Telltale thinks Game of Thrones is bigger than TWD. If TTG's GoT is a success will they abandon TWD?

Comments

• it would be better if they stick to TWD and TWAU and put their resources into those two
    both have already a huge fan following (especially TWD)
    but instead they do Tales of Borderlands and game Of Thrones... hmm well we will see how that goes

• I don't think Telltale would abandon TWD. Even if GoT is bigger, TWD is still very popular and they would be fools to abandon it because of how much money they make off of it

• this would be like if a nintendo fan would leave the company if mario games stopped being made. telltale has been around since 06 they are known for makeing adventure games based off other franchises and this is not gonna change.

Talimancer posted: »

What a good fan you are.

• Can TWD fans stop being so obnoxious? I love TWD games and comics, but A Song of Ice and Fire is a good franchise and deserves the attention it gets.

• I don't see why not?

• edited September 2014

Now that Season 2 is finished I refer back to my original comment on the first page that has 28 likes but I can now say it even stronger... No Telltale game will surpass The Walking dead's story EVER...

• You must not know anything about game of thrones if you're saying that. I'm not saying it's gonna be easy, but I think game of thrones has a great chance of surpassing the walking dead. Game of thrones has tons of different stories to be told and lots of amazing characters to explore.

Legendary12 posted: »

Now that Season 2 is finished I refer back to my original comment on the first page that has 28 likes but I can now say it even stronger... No Telltale game will surpass The Walking dead's story EVER...

• Agreed. I love TWD as much as the next guy, but as a series as a whole, Game of Thrones/ASOIAF blows TWD out of the water for me. If Telltale does well with it, I think it very well could rival, if not surpass, TWD season 1.

You must not know anything about game of thrones if you're saying that. I'm not saying it's gonna be easy, but I think game of thrones has a

• So you are telling me Game of thrones can create Iconic characters such as Lee, Clem or Kenny and win game of the year? Look I know that show if notorious for its nudity.. maybe the game will win an award for that XD but yea good luck surpassing TWD's story... Its going to take a lot...

Agreed. I love TWD as much as the next guy, but as a series as a whole, Game of Thrones/ASOIAF blows TWD out of the water for me. If Telltale does well with it, I think it very well could rival, if not surpass, TWD season 1.

• XD game of thrones is way more than nudity. It has some of the best story telling ever made and has many and can create more iconic characters than the walking dead.

So you are telling me Game of thrones can create Iconic characters such as Lee, Clem or Kenny and win game of the year? Look I know that sho

• edited September 2014

Saying Game of Thrones is just nudity is like saying TWD is just zombie killing.

It already has created iconic characters like Lee, Clem and Kenny. Plenty of times over. There's a reason the Red Wedding made people threaten to boycott just because their favourite characters were gone.

So you are telling me Game of thrones can create Iconic characters such as Lee, Clem or Kenny and win game of the year? Look I know that sho

• edited September 2014

We will see... I highly doubt it's story will be as emotionally groundbreaking as TT TWD... But I will give the game a chance..

XD game of thrones is way more than nudity. It has some of the best story telling ever made and has many and can create more iconic characters than the walking dead.

• Talking about IF the GAME can create iconic characters not the tv show.

Saying Game of Thrones is just nudity is like saying TWD is just zombie killing. It already has created iconic characters like Lee, Clem

• The game doesn't exist yet. So why are you assuming a company who's made plenty of iconic characters won't be able to do so in a series that's created plenty of them?

Talking about IF the GAME can create iconic characters not the tv show.

• Im not presuming they won't create iconic characters I am just saying I don't think they will be as iconic as TWD's characters.

The game doesn't exist yet. So why are you assuming a company who's made plenty of iconic characters won't be able to do so in a series that's created plenty of them?

• I really hope not. I just love TWD and honestly I am not a fan of GoT at all. (sorry to any GoT fans out there)

• I don't see why they wouldn't do both, and I hope so.
    I think it will impact TWD more in terms of schedule, the episodes could be released less often.

But I don't see them getting rid of TWD yet.

• They might end it after Clem's arc but I don't think they'll abandon it.

• If we play in GoT as Lee in first season and as Clem in rest seasons then I don't mind.

I joking. I hope TWD will be long series.

• i hope not, game of thrones is so boring,

• Your face is so boring

i hope not, game of thrones is so boring,

• I don't get everyone saying that they'll quit being a fan of Telltale after TWD is gone. I mean, so what? I personally don't think that the should abandon TWD, but I'm also looking forward to the great games that Telltale will likely bring us. Telltale doesn't just provide me with great stories, they provide me with openings into other great stories. When The Walking Dead game came out, I loved it and started on the comics. When Wolf Among Us came out, I went ahead and grabbed a Fables comic book and loved it. I already had the Borderlands games which are both great stories (second one at least) and I'll likely pick up the GoT books and TV Show. I men, come on. You guys know Telltale can make great stories out of anything. Just because you've never heard of these, doesn't mean you shouldn't trust Telltale. Just my two cents.

• Why is it boring?

• I hope not because The Walking Dead Game is life.

• Literly.

I hope not because The Walking Dead Game is life.

• TWD story is not groundbreaking. It's something we've seen many times before.

We will see... I highly doubt it's story will be as emotionally groundbreaking as TT TWD... But I will give the game a chance..

• That is not true at all. Both the game, comic and show are unique zombie stories.

KCohere posted: »

TWD story is not groundbreaking. It's something we've seen many times before.

• Eh, they're pretty typical as far as the zombies and character types go. What makes the game unique is how it allows you to empathize with its characters by not limiting your interactions to shooting them, but the characterizations or plot-lines themselves aren't anything extraordinary for the genre.

Especially in the second Season, where a young girl's presence is eclipsed by yet another angry 'anti-hero' figure, the contributions of strong women like Christa are minimized, mothers and girlfriends exist to die to cause their male relations grief, and kind disabled people deserve to be mistreated.

That is not true at all. Both the game, comic and show are unique zombie stories.

• Its not like GOT does any better with woman.. who are portrayed as sexual objects and nude in many episodes.

Bokor posted: »

Eh, they're pretty typical as far as the zombies and character types go. What makes the game unique is how it allows you to empathize with

• Those are the actual whores...You know women who make it their occupation to have sex for money. There are male whores as well. The female main characters in Game of Thrones are portrayed incredibly well. BTW, if you're basing your opinion of GoT off what other people say without watching the show yourself, you might just end up parroting their mistakes with no way to back up your points.

Its not like GOT does any better with woman.. who are portrayed as sexual objects and nude in many episodes.

• If anything it potrays women well, most feel annoyed they have to take a back seat to men. Cersei is a good example however the series does a good job of not making all the women perfect pretty much all of them have many flaws.

Lets face it the women portrayed like that are ether peasents or upper class women who are using it as a tool to manipulate others, Sansa spends most of the first three books learning about it to use on littlefinger.

Its not like GOT does any better with woman.. who are portrayed as sexual objects and nude in many episodes.

• Telltale shouldn't abandon The Walking Dead because it would be a big mistake. They will get less money.

• I don't know.At the television,the walking dead wins

• Never
    Clementine is a... well...
    She's a bit of a Cash
    Alt text

• i doubt they will stop making TWD games.. they even announced a Season 3 . Im sad they didnt make more Back to the Future games though..

• Look I love TWD as much as the rest of you guys but some of you TWD fans are really obnoxious. You act like no game can beat it and state it as a fact rather than your personal opinion.

On another topic, I don't think Telltale will stop TWD or will stop Game of Thrones at one season. I see TWD going on for like 2 more seasons (including s3) and Game of Thrones will probably also be a multi-season project. The more cash cows Telltale has, the better right? Lets just hope they make some room for more Wolf soon as well :)

• You act like no game can beat it and state it as a fact

Beating or even getting close to TWD Season 1 will be very very hard with their current team of writers and making the episodes as short as what we've been getting this year.

The more cash cows Telltale has, the better right?

Nope

Look I love TWD as much as the rest of you guys but some of you TWD fans are really obnoxious. You act like no game can beat it and state it

• I agree with all of this. personally, Sometimes it embarrasses me to be a TWD fan the way some people act.

Look I love TWD as much as the rest of you guys but some of you TWD fans are really obnoxious. You act like no game can beat it and state it

• game of thrones is already confirmed to have more than one season just thought i might point that out :)

but other than that i pretty much agree with everything you just said

• U Wot M8.

Alt text

Alt text

Sign in to comment in this discussion.