That PC Version

124»

Comments

• edited July 2008
    i'm not worried about wii storage, because i can just delete whatever i'm not using and redownload it later. or move it to an SD card, even.

i think people are whining too much about storage issues. unless you want to have a bunch of virtual console games sitting there on the menu not being played, the only reason they need to have more space is for DLC. or they don't realize you only have to pay for something once and you can download it as many times as you want.
  • edited July 2008
    so if there is ever a PC version were their any ideas of also putting this on gametap?
  • edited July 2008
    I'm not sure if they'd be putting it on gametap because we have no idea at this point if gametap is part of making this game
  • edited July 2008
    According to this article, the Wii version wont have carry-over content (like the decals on Sam & Max), but it will let you send pictures to friends.

Is that true?
  • edited July 2008
    Is that the PC box for episode one leaning on the TV?

2703452045_30d406a6df.jpg?v=0
  • edited July 2008
    Ooze33 wrote: »
    Is that the PC box for episode one leaning on the TV?
    There is no PC box for episode one; it's going to be a downloadable release from the Telltale website.

What you're seeing in the picture is the promotional image/postcard for the SBCG4AP series.
  • edited July 2008
    Have they announced whether there will be a free DVD for people who buy the whole season on PC, like for Sam & Max?
  • edited July 2008
    garebage wrote: »
    I'm not sure if they'd be putting it on gametap because we have no idea at this point if gametap is part of making this game

I thought they would since they put Sam & Max on gametap.
  • edited July 2008
    Chuck wrote: »
    There is no PC box for episode one; it's going to be a downloadable release from the Telltale website.

What you're seeing in the picture is the promotional image/postcard for the SBCG4AP series.

aw snaps! i'd love to get my hand on one or a hundred of those.
  • edited July 2008
    ^ I believe you mean "ohshnaps", but otherwise I agree.
  • edited July 2008
    seepo1456 wrote: »
    I thought they would since they put Sam & Max on gametap.

In an interview (can anyone find this for me?) they said that they were looking at dual platform releases. Despite Gametap being on the PC, they consider it a separate platform. It was said that for Sam and Max, the two launch platforms were PC and Gametap... and for SBCG4AP it will be PC and Wii. The way they said it made it sound like it wouldn't be launched on Gametap... however, there might be the possibility of it showing up there and on Steam in the future.
  • edited July 2008
    mmm schnapps
  • edited July 2008
    Maybe you should also release it for the MAC. I think it could be great!!
  • edited July 2008
    JBRPG wrote: »
    Maybe you should also release it for the MAC. I think it could be great!!

umm...

I'm just kidding of course...maybe...
  • edited July 2008
    I'm still not sure if I should get the Wii version or PC version. I'd love to play it on the Wii more than the PC personally. But the mere thought that there is even the smallest possibility of a bonus dvd makes me hesitant.
  • edited July 2008
    i would totally like it, if you could buy it on the wii or pc and then get the second version later for less..like a crossgrade or whatever this is called. i mean, i don't have a wii at the moment, so i'll be getting the pc-version...if there will be a few more non-partygames in the future, i might also get a wii and then playing sbcg4ap on it might be tempting, but buying it two times for the full price might be a bit to much for me. don't get me wrong, telltale totally deserves to get my money twice or even more times, but, you know, i still have to pay for the house to put the wii in...
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    Derwin wrote: »
    In an interview (can anyone find this for me?) they said that they were looking at dual platform releases. Despite Gametap being on the PC, they consider it a separate platform. It was said that for Sam and Max, the two launch platforms were PC and Gametap... and for SBCG4AP it will be PC and Wii. The way they said it made it sound like it wouldn't be launched on Gametap... however, there might be the possibility of it showing up there and on Steam in the future.

This is correct. The initial channels at launch will be WiiWare for the Wii version, and Telltale's website for the PC version.
  • edited August 2008
    This is why I don't play TTG games on the PC. Multiple games on multiple computers all experience the same 'graphics' problem... (I attached two pictures of the H*R game showing the problem still hasn't been addressed...)

Am I missing an OS file or something? This happens on all of the Sam & Max games, the Bone games, and now the H*S games.

Looks like WiiWare is my only option.
  • edited August 2008
    The only issue that I've had with the PC demo version is flickering between the main game and what appears to be the main menu. It probably has something to do with your computer hardware.
  • edited August 2008
    iandaemon wrote: »
    This is why I don't play TTG games on the PC. Multiple games on multiple computers all experience the same 'graphics' problem... (I attached two pictures of the H*R game showing the problem still hasn't been addressed...)

Am I missing an OS file or something? This happens on all of the Sam & Max games, the Bone games, and now the H*S games.

Looks like WiiWare is my only option.

Probably need to update your graphics card drivers there...
  • edited August 2008
    There's definitely a problem with dual monitors, and I didn't have this problem with any of the Sam & Max games. It doesn't stop the mouse from going off the edge of the screen into the other monitor, which is really annoying. And yes, I'm sure it's not a problem with drivers or anything like that.

If someone from Telltale reads this, I'd really appreciate it if you could fix this problem for the rest of the episodes; it's really disappointing.
  • edited August 2008
    Dihard wrote: »
    There's definitely a problem with dual monitors, and I didn't have this problem with any of the Sam & Max games. It doesn't stop the mouse from going off the edge of the screen into the other monitor, which is really annoying. And yes, I'm sure it's not a problem with drivers or anything like that.

If someone from Telltale reads this, I'd really appreciate it if you could fix this problem for the rest of the episodes; it's really disappointing.

Odd, I do have that problem with Sam and Max Games.

I did find Homestar Ruiner to be a bit glitchy from time to time. that bothered me but other than that it's fun.
  • SegSeg
    edited August 2008
    Have you tried running the DirectX Installer? There's lots of versions of DirectX 9.0c that Microsoft doesn't bother updating though Windows Update. :/
  • edited August 2008
    Seg wrote: »
    Have you tried running the DirectX Installer? There's lots of versions of DirectX 9.0c that Microsoft doesn't bother updating though Windows Update. :/

I'm running on Vista with the latest version of DirectX 10 (I played through at least some of Sam and Max Season 2 in Vista as well without a problem). I'm happy that someone from Telltale replied so quickly to our messages, though. :)
  • edited August 2008
    You should probably try running the installer anyway. I was sure I had all the updates, but apparently they had a 5 MB file to install on my PC and I haven't had any glitches since.
  • SegSeg
    edited August 2008
    Dihard wrote: »
    I'm running on Vista with the latest version of DirectX 10 (I played through at least some of Sam and Max Season 2 in Vista as well without a problem). I'm happy that someone from Telltale replied so quickly to our messages, though. :)

Funny story: Microsoft doesn't include the DirectX 9 files after Aug 2006. Hilarious! :/

The web installer will look and add missing files for 8, 9, and 10. So even if you have Vista (and epically if you have Vista), you'll still need to run the installer.

Today I'm working on the installer to always give the choice to run the DirectX installer. You can always opt out of it, but at least everyone gets up to date. Before anyone asks, we do plan to include the full offline version on our season DVD and doesn't download DirectX files from the Internet. If you have already run the DirectX installer, this doesn't apply to you anyways.
  • edited August 2008
    I am also on vista, and i cant seem to get that DirectX updater to download... right after i enter my validation code i get a page saying that what i am looking for could not be found?

Do you have an alternate link for the updater? (or is the Microsoft site just on the fritz right now?)
  • SegSeg
    edited August 2008
    Dangerzone wrote: »
    Do you have an alternate link for the updater? (or is the Microsoft site just on the fritz right now?)

Well hello there, completely different URL for a newer version of the updater.

Seems that Microsoft doesn't migrate links over to newer versions.
  • edited August 2008
    Interesting... i am getting the same deal, "page not found"

After i enter my code.. i get this page

EDIT: never mind.. i was not getting the prompt to install the browser plug in to use the validation tool, but i got it sorted out... thanks
  • edited August 2008
    I've had the problem with the mouse going outside the game since S&M 101.

The games have run fine otherwise, although Bub's eyes disappeared a few times during the game which was weird.
  • edited August 2008
    uh oh. was his mouth a broken jpeg?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.