The Walking Dead Season 2 - Login Error

Comments

• Ohh mine is worked, I Did that CMD thing . After that i tried to log in but it was not worked, And i registered with another mail. and it worked :D :D :D tnx Mike

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

You're welcome, enjoy the game!

Gunee_Sean posted: »

Ohh mine is worked, I Did that CMD thing . After that i tried to log in but it was not worked, And i registered with another mail. and it worked tnx Mike

edited March 2014

If you are experiencing this issue, you should be able to resolve it by completing the registry delete as I've shown above:

If your login and pwd files are showing up blank, you will have to do the above registry delete.

To correct this, please open a command window (Below are instructions on how to open a command window).

Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "cmd" and press enter

Windows Vista / 7: Press the Windows key. Type in "cmd" and press enter

Windows 8: At the start screen, type in "cmd" and press enter

Then copy the command line below and paste it into the command window, press enter, and confirm the question (to confirm the question, type “y” and press enter):

REG DELETE "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Telltale Games\Launcher”

(Please make sure when you copy the above text that you do not copy a space before or after the text, as that will produce an error message)

IansFowles posted: »

Yeah I have come here to ask this. It won't let me log in to play as it says I don't own the game

• Yeah I have attempted this a couple of times and it still isn't working.Any other tips?

If you are experiencing this issue, you should be able to resolve it by completing the registry delete as I've shown above: If your lo

• Don't know if anyone else has brought this up yet, but I'm experiencing the same issue with Wolf Among Us. Bought the game today, did the regedit trick twice, still won't work.

I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you, and I am glad you got the game working. I believe this issue has only pertained to The Walking Dead, and is not present in our other titles.

We have found it to be occurring for a small amount of people. If you haven't tried already, please open a command window. (Below are instructions on how to open a command window)

Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "cmd" and press enter

Windows Vista / 7: Press the Windows key. Type in "cmd" and press enter

Windows 8: At the start screen, type in "cmd" and press enter

Then copy the command line below and paste it into the command window, press enter, and confirm the question (to confirm the question, type “y” and press enter):

REG DELETE "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Telltale Games\Launcher”

(Please make sure when you copy the above text that you do not copy a space before or after the text, as that will produce an error message)

Please then try launching The Wolf Among Us again.

Please note that after inputting the command, you may need to try logging in with both your username, and email address, and you can try alternating between them if they do not work right away.

TA1JEA posted: »

Don't know if anyone else has brought this up yet, but I'm experiencing the same issue with Wolf Among Us. Bought the game today, did the regedit trick twice, still won't work.

• edited March 2014

I got in after an 1 hour later, downloaded and played the game. Thanks, I enjoyed it.

I only hope that in the future you could differentiate error msg when there is just connection problem and when the problem is wrong ID/pswd, so it would be clear if I just need to keep trying after some time or begin to worry about my memory fail with credentials. :)

I think that also whole registry dance wasn't necessary, patience was the key.

Please note that due to Episode 2 of The Walking Dead: Season Two releasing today, that our servers are overloaded with server communication

Thank you for the extra information. I hope that you are able to enjoy the game!

Paradoks posted: »

I got in after an 1 hour later, downloaded and played the game. Thanks, I enjoyed it. I only hope that in the future you could differenti

• Augh!! It's happening to me too. I hate to admit this, but I downloaded (I think from Green Man Gaming) a few months ago and never played it. So today, I decided to play it and I got the dreaded "You Don't Own the Game". I deleted the launcher folder but it still doesn't work. It asks me for my Tell Tale games ID and password. So I enter it and still the same message. I think it's because my game was never purchased from Tell Tale site so it thinks it's illegal, right? Can someone help with any suggestions?

Thanks Schwacker
    I apologize for the inconvenience. If you are experiencing an issue with the game after redeeming your Green Man Gaming code, please contact/email our Support Staff at Support@Telltalegames.com, and they will be able to assist you with this issue. Please make sure to include all of your account information, email address, and the redemption code you used to unlock the game in the email.
    Schwacker posted: »

Augh!! It's happening to me too. I hate to admit this, but I downloaded (I think from Green Man Gaming) a few months ago and never played

• Mike - Thanks. I will contact support.

Tony

I apologize for the inconvenience. If you are experiencing an issue with the game after redeeming your Green Man Gaming code, please contact

• Ohhhhh Again and this time i can repair this pls help me.. same problem
    My apologies. If you are experiencing this issue, please contact our Support Staff at Support@Telltalegames.com, and they will be able to assist you with it. Please also make sure to clarify where you purchased the game from as well.
    GuneeSean posted: »

Ohhhhh Again and this time i can repair this pls help me.. same problem

• telltale mike i did exactly as you said but it keeps saying "the system was unable to find the specified registery key or value" please heeeelp

This may be an issue with your registry. Please open a command window. (Below are instructions on how to open a command window) Windows XP:

I apologize for the inconvenience. Please make sure when you copy the above text that you do not copy a space before or after the text, as that will produce an error message. If you still receive an error after inputting the command line, please try typing in the command line one letter/symbol at a time into the Command prompt and then hit enter to execute the command.

amirad posted: »

telltale mike i did exactly as you said but it keeps saying "the system was unable to find the specified registery key or value" please heeeelp

• Well, it is still happening. I can play TWD Season 1 and The Wolf is Among Us without - ehm, major - problems. Also TWD season 2 was running somehow, with a batch file i wrote for deleting the launcher registry entry every time I had to start the game.

Now it just shows "Can't communicate with TellTale servers". I wrote to your support, but wanted to comment here too, that nothing seems to have happened to avoid bad mood of players on weekends. Like when I make my coffee, and wan't to have a nice game.. well after hours of browsing your forum internet instead for a solution, I just have to give up and wait, until the support writes back some day. Unbelievable.

I apologize for the inconvenience. If you have already deleted your registry, and are still encountering this issue, can you please clarify if you have any anti-virus or internet firewall programs open and running that may be blocking the game from communicating with our servers successfully?

Well, it is still happening. I can play TWD Season 1 and The Wolf is Among Us without - ehm, major - problems. Also TWD season 2 was running

• Just picked up with game today on GMG after expecting a Steam key. Now I find that it doesn't work anyway. (Can't communicate with servers).
    I have tried all the suggested things on the forums, I even have a separate system, which has a fresh copy of Windows 7, which doesn't work.
    Tried firewall off, av off, no av, no firewall, all Windows updates, fresh format no updates, graphics drivers and even monitoring the applications TCP traffic and still no go. (BTW, it looks like a server issue, since the traffic is leaving me fine.)
    Thought it was just me until I found this forum.
    I have asked GMG for a refund because this is extremely poor service. Now what are you going to do about it or does this need to go further?

• This is weird but I think I found a solution that work for me about this login error. First i manually delete Launcher from registry and start game. Of course I get Login Error message (I already tried this method with no help) . After that I wrote some stupid login and password like zxc and I get different message: login/password wrong bla bla bla.. and 2 choices: signout and cancel. I picked signout and than log again. Now game succesfully connect with servers and start! I hope that this will help someone else.

PS. Sorry about my english :)

• Exactly the same issue, just got this game yesterday on GMG, i tried everything, The game is not been firewalled, neither by windows or any of the 3 different routers i tried.
    Also thinking about asking GMG a refund for the issue before its to late.
    It is sad that such a good studio uses such a poor DRM service.

DeltaWolf7 posted: »

Just picked up with game today on GMG after expecting a Steam key. Now I find that it doesn't work anyway. (Can't communicate with servers).

• I bought the season 2 right now and i have the message of login error, what should I do?

• Mike I wasn´t able to eliminate from the cmd and i did it manually in regedit, but still is not working, the same login error appears, what should I do?

I bought the season 2 right now and i have the message of login error, what should I do?

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Over the weekend we experienced a higher than average amount of server connections due to the release of Wolf Among Us Episode 5. We have now resolved the issue, and you should now be able to successfully log in and connect with our servers. Please try logging in again, and you should now be able to connect.

• I purchased the PC version of the game this evening in the UK from the TTG website, installed it, went to play it and when I "click to begin" I got no sign in box, just the "Login Error - Can't communicate with Telltale servers" error message. I tried everything mentioned in this forum, deleted the Registry Key, now when I click to begin, the sign in box appears, but I sign in using my username/email address and password (which contains just letters and numbers) and click OK but still get the Login Error. Please help!

My apologies. Unfortunately the login error you are experiencing is due to a high amount of log in requests happening at the same time. I recommend trying again a few times, and you should be able to connect successfully. Again, my sincerest apologies for any difficulties this has caused you.

I purchased the PC version of the game this evening in the UK from the TTG website, installed it, went to play it and when I "click to begin

• Can i have my account deleted? Thanks

We are currently looking into the server connection issue that customers are experiencing. I apologize for any inconvenienced this has caused you.

• Im having problems with the steam version of the game it appears that all the games walking dead 1 400days and walking dead 2 as well as the wolf amoung us have the same problem...

Kind of anoying that it doesn't work because you can't log on and says buy the game instead of the server is busy please try later.

My apologies. Unfortunately the login error you are experiencing is due to a high amount of log in requests happening at the same time. I re

• I hate to be rude but FYI...

I tried everything recommended on this thread. I disabled every program on my computer that had anything to do with security, and then some. I'm still getting the login error. I have given up. I have not played one episode from this Season. From what I gather, there is also no way for me to get a refund. I purchased the whole season 2 bundle from greenmangaming.com. I'm tucking this up as a loss. Never again, though.

• Well I have that same problem... Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't try starting it a second time after quiting. Delete the sync files in your docments folder. Reinstall the game... Didn't work... Changed steam to beta sort of worked sort of didn't.

Put steam on offline mode seems to work.

CABALLOTE posted: »

I hate to be rude but FYI... I tried everything recommended on this thread. I disabled every program on my computer that had anything to

• edited August 2014

i have the same problem (Login Error) and the cmd didn't work
    ok it works had to do delete it manually
    cmd didn't work

• edited August 2014

I'm getting the Can't Communicate with the Telltale Servers error again. Isn't this server-side? Can altering anything on my P.C. really make a difference?

Reading back through the thread it seems it might be a due to a high volume of players trying to log in?

• If all this is, is just a server overloading, it is unacceptable. This is not some tiny little company anymore, you have gotten huge fame and money through your multiple series. You should have servers worth a shit.

• Differerent episode, same shit from telltale. We are going to end up playing the day after all the steam users as per normal.

I've learnt my lesson. NEVER buy direct from telltale. They could not release a piss-up program on a brewery computer.

I apologize for the inconvenience. Due to the high amount of server traffic after Episode 5's release, you may be experiencing this issue. I recommend restarting the game, and resetting your internet access, and you should eventually be able to successfully connect and play the game/download the episode.

• I have restarted the game about 15 times. Reconnected my internet 3 times...and still nothing.

I apologize for the inconvenience. Due to the high amount of server traffic after Episode 5's release, you may be experiencing this issue. I

• Thanks for the reply mike, but its really not good enough. This happens nearly every single release, its not like its a surprise. You are punishing your loyalist customers.

Invest some of the barrels of walking dead cash in some decent servers for goodness sake!

• Thanks god it's not my P.C. :0P

Okay, I guess I'm going to go and play some Parasite Eve 2 for a while.

"Can't Communicate with the Telltale Servers" is Telltale's "Don't forget to salt the fries".

I apologize for the inconvenience. Due to the high amount of server traffic after Episode 5's release, you may be experiencing this issue. I

• edited August 2014

Thanks god it's not my P.C. :0P

Okay, I guess I'm going to go and play some Parasite Eve 2 for a while.

"Can't Communicate with the Telltale Servers" is Telltale's "Don't forget to salt the fries".

Edit: I just got bold red error massages trying to submit this last comment. Telltale's servers really are going belly up I guess. Must be a good episode.

• clem probably has to fight a telltale error message in the game

ChrisKN posted: »

Thanks god it's not my P.C. :0P Okay, I guess I'm going to go and play some Parasite Eve 2 for a while. "Can't Communicate with the Te

• edited August 2014

Maybe this is just how it finishes-- an uncompromisingly nihilistic end to an ultimately futile story.

lemonpeach posted: »

clem probably has to fight a telltale error message in the game

This discussion has been closed.