anything, but if you want to carpool to WC let me know. We have room for 2 more right now. Of course it means having to leave even earlier to get organised, lol. And we're still looking at taking BART at least part of the way though so I don't know if you'd want to do that.)
    Emily wrote: »
    Yep. All the Sam & Max merchandise currently in the store will be for sale at our booth... plus a sneak peek at the animated series DVD!

Thank youuuuuu! :D
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2008
    it's on Amazon now, if you'd like.
  • edited February 2008
    I see what you did there :p
  • edited February 2008
    And now my guide on amazon is complete... for now...
  • edited February 2008
    It came!! It finally came! This unique collection of comic genius! Thank you, Telltale!

*flip flip flip*

*snicker*

*chuckle*

tee hee
  • edited March 2008
    Still waiting...
    : (
  • edited March 2008
    Go watch the Sam & Max DVD set or play through all the episodes of Season 1 at one episode a week. That should help some.
  • edited March 2008
    but... what if it never arrives?
  • edited March 2008
    ...order a second one? no, you will get it sooner or later. it is probably just delayed a bit because the customs officer responsible hasn't finished reading yet...:D
Sign in to comment in this discussion.