The Walking Dead choose-your-own adventure fanfic! (Story started, character submit still open!)

Comments

• Well now i'm anxious for Episode 2 :p

sardines posted: »

Thank you everyone for your feedback!! I'm glad you enjoyed it! Now, courtesy of InKennyWeTrust (I am stealing their idea, haha) ... I thou

• Well, at least your character is still alive! :P

Alive_Clem posted: »

Well now i'm anxious for Episode 2

• I played the music for "Next time on The Walking Dead" while reading this.

Thank you everyone for your feedback!! I'm glad you enjoyed it! Now, courtesy of InKennyWeTrust (I am stealing their idea, haha) ... I thou

• How'd that work out? Did it make it cooler? :P

Gobananas01 posted: »

I played the music for "Next time on The Walking Dead" while reading this.

• It actually made it a lot better. I chose random lines to read from while playing it and it actually worked!

How'd that work out? Did it make it cooler? :P

• This is gonna be good.

• Just submitted a character named Roman Harper.

• Haha, I'm so hyped after reading that :D Can't wait!

• I know you're busy with this and all (and it looks great). But, any news on character submission Anthony Burns?

• I finally managed to submit a character, his name is Bradley O'Cart. This fanfic is looking awesome so far :)

• Hey guys, so...sorry for the advertising, but my fan fiction didn't have enough time to gain a following before all the fan fiction threads got moved. Obviously the people here actually like fan fictions so I will advertise it here. It's called Episode 1: Times Once Lived. http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/73348/episode-1-times-once-lived. It would mean a lot to me if you guys would check it out.

• Excelent job! I can't wait for episode 2 and I can't wait to see my character :)

SOON :)

(Sorry this is late guys, I lost track of the thread! This is the final part of Chapter 1, so no votes. I would really appreciate if you cou

• When will it be released? :-o Can't wait!

• Sorry about the wait, I'm busy all today but I can promise you the first episode of chapter two will be coming either late tonight or early tomorrow! :) Get hyped!

Pipas posted: »

When will it be released? :-o Can't wait!

• Got him! Thanks!

Just submitted a character named Roman Harper.

• I got him! Thank you!

I know you're busy with this and all (and it looks great). But, any news on character submission Anthony Burns?

• Thank you for the compliment, and thanks for the submission! :D

I finally managed to submit a character, his name is Bradley O'Cart. This fanfic is looking awesome so far

• Loving your story :D I come here and check for a new part and re-read old parts a lot.

• BELIEVE THE HYPE!

Sorry about the wait, I'm busy all today but I can promise you the first episode of chapter two will be coming either late tonight or early tomorrow! Get hyped!

• Alt text

BELIEVE THE HYPE!

• Y'now what? Fuck it. I'm advertising too.
    http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/73715/the-walking-dead-camp-robinson-forum-game
    It's pretty unique, but I think if I get a good following then it'll be a lot of fun!

• I'll check it out later!

Y'now what? Fuck it. I'm advertising too. http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/73715/the-walking-dead-camp-robinson-forum-game It's pretty unique, but I think if I get a good following then it'll be a lot of fun!

• Thank you so much, your kind words really do mean a lot to me! ;_; I like your story too!

Loving your story I come here and check for a new part and re-read old parts a lot.

• edited June 2014

(So... here we go? Sorry this part might not be quite the best, and it's sort of short! I hope you enjoy it anyway!)

Chapter 2

TWO MONTHS LATER

Your name is Elias Aleman and you have made it two months into what you've quickly realized is the apocalypse. It's been difficult - but so far, ever since you've made it to the farm, you've faced no real danger aside from the ghouls that stumble across your group. The real priority right now is food - though there are still some cans left over (thankfully, the people who originally lived here had been prepared), Thalia has been having you all hunt for food in the nearby woods. So far, you haven't had to resort to killing and eating any of the cows or goats - yet. You don't doubt that soon, however, it will come to that.

You are currently on a hunting trip in those same woods - along with Uncle Pun, Jack, Rema and Markus. Although splitting up would probably be more efficient in the long run, Thalia thinks that its too risky to do so - so hunting trips are always five people, and you stick together to avoid any run-ins with the dead - or at least to make those run-ins more manageable.

As Uncle Pun leads the way, you all follow him through the trees as quietly as you possibly can. You don't want to scare away all the animals; while the first order of business on these trips is always to check the snare traps you've left to make sure nothing's gotten caught that way, you still have to shoot and bring in other game afterwards, especially if nothing's been caught.

As you emerge from the brush to the spot of the first two traps, you immediately freeze, spotting three ghouls up ahead. Two are currently eating a rabbit that's been trapped in the first of your traps; the other is devouring a squirrel.

Cursing, Pun moves forward to the two eating the rabbit, and you fall into a familiar stance beside him and pull out your butcher's knife, ready to dispatch whichever one he doesn't. Jack follows you, while Rema and Markus move to the other ghoul.

Pun swings his axe at the first of the dead, slicing into its head and killing it instantly. You stab the other in the head right afterwards, just as it starts to turn around, and then pull your weapon out, letting its unmoving form fall to the ground.

When you turn to the others, you see they've dispatched their rioter too. Rema frowns at you, clearly displeased. "These traps aren't working. They always end up getting to them before we do." She speaks quietly, still careful not to alert the whole forest.

"That's not true," Markus says to his cousin, though he sounds half-hearted. "We've gotten quite a few kills out of these that the dead haven't gotten. There aren't many of those things out here in the woods, anyway."

"Maybe if we checked the traps more often, this wouldn't happen," you try, but Rema just shakes her head, sighing. "Maybe," is all she says.

"It's already dangerous enough leaving Stephany and whoever else is there that day alone at the farm for so long," Jack says. "I don't know that I want to go on any more trips than necessary."

"Maybe if you would let Stephany come on the trips," Rema murmurs. Her tone isn't argumentative - instead, it's just hesitant. That topic is a bit of a sore spot for Jack now; he's been told many times that he should let Stephany go out and hunt - she's been taught to shoot by Alice, after all - but so far he hasn't given in. He seems to be getting closer, though; this time, he says nothing and doesn't argue, just looks away with a troubled expression.

You're about to open your mouth to say something to him when a gunshot makes you jerk backwards, stumbling at the loudness of it. In front of you, Markus crumples to the ground, bleeding from his chest - he's been shot. Rema screams and moves to grab him, as Jack whips his head around beside you, searching for the source of the noise.

Before any of you have much more chance to react, a large of group of maybe ten people emerges from the woods, effectively surrounding you.

"Give us everything you have right now, or you'll all end up like your friend here," says one of the guys who looks to be the leader; he's about 6 feet tall and wears a blood-stained leather jacket. His voice is cold, and you don't think you'll be reasoning with him.

You look at Jack, eyes wide. You're carrying a lot of stuff here - two of the group's three rifles, two handguns, and all of the other melee weapons you've all got on you for defense. In addition, you have a great deal of the medical supplies in your bag - Alice had insisted you take them in case of emergencies. Markus will probably need this stuff; giving it away could mean a death sentence for him.

"Now!" growls an older man - probably in his 60s - from just behind the bandit's leader; he looks to be the second in command.

You count - there are eight of them, and five - well, four, since Markus is out of commission at the moment - of you. And at least the leader appears to be carrying a gun; you aren't sure about the others.

[Give them all of your stuff - your backpacks and all of your weapons.]

[Try to talk them into leaving you alone.]

[Run away and try to escape.]

[Pull out your gun and shoot the leader in the head, then try to fight off the others.]

[Pull out your gun and shoot the leader in the head, then try to escape.]

• SO MANY CHOICES! Okay, I'll go with...

[Pull out your gun and shoot the leader in the head, then try to fight off the others.]

(So... here we go? Sorry this part might not be quite the best, and it's sort of short! I hope you enjoy it anyway!) Chapter 2 TWO MON

• Sorry about that!! :P I've been trying to stick to just two, but it was hard in this case.

Pipas posted: »

SO MANY CHOICES! Okay, I'll go with... [Pull out your gun and shoot the leader in the head, then try to fight off the others.]

• I have no idea what I'm doing. Going to regret this probably ;__;

• [Pull out your gun and shoot the leader in the head, then try to fight off the others.]

• No problem. I actually like more choices, at least I have to think about it for a while. It was just surprising to see 5 of them. :-)

Sorry about that!! :P I've been trying to stick to just two, but it was hard in this case.

• Time for regret :D

• [Pull out your gun and shoot the leader in the head, then try to fight off the others.]

I think that things will get worse

• [Pull out your gun and shoot the leader in the head, then try to escape.]

• [Pull out your gun and shoot the leader in the head, then try to escape] so I can regret it later.

• [Pull out your gun and shoot the leader in the head, then try to escape.] Not sure how much this will work, but I'm hoping it will. Fingers crossed.

(So... here we go? Sorry this part might not be quite the best, and it's sort of short! I hope you enjoy it anyway!) Chapter 2 TWO MON

As quickly as you can, you pull your gun out from your pocket and fire at the bandit leader. Unfortunately, you miss his head in your haste - but you still get him in the neck, and he makes a choked noise as he stumbles, moving one hand to the wound in a feeble attempt to stop the now-gushing blood. "Dan!" yells a bandit wearing a mask, as he rushes forward angrily. He raises his own gun and shoots, and from beside you Uncle Pun jerks back, though he doesn't make a noise - you're guessing he's been shot, too.

"Shit!" you hear Jack say, and you try and motion for him to get down - he doesn't have a gun - as you try and shoot the guy with the gun. Rema moves forward beside you and fires a bullet into the guy's kneecap, and he screams, staggering; Uncle Pun lifts his own rifle and points it at the bandits. Jack reaches towards his backpack as if he has a gun there he's about to pull out, too; you're grateful for his bluff.

The older looking bandit raises a handgun and fires a single bullet before seeming to realize how many guns you guys have; then, taking a step back, he barks an order to the other bandits. "Go! Turn back!" The guy who Rema just kneecapped screams a string of curses at him before actually speaking coherently - "What?! What the fuck are you saying?! They fucking shot at us!" but the older man shakes his head, growling.

"Shut the fuck up, Freddie! They have more guns than us! Turn the fuck around!"

"I'm not running!" Freddie shouts back angrily - just as a rioter lumbers out of the trees and sinks its teeth into the back of his shoulder. He cries out in panic and falls, the monster beginning to devour him even as he continues to struggle and scream in agony.

Suddenly there's chaos as more of the dead appear, obviously drawn by the gunfire, and both you and the bandits are scrambling to get away. There are dead behind you, too, closing in fast. "Shit!" Jack yells to the others, "Just run! Split up, so they have more targets! We'll meet back up!"

You and he take off towards your right, weaving around two biters in your way, and break into a run through the trees. It isn't long before you escape immediate danger and change direction, heading back towards the farm.

After a few minutes of running, you emerge from the woods at the edge of the farm and skid to a stop, panting. You'd run the whole way just in case - better to be sure that bandits (or rioters) would have a hard time following you.

Thalia, who had been keeping watch at the back end of the farm, climbs down from the cabin roof and runs over to you, probably sensing your lingering panic.

"What's going on?" she asks when she reaches you. "Where are the others?"

"Bandits attacked us in the woods," you say. "Then the gunfire attracted some of the dead. We had to run."

Stephany, who has run out of the cabin and just reached your side, hugs her brother for a moment and then pulls away, looking worried. "I'm fine, Stephany," Jack tells her with a small smile.

Jen walks up after her; since Alice was on front watch today, Jen had been looking after Stephany. "I'm glad you're okay," she says to you.

"I'm not going anywhere, Jen," you tell her.

"That's a shame," she laughs. "I guess I'll never be rid of my annoying brother, huh?"

You can tell her jests are to hide her concern; even if she hadn't heard your explanation, she's surely noticed that the others aren't with you by now. Still, you laugh in return and give her a playful shove. "Yep. You're stuck with me."

Heavy footsteps from behind you make you turn around just in time to see Rema and Uncle Pun come out of the trees at not quite as fast a pace as you and Jack had gone. You're concerned but not surprised to see Uncle Pun clutching a bleeding wound on his lower stomach - you'd seen him get shot earlier - but you are surprised that Rema appears to be bleeding from her shoulder.

"What happened?" you ask.

"The old guy shot me right before the dead showed up," she tells you, voice slightly pained - but she seems to be holding out pretty well, considering. You guess that explains the single bullet he had fired.

"Where's Markus?" Jack asks; Rema looks guilty. "I thought he was right behind me," she says. "But we must have gotten separated..." She trails off, grabbing at her shoulder with a painful expression; Pun is also still bleeding slightly from his own wound, though he isn't complaining about it - and Jen seems to notice this.

"You both need to let Alice have a look at you," Jen says; ever since she'd found that book on first aid, Alice had been the groups go-to 'medic' of sorts - though of course she's nothing compared to a real, trained doctor. Still, you know that she does her best with what she has. Jen starts to lead them both away towards the front of the barn - but before she can get very far, you stop her. "Wait - take this." You hand over your backpack, still full of various medical supplies, and she nods before continuing to help those two make their way to Alice. Stephany follows her, offering her own help as well.

After they're a good distance away, Jack speaks up, voice troubled. "Thalia, Markus was pretty badly hurt," he says. "He got shot in the chest - I think it might have gotten one of his lungs."

You remember also that he had the second of the rifles you had taken with you, though you don't voice this concern, figuring it would sound insensitive when the main worry should be his wellbeing.

"Should we... go back for him?" you ask Thalia hesitantly, frowning. Jack nods to you in support of your suggestion, adding, "He might need our help."

"It hasn't been very long since the others got back," Thalia says. "As far as we know, Markus could get back on his own any minute." She looks out at the woods. "Still, it might not be safe for him to be out there alone for very long. There's risks either way."

"He could be hurt," Jack murmurs.

"That's true," she replies. "I'll leave the decision up to you two. If you want to go back out now to try and find him, I won't stop you - so long as you both go together, that is - but if you want to wait a little while until someone else can come with you, you can do that too. It's up to you."

Jack nods, then turns to you. "Eli, what do you think?" he asks. "What should we do?"

[We need to go back out and look for Markus now. Risky or not, he could be in trouble.]

[We should wait a while, until we can take someone else with us. It's not safe going out there with just the two of us, and we won't be any help to Markus if we get hurt, too.]

• edited June 2014

[We should wait a while, until we can take someone else with us. It's not safe going out there with just the two of us, and we won't be any help to Markus if we get hurt, too.]

I know I am going to regret this but if Jack and Eli get hurt then there is no chance for anyone. Anyone in the group at least.

[Pull out your gun and shoot the leader in the head, then try to fight off the others.] As quickly as you can, you pull your gun out from

• [We need to go back out and look for Markus now. Risky or not, he could be in trouble.]

[Pull out your gun and shoot the leader in the head, then try to fight off the others.] As quickly as you can, you pull your gun out from

• By the way, since you're sort of a major ish character, or as major as you can be, how are you liking your portrayal so far? You aren't upset by anything, right? I know I can't expect it to be perfect since all I have is a few word description of your personality to go off of, but I do hope it's not completely out in left field is all :P

[We should wait a while, until we can take someone else with us. It's not safe going out there with just the two of us, and we won't be any

• [We should wait a while, until we can take someone else with us. It's not safe going out there with just the two of us, and we won't be any help to Markus if we get hurt, too.]

Sign in to comment in this discussion.