The Walking Dead Season 2 - Login Error

Comments

• They suck period !

Resistanc3 posted: »

This is the same thing that happened with Season one on every single release day, so don't bother writing TT - they know exactly and accept it

• According to the other posts users have made, this method doesn't work. I shouldn't have to edit my registry to get a game that I purchased to work. And yes, the game shows in my account so I know I own it. Thanks for you help however.

Judahpeter: This may be an issue with your registry. Please open a command window. (Below are instructions on how to open a command window)

• I would be ok with it if the DRM actually worked properly. I don't care if they use DRM. However, if they can't promise a satisfactory experience for their consumers in one avenue then they should have a back up plan.

Believe me, there are ways to download and play the game right now without any of these problems. In fact, I would gamble to say that more people know about those websites than have ever heard of TellTale Games. It's not stopping anybody who was going to take it anyway.

Toadbomb posted: »

Technically not true, if there was no authentication then the game would be sent all around the world and many hundreds of thousands of people

• I waited a little while and now it's working for me.

I don't think this was a definite fix, but with some time the game's working now. Thanks for the patience TT Mike.

Judahpeter: This may be an issue with your registry. Please open a command window. (Below are instructions on how to open a command window)

• edited December 2013

Its working for me now, as much as I hate to alt-tab to say it, just wanted to let telltalemike know. (not the registry fix, the game just started working when I launched this time)

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

We have now solved the server issue, please restart the game and attempt to log in again, and the issue should be resolved. If you are still experiencing log in errors, please reply with what your error message says, and whether you are on PC or Mac, and whether your on Steam or playing through Telltale. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

• It's WORKING! Thank you, thank you, thank you Telltale!!

• I still get the problem "LOGIN ERROR: Can't communicate with Telltale Servers" WHY TELLTALE, WHY ;_;

• edited December 2013

I still get the problem "LOGIN ERROR: Can't communicate with Telltale Servers", and i'm playing through Telltale. (PC)

We have now solved the server issue, please restart the game and attempt to log in again, and the issue should be resolved. If you are still e

If you are still experiencing issues logging in, you can contact our Support Staff at Support@Telltalegames.com and make sure to include your issue, and the email associated with your account.

katsas posted: »

I still get the problem "LOGIN ERROR: Can't communicate with Telltale Servers" WHY TELLTALE, WHY ;_;

• Thanks for solving it so fast.

• tried to login i came back from the doctor and installed it said login error what the deal?

Please close the game, and restart your computer. Before restarting the game, please make sure to have a strong internet connection.

tried to login i came back from the doctor and installed it said login error what the deal?

• Very disappointing. The game installed ok, but when I click on the link to start the game nothing happens. I tried reinstalling and it didn't help. Any ideas how I can fix this?

Please close the game, and restart your computer. Before restarting the game, please make sure to have a strong internet connection.

• did that? nothing happen

• I contacted the support staff, because I just bought the game from telltale's website and I am getting this error.

If you are still experiencing issues logging in, you can contact our Support Staff at Support@Telltalegames.com and make sure to include your issue, and the email associated with your account.

You may be experiencing a password error. Please make sure your password ONLY contains a-z, A-Z, and 0-9 and no other characters. If you have an " or \ or any other non-ASCII characters in your password, please login to your account on our website and change your password. If this does not fix the issue, this may be an issue with your registry.

Please open a command window. (Below are instructions on how to open a command window)

Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "cmd" and press enter

Windows Vista / 7: Press the Windows key. Type in "cmd" and press enter

Windows 8: At the start screen, type in "cmd" and press enter

Then copy the command line below and paste it into the command window, press enter, and confirm the question (to confirm the question, type €€€€and press enter):

REG DELETE "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Telltale Games\Launcher€€"

Please then try launching The Walking Dead again.

If neither of these fix your issue, can you please provide me the email associated with your account so that I can see if there are any errors in your account?

did that? nothing happen

• I just tried that and got an "Invalid key name" error.

You may be experiencing a password error. Please make sure your password ONLY contains a-z, A-Z, and 0-9 and no other characters. If you have

• Ive contacted support but should this be resolved?
    pre-ordered...not steam

Login Error

Cant communicate with Telltale Servers

and thats it..internet connection strong like bull, system rebooted

please advise

• edited December 2013

I'm still getting a login error as well.

Haven't even seen any place to log username/pwd

EDIT:
    It's working now
    Saw in another thread a user loaded season 1 first, logged in etc.. then restarted season 2. Worked right away for me

Fingertoes posted: »

Ive contacted support but should this be resolved? pre-ordered...not steam Login Error Cant communicate with Telltale Servers and thats it..internet connection strong like bull, system rebooted please advise

• edited December 2013

I still have the log in error as well. Not really going to deal with it now, I'll post a support ticket tomorrow if it still persists. Just thought I'd say that I have the problem still as well.
    EDIT:Got it working. I logged onto the server in Season 1 and that fixed it. If anyone has both seasons and cannot connect to the server, try logging into season 1 THEN season 2.

• Deleting the Launcher folder in the Registry fixed the connection issue for me. Thanks.

• The game won't download in Safari? Anyone know why?

• This solution isn't working.

• its 1:00am cant connect to telltale servers : ( such a let down

• Login Error

Cant communicate with Telltale Servers

lutherec posted: »

its 1:00am cant connect to telltale servers : ( such a let down

• Get error cant connect to server. tried restarting and tried hkey fix still get same message. play on a pc

• I tried and it don't work

• To Tall Tale Games developers, you need a patch for this ASAP or I'm demanding my money back.

• edited December 2013

Got it working now (PC, Win 8.1):

First changed password on TT-Account (got rid of the "!"), just using letters and numbers.
    Second I did that Reg-Fix.

When I started the game, first nothing happens after the screens tells "Click to", but moving the mouse over the screen the Mouse changed to cursor near the word "Season". Because I saw nothing else I used ALT+TAB to go back on Desktop and changed again to the game. Now the TT-Window, where you can enter your email and password appers and after entering I was connected to the servers.

PS: Sorry for errors in my Englisch

Edit: Think it's the same as Season one. That ingame Login-Screen firstly is invisible. Have to change to Desktop and back to game to make it visible.

• Getting the 'Can't Communicate with Telltale Servers' within 5 seconds of Clicking to Begin. This really feels like the same issue that plagued season 1 both on the launch day for each episode as well as trying later.

Hopefully the version that comes on the CE DVD doesn't have to connect to the server to be playable :/

• edited December 2013

I still get the error message "LOGIN ERROR: Can't communicate with Telltale Servers" after clicking the screen that says "Click to begin". I'm playing the PC version through Telltale.

Edit: I changed my password and tried the registry fix. Now I get a login screen, but after I enter my username and password and click "ok" I get the same error message as before: "LOGIN ERROR: Can't communicate with Telltale Servers"

Edit 2: I logged into Season 1 and then tried Season 2 again. Now it works and I don't get the error message anymore.

We have now solved the server issue, please restart the game and attempt to log in again, and the issue should be resolved. If you are still e

• You are quickly making this a really fucking shitty day.

• shit i got the same problem. i should of gone through steam if i know there was a problem. i figured going through TTG was better.

• Tried uninstalling and re-installing it did not help and none of the fixes helped either.

• When will this be fixed? Very disappointed in you guys right now, I was so excited to play now I have to wait? I've been waiting forever, come one guys :(

We are currently looking into the server connection issue that customers are experiencing. I apologize for any inconvenienced this has caused you.

• edited December 2013

Hello,
    same problem : I can't connect to server (Login Error Cant communicate with Telltale Servers)
    How can I do ?

Is there any subtitles in french somewhere ?

• Its almost been 24 hours....any news on getting this bullshit fixed?

We are currently looking into the server connection issue that customers are experiencing. I apologize for any inconvenienced this has caused you.

This may be caused by a number of things. Please make sure your Telltale Games account password ONLY contains a-z, A-Z, and 0-9 and no other characters. If you have an " or \ or any non-ASCII characters in your password, please login to your account on our website and change your password.

If the problem persists, this may be an issue with your registry. Please open a command window. (Below are instructions on how to open a command window)

Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "cmd" and press enter

Windows Vista / 7: Press the Windows key. Type in "cmd" and press enter

Windows 8: At the start screen, type in "cmd" and press enter

Then copy the command line below and paste it into the command window, press enter, and confirm the question (to confirm the question, type €€€€and press enter):

REG DELETE "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Telltale Games\Launcher€€"

Please then try launching The Walking Dead again.

We have fixed the major server connection issues, but there are still a few people experiencing them. If you are one of them, please contact our Support Staff at Support@Telltalegames.com. Make sure to include your email associated with your account. I apologize for the inconvenience.

• It says Reg is not a valid command and when I switch to del reg instead it says folder doesn't exist.

This may be caused by a number of things. Please make sure your Telltale Games account password ONLY contains a-z, A-Z, and 0-9 and no other c

This discussion has been closed.