The Walking Dead Season 2 - Login Error

Comments

• edited December 2013

Can anyone tell me how to get it working for macbook pro plzzzzzzzzz Because telltale mike isn't responding.figures

• This worked for me.

bobkuna posted: »

I found a solution. Run Regedit (type into the start menu). Then navigate to hkey_current_user --> software --> Telltale Games. You should see a folder called launcher. Delete that entire folder, then restart the game.

• I dont know what I should do, I dont own\have season 1, and am still getting the error cant connect message everyone has been talking about

Gman5852 posted: »

I still have the log in error as well. Not really going to deal with it now, I'll post a support ticket tomorrow if it still persists. Just th

• well after it's all said and done for me i can't even play TWD Season 2 on my computer even though i bought it due to system requirements. so i am asking this question now. how much is the walking dead season 2 for Xbox360 and how do you buy it for Xbox360?

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

The Walking Dead: Season 2 is available as a digital download on the Xbox Marketplace. Episode 1 is $4.99 (Or the equivalent in other regions) and the Season Pass (Episodes 2-5) is available for $14.99 (Or the equivalent in other regions).

Chibikid posted: »

well after it's all said and done for me i can't even play TWD Season 2 on my computer even though i bought it due to system requirements. so

• I finally finished 400 days yesterday. Of course, the game didn't start with the new install at first.
    Had to use the regedit trick.
    Now, I tried to start season 2. Couldn't log in. Went into regedit, deleted launcher folder, still nothing. Deleted it again, tried to start season 1 (i read that if you can start season 1, then season 2 will start as well), didn't start. Deleted launcher again. Came up to the webpage, changed my password (it only contained lowercase, regular letters, also it worked before, so there is no reason why it did not work afterwards), tried to log in to season 1, and NOW, it worked. Started up season 2, now it works as well.
    Question:
    Do I have to go through this every time I want to play the game I bought from you guys?
    Sidenote:
    I'm getting really tired of this. I was going to buy Wolf Among Us, but I just wont. Maybe, when the whole season is out, and the game comes to gog.com, or some other platform, where it is a contractual obligation NOT to screw with the customer.

• Thanks! just finished The walking dead season 2 ep 1 still playing it to c: can't wait for Ep 2

The Walking Dead: Season 2 is available as a digital download on the Xbox Marketplace. Episode 1 is $4.99 (Or the equivalent in other regions) and the Season Pass (Episodes 2-5) is available for $14.99 (Or the equivalent in other regions).

• How do I get a refund? I just downloaded this game with a redeem code from Amazon pre-order, and it has this login error. I need to be able to play the game immediately. I notice it has been 10 days since your post about this issue, and it still has not been fixed. I predict you won't be able to fix it. Thus please give me a refund or a substitute (people mention Steam) or I will ask my credit card company to reverse the charges. If I can't play the game despite paying for it, it is considered theft. Thanks.

We are currently looking into the server connection issue that customers are experiencing. I apologize for any inconvenienced this has caused you.

• Thanks! I'm in!

bobkuna posted: »

I found a solution. Run Regedit (type into the start menu). Then navigate to hkey_current_user --> software --> Telltale Games. You should see a folder called launcher. Delete that entire folder, then restart the game.

I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you, and I am glad you got the game working. I believe this issue has only pertained to The Walking Dead, and is not present in our other titles.

nagymarci posted: »

I finally finished 400 days yesterday. Of course, the game didn't start with the new install at first. Had to use the regedit trick. Now,

• Does it use a different type of protection?
    Can you please check ("I bevelive" is reassuring, but I want to be sure)?
    Don't get me wrong, I think all Telltale games are pieces of art,
    that's why bought most of your games already,
    and this is the first time I've run into any kind of trouble.
    Still, Not being able to play said game, is quite a problem.

I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you, and I am glad you got the game working. I believe this issue has only pertained to The Walking Dead, and is not present in our other titles.

• edited December 2013

I managed to get in, user error in my case, was trying to login with my email rather than my username, doh, sorry for me previous rant (now redacted)

• I have found a solution to the login error. I disabled my firewall and was able to play the game. So try disabling your firewall or adding WalkingDead2.exe to your firewall exception list and that should do the trick. I hope this helps. Please give thumbs up or reply if this works for you so others will know.

• merci je viens de changer mon mot de passe et apres ça marche tres bien.
    merci

You may be experiencing a password error. Please make sure your password ONLY contains a-z, A-Z, and 0-9 and no other characters. If you have

• why can not playing episode 2?

readings::try again later unable to download at this time. please try again later

edited February 2014

Can you please clarify if you are playing on PC or Mac?

If you are playing on Steam, have you set your game to 'Always keep this game up to date'? (To do this, please right click on the game from your Steam Library, and click Properties. Once on the properties menu, click on the Updates tab, and under the Automatic updates section, make sure Always keep this game up to date is selected from the drop down menu.)

You can also try Deleting the Local Content, and reinstalling the game. (To do this, right click the game from your Library, and click Delete Local Content. This will uninstall the game. Please note that your save files should not be harmed in the process.)

PashaZzZ posted: »

why can not playing episode 2? readings::try again later unable to download at this time. please try again later

• I still get Login error "can't communicate with Telltale servers" when I try to start Season Two. I played and finished 1 Episode so far and did not change anything since then... Is this some temporary problem with servers or can I do something with my PC to make it work?

• Also getting this error.

Paradoks posted: »

I still get Login error "can't communicate with Telltale servers" when I try to start Season Two. I played and finished 1 Episode so far and

• Also cant login. bought from Gmg and activated on here.

aps66866 posted: »

Also getting this error.

• Same here, tried manually deleting the registry part and still didn't work.

Paradoks posted: »

I still get Login error "can't communicate with Telltale servers" when I try to start Season Two. I played and finished 1 Episode so far and

Please note that due to Episode 2 of The Walking Dead: Season Two releasing today, that our servers are overloaded with server communication requests.

Please try logging in again alternating between your username and your email address. If you still encounter a Login Error, this may indicate an issue with your login information in your registry. To correct this, please open a command window (Below are instructions on how to open a command window).

Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "cmd" and press enter

Windows Vista / 7: Press the Windows key. Type in "cmd" and press enter

Windows 8: At the start screen, type in "cmd" and press enter

Then copy the command line below and paste it into the command window, press enter, and confirm the question (to confirm the question, type “y” and press enter):

REG DELETE "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Telltale Games\Launcher”

(Please make sure when you copy the above text that you do not copy a space before or after the text, as that will produce an error message)

Also please make sure your password ONLY contains a-z, A-Z, and 0-9 and no other characters. If you have an " or \ or any non-ASCII characters in your password, please login to your account on our website and change your password.

Also, please make sure you are using the correct username/email and password. You can verify this information by logging into your account on our website. Please also note that your login credentials are case sensitive.

If you are still encountering an error message after trying these suggestions, please reply and specify the exact error message you see.

Smakers posted: »

Also cant login. bought from Gmg and activated on here.

• Ive done everything here, and still not getting in. Still getting the same log in error message "Cant communicate with telltale servers" If i rebuy this on steam will i keep my saves?

Please note that due to Episode 2 of The Walking Dead: Season Two releasing today, that our servers are overloaded with server communication

• Deleting registry part doesn't fix the problem. I did it in regedit.

• I think I have a solution for you Telltale-
    Give us Steam keys.

Please take a screenshot of your registry and attach it to an email to our Support Staff at Support@Telltalegames.com, and we will be able to assist you further. To find your registry, click on Start at the lower left of your screen, in the search field type "regedit" and press enter. On the left-hand pane of the registry select the arrow next to HKEY_CURRENT_USER, now select the arrow next to Software, and then select the arrow next to Telltale Games. Click once on the Launcher folder and on the right hand pane you should now see a couple entries, one will be titled 'login' the other will be titled 'pwd.' Please take a screenshot of this screen and attach it to your email as a .jpg or .png. We will look to verify the information to make sure your registry is correct.

However if you choose to purchase it on Steam, your saves should be able to carry over without issue.

theSTRIFE posted: »

Ive done everything here, and still not getting in. Still getting the same log in error message "Cant communicate with telltale servers" If i rebuy this on steam will i keep my saves?

edited March 2014

For those of you experiencing this issue, please note that due to the launch of Episode 2 of The Walking Dead: Season Two, our servers have been overloaded with server requests to play the game.

If you are still experiencing this issue after deleting your registry, please take a screenshot of your registry and attach it to an email to our Support Staff at Support@Telltalegames.com, and we will be able to assist you further. To find your registry, click on Start at the lower left of your screen, in the search field type "regedit" and press enter. On the left-hand pane of the registry select the arrow next to HKEY_CURRENT_USER, now select the arrow next to Software, and then select the arrow next to Telltale Games. Click once on the Launcher folder and on the right hand pane you should now see a couple entries, one will be titled 'login' the other will be titled 'pwd.' Please take a screenshot of this screen and attach it to your email as a .jpg or .png. We will look to verify the information to make sure your registry is correct.

• I eventually managed to get in without changing anything.

• So I just bought the game from greenmangaming thinking I would be able to play tonight. But I have not been able to logon once.. It should not matter if the next episode was just released. I bought the game and I wanted to play it tonight..

And in regedit, I have nothing next to login or pwd..

• Yeah i got it from steam too but it won't download....

I purchased it from steam and I cant connect to the game either.not happy telltale

If your login and pwd files are showing up blank, you will have to do the above registry delete.

To correct this, please open a command window (Below are instructions on how to open a command window).

Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "cmd" and press enter

Windows Vista / 7: Press the Windows key. Type in "cmd" and press enter

Windows 8: At the start screen, type in "cmd" and press enter

Then copy the command line below and paste it into the command window, press enter, and confirm the question (to confirm the question, type “y” and press enter):

REG DELETE "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Telltale Games\Launcher”

(Please make sure when you copy the above text that you do not copy a space before or after the text, as that will produce an error message)

bloodshed_ posted: »

So I just bought the game from greenmangaming thinking I would be able to play tonight. But I have not been able to logon once.. It should n

• I think it's because the servers are so swamped, it'd be nice to have a different error message for it though, it seems to happen with every release.

jiggles posted: »

I eventually managed to get in without changing anything.

• Hola soy de argentina y no llego El episodio 2 aca,AYUDA porfavor! Lo tengo comprado desde su web oficial me aparece "coming soon" AYUDAAA

Can you please clarify if you are playing on PC or Mac? If you are playing on Steam, have you set your game to 'Always keep this game up

• edited March 2014

Once I confirm the delete with "y" it says "ERROR: the system was unable to find the specified registry key or value."

If your login and pwd files are showing up blank, you will have to do the above registry delete. To correct this, please open a command w

• edited March 2014

I was experiencing the same issue with not being able to delete it, but then I opened regedit and deleted the folder manually and I was able to get into the game. My new problem, however, is that episode 2 still says "Coming Soon" and I'm not able to download it.

EDIT: Nevermind! I closed the game and reopened it and now it's downloading fine!

Once I confirm the delete with "y" it says "ERROR: the system was unable to find the specified registry key or value."

• edited March 2014

This did not work yesterday so I tried it again today.

• I first tried to login with my username. It did not work.
    • Then I deleted the reg file through cmd
    • I started the game and tried my username again, did not work this time either
    • I then tried with my mail address, and then it actually worked!!

Yay!

Thanks MIke!

If your login and pwd files are showing up blank, you will have to do the above registry delete. To correct this, please open a command w

You're welcome, enjoy the game!

bloodshed_ posted: »

This did not work yesterday so I tried it again today. * I first tried to login with my username. It did not work. * Then I deleted th

That specific error message happens when the registry delete command was not inputted 100% correctly. Please make sure you are copying and pasting only the command line, and do not have any spaces before or after the line. You can also try manually typing out the command line character for character into the command prompt.

• What do i do if it says : "You don't own the game"? Even though i actually bought it ?

• Yeah I have come here to ask this. It won't let me log in to play as it says I don't own the game

vadaphone posted: »

What do i do if it says : "You don't own the game"? Even though i actually bought it ?

This discussion has been closed.