That PC Version

Comments

• edited June 2008
    EA sucks?...
  • edited June 2008
    TrogLlama wrote: »
    PROTIP: People tend not to like it when you tell them their employer sucks.
    i think that's true, but mostly for smaller companies. the bigger a corporation gets, the more employees of it will be willingly join in if someone is ranting about it. ea may be a good example, especially since they're buying a lot of smaller competitioners. employees of these then called branches or divisions might have liked their jobs better before they've been ea'd...
  • edited June 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    i think that's true, but mostly for smaller companies. the bigger a corporation gets, the more employees of it will be willingly join in if someone is ranting about it. ea may be a good example, especially since they're buying a lot of smaller competitioners. employees of these then called branches or divisions might have liked their jobs better before they've been ea'd...
    That's why, after the quoted segment, I pointed out that they know full well that their employer sucks. They're employed by them, for heaven's sake! Do you know what goes on within those hallowed halls?
    It is not for mortals to know!
  • edited June 2008
    HakuyoChan wrote: »
    I would perfer PC.. I'm not going to go out and buy a Wii for 500 to 1000 dollars (whichever the price, I havent checked) just to play ONE game (and this game I reallyreallyreallyreally REALLY WANT to play!) I'm sure there are quite a few people out there that would feel the same. Dont get me wrong, I have nothing against the Wii console. Although I have never tried one.. I may one day buy a Wii. "Wiggle and Waggle" sounds like fun.. I just dont have the spare money to get a Nintendo Wii.

hong kong dollars maybe that much
    EA usually makes crappy games, but they did a great job with Boom Blox!

they published oddworld strangers wrath too which was awesome
  • edited July 2008
    I know you guys are really busy and I'll probably regret asking this but: WHEN IS Homestar Ruiner coming out? I mean some websites are saying that it's coming out today and it's carving at my spleen!!!! and also 1/4 of my summer revolves around playing this game. and also NOT ALL EA games suck. I mean 4 of their not-suck games in my opinion are: Harry Potter's 1, 2, and 3, and The Simpsons Game
  • edited July 2008
    Any website that you see a date on either made it up, or copied it from someone who made it up. The game is definitely not coming out today.
  • edited July 2008
    well then, when is it? cause there's a $20 bill in my wallet that I've been saving for this game
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    When we have a release date for you, we'll tell you! We will tell you so much, it'll be crazy times, I assure you.
  • edited July 2008
    i don't trust you on that...i assume you are going to keep the game all for yourself. it's probably already out, but you just don't tell us and have fun with it.;)
  • edited July 2008
    no I checked it's not out yet I checked several times, but since you brought it up, now I don't know who to trust anymore
  • edited July 2008
    this was meant to be a joke, since telltale makes games to sell them. so why should they not tell us when it's out?
    in general they just try not to make promises they can't keep. if there is a release date, telltale will make it known. you can believe me on that.
  • edited July 2008
    today could very well be the day :) (course I'm probably just tossing darts in the dark)
  • edited July 2008
    would be nice, but i doubt it. i expect telltale to announce the release at least one week in advance..

...soo...they should do that today..maybe..
  • edited July 2008
    The only WiiWare title today is Major League Eating: The Game...
    Yeah.

So hopefully PC and WiiWare Strong Bad next week!
  • edited July 2008
    The only WiiWare title today is Major League Eating: The Game...
    Yeah.

So hopefully PC and WiiWare Strong Bad next week!
    There might be another one.
    Because we're hopeless optimists just asking to have our hopes crushed, that's why!
  • edited July 2008
    There might be another one.
    Because we're hopeless optimists just asking to have our hopes crushed, that's why!
    They release two WiiWare titles every monday.But, today is possibly different.
  • edited July 2008
    They release two WiiWare titles every monday.But, today is possibly different.

They've released one for the past bunch of weeks.

And if anybody wants to check for themselves what gets released, go to press.nintendo.com, and usually by noon EST they'll have the weekly updates.
  • edited July 2008
    They've released one for the past bunch of weeks.

If that's the case, our last hope for a July release is the 28th, since Plattchen Twist and Paint is being released on the 21st.
  • edited July 2008
    BiggerJ wrote: »
    If that's the case, our last hope for a July release is the 28th, since Plattchen Twist and Paint is being released on the 21st.

Well, just because that's the way they have been doing it doesn't mean they will do that every week. The Virtual Console games have been alternating between one and two, so there's still hope. But that could just be wishful thinking because I'm really looking forward to this game.

Or Nintendo could decide that nobody wants that paint game anyway and people would much rather have SBCG4AP next week. But I doubt it.
  • edited July 2008
    Or Nintendo could decide that nobody wants that paint game anyway and people would much rather have SBCG4AP next week. But I doubt it.

Maybe replace it with Mario Paint.
  • edited July 2008
    According to this page, Pirates: The Key of Dreams is scheduled for July 2008. This means that if Nintendo keeps posting only one WiiWare game a week, and P:TKoD is indeed released in July, then there's no way the SBCG4AP will debut in July.

I know that Emily recently said here that she doesn't want us to see Nintendo as faceless corporate bullies, but it seems likely that SBCG4AP keeps getting bumped because Nintendo sees Telltale as having next-to-no seniority.
  • edited July 2008
    According to this page, Pirates: The Key of Dreams is scheduled for July 2008. This means that if Nintendo keeps posting only one WiiWare game a week, and P:TKoD is indeed released in July, then there's no way the SBCG4AP will debut in July.

I know that Emily recently said here that she doesn't want us to see Nintendo as faceless corporate bullies, but it seems likely that SBCG4AP keeps getting bumped because Nintendo sees Telltale as having next-to-no seniority.

IT JUST AIN'T RIGHT!!!!! sorry if I'm not making this easier, it's just, does the world need another pirates video game? plus, around 1/4 of my summer revolved around playing this game. (as strange as it sounds) a guy can only live on Sam and Max for so long
  • edited July 2008

How come all these other games have release dates?
  • edited July 2008

This pirate game better be an equal to Zack & Wiki...Because then I'd be angry, and you wouldn't want too see me angry...:mad:
  • edited July 2008
    Nintendo could surprise us and have 5 or more WiiWare games come out on the same day. Stay optimistic!
  • edited July 2008

You know, you could also go the other way and say "If SBCG4AP is indeed released in July, then there's no way P:TKoD will debut in July." There's no reason to believe one way over the other without further news.

And remember, I believe the original delay was Telltale's call to add some finishing touches to the game, so it's not like this has even been Nintendo's delay from the get-go. As far as I remember, Telltale never told us when exactly they finalized the game and submitted it, so we don't even know how much of the delay is because of Nintendo.

As for seniority, look at the people who made the pirate game and the paint game. One doesn't even have a Wiki page, and one hasn't done much else. It seems like Telltale has more seniority than most WiiWare designers.
  • edited July 2008
    How come all these other games have release dates?

you know i actually see that every game except this one has a release date why in god's green earth is one of the most anticipated wiiware games of the year not coming to us fans:confused::confused:
  • edited July 2008
    Because life hates HR fans.
  • edited July 2008
    garebage wrote: »
    you know i actually see that every game except this one has a release date why in god's green earth is one of the most anticipated wiiware games of the year not coming to us fans:confused::confused:

As the NOA President has stated in a recent interview (although it should be already figured out) they announce WiiWare games' release dates the week they are to be released. There aren't any WiiWare titles that have an exact release prior to the week of debut, so it's not just this game. Although inconvenient, that's the way it is.
  • edited July 2008
    BadStrong wrote: »
    As the NOA President has stated in a recent interview (although it should be already figured out) they announce WiiWare games' release dates the week they are to be released.

Could you please link me to this interview? I don't doubt you, it just sounds like something that'd be useful to cite in future.
  • edited July 2008
    Could you please link me to this interview? I don't doubt you, it just sounds like something that'd be useful to cite in future.

Sure. This is the interview. To quote him, Reggie said, "We announce [WiiWare] on a weekly basis."
  • edited July 2008
    hmm, weekly basis usually means "once a week", but in this case it might simply be "not on a weekend"...
  • edited July 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    hmm, weekly basis usually means "once a week", but in this case it might simply be "not on a weekend"...

You're thinking of 'weekday basis', Thesaurus-Lacker, Non-Master of the English Language.
  • edited July 2008
    This has turned into a pretty monster thread, hasn't it? Sort of drifted off-topic, though...

When I posted this I didn't have a Wii. Now I do, and I'll have to think about which version to get.
  • edited July 2008
    if i had a wii, i would probably get the wii-version, since it is suppossed to have some kind of "email"-feature. also, playing adventure games on the wii sounds pretty relaxing. however, it might me possible that there will be sweet disc release for the pc-version...
    You're thinking of 'weekday basis', Thesaurus-Lacker, Non-Master of the English Language.
    such insolence...what are you implying here? i am not thinking at all...;)

...no, seriously: i wasn't thinking of 'weekday basis', but of week as an adjective, thus being made an adverb through the suffix -ly. btw, this silly joke works just as bad in german as it does in english.
  • edited July 2008
    i think the Wii version & PC version will be different
    so i'm getting both!
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    splash1 wrote: »
    i think the Wii version & PC version will be different
    so i'm getting both!

Not to burst your bubble, but they will be surprisingly similar!
  • edited July 2008
    i'll be getting the wii version, since whenever I play sam and max my CPU fan starts blowing loudly and the game runs very choppily.

unless someone wants to donate some RAM or something.
  • edited July 2008
    nathew wrote: »
    starts blowing loudly,unless somebody wants to donate some RAM .

thats what she said
  • edited July 2008
    I would get the Wii version, but I'm worried about how much storage space all of the episodes will take up. Can you give me an estimate?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.