sam and max surfin the highway.

Comments

• edited February 2008
    meelWORM wrote: »
    Cover looks amazing, and you've managed to keep the cost under $20 (looks like $18.99), great work!

Now, how much for the hardcover? ;)

I'll get it for free, na-na-na-na-na-na!! :D:D:D
  • edited February 2008
    .... ok? free 20$.... where do I worship you again, church of impetuous one upping?
    As for the book, I hope it will be available when I get to san fran for the wondercon, I dont have anything in my collection not already signed and well, it would be nice to get something there other than my buttocks that steve could sign!
    Where is that church... I think I just joined :P
  • edited February 2008
    I believe he gets it's signed too
  • edited February 2008
    How does one from Croatia get a free hardback signed? lol im soo lost. Anyway sign me up for that list hehe.
    I just hope there is no cameras at the wondercon.. im not photogenic and I tend to get super nervous in front of tons of cams.
    Doh..
  • edited February 2008
    Kaldire wrote: »
    How does one from Croatia get a free hardback signed?
    I think it was because of that photo he sent in of his dog dressed as Sam, for the Halloween contest.
  • edited February 2008
    oh yea! that was him?! ooorrah! haha that was great
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2008
    (The contest winners will get paperback copies. And I don't think we said they'd be signed, but there's a pretty good chance that can be arranged. ;))
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2008
    hoo.jpg
  • edited February 2008
    What in the world? Looks like a gorilla chest high reading a copy of the book.
  • edited February 2008
    Part of Max's nose and mouth?
  • edited February 2008
    *after examining it closer*

Damn...was hoping it had some kind of hidden message that related to the release date :(
  • edited February 2008
    I thought it might be Max's mouth as well but as we all know, whenever Max closes his mouth it disappears. Right? Huh? Right?
  • edited February 2008
    It could be open with his teeth showing.
  • edited February 2008
    Not sure if anyone has noticed yet, but it's available for preorder on the Telltale store now.
  • edited February 2008
    I totally just said that :p
  • FWZFWZ
    edited February 2008
    tabacco wrote: »

Just did, both a paperback and the limited edition :D
  • edited February 2008
    WOOO! Now I need to find some money...

I see there's highway surfing prints up too. Might have to get one of them too. :D
  • Pixel 2.0Pixel 2.0 Banned
    edited February 2008
    Hi !
    Finally i can purchase Surfin' the highway !
    I'm french, so i have just wanted to know if they are an additional cost for shipping or for something else ?
    Thanks for answers

(I prepare my credit card :) )
  • edited February 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    I totally just said that :p

I was in class when I found out and it was all I could do not to jump up on the table and do the Max dance.

As it took a bit to calm myself, my response was slightly delayed. :D

BTW, if I purchase this directly from TellTale will they make more money than if I were to wait and purchase it from Amazon?
  • FWZFWZ
    edited February 2008
    Pixel 2.0 wrote: »
    Hi !
    Finally i can purchase Surfin' the highway !
    I'm french, so i have just wanted to know if they are an additional cost for shipping or for something else ?
    Thanks for answers

(I prepare my credit card :) )

i think shipping to europe is about 10-15$
    edited February 2008
    thelonepig wrote: »
    BTW, if I purchase this directly from TellTale will they make more money than if I were to wait and purchase it from Amazon?

Probably! But what's important is that you get a copy however you can! Preferably 80 copies.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2008
    Shipping is based on weight, but it's a set amount for the first item and then goes up little by little. So there's a good chance that shipping will cost the same amount for just the book, or for the book plus one or two other things.

You get to see the shipping total on the last screen before checkout, so if you don't like it, you can just close the window and start over from the beginning...
  • edited February 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    Probably! But what's important is that you get a copy however you can! Preferably 80 copies.

I would get 80 hardbacks, but for some reason I'm lacking the necessary $4000. :D
  • edited February 2008

Thanks. I'm always up for supporting companies like Telltale, so I ordered direct. Just one for now, but I'm sure another will make its way in there a bit later!
  • edited February 2008
    thelonepig wrote: »
    Thanks. I'm always up for supporting companies like Telltale, so I ordered direct. Just one for now, but I'm sure another will make its way in there a bit later!

Yeah, I just placed an order for the softcover but will probably be putting one in for the hardcover later this month.
  • edited February 2008
    anyone know when the paperback would be available at amazon?
  • edited February 2008
    Hero1 wrote: »
    anyone know when the paperback would be available at amazon?

not sure but you should buy a book to read while you are waiting for it to happen... I hear they just re-released surfin the highway that would be pretty good to pass the time!
  • edited February 2008
    I ordered both the Paprback and Hardback. Seperate orders just because I want the Paperback ASAP. :D
  • edited February 2008
    mikew wrote: »
    not sure but you should buy a book to read while you are waiting for it to happen... I hear they just re-released surfin the highway that would be pretty good to pass the time!

well telltale orders have taken 6 weeks to deliver here..where as amazon only takes abt 8 or 9 days... soooo
    edited February 2008
    We'll definitely be listing/stocking the book at Amazon, but it's not something we've got started on yet.
  • edited February 2008
    ok kool
  • edited February 2008
    We'll definitely be listing/stocking the book at Amazon, but it's not something we've got started on yet.

*edits his "So you'd like to Get To Know The Freelance Police" article slightly* Gotta keep that thing updated, you know.
  • edited February 2008

Hardcover and paperback?
    edited February 2008
    Hardcover is a Telltale exclusive!
  • edited February 2008
    Hardcover is a Telltale exclusive!

As it should be! :D
  • jmmjmm
    edited February 2008
    Just wondering....
    How about a contest to get a Hardcover (or paperback for the runner up) book signed by Steve Purcell and Telltale staff (Starting with Jake :))

I know $50 + s/h is a bit too much to give away, so I think the best way is to exchange a regular book for the special signed version (Signed version s/h paid by Telltale) or better yet, instead of shipping the regular book, just ship the signed version instead (Of course this means the contest must finish before Telltale starts sending the books)
  • edited February 2008
    jmm wrote: »
    (Of course this means the contest must finish before Telltale starts sending the books)
    Not nessicarrily. They could just grab one book out of the warehouse, hold on to it in the office, and then have the contest for that book after the first batches have shipped to those of us that have ordered them.
  • edited February 2008
    its been out of print for 13 years..its been going for 500 dollars on ebay..who cares about a contest buy the damn thing
  • edited February 2008
    But contests are fun, especially the creative artsy-crafty kind that TTG does for Sam & Max.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.