Why are gamers(mostly guys) in love with Carley?

Comments

• edited July 2013
    That was interesting, one half of me felt bad for Nova, the other half was laughing at it, well now I feel like a asshole.
  • edited July 2013
    She wasn't my favorite character of the group, but I liked her well enough after her personality felt more consistent post-episode 1.

While you could tell that Lilly and Kenny had perpetuating strife that would inevitably put you on the fence between them, I guess you could say that the purpose of Carley and Doug's role was to make it feel like you had someone who supported you outside of the arguing.
    ZacTB wrote: »
    Has anyone seen this video about a reaction to Carley in 400 Days? It's brilliant:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrMZvBUsGrA

So funny. In case anyone asks or thinks so, he's not being serious.

Heh, Two Best Friend's reaction wins it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4XV6ZKeoig&t=21m15s
  • edited July 2013
    This is way off topic but did anyone notice when they were showing the billboard with the people there was a picture of a African American with Clementines hat, it had the D and everything, just wanted to say that.
  • edited July 2013
    That was interesting, one half of me felt bad for Nova, the other half was laughing at it, well now I feel like a asshole.

Wait he was being serious? Haha, I haven't actually seen any of his videos, I just thought that was pretty funny.
  • edited July 2013
    Mikejames wrote: »
    She wasn't my favorite character of the group, but I liked her well enough after her personality felt more consistent post-episode 1.

While you could tell that Lilly and Kenny had perpetuating strife that would inevitably put you on the fence between them, I guess you could say that the purpose of Carley and Doug's role was to make it feel like you had someone who supported you outside of the arguing.

Yeah that's good. I can't really remember my reaction, I actually think I did a half-hearted laugh, I was mainly surprised that Telltale went there. I was pretty horrified afterwards though, but Nate managed to lighten the tone quickly. I didn't expect it though, whilst walking up the road I figured that Telltale were just teasing us with that first zombie body and that this wasn't the rode she died on and when she was just lying there... jesus.
  • edited July 2013
    I thought it was from the trailers, when I saw it was not the walker Kenny killed I started thinking otherwise, when I did I became depressed, and took it out on Nate by telling him to Fuck himself, I mean how dare he insult one of my favorite characters, and Nova was serious, he cared about her the moment he met and freaked out so bad when she died I think he replayed five times to find a way, I think he cried about her death at a point.
  • edited July 2013
    Yeah that's good. I can't really remember my reaction, I actually think I did a half-hearted laugh, I was mainly surprised that Telltale went there. I was pretty horrified afterwards though, but Nate managed to lighten the tone quickly. I didn't expect it though, whilst walking up the road I figured that Telltale were just teasing us with that first zombie body and that this wasn't the rode she died on and when she was just lying there... jesus.

Shit man,When I saw Carley was lying there.I wanna always laugh!
    No a terrible!:
  • edited July 2013
    It was definitely not a nice moment to be that close. I don't know why I didn't expect Carley's corpse to look like that. I knew Russell was Day 184 and that Carley dies a long time ago but I still didn't think she would be rotting like that, not sure why. Definitely a sour end to Carley/Doug's story.

Also I love the noise UberHaxorNova makes around 3:24, what even is that lol? I subscribed to him.
  • edited July 2013
    It was definitely not a nice moment to be that close. I don't know why I didn't expect Carley's corpse to look like that. I knew Russell was Day 184 and that Carley dies a long time ago but I still didn't think she would be rotting like that, not sure why. Definitely a sour end to Carley/Doug's story.

Also I love the noise UberHaxorNova makes around 3:24, what even is that lol? I subscribed to him.

Yeah,But Carley kiss Lee's face,It could be last good thing.
    Doug is good man,Carley also say"maybe I have loved him."
  • edited July 2013
    he playthrough was not really the best, he kept hitting on every female character until he met Carley, every choice he did after was to protect Carley and Clem, and he just lost it when she died, he paused and just yelled at Lilly for about four minutes, he was not happy at all.
  • edited July 2013

Same here, i expected her to look the same as she did when she first died or something, not like that. :( Perhaps i was just denying reality...
  • edited July 2013
    Mornai wrote: »
    Same here, i expected her to look the same as she did when she first died or something, not like that. :( Perhaps i was just denying reality...

Yeah,I got it too.
  • edited July 2013
    I never thought she would look like that.
  • edited July 2013
    Well, she'd been on the side of the road for several months by that point, and reality ensued. I'm actually glad they made her rot like that, it'd be weird if she was all pristine (gaping hole in the face aside) after so long.
  • edited July 2013
    doom saber wrote: »
    I've noticed that ppl are hellbent in killing Lilly primarily because she killed Carley..

She killed the member of the group who was the absolute most competent with a firearm who saves your life - and Clementine's life! - on three separate occasions. Aggressive, bossy, rude, and with a massive god complex, Lilly was definitely a detriment.
  • edited July 2013
    I'm surprised so many people tried to hide. The Truck was close enough that the driver would definitely see someone run or jump out of sight. Would make for an awkward introduction IMO.
  • edited July 2013
    Yertos wrote: »
    I'm surprised so many people tried to hide. The Truck was close enough that the driver would definitely see someone run or jump out of sight. Would make for an awkward introduction IMO.

I hid because I had little time to decide and I know that the default would be him just standing there - I knew that he would be spotted anyway, but I want to choose something that is different than doing nothing. I think most people hid for that very reason even if they weren't mentally aware of it
  • edited July 2013
    I hid because I had little time to decide and I know that the default would be him just standing there - I knew that he would be spotted anyway, but I want to choose something that is different than doing nothing. I think most people hid for that very reason even if they weren't mentally aware of it

But My first option is in there.
    no car, hide no significant effect.
    Although half of the 400 days.
  • edited July 2013
    Yertos wrote: »

That was my reasoning exactly. At first, I wanted to hide, but then I realized "He probably saw me anyway, so hiding could just make things worse." Of course, I also missed being "Reunited" on my first playthrough.
  • edited July 2013
    FatTonyVG wrote: »
    She killed the member of the group who was the absolute most competent with a firearm who saves your life - and Clementine's life! - on three separate occasions. Aggressive, bossy, rude, and with a massive god complex, Lilly was definitely a detriment.

In this an extremely harsh environment
    Forced to make things, are in "bounds of reason."
    Of course,I have personally experienced this.
  • edited July 2013
    Rock114 wrote: »
    That was my reasoning exactly. At first, I wanted to hide, but then I realized "He probably saw me anyway, so hiding could just make things worse." Of course, I also missed being "Reunited" on my first playthrough.

Even If you don't get on.Those walker force you get on.:D
  • edited July 2013
    i love her because she knew lee's story and didn't hate him for that. she halped him all the way and kissed his cheek [*died*] and they could have been a great couple. fuck lilly.
  • edited July 2013
    who doesn't love a gun toting chick in a skirt?
  • edited July 2013
    In my opinion people are way too attached to Carly. And that's not a good thing. I picked Doug and that's it. He died, boo hoo. Then a girl dies and the whole community goes insane.

Not as attached as they are to Clem. I've never seen such disturbing fanatacism as I do with that little girl and these forums. 400 days totally puts an end to that silly Carley debate. People hang onto her for so long cause they wanna see love and romance blossom in a zombie apocalypse, as strange as that sounds
  • edited July 2013
    Well I can't blame them for wanting something happy to happen were that word is almost as dead as the walkers.
  • edited July 2013
    Mikejames wrote: »

I lol'd at their screams.

As for Carley, I've already posted about her before, back when the game ended, so whatever. I liked Carley, and Doug. They were supposed to be likable, but if you wanted a more in-depth answer, just search for my posts.
  • edited July 2013
    Well I can't blame them for wanting something happy to happen were that word is almost as dead as the walkers.

So I say:Game version just the right very well
  • edited July 2013
    I lol'd at their screams.

As for Carley, I've already posted about her before, back when the game ended, so whatever. I liked Carley, and Doug. They were supposed to be likable, but if you wanted a more in-depth answer, just search for my posts.

That's why EP1 can attract large numbers of people.(one of the reasons)
  • edited August 2013
    I liked Carley for three reasons.

The first is that she's probably the person most skilled with a firearm in the group, and other than maybe Lee the most efficient zombie-killer.

The second is that despite her hard-@ss exterior, she's actually one of the more moral characters in the group. When Lily and Larry voiced anger at Lee and Clem being rescued and brought into the pharmacy, Carley speaks up and voices support for allowing them into the group. She cares about Clem and Duck and wants them to get fed first, and usually argues in favor of doing the (morally) right thing.

The third is that she calls Lily on her bullshit.
  • edited August 2013
    I don't know what is up with The Walking Dead franchise, but I've noticed that ppl are hellbent in killing Lilly primarily because she killed Carley. I picked Doug in my game because I thought Carley was smart enough to defend the walkers alone. Then again, we are talking about a reporter who didn't know that radios require batteries to function.

The Carley fans are like the Daryl Dixion fans who wanted to kill the actress who played Andrea just because her character accidentally shot Daryl.
    I can only speak for myself when I say I was a fan of Carly not because of her appearance or her IQ but because of her heart and I image most people favour her for that reason. I have nothing against Doug but he didn't stick up for Lee at all when Larry and Lilly were debating why Lee's group should be thrown outside and he didn't save me twice in the episode. To me, it was kind of instinctive to repay the favour. I would do that in any game. I would favour any character and put my life on the line for any character that showed me kindness, loyalty and saved my life. I think Carly actually saves Lee more than anyone else does in the series. I think the love people have for Carly is more than justified.
  • edited August 2013
    I agree, I think Doug is a nice guy and I do not hate him, but Carley saved Lee's life many times.
  • edited August 2013
    CaveRave wrote: »
    I think it was because she was attractive, had a crush on Doug (and further seemed interested in Lee later on) and has a sweet personality...

Did Doug on my first playthrough though, was actually surprised that it really was that mainstream to save Carley (75% people?)
    Considering how much time you spend with Carly in episode 1 and how many times she saves you I think I would have been surprised if 75% chose to save Doug, a character that you only spend 1 scene with when Lee is getting the keys. Even in that little scene he managed to piss me of when he shouted out asking if i've found the keys yet. I think partly why I didn't connect with him is because he didn't support Lee and his companions when Lilly and Larry were debating with Glenn and Carly about saving Lee's group. The debate was 2 vs 2, his input could have made a difference but he didn't really give a toss either way.
  • edited August 2013
    I liked Carley because of her character AND her appearance, I see nothing wrong with that. Felt like apart from Clementine, she was the closest person Lee had in the group. "Love"? I didn't love her, I don't see how one can love a video game character in a romantic way. My player character may have, however. But we weren't given enough time to explore it. But yes, I was extremely pissed when she died and I hate Lilly for that. Didn't like her before that, absolutely hated her after.
  • edited August 2013
    *gets on knees* can't we just not wish character's death?
  • edited August 2013
    In my opinion people are way too attached to Carly. And that's not a good thing. I picked Doug and that's it. He died, boo hoo. Then a girl dies and the whole community goes insane.
    I think you will find that would happen in any medium where a fan favourite dies. When one of the main character died in the comics last summer everyone went crazy. I was upset before I even read the comic because I couldn't imagine the walking dead without him since he had been in the comics since the comics began 10 years ago.

Carly was a fan favourite for good reason, she showed a lot of care for Lee and Clem, was very supportive and had some of the most awesome moments in the series. Carly dying would naturally evoke the same feeling as if Andrea was to die in the comics. Doug just simply wasn't that guy. Doug dying in the game would be like a character like Allen dying in the comics, easier to get over because of the size of their roles.
  • edited August 2013
    Is Carley partly Asian
  • edited August 2013
    Why would you say that, I thought the original screen shots made Clementine look Asian, clearly not the case in game but still.
  • edited August 2013
    Is Carley partly Asian

The wiki lists her as Caucasian, so that's probably her intended background.

In game the character can pass for biracial however.
  • edited August 2013
    Scaeva wrote: »
    The wiki lists her as Caucasian, so that's probably her intended background.

In game the character can pass for biracial however.

She's got dat caramel Asian skin....

Glenn wants dat
  • edited August 2013
    Episode 1 Carley is basically Rebecca Chang. Same outfit and everything. Hey, isn't Lee also trying to make sure a little girl survives a zombie outbreak...?
This discussion has been closed.