Play The Walking Dead with Telltale!

puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
edited June 2013 in The Walking Dead
The Walking Dead: 400 Days, the new DLC for Season One, is soon set to release in July... but because we just can't wait that long, we've lined up something SUPER special for next week!

Join us virtually here at Telltale HQ as we play through the entire first season of The Walking Dead on Twitch TV! Each day we'll have a different guest on site (think dev team and voice actors) to assist in surviving the undead hordes. You'll be able to chat with us in real time and help us make all the important life-or-death decisions, right on the spot. Be sure to tune in for some possible sneaky hints about 400 Days and Season Two, as well as a chance to win some of our awesome giveaway goodies!

Episodes will begin at 12pm noon PDT each day on the Telltale Games Twitch channel.
  • Monday, June 24 – Episode 1: A New Day
    Guests include Lead Sound Designer Lazar Levine & Composer Jared Emerson-Johnson
    Watch the archived video here

• Tuesday, June 25 – Episode 2: Starved for Help
    Guests include Episode Two writer Mark Darin & actor Terry McGovern, aka LARRY

• Wednesday, June 26 – Episode 3: Long Road Ahead
    Guests include Episode Three Director Eric Parsons, Designer Harrison Pink & actor Gavin Hammon, aka KENNY

• Thursday, June 27 – Episode 4: Around Every Corner
    Guests include writer and story consultant, Gary Whitta & actor Trevor Hoffmann, aka BEN

• Friday, June 28 – Episode 5: No Time Left
    Guests include actors Dave Fennoy and Melissa Hutchison, aka LEE and CLEMENTINE!

We'll be live in the chat room and on Twitter (@telltalegames) answering your questions and giving away lots of free stuff, including limited-edition swag and download codes for Season One of the series to get you ready for 400 Days before it launches next month.

Can't WAIT to share all this with you guys!

Comments

• edited June 2013
    Haha I gotta remember this; I just wanna watch! Just to see how the makers and co. play about their own game. Sounds interesting!
  • edited June 2013
    Great, I'll definitely be watching some of these.
  • edited June 2013
    This sounds awesome likely won't be able to watch but this sounds sweet! :)
  • edited June 2013
    gmt time ? ;)
  • edited June 2013
    Hope they'll be recorded.
    I'm really busy next week.
  • edited June 2013
    gmt time ? ;)

I think it's 8pm.
  • edited June 2013
    Hope they'll be recorded.
    I'm really busy next week.

Every twitch Twitch TV stream is recorded then it goes into the videos category where you can see the entire stream again

BTW can someone translate that to portuguese time :p
  • edited June 2013
    I'll definitely be there! :)
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2013
    The World Clock Meeting Planner is a great little tool for figuring out how times translate from one location to another. You just enter the date, San Francisco (for Telltale), and the city that's closest to you.

So...
    gmt time ? ;)

8pm London
    Tomi021 wrote: »
    BTW can someone translate that to portuguese time :p

8pm Lisbon
  • edited June 2013
    cheers i will attempt to catch it..

meow..

right erm where was i ?

oh yer

Are the 'giveaways' twitter only ?
  • edited June 2013
    Heh, sounds fun, but I foresee the live chat getting violent over a few of the decisions.
  • edited June 2013
    Mikejames wrote: »
    Heh, sounds fun, but I foresee the live chat getting violent over a few of the decisions.

Sounds likely, but there will probably be moderators in the chat to help combat those types of situations. I'm guessing slow mode will be used if too many people are there anyway.
  • edited June 2013
    Oh dear... 5am for me :p
  • edited June 2013
    Cool thing, I'll be watching :D
  • edited June 2013
    Wait, limited edition swag...does that mean merchandise??

Because if so, I will simply lose my mind (and ready a large sum of money to scavenge the stuff off of the lucky winners).
  • edited June 2013
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    The World Clock Meeting Planner is a great little tool for figuring out how times translate from one location to another. You just enter the date, San Francisco (for Telltale), and the city that's closest to you.

So...

8pm London

8pm Lisbon
    Thanks PB ;)

Probably not the best time for me since i normaly have dinner around that time but il watch as much as i can :D
  • edited June 2013
    Awesome !

You should really put other more usual timezones, like GMT, BST, PST (yes, I already see above, but I mean in main thread and website).
  • edited June 2013
    Awesome! Will watch!
  • edited June 2013
    Are the giveaways only for twitter? what if we don't have a twitter :(
  • edited June 2013
    Are the giveaways only for twitter? what if we don't have a twitter :(

You get it! And follow me! ;D Same username there as here! :D
  • edited June 2013
    I don't think I will be able to catch you guys live (3 AM here). So could a lovely fan please record or you guys personally. I want to see Clementine play :(. It would really make my day.
  • edited June 2013
    Can someone please answer if the giveaways are only for twitter?
  • edited June 2013
    CaveRave wrote: »
    I don't think I will be able to catch you guys live (3 AM here). So could a lovely fan please record or you guys personally. I want to see Clementine play :(. It would really make my day.
    Every twitch stream becomes available to watch as a video when the stream ends ;)
  • edited June 2013
    Cool, cant wait to see what choices and comments you guys make. Hopefully this will distract me from the long wait till 400 days :P
  • edited June 2013
    Definitely won't be able to watch this live :(
  • edited June 2013
    Wrighty wrote: »
    Cool, cant wait to see what choices and comments you guys make. Hopefully this will distract me from the long wait till 400 days :P

Exactly as I was thinking.
  • edited June 2013
    i think they should go silent lee :P

other wise it could just descend in to 'asshole' territory cos we know deep down we all like to be an asshole ;)

it'll be interesting to see the result
  • edited June 2013
    I'll try and catch some of it,it could spoil all the game for me :D
  • edited June 2013
    will you spoil TWD 400 days if so im afraid i wont watch
  • MarkDarinMarkDarin Former Telltale Staff
    edited June 2013
    will you spoil TWD 400 days if so im afraid i wont watch

No 400 Days spoilers!
    Just Season 1 spoilers... obviously! ;)
  • edited June 2013
    Stream just ended BTW was that puzzlebox in the midle ?
    edited June 2013
    Stream just ended BTW was that puzzlebox in the midle ?

Yup!
  • edited June 2013
    It was a lot of fun, it was great to see Doug saved 'cos I haven't personally seen the dialogue choices for Doug. It'd be nice to see at least most of the choices be against the grain. I'll have to miss tomorrow's stream 'cos I have work though :(

And also I want one of those Clem hats so badly.
    edited June 2013
    Big thanks to everyone who stopped by for our first session. We had fun!
  • edited June 2013
    Please introduce controllers :P
  • edited June 2013
    I know it sounds stupid,but i haven't played the game (really can't afford spending money on games for the time being).I've watched a lot of playthroughs on youtube and really love it.

Could someone answer this:If you give more codes for the game and i manage to write the code down (which i doubt because i'm too slow but hope dies last),how exactly should i use it?I've never purchased anything from Steam.I just registered.Where do you enter the code?Do you need to be an active customer on Steam to do someting like that?

In almost all the playthroughs i've watched everyone saves Carley and i feel sorry for poor Doug.It's really frustrating not being able to play the game and save him.So...THANK YOU so much for saving Doug today.I didn't see it coming. :)
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited June 2013
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    Yup!

Will you be there in the middle all week?
  • edited June 2013
    anna2777 wrote: »
    I know it sounds stupid,but i haven't played the game (really can't afford spending money on games for the time being).I've watched a lot of playthroughs on youtube and really love it.

Could someone answer this:If you give more codes for the game and i manage to write the code down (which i doubt because i'm too slow but hope dies last),how exactly should i use it?I've never purchased anything from Steam.I just registered.Where do you enter the code?Do you need to be an active customer on Steam to do someting like that?

In almost all the playthroughs i've watched everyone saves Carley and i feel sorry for poor Doug.It's really frustrating not being able to play the game and save him.So...THANK YOU so much for saving Doug today.I didn't see it coming. :)

In the main Steam window there should be a drop down at the top that says "games." Click it and it'll have an option called "activate a product on Steam."

Click "Next" and "I Agree," then type the code in the Product Code box and hit enter or "Next."

Fair warning to ya, the odds of being the first are incredibly small. People type them in lightning fast; I hit "enter" literally the second Laura finished reading one of the codes earlier and it was already done! Given how fast some of the ones today were read out, I'd advise having the Steam window at the very front, ready to type. It might increase the chances for ya.
    edited June 2013

We will definitely give away more codes!

When you're in Steam:
    • Go to + ADD A GAME (bottom left corner)
    • Select Activate a product on Steam
    • Click NEXT
    • Click I AGREE
    • Type in the code!

I'd just sit with that screen open and ready to enter the code. People are usually really fast.

EDIT: Totally ninja'd by FatTony there. Basically: yeah, what he said. :D

I think people on Twitter were voting for #TeamDOUG because it is definitely a lesser-seen path.
    Will you be there in the middle all week?

Yep! This is a really cool week for me. :)
  • edited June 2013

on the library there is an add game tab at the bottom that has non steam game, steam game, or browse shop. ttg is on steam so i reckon the steam game menu should work
This discussion has been closed.