Telltale thinks Game of Thrones is bigger than TWD. If TTG's GoT is a success will they abandon TWD?

Comments

• Everything is due,nothing will be done.

Zeruis posted: »

While producing Game of Thrones, which is due this year That's a laugh.

• The wolf among us will probably be better than season 1, once it's finished. Even season 2 is shaping up to being better than season 1.

• Doubtful, as long as Their TWD games stay popular as well. Why give up one popular game for another more popular game when you can have both popular games instead? d:

• edited April 2014

Alt text

Seriously, though, if they just drop TWD all together, I'll be disappointed in them. A trilogy would be a nice, round number to end things with. Maybe even make it after they finish GOT season 1.

• That gif is perfect. And I agree with it! If they abandon TWDG any time soon and without a decent ending, we riot.

• They will NOT abandon TWD. That is a guarantee. They make too much money off of it. However what WILL happen is MUCH longer time in between episodes. That is a guarantee.

• You get the fuck out if you can't respect other people's opinions

gd3232 posted: »

I actually wouldn't mind it if they decide to put an end to the series as a whole. Get out.

• I think people are taking this WAY out of context. The Game of Thrones is, arguably, bigger and more liked than The Walking Dead as a whole series. They didn't say that it would be better than The Walking Dead game.

• Ok before you guys dismiss TTG's GoT game think of this a lot of you dont even like Robert Kirkman's stories and a lot of people think Robert Kirkman's work is less than par yet TTG made a game based around Robert's concepts and people loved it even though Kirman's Concept is pretty limited and can only go so far.

Just imagine TTG getting their hands on a story better written with alot better concepts than TWD.

I think The GOT game has a good chance to be if not better just as good as the Walking dead game.

If you have not invested time in the GoT story I suggest reading the books or watch the TV show into the 2 season. You may not like season 1's setting up the bigger plot but Its well over worth it once you reach the 2nd season.

• I would too! :D

ohhau posted: »

Rick's erect penis

• Lawl

gd3232 posted: »

I actually wouldn't mind it if they decide to put an end to the series as a whole. Get out.

• edited April 2014

I don't remember the group being squashed that close together in the season finale.
    EDIT: I can't tell if you're serious or joking.

I would too!

• I know, don't like any of that medieval shite.

_Juice_Box_ posted: »

I don't like anything about game of thrones... I mean maybe telltale can make a game that will make me interested in the franchise but i'd b

• I will be happy when Telltale becomes a company which can handle its own fans by giving out news. That way, I could maybe actually look forward to something instead of slowly rotting away in that "soon"-purgatory that is "around the corner".

waiting for a game? No fun

getting news and thus building up hype for a game? nice

actually GETTING the game? priceless.

Two years of no news aside from "hmmm, we might or might not be working on season 3" will be worth nothing. Especially if the two years would only be used to dish out episode 1 and leave you to wait additional 2-3 months for each episode after that.

Danno123 posted: »

How about be happy that you would at least be getting the game? No?

• edited April 2014

I haven't. My friend watches it and tells me every single detail of everything that happens. Well, that's not necessarily true, but he tells me a lot.

And that's why I said in terms of numbers as well, Game of Thrones at most has 7 million or so viewers for a premiere. Walking Dead's high(which is the record) stands at about 16 million. So if it isn't better(which from what people are saying it is), it's at least more popular.

But you're right, I'm not truly in a position to say that. Yet it seems most people here at least think it's true.

• Ah, well that is probably true. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

DomeWing333 posted: »

Oh, I didn't mean that Game of Thrones is more popular than The Walking Dead. By saying that it was a bigger franchise, I meant that it had

• I'm a fan of both shows and they are so vastly different, you really can't compare.

Zyphon posted: »

I haven't. My friend watches it and tells me every single detail of everything that happens. Well, that's not necessarily true, but he tells

• Fair enough.

KCohere posted: »

I'm a fan of both shows and they are so vastly different, you really can't compare.

• Fk it I hate game of thrones if they abaondon the walking dead game because of the sh.... game of thrones i will go noobrage lol.
  • The Walking Dead is one of the best game series ever. I absolutely love both seasons so far and I already want a season 3 confirmation. I trust telltale and all that but I'd be happy if they only stick to The Walking Dead and Wolf Among Us.
  • You could always just do other things with your life in the meantime...

I will be happy when Telltale becomes a company which can handle its own fans by giving out news. That way, I could maybe actually look forw

• Ratings aren't the only indicator of quality. Breaking Bad's ratings were pretty mediocre for most of its run and it's one of the best received TV series of all time. AMC's TWD is a pretty good show, but my opinion having watched them both is that it is definitely not better than Game of Thrones (the ratings for which also suffer a lot from it being the world record setter for pirating) Most people here think it's better because with the game's forum being here it's practically a fansite. Fairly biased sample.

That said Season 1 of the game will take a lot of topping. Probably my personal favourite game of all time, but everything telltale of made recently has been of a high standard and there's no reason to expect the GOT game not to carry that on.
    Zyphon posted: »

I haven't. My friend watches it and tells me every single detail of everything that happens. Well, that's not necessarily true, but he tells

• edited May 2014
    I would hope that if there has to be more waiting that it's between seasons, not between episodes. That we get complete stories before the wait.

They will NOT abandon TWD. That is a guarantee. They make too much money off of it. However what WILL happen is MUCH longer time in between episodes. That is a guarantee.

• Actually, TWD has sooo much more fans than GOT. Google the ratings.

I think people are taking this WAY out of context. The Game of Thrones is, arguably, bigger and more liked than The Walking Dead as a whole series. They didn't say that it would be better than The Walking Dead game.

• Maybe in the U.S(that's also debatable), but in Europe there is no contest as to what franchise is more known.

JustineWind posted: »

Actually, TWD has sooo much more fans than GOT. Google the ratings.

• I'm ready for Game of Thrones. Frankly, I'm ready to move on from the Walking Dead game for awhile.

• I think its very likely. The Walking Dead might end with season 3 and Game of Thrones will go on for 3 seasons then Telltale will do something else to replace it.

• I dunno. God knows I love TWD, but TGOT could give TWD a good run for it's money though. It COULD be better I think.

Legendary12 posted: »

They will feel pretty stupid when they find out.... No Telltale game will surpass The Walking Dead's story for at least another 5-10 years.

• edited August 2014

Even in the U.S I believe it is more popular because of all people pirating it.

Maybe in the U.S(that's also debatable), but in Europe there is no contest as to what franchise is more known.

• I'm fine if it overtakes TWD game. The walking dead has had 2 going on 3 seasons and as much of a fan I am I think it's had it's time and a long enough run.

• That is a guarantee.

Spoken with the true experience of the entirety of eight months of total Telltale experience.

They will NOT abandon TWD. That is a guarantee. They make too much money off of it. However what WILL happen is MUCH longer time in between episodes. That is a guarantee.

• That is a guarantee.

Spoken with the true experience of the entirety of eight months of total Telltale experience.

• If they abandon TWD I won't be buying another game from them. I love The Walking Dead so much.

• well they aren't lying i know more people who like game of thrones than twd but i hope telltale don't pull a back to the future on the walking dead

• If a company has two cash cow franchises it controls, why would it abandon one when they feel they can do both?

• And no one will give a single shit.

ViTALiTY posted: »

Fk it I hate game of thrones if they abaondon the walking dead game because of the sh.... game of thrones i will go noobrage lol.

• What a good fan you are.

NerdyGeek posted: »

If they abandon TWD I won't be buying another game from them. I love The Walking Dead so much.

• Yeah because Telltale will just up an abandon a franchise that has brought in that much publicity and money.

• I really want TWD Season 3 right now.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.