That PC Version

Comments

• edited April 2008
    I'm always getting vibes... i'm vib'n right now....

if i didn't pay attention to my vibes, i would have been crushed by that boulder in reno, and i would have been shoot 8 times in the face instead of just 3...

my brain also has this cool "single, or taken vibe" mode... too bad i'm not allowed to use the thing anymore... speaking of which, i better go... she asked for a drink almost 30 minutes ago
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    Dangerzone wrote: »
    well... for TT not knowing anything, i sure am getting the vibe that us PC users will be waiting a long ass time after the Wii versions are out for our copies....

Seriously man. Pretend I was at the office so I could post a new photo of that jump to conclusions mat. You're making things up here.
  • edited April 2008
    This is probably the closest I'll come to buying a Wii - the games looks like it's going to be fun. The only problem is that close is no hit. I already have a DS, but for the current generation of consoles, I want my GTA, GT4 and Final Fantasy and probably a bunch of other stuff I forget.

It's PS3 and PC all the way for me, and although I do appreciate that Strong Bad should be a Nintendo game, I'm not buying one. Any chance of a DS game? I think it's got more chance of success. Maybe sell it with Trogdor stickers :)
    edited April 2008
    Right now we're doing the game for WiiWare and PC. A DS game would definitely be awesome (who doesn't love the DS?!), but its not what we're working on right now.
  • edited April 2008
    Dangerzone wrote: »
    my brain also has this cool "single, or taken vibe" mode...
    oh, i have that one too..actually it's quite simple: i like her, she's taken...already...by someone else..
    Jake wrote: »
    Seriously man. Pretend I was at the office so I could post a new photo of that jump to conclusions mat. You're making things up here.
    no, dangerzone didn't make anything up..we're talking about vibes here. so no actual conclusions involved...

dangerzone: i'm afraid, it could rain tomorrow.
    jake: oh no, you don't..

:D

anyway, i also hope, that there will be information about the pc version soon. i would totally like to get a wii, maybe with this fit-thingy and some brain-enhancement games, but i'm not sure if i can spare the money at the moment..
  • edited May 2008
    I have both pc and a wii I think i'll be getting the pc version, (for running at higher res).
    And if the wiimote turns out to make the game more funi'll use the wimote pc hack...hehe

chears!
  • edited May 2008
    Jake wrote: »

Honestly, why is that not a macro yet?
  • edited May 2008
    I NEED A PC VERSION!!!!!!!!! w00t.
  • edited May 2008
    How will the WiiConnect24 features translate to the PC?
  • edited May 2008
    i've also read that it will use wiiconnect, but what for? so, everybody knows i left my sbcg4ap on, but am not playing at the moment? might be interesting. but such a feature shouldn't be to hard to transfer to the pc. you're instant messenger can tell your status to others even if your pc is on standby..right? actually, i never tried, but it's suppossed to to that.

btw, any updates on when news about the release date of the pc version will be out? ...or something.
  • edited May 2008
    Molokov wrote: »
    You'll have to search to find the LucasArts game "Sam and Max Hit the Road" because it's generally only found in the 'bargain bin' nowadays.

I can't speak for the rest of the world, but here in Australia the Windows version has been rereleased by LucasArts under their Classics label (along with Full Throttle and Grim Fandango). If you go to Harvey Norman you can find it in a DVD case for a fiver :)
  • edited May 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    i've also read that it will use wiiconnect, but what for?

New e-mails for Strong Bad to reply to on his PC?
  • edited May 2008
    Maybe. That's what I thought.
  • edited May 2008
    Telltale, will the WiiConnect24-related features be present in the PC version?
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2008
    All of these questions will be answered in due time. :)

(Sorry. Really can't talk about WiiConnect24 stuff or specific PC/Wii features yet.)
  • edited May 2008
    i dont care much cause im getting wii version.
    but still homestarrunner has good online games. so i expect it to be fairly similar
  • edited May 2008
    I really hope you're not planning to spring an additional wait on people who plan to buy the PC version when you announce the release dates...
  • edited May 2008
    BiggerJ wrote: »
    I really hope you're not planning to spring an additional wait on people who plan to buy the PC version when you announce the release dates...

On rereading this, it does seem a bit passive-agressive, so I apologize. I was also thinking along the lines of a PC release date announcement coming soon before or at the same time as the actual Wii release. I guess I was just frustrating myself.

Speaking of which, are you planning to announce any specifics concerning the PC release (release time relative to Wii version, differing features, etc.) any time soon? It can't be too long now, at any rate, since you said previously that you'll announce any differing functions (if not more) long enough before release time for people to make an informed decision.
  • edited May 2008
    TrogLlama wrote: »
    It's a secret to everybody.

Wii Memory?
  • edited May 2008
    I'm curious. Is SBCG4AP being made on the PC and ported to the Wii or is it being made for the Wii and being ported to the PC. Or are they both being made separately but identical in content?
  • edited May 2008
    They're making the content in their in-house engine, the Telltale Tool. (You can see a bit of their editor in this video, at 2:33.) The engine was originally for PC but was ported to Wii a while back. So for SBCG4AP, there's not really a making+porting or making+making, just the making.
  • edited May 2008
    Wii Memory?
    Naw, Wii Swordfish.
  • edited May 2008
    Naw, Wii Swordfish.

EN GUARDE!
    edited May 2008
    TechNick wrote: »
    I'm curious. Is SBCG4AP being made on the PC and ported to the Wii or is it being made for the Wii and being ported to the PC. Or are they both being made separately but identical in content?

Both are being built concurrently with the same toolset. Neither one is a "port" -- the programmers can make a PC build or a Wii build at their leisure, off of the same core codebase.
  • edited June 2008
    to get back to topic: how much more leisurely will the pc build be handled?

sorry, i couldn't resist...i was al the time looking for a change to say leisurely..:D
  • edited June 2008
    I would perfer PC.. I'm not going to go out and buy a Wii for 500 to 1000 dollars (whichever the price, I havent checked) just to play ONE game (and this game I reallyreallyreallyreally REALLY WANT to play!) I'm sure there are quite a few people out there that would feel the same. Dont get me wrong, I have nothing against the Wii console. Although I have never tried one.. I may one day buy a Wii. "Wiggle and Waggle" sounds like fun.. I just dont have the spare money to get a Nintendo Wii.
  • edited June 2008
    i guess, that's exactly why telltale will be providing a wii version and a pc version.

btw, 500$ for a wii? wow...must've some heck lot of extras...
    it's quite affordable compared to other this-generation-consoles, i think. however, i won't buy one just for sbcg4ap either.
  • edited June 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    i guess, that's exactly why telltale will be providing a wii version and a pc version.

btw, 500$ for a wii? wow...must've some heck lot of extras...
    it's quite affordable compared to other this-generation-consoles, i think. however, i won't buy one just for sbcg4ap either.

I bought mine the day it came out for like, 200$.
  • edited June 2008
    HakuyoChan wrote: »
    I would perfer PC.. I'm not going to go out and buy a Wii for 500 to 1000 dollars (whichever the price, I havent checked) just to play ONE game (and this game I reallyreallyreallyreally REALLY WANT to play!) I'm sure there are quite a few people out there that would feel the same. Dont get me wrong, I have nothing against the Wii console. Although I have never tried one.. I may one day buy a Wii. "Wiggle and Waggle" sounds like fun.. I just dont have the spare money to get a Nintendo Wii.
    You're about two to four times off.
  • edited June 2008
    You're about two to four times off.

OK so I over exaggerated on the price. I never checked it and I assumed it was somewhere in that price range.
  • David EDavid E Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2008
    HakuyoChan wrote: »
    over exaggerated.
    We ask that you please remain within the margins of normal exaggeration.

;)
  • edited June 2008
    The Wii will probably die in less than 5 years, but PC-based gaming will go on & on.
  • edited June 2008
    LikaLaruku wrote: »
    The Wii will probably die in less than 5 years, but PC-based gaming will go on & on.

Wait.. Are you telling me that my Wii will stop working after 5 years?! I better buy this game on PC!!! OH NOES!!!!!
  • edited June 2008
    LikaLaruku wrote: »

Nintendo will make another system, though.My guess.
  • edited June 2008
    Nintendo will make another system, though.My guess.
    That's certain. Last time I checked, Nintendo loves money.
  • edited June 2008
    Juhsayngul wrote: »
    That's certain. Last time I checked, Nintendo loves money.
    Just like every single other company on the face of the earth.
  • edited June 2008
    And that would suck big time. Thank heavens you guys are not a massive publisher like EA.

I was at the Download Festival at Donington Park, UK other week and they ghad an EA bus with playable games in so i shouts "EA SUCK!" then spent like half hour explaining to this american PR guy why they do in fact suck. HAHAHA
  • edited June 2008
    King wiL wrote: »
    I was at the Download Festival at Donington Park, UK other week and they ghad an EA bus with playable games in so i shouts "EA SUCK!" then spent like half hour explaining to this american PR guy why they do in fact suck. HAHAHA

EA usually makes crappy games, but they did a great job with Boom Blox!
  • edited June 2008
    :mad::):confused:i think it needs to be advirtized more ;):confused:
  • edited June 2008
    King wiL wrote: »
    PROTIP: People tend not to like it when you tell them their employer sucks. They already know this, having experienced it firsthand. They will also get irritated when you rant to them on the subject. Fisticuffs may occur. Stitches may be applied. The police will be called.
    Not that... I would know... heh heh...
    :(:):confused:i think it needs to be advirtized more ;):confused:
    It's actually one of the only games I've seen advertisments for on TV, so that'd be a no.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.