The Walking Dead choose-your-own adventure fanfic! (Story started, character submit still open!)

Comments

• Your characters were some of the most in-depth submitted yet, thank you! But I have a question - if you were the submitter of Cynthia Davis and Matthew Davis (and I apologize if not!), are they meant to be siblings or father and daughter? I can't quite tell what with their ages!

By the way, I put two sets of clothing for my characters because I didn't know if it was Winter or Summer in the game yet.

• Well, thanks for submitting! :) I figure it'd be weird to see on here either way, haha.

CathalOHara posted: »

Submitted mine there, I'm going by my stage name (I'm an actor) so it'll be partially weird seeing it on here.

• That link won't work for me..

• Is this any better?
    docs.google.com/forms/d/16wAtlfsv9IwtnqXEX5e5JjIw3ICCD1WlFA8krHr6M8M/viewform

ZackOnCrack posted: »

That link won't work for me..

• I submitted a character. Let's see how this goes.

• That worked. Thanks!

sardines posted: »

Is this any better? docs.google.com/forms/d/16wAtlfsv9IwtnqXEX5e5JjIw3ICCD1WlFA8krHr6M8M/viewform

• Thanks! And yes, they were father and daughter! Sorry if I didn't edit Matthew in time and he's still 25, because I changed it to 30-something.

Your characters were some of the most in-depth submitted yet, thank you! But I have a question - if you were the submitter of Cynthia Davis

• (Sidenote: Like I said before, I'll be giving 'real names,' or at least real-sounding names, to people who simply submitted their forum names. AllThatRemains will be 'Rema.')

[Go to help the woman]

"Please, Elias!" Alice says, and you give in. You take a few steps towards the man but he raises the gun, pointing it more firmly at the two of you.

"No!" he says, sounding panicked, and starting to cry. "Stay away! You can't have this! It's mine!"

"We don't want your gun," you tell him. "We just want to help!"

"Then stay the fuck away!" he sobs.

You and Alice glance at each other, unsure what to do. You're just about to whisper something to her when --

The man screams, and you snap your gaze to him just in time to see the woman has lunged from where she had been slumped against the counter to grab him and tear out his throat. She's - god, she's eating him! The gun clatters from his hands, sliding a few feet towards you; he continues to scream for a second or two more as she claws and bites at his flesh before he falls silent and limp, clearly dead.

You're not sure what's happening, but you stumble backwards, bumping into Alice and knocking the both of you to the ground. There's no argument this time - you both simply scramble upwards, Alice grabbing the gun in the process, and sprint off for the exit together, both scared out of your minds. You dart out of the exit and run around the corner of the store, before you stop in the shadow of the dumpsters along the side of the store, effectively semi-hidden, panting and staring wide-eyed at Alice.

"What the fuck just happened?!" you gasp.

"I don't know," she says. "They mentioned -- riots, on the radio, people killing other people, but -- but I didn't expect..."

"Something's gone wrong," you say. "That type of shit isn't supposed to happen. Do you think... was she sick? Rabies, maybe?"

"I don't know," she says again. "Maybe."

You're both silent for a long while, glancing around you somewhat wildly as if expecting someone like the woman in the store to attack you at any minute. But no one does. Alice turns the gun over and over in her hands. You know absolutely nothing about guns, but you're pretty sure it's a handgun of some kind, since it's somewhat small.

Finally you break the silence. "Where are the others?" you ask quietly. "No one else showed up at the meeting spot."

"I don't know about Rema or Aaron, but Jack was the one who drove me here," Alice murmurs. "He went back home to check on his sister."

"I'd be worried too if I was him," you reply with a frown. "I just hope they're both alright."

"I'm sure they are," Alice says, smiling weakly at you. That's Alice - optimistic until the end.

"I hope you're right," you tell her. "Should we call Jack? Was he planning on coming back here afterwards?"

"Yes, he was. He's my ride home, after all."

Nodding, you pull out your phone and dial his number. It rings for a long time without an answer, before cutting to voicemail.

"Shit," you mutter to Alice. "He didn't pick up." You leave a brief voicemail for him asking him to call you back, but you aren't sure he's going to hear it.

"What should we do?" Alice asks you.

"I don't know," you say. "We could try and walk back to my house and hole out there until all of this clears up. But if Jack's planning on meeting us back here, maybe we should wait for him."

What will you do?

[Wait for Jack] OR [Go home] ?

• edited May 2014

I'll submit a character! I've always wanted to do one of these.

EDIT: I got mixed up at one of the questions, I thought it was asking what group would suit them more, I don't really care when it comes to what kind of group he ends up in, if you want to have him join the main group I'm sure he would!

• [Wait for Jack]

It may not be safe out there, it would be better to wait for reinforcements. Also is Alice, Elias' girlfirend? Best friend? Or friend? Or is Elias a girl?...
    Sorry maybe I'm not paying attention...

(Sidenote: Like I said before, I'll be giving 'real names,' or at least real-sounding names, to people who simply submitted their forum name

• Just did it! A fan character.

I'll submit a character! I've always wanted to do one of these. EDIT: I got mixed up at one of the questions, I thought it was asking wha

• Elias is a boy, Alice is one of his closest friends, but not his best best friend. Jack is probably his best friend. Sorry if it wasn't made clear! Also, Jack and Alice are of course both submitted characters, but Elias is not.

I was considering shipping haha, so I did make it sort of an implied thing, but I still might not ship anyone together at all! Who knows.

[Wait for Jack] It may not be safe out there, it would be better to wait for reinforcements. Also is Alice, Elias' girlfirend? Best friend? Or friend? Or is Elias a girl?... Sorry maybe I'm not paying attention...

• Ah okay. Thanks for clearing that up! You're doing great so far!

I have to admit though, I love shipping XD

Elias is a boy, Alice is one of his closest friends, but not his best best friend. Jack is probably his best friend. Sorry if it wasn't made

• [Go home]

Sorry jack, but staying on the street is a bad plan, especially since your right next to a mall, in a city, where you all really know is there is at least one whateveryoucallit nearby.

What are they being called by the way? Do you know yet? Or will you just go with zombie or walker or something?

• I know they probably won't call them zombies, and I'm a little loath to use "walker." So probably something else, something the characters come up with. This takes place in Kansas, not the Georgia area, so they'd likely have different names for zombies there (besides the usual "walkers" or "lurkers.")

Shadusnox posted: »

[Go home] Sorry jack, but staying on the street is a bad plan, especially since your right next to a mall, in a city, where you all reall

• edited May 2014

[wait for Jack]

Yeah,I'm a bit too nice.

(Sidenote: Like I said before, I'll be giving 'real names,' or at least real-sounding names, to people who simply submitted their forum name

• Wait for Jack

• ChateauChateau Banned

Is elias based on the girl here? I think it is a girl?

• How about moaners? Or ghouls? Or wanderers? The undying! The reborn? The sickened, followers, consumers, the bare, the returned, husks, hollows, fleshstalkers, the lost, ONEOFTHEMTHINGSOHGODMAKEITLEAVE!!! You can tell I think about alternate names for the dead too much for a normal person can't you? Maybe this will help you find a name for them, or come up with one yourself. It's fun!

I know they probably won't call them zombies, and I'm a little loath to use "walker." So probably something else, something the characters c

• Nah, Elias was just the main character i came up with for this. Didn't realize there was someone on here named Elias until after :P

Chateau posted: »

Is elias based on the girl here? I think it is a girl?

• I was thinking about ghouls actually! Those are all really good suggestions also though, I hope you don't mind if I end up using one or two of them! It is fun to think about possible names for zombies, haha.

How about moaners? Or ghouls? Or wanderers? The undying! The reborn? The sickened, followers, consumers, the bare, the returned, husks, holl

• Feel free to use any you like, it would be nice to see my wasted time actually accomplish something :D

I was thinking about ghouls actually! Those are all really good suggestions also though, I hope you don't mind if I end up using one or two of them! It is fun to think about possible names for zombies, haha.

• [Wait for Jack]

• [Wait for Jack]

"We should wait for Jack. It's just too risky to try and walk home. We don't know what's out there." Alice nods at your words, clearly agreeing with you.

"Besides," you add. "You've ... you've got that gun now. If anyone tries anything..."

"What, you want me to shoot people?!" Alice cuts in, looking shocked.

"No, of course not! Not unless you really have to. I mean... people will be less likely to mess with us if they see you've got a gun." You hope.

You're also hoping you won't have to worry about that at all, but you never know. "At least with a gun, you can scare people off."

"That's true, I guess," she sighs. "I just hope it won't have to come to that."

You nod. "Me, too."

Jack only lives about five minutes away by car, so you wonder what's taking him so long. Maybe something went wrong back at his house. In any case, he isn't going to see the two of you when you're hiding like this. You gesture for Alice to follow you around to the front.

"Are you sure?" she asks, sounding worried. "What if someone attacks us?"

"If there were any bad people around, we'd have seen them by now, wouldn't we? We'll be fine. Jack can't see us if we're over there, anyway."

She doesn't argue with you, but she doesn't agree either. You sigh, stepping out of the shadows and walking around to the front of the building, checking back over your shoulder once to make sure she's following you.

Once there, things are silent for a moment until you hear screams coming from inside the building. You and Alice look at each other, eyes wide, listening to the sounds for a moment before she turns to face the door and speaks.

"Elias, we have a gun - don't you think maybe we should help th--?"

Just then the noise of a car on gravel interrupts her, and you turn to see Jack pulling up in his pick up. You wave to him and jog over to where he's parked, and Alice reluctantly follows you. You can see his sister, Stephany, in the passenger seat; she's a small girl with long brown hair, quite a few years younger than you. (If you remember correctly, she's 13.)

Jack opens his door and gets out, closing it behind him as he walks the few feet to your side. "You both alright?" he asks immediately, and you nod.

"We're fine, Jack. We should be asking you that question. You got to Stephany okay?"

"Yeah. Thank God I got there when I did; there were... those things ... trying to knock down the door. I fought them off and got her out of there," Jack tells you. You scan your friend for any signs of an injury, but he looks fine. Thank goodness. "What about your sister? Is she okay?"
    "Uncle Pun was taking her out today for her birthday today," you say. Pun isn't really your uncle's name - but it's what you called him back when you were a toddler and couldn't pronounce his real one, and the name just stuck. Everyone calls him that now, even the guys he works with at the police station.

"He'll keep her safe, I know it," you continue. "Although..." You pull out your phone and check the time. "Shit. They were supposed to get back about 20 minutes ago."

"Do you think he would have taken her home, with everything going on?" Alice asks you, looking concerned.

"I don't know," you answer. "Could be that they don't know what's happening yet. Maybe I should go home and check on her."

"Eli, buddy, I don't think that's a good idea," Jack says quickly. "You live in one of the busiest neighborhoods in the city. Don't you think there's more of a chance of riots there? I think we should try somewhere else - either my house, or Alice's, or something."

"I have to make sure Jen's alright," you tell him firmly. "I have to go home."

"You said yourself that she'll be safe with your uncle. Maybe we should try and go somewhere a little safer..."

"We don't know that he won't take her back to the house anyway," you reply. "Or that they aren't waiting for me there. Come on, Jack, you of all people should know what I mean! You went back for your sister!"

"Elias has a point, Jack," Alice says quietly, though she does not say much else.

Jack sighs and turns to look back at his car, where Stephany is looking on with wide eyes - you aren't sure if she's hearing your conversation or not, though. "Listen, man," he says. "Are you sure about this? Whatever you feel like you need to do, I'll back you. But you need to think about this before you make any rash decisions."

What will you do?

[Go home to check on Jen and Uncle Pun] OR [Listen to Jack] ?

• I'm guessing Stephany is Alive_Clem, and Uncle Pun is Puncake :D.

[Go home to check on Jen and Uncle Pun]

[Wait for Jack] "We should wait for Jack. It's just too risky to try and walk home. We don't know what's out there." Alice nods at your w

• Yep! :D Both of those are correct! And Jen is imighthavebrokenit.

I'm guessing Stephany is Alive_Clem, and Uncle Pun is Puncake . [Go home to check on Jen and Uncle Pun]

• Of course :D. How do you know though? We only put in our character names, not our usernames.

Anyway you're doing really good, more people need to see this thread, because it needs more people! Prepare for bumps "soon."

Yep! Both of those are correct! And Jen is imighthavebrokenit.

• Actually a very small amount of people put usernames instead of character names haha, by accident I guess! And a few put both (like "Stephany (Alive_Clem)" etc.) So the few people who didn't get the memo and just put usernames, like Puncake and AllThatRemains, I'm doing my best to think up new names for so it makes sense in the story (so Uncle Pun and Rema.)

Thank you, I'm glad you're enjoying it! And thanks for the bumps haha, I'll look forward to them "soon." Are we talking Telltale soon? :P

Of course . How do you know though? We only put in our character names, not our usernames. Anyway you're doing really good, more people need to see this thread, because it needs more people! Prepare for bumps "soon."

• Go home to check on Jen and Uncle Pun.

[Wait for Jack] "We should wait for Jack. It's just too risky to try and walk home. We don't know what's out there." Alice nods at your w

• No not Telltale soon.

BUMP

• If there is ever a Jen, then I am probably that Jen.

Yep! Both of those are correct! And Jen is imighthavebrokenit.

• Go home to check on Uncle Pun and Jen.

• edited May 2014

[Go home to check on Jen and Uncle Pun]

Uncle Pun is not a name to be trusted (ok, just kidding). I hope Jen and Pun are fine...

I just submitted my character, I hope to see him "soon" (but not telltale soon) XD

• Sigh looks like we're going home I would've listened to jack personally

• [Check on Jen and Uncle Pun]

• The first thing in a ZA story EVER is going to find the loved ones! (parents, sons, daugthers, wife, etc) So its normal that everybody choose to look after Jen and Pun instead of listening Jack :)

Sigh looks like we're going home I would've listened to jack personally

• Oh hey, I forgot to ask - are David and Charles brothers? or is David Charles's kid? :? I'm confused, since Charles is 22 and David is 10.

Chronos1234 posted: »

[Go home to check on Jen and Uncle Pun] Uncle Pun is not a name to be trusted (ok, just kidding). I hope Jen and Pun are fine... I just submitted my character, I hope to see him "soon" (but not telltale soon) XD

• edited May 2014

Charles Kid

EDIT: Ops my mistake... I note that but I forgot to edit the Charles age... I want to put him 30 years old... Its because a created first Charles, then I think that he needs some family or something like that but then I forget to edit the Charles age :P

Oh hey, I forgot to ask - are David and Charles brothers? or is David Charles's kid? :? I'm confused, since Charles is 22 and David is 10.

• [Go home to check on Jen and Uncle Pun]

"I'm sure," you tell him. "Let's go."

Jack doesn't argue with you, just nods and moves back to car, opening the back door for you two to pile in. Then he slams it shut and takes his place in the driver's seat.

"You still alright, Steph?" you hear him mumble to his sister as he turns the keys in the ignition. "Holding up okay?"

"Yeah," Stephany replies, smiling, though she still looks a little scared. "You don't have to worry about me. I can--"

"You can take care of yourself, I know," he laughs, pulling out of the parking lot and starting down the road towards your neighborhood.

Since your house is within an hour's walk of the place, it isn't very far at all by car, only about 2 or 3 miles. As you drive down the busy street you're surprised to see it's fairly empty - probably because it just leads further into town. You're sure a lot of people are taking the roads out just about now, trying to get out before things go completely to shit with the riots and whatnot.

Further up the road, however, Jack slows down as you pass a group of people on the side of the road. There's a tall woman with short brown hair and holding a baseball bat in her hands, and stubble-faced man wearing a hat standing just behind her. The woman's struggling to fight off another person - another woman, you think, judging by the long blonde hair, but you can't tell, because she's covered almost head to toe in blood, old and new, and her face looks... rotted. A fourth person, just as blood-covered as the third, is approaching as well, currently a few feet away from the two - and judging by the way he's moving, he isn't there to give them all a big hug.

Alice looks at you in the back seat. "Wait -- maybe we should--"

"Shouldn't we help them?" Stephany asks worriedly. "Jack, we should stop!"

As soon as she says that, though, the brown-haired woman manages to shove the woman away from her, and then raises the bat over her head, bringing it down hard onto her attacker's head. Stephany cries out in shock in the front seat, as Alice does the same, only it's a quieter, breathier noise. The woman hits the -- monster two, three - four times, before it collapses at her feet. She swings the bat at the other one, this time dispatching it in one shot.

"Still think they need our help?" Jack asks, and he sounds genuine, not sarcastic at all. The man in the hat turns and spots you, still moving at a very slow pace down the road past them, and he attempts to wave you over. You can see that he's calling out to you, though you can't hear him because the windows are down.

"We should stop," Alice says. "Maybe they need a ride."

What will you do?

[Tell Jack he should stop and help] OR [Tell Jack to leave them to fend for themselves] ?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.