"The Key Party" - New teaser by Telltale - it's Poker Night 2!

Comments

• edited March 2013
    If it's another poker game then I'll kill a kitten.
  • edited March 2013
    Nah, the poker fad's over. It'll be a beat-em up. Why not? Couldn't alienate any more of the old school fans could they?

Eh, I don't really believe that. I'm not that hyped about it to guess. I'll wait and see.
  • edited March 2013
    Might be the long-fabled Porker Night at the Invetory.
  • edited March 2013
    Actually, it was "Ivetory".

You got too many letters right there.
  • edited March 2013
    By my reckoning, he's missing one to get to the word he's trying to spell.
  • edited March 2013
    Actually, it was "Ivetory".

You got too many letters right there.

Ah, I forgot. :$ I hope they got you know who on board as a story consultant.
  • edited March 2013
    Voldemort would make a terrible creative director. I mean, the guy's got one trick up his sleeve: murder with magic.

Gets boring after awhile.
  • edited March 2013
    the guy's got one trick up his sleeve: murder with magic.
    You're sort of forgetting the immortality plot that took up seven books' worth of stories. Also that he can read minds. Also he talks to snakes.
  • edited March 2013
    The 12th Friday The 13th film still grossed 65 Million. Don't underestimate the world's tolerance for repetition.
  • edited March 2013
    I'm still waiting for the day Rock Paper Baccarat at the Inventory gets announced.
  • edited March 2013
    DAISHI wrote: »
    So Telltale's next game is about wife swapping.

Well, partner swopping at least.

Yes! Presumably we can swop, say, Luigi for Max, and have everybody's favourite hyperkinetic rabbity thing jumping around in the Mushroom Kingdom. Or the disappointed-it-never-happened original-Goldeneye port, only with 007 replaced with Sonic the Hedgehog.
  • edited March 2013
    Keying cars at the inventory! You try to see how many cars you can key before you get caught!
  • edited March 2013
    Maybe it is Murder at the Inventory. Such places like Hotels are ideal settings for that.

But seems like it is probably just a Poker Night 2.
    http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/poker-night-at-the-inventory-6189/new-tf2-items-hint-at-poker-night-at-the-inventory-1428516/
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited March 2013
    April 1st is a Monday. Monday = Mon + Key...

IT'S A NEW MONKEY ISLAND GAME

Where's puzzlebox with her jump to conclusion jpg when you need her?
  • edited March 2013
    Where's puzzlebox with her jump to conclusion jpg when you need her?

Maybe she isn't here because that .jpg isn't needed. It is all true. OMG!
  • edited March 2013
    Maybe the Portal character will be Cave Johnson.
    edited March 2013
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    Maybe she isn't here because that .jpg isn't needed. It is all true. OMG!

Is the sudden and unexpected change of your avatar an expression of your utmost hope for Telltale's new endeavour and the truth of Guru's theory?
    Maybe the Portal character will be Cave Johnson.

That guy don' take loosin' well.
    Tjibbbe wrote: »
    but this would be pretty much the perfect teaser for a Larry comeback.

sh-sh-sh. Don't say that name, you make the Walking Dead forums wake up.
  • edited March 2013
    Is the sudden and unexpected change of your avatar an expression of your utmost hope for Telltale's new endeavour and the truth of Guru's theory?
    No. It's music based yet again.
  • edited March 2013
    You're sort of forgetting the immortality plot that took up seven books' worth of stories. Also that he can read minds. Also he talks to snakes.

But he never puts that into his creative direction. It's always kill kill kill.
  • edited March 2013
    I'm curious about this!
    edited March 2013
    No. It's music based yet again.

I know, because I googled the title of your first picture in this thread. The coinkeydence still stands.
  • edited March 2013
    Those TF2 items really make me hopeful that finally, after all these long seconds of waiting since the thought occurred to me, I will get to see Ash interact with Handsome Jack. FINALLY.
  • edited March 2013
    K.E.Y. is obviously an acronym for Keep Entertaining Yeti, a clear reference to Sam & Max. So let's roll into Season 4! You'll see! :rolleyes:
  • edited March 2013
    Keys.
    A Party.
    An Empty Bowl.

What does it mean? How do all of these objects tie together?

I have no clue, I'm not Sherlock MacGyver, for Luna's sake.
  • edited March 2013
    It means we're all going home with someone else's spouse tonight.
  • edited March 2013
    As much as I'd also like to see something different, the TF2 items already all have "pn2" in their IDs.

That's how I found out about this too, but keep in mind these were filenames from over a week before the teaser came out.
    Even if it was Murder at the Inventory, and it did have a name set in stone, "pn2" seems like it would be the clearest way to refer to the group of files in-house, as opposed to something like "mnati" or "mn" or whatever.

Two more things I oughta point out:

There's only 5 or so items, and the teaser site says guests will start arriving on the 25th, 7 days before April 1st. It seems like the intent would be to introduce one guest per day, meaning there's still two missing.

There's also the matter of Brock Samson. It seems really bizarre to think Doc Hammer or Jackson Publick would ever hand over the writing for any of their characters to anybody outside the Astrobase.

I guess what I'm getting at is that although I agree the pn2 items are huge hints, I wouldn't quite bet my house on them.
  • edited March 2013
    wellgolly wrote: »
    There's only 5 or so items, and the teaser site says guests will start arriving on the 25th, 7 days before April 1st. It seems like the intent would be to introduce one guest per day, meaning there's still two missing.
    Or that they don't work on Weekends.:cool:
  • edited March 2013
    wellgolly wrote: »
    There's also the matter of Brock Samson. It seems really bizarre to think Doc Hammer or Jackson Publick would ever hand over the writing for any of their characters to anybody outside the Astrobase.

I assume that, like in the first Poker Night, the main writers all get together with the Telltale writers to write unique dialogue that fits the characters, or at least try to make it all work. It's the only reason Strong Bad, the Heavy and Tycho worked so well.
  • edited March 2013
    Or that they don't work on Weekends.:cool:

"Handsome Jack here. I will let you know that I can't make it to our poker night tonight. My Golden Pony gave a birth."
  • edited March 2013
    Clord wrote: »
    "Handsome Jack here. I will let you know that I can't make it to our poker night tonight. My Golden Pony gave a birth."

Ahem.

Butt Stallion is a diamond pony.
  • edited March 2013
    I keep thinking this thread is about Katy Perry.

Also, the page mentions a game reveal on April fools day. So, yeah.
  • edited March 2013
    No one would play an April fool by faking a Monkey Island game!
  • edited March 2013
    coolsome wrote: »

Nope.
  • edited March 2013
    coolsome wrote: »

What kind of sick, twisted bas-
    Jake wrote: »
    In 2002 a few friends and I, with LucasArts' blessing, and the help of Dominic Armato, unearthed "evidence" that Monkey Island 5 was in production. A handful of us now work at Telltale, and close listeners can hear some of the dialog from our old April Fools hoax in the script to Tales (re-recorded of course, and often spoken by different characters). So that all worked out pretty well, I think.
    Dmnkly wrote: »
    I think I'm going to hell for that one. It was meeeeean.

Oh.
  • edited March 2013
    First key is up and it looks like... some kind of car company logo.
    edited March 2013
    First key is up and it looks like... some kind of car company logo.

FUCK THE SHIT CRAP COOL STUFF. [highlight]That's a DeSoto car key.[/highlight]

I say Telltale racer!!!!!
  • edited March 2013
    [highlight]That's a DeSoto car key.[/highlight]

I say Telltale racer!!!!!
    I would be genuinely hyped for that. Screw card games, let's go karting!
  • edited March 2013
    So... would the wife being swapped here be Sam or Max?
  • edited March 2013
    I dunno. Which one's generally considered the bitch?

:p
  • edited March 2013
    So... would the wife being swapped here be Sam or Max?

Max. He doesn't even like girls.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.