The Walking Dead choose-your-own adventure fanfic! (Story started, character submit still open!)

Comments

• [we should wait]

• [EJ and Markus are right.]

sardines posted: »

[Get Jack to pull Miguel away, and shoot Gabrielle in the head.] "Jack," you mumble. "Come... help me." You've raised the gun now, and he

• I'm probably going to regret this later, but.. [E.J. and Markus are right. We should wait.]

• Good job :)

(Just a reminder that "Rema" is AllThatRemains. :P Also, no voting for this part, sorry! The people have spoken. So this is part 1 of 2.)

• Just submitted my character! I hope it won`t take forever to my character to appear. This is the 4th story I take part in. Really obsessed with those, lol.

I think that [E.J. and Markus are right. We should wait until things quiet down and we can actually see what we're doing before trying to leave.]

• Against the grain :D

[ "Thalia and Jen are right. We need to leave now. There's no telling how long until they break in." ]

• [ "Thalia and Jen are right. We need to leave now. There's no telling how long until they break in." ]

[Get Jack to pull Miguel away, and shoot Gabrielle in the head.] "Jack," you mumble. "Come... help me." You've raised the gun now, and he

• [Get Jack to pull Miguel away, and shoot Gabrielle in the head.]

You follow him and Rema back to the office, which is more spacious than you were anticipating, and immediately see three people sat on the f

• [ "Thalia and Jen are right. We need to leave now. There's no telling how long until they break in." ]

• Sardines just checking if you saw my character, did you?

• Oh! Yeah, sorry! It might be a while before you're added, but eventually you will be!

Sardines just checking if you saw my character, did you?

• I hope you saw my character too.

Oh! Yeah, sorry! It might be a while before you're added, but eventually you will be!

• (?) Gustav will remember that you were nice to him

Oh! Yeah, sorry! It might be a while before you're added, but eventually you will be!

• edited June 2014

[ "Thalia and Jen are right. We need to leave now. There's no telling how long until they break in." ]

Also submitted my character, but I guess it'll take forever for her to appear. How many characters who haven't showed up yet do you have there anyway? :-P

• As of your submission... 79. :P Part of why the next part's taking me so long, I'm trying to figure out a way to incorporate more characters - I may just wait until chapter 2, though, and work with who I have right now. Still not sure! Decisions are hard.

Probably your character won't show up until chapter 2 or chapter 3, though... being 79th in line and all. :P

Pipas posted: »

[ "Thalia and Jen are right. We need to leave now. There's no telling how long until they break in." ] Also submitted my character, but I

• Submitted a character. I don't mind waiting, this is really fun to read. B)

• [ "E.J. and Markus are right. We should wait until things quiet down and we can actually see what we're doing before trying to leave." ]

This have been a interesting read, I am mighty impressed. Submitted a character while I was at it.
    Keep it up! \o/

• edited June 2014

• [ "Thalia and Jen are right. We need to leave now. There's no telling how long until they break in." ] If those things break the windows, it's over, we gotta leave. Miguel can morn Gabrielle later (not saying this in a mean way, but it has to happen)

• edited June 2014

I agree, man.

[ "Thalia and Jen are right. We need to leave now. There's no telling how long until they break in." ] If those things break the windows, i

I agree, man.

• (Sorry if this part seems out of place or doesn't 'mesh' well with the rest, I've got a pretty bad fever right now but I figured I'd been putting this off for too long because of being sick and might as well write something anyway. :P So please excuse any oddities.)

"Thalia and Jen are right. We need to leave now. There's no telling how long until they break in."

"I think we should leave now," you speak up. "There's no telling how long it'll be until they break in. Staying here could be even more dangerous than trying to leave."

"I agree with Eli," Jack says, and you look at him, silently thanking for the support.

"Yeah, the kid has a point," AJ agrees with you. "It'd be better to get out of here before things get even worse. We don't know for sure if things even would quiet down."

Uncle Pun nods. "Waiting might very well be suicide."

E.J. sighs and crosses his arms, shrugging. "Fine. Whatever you all think is right the right choice. But what about..."

But when you all look at Miguel again, this time his gaze has moved from Gabrielle's body. "I can leave now with you all," he says quietly. "She... she would want me to survive. We can come back for her body when the military clears things up. We just need to make sure they can't get in here to her."

You almost voice your doubts to him - that maybe Jack is right and the military won't be coming through and fixing things anytime soon - but you stop yourself, instead simply sharing a silent look with Jack. Neither of you say anything.

"There's no other way out of this building than the front doors," Markus says softly.

"Then we'll have to fight our way out," Thalia says. "Out of the city, preferably. They said on the news to leave - and we probably don't want to be here when the government does roll through, because they won't know who's infected and who isn't. We can't know that we won't get fired on."

"Okay," AJ says. "Then we need a plan. Which direction are we trying for?"

You, Jack, Jen, Stephany, Rema and Alice all remain quiet as the adults talk it out; in the end, they decide to head south, as you've got the least distance to go before you make it out of town that way.

Miguel stands up from beside Gabrielle's body and picks her up, setting her in the corner with her back to the wall and folding her arms over her chest. Were it not for the chunks missing from her flesh and the hole blown into her head, you might say she looked like she was sleeping. It's a little hard to look past all the blood and gore, though. You briefly consider moving Dixie, too, but you don't want to risk touching her - who knows if you might get infected that way - and no one else moves to do anything, so she stays there on the floor.

"I'm ready," Miguel says, and with a nod, AJ leads all of you to the front of the store. The rioters are still there, trying to get in - but Thalia, E.J., Markus and Uncle Pun all ignore them and move forward to push the barricades away from the main door. As soon as it's done, Thalia moves to the door to open it, bat at the ready - but Pun stops her. "Wait," he says. "I've got the shotgun. Let me go first; I can take out as many as possible near the door."

She nods in affirmation, and he moves past, her yanking open the door. Immediately, one of the creeps who had been pounding on it moves forward, but Pun fires off his shotgun into its head and then moves out of the store and points it at the next one who comes close, firing at it. Now that the doorway is open, Thalia surges forward and out of it, and soon you're all outside, fighting your way through the small crowd of monsters in an attempt to at least make it to the road. Since you, Stephany and Jack were the last out, the others take care of most of the ghouls before you can get to them; but as you watch, one of them grabs Alice by her long blonde hair. You raise your gun in an instant and, not allowing yourself any time to hesitate or worry about whether or not you might hit her, take a deep breath and shoot the ghoul. You miss, hitting it in the shoulder, but it's enough to make it jerk back a little, and that enables Alice to break free of its grip, spinning and shooting it in the head.

But as you all continue to try and make it to the street, it starts to become clear that this might have been a bad idea. There are a lot of them - and though there are a lot of you, too, it might not be enough. Uncle Pun is close to being swarmed by them - the noise of his shotgun is probably drawing more to him - and Miguel seems to be in pretty bad shape, with nothing but a small dagger to defend himself with.

As soon as you've thought that, one of the monsters manages to grab Miguel, and you see it take a chomp at his outstretched arm. Then two or three more are on him, all while he fights desperately to get away. "Miguel!" AJ calls, and he moves to his side, swinging his axe at the creeps. You don't know if he hasn't seen that Miguel was bitten, or if he just doesn't care. But even as he tries to help, he's engulfed by the crowd, and you hear him - or maybe Miguel, you aren't sure - let out a scream as both are overtaken by the rioters.

"Holy shit!" you gasp, and start to run towards them, but Jack grabs your shoulder.

"Eli, stop!" he says, and as you turn to look at him, you see his expression is grim. You whip your head back to stare at the crowd, trying to pinpoint Miguel and AJ's locations. "You can't help them!" Jack tells you.

But Uncle Pun seems to have other ideas. He's managed to make his way to their side and is firing off with his shotgun; now almost all of the monsters are converging on that spot, probably because of either the noise or swarm mentality or both, and you realize just how much danger your uncle is in. "Uncle Pun!" you call desperately, shrugging off the hand on your shoulder and trying to move to help him. A creep lumbers forward in your way, and you hack at its head with your cleaver; before you can get another foot, another is there, which Thalia beats down with her bat.

"This way!" she says, and breaks into a run through a path that's opened up through the crowd not that more and more of the monsters have started converging on Pun; Jen follows her to the street along with the others, probably not aware of what was happening to your uncle. Jack tugs you in that direction too, Stephany also in tow, but you plant your feet into the ground and turn to look at Pun. "Uncle Pun!" you say again; you're alone now - all the others have moved on to the street through the path. As you watch, one of the creeps manages to get close enough to snap its jaws near his arm - you can't tell if it's actually bitten him or not, though. You can tell that the odds aren't in his favor, what with the number of monsters surrounding him and you all already escaping without him.

You see the expression on his face change as he continues to shoot at the rioters which are now swarming him - it seems like he's realized the same thing you have, that his chances of getting out alive are not good. "Get out of here!" he yells to you over the moans and growls of the ghouls. "I can distract them! Eli, just run!"

[Do as your uncle wishes and leave him behind in order to escape.]

[Try to save Uncle Pun anyway.]

• Thank you, I'm glad you're enjoying it! :D

Spookers posted: »

Submitted a character. I don't mind waiting, this is really fun to read.

• Thank you so much for the feedback and the character submission! :D I will indeed keep it up, lol.

BonnluffarN posted: »

[ "E.J. and Markus are right. We should wait until things quiet down and we can actually see what we're doing before trying to leave." ]

• [Do as your uncle wishes and leave him behind in order to escape.]

As much as I want to save him, it's another Pete(Saved Pete) situation. You can go back, which I did, but he still tells you to go anyway. I don't want to risk it, he has already accepted his fate. Sorry Puncake :(.

(Sorry if this part seems out of place or doesn't 'mesh' well with the rest, I've got a pretty bad fever right now but I figured I'd been pu

• [Try to save Uncle Pun anyway.]

(Sorry if this part seems out of place or doesn't 'mesh' well with the rest, I've got a pretty bad fever right now but I figured I'd been pu

• |] Do as your uncle wishes and leave him behind in order to escape. [|
    Ah, such tomato. Such pineapple.

• I am so confused by that last statement.

BonnluffarN posted: »

|] Do as your uncle wishes and leave him behind in order to escape. [| Ah, such tomato. Such pineapple.

• I think he is talking about Uncle Puns taste in fruits...

I am so confused by that last statement.

• [Try to save Uncle Pun anyway.] We have to try!

• Seems fair enough, no idea what I meant with it. Just feelt to add something to spice the apple cake up with.

I think he is talking about Uncle Puns taste in fruits...

• Lol, of course you would say that, you're voting on your own fate! :P

Puncake32 posted: »

[Try to save Uncle Pun anyway.] We have to try!

• We are gonna get a Uncle Pete moment If I'm bitten and If he saves me.

Lol, of course you would say that, you're voting on your own fate! :P

• edited June 2014

WE NEED ANSWERS SARDINES

#SAVEUNCLEPUN

Puncake32 posted: »

We are gonna get a Uncle Pete moment If I'm bitten and If he saves me.

• [Try to save Uncle Pun anyway.] No one left behind! Besides, unfortunately, Miguel is probably dead, and A.J.'s chances aren't good .We gotta try to save someone!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.