The Walking Dead choose-your-own adventure fanfic! (Story started, character submit still open!)

Comments

• [Tell Jack to leave them to fend for themselves]

We need to find Jen and Pun and if we don't have any problem on our way is better!

sardines posted: »

[Go home to check on Jen and Uncle Pun] "I'm sure," you tell him. "Let's go." Jack doesn't argue with you, just nods and moves back to

• Oh, alright! I'll have Charles as 30 years old then!

Chronos1234 posted: »

Charles Kid EDIT: Ops my mistake... I note that but I forgot to edit the Charles age... I want to put him 30 years old... Its because a c

• edited May 2014

[Tell Jack he should stop and help] 

[Go home to check on Jen and Uncle Pun] "I'm sure," you tell him. "Let's go." Jack doesn't argue with you, just nods and moves back to

• Tough one had to think about for a bit but in the end
    [tell jack he should stop and help]
    This always happens in these story's they go find their loved ones and see a couple of people who need a ride, don't help them and then something bad happens and most of them die. (Though that will probably happen anyway, but we could always use more body's to throw at the enemy.)

• [Tell Jack he should stop and help them]

It was a bit tough, as I started thinking about it more. We could help the guy, and he only has one zombie on him, but we only have a gun and tat would attract more zombies. But, even if those guys die, we can still take their baseball bats. There were just more pros then cons for helping them, and it helps that I'm already a white knight.

• [Tell Jack he should stop and help]

• edited May 2014

[Tell Jack he should stop and help]

"Alice is right," you say to Jack. "We should stop and help them."

Jack makes a noise of affirmation and stops the car in its tracks. The man starts to head over to you, and so does the woman, but she pauses as the second monster, the one she had only hit once, snarls from its place on the ground and grabs at her leg, apparently still alive. She bashes its skull in 5 times before standing back up from her slightly crouched position and hurrying to the truck.

Jack glances at Stephany in the passenger seat, then at you, and, obviously deciding he'd rather you talk to the strangers than his sister, presses the button to roll down your window.

"Hi," you greet them as they reach the car window. "Are you alright? Do you need anything?"

"A ride would be good," says the man in the hat. He raises an eyebrow at you. "We almost thought you weren't going to stop."

"We almost didn't stop," you tell them truthfully.

"Makes sense," chimes in the woman from beside him. "There's no telling who's one of them and who's not anymore. Still, thanks for stopping."

You nod. "I'm Thalia," she continues. "Thalia Gray. And he's E.J." E.J. raises one hand to wave as he's named.

"Hi," you reply. "I'm Elias, this is Alice, and the two in front are Jack and Stephany."

"Hello," says Alice quietly, smiling.

"Hi!" pipes up Stephany from the front seat.

"I'm glad we're all getting to know each other and everything, but maybe we should do it elsewhere. You know, where we don't run the risk of getting chomped on by crazy people," Jack says from the front seat, and while his tone makes it sound like a joke, you can tell that underneath it he really does mean it. He's probably right, too; standing out in the street can't be a good idea.

E.J. nods. "Good idea." He and Thalia glance one last time at the seating arrangements in the truck, probably noting that there's only one seat left in the back, and then climb up and into the truck bed. "I don't know where you guys are going, but we can talk about that later," Thalia says. "Right now anywhere's better than on the street."

Jack nods, although the two in the truck bed probably can't see him, and starts off down the road again.

Within a few minutes, he's pulling onto your street, and your eyes widen as you spot three or four of the bloody ones roaming around on it. He parks in your driveway, where you see your uncle's car is also parked. Guess he and Jen really are home.

"Elias," he says quietly, though your window is rolled up now, so you doubt it really matters - besides, the creatures have probably already been alerted by the sound of the car pulling up anyway. "There are four of them on this street that I can see, but - look. There's one up there, on your porch."

You glance up the stairs to your porch, and sure enough there is. Shit.

"How do you want to play this?" Jack asks you.

What will you do?

[Borrow the gun from Alice and take the guy out quickly, then get inside as fast as possible so the monsters can't get to you.]

OR

[Tell Thalia to get him with the bat, and get inside as fast as possible afterwards.]

OR

[Wait out in the truck, and call your home number to ask your uncle to unlock the back door so you can sneak in around back.]

• edited May 2014

[Wait out in the truck, and call your home number to ask your uncle to unlock the back door so you can sneak in around back.] It doesn`t include as fast as possible so I guess you can take your time.It will be interesting to hear what he will say.

[Tell Jack he should stop and help] "Alice is right," you say to Jack. "We should stop and help them." Jack makes a noise of affirmati

• Wait out in the truck, and call your home number to ask your uncle to unlock the back door so you can sneak in around back.

[Wait out in the truck, and call your home number to ask your uncle to unlock the back door so you can sneak in around back.] It doesn`t include as fast as possible so I guess you can take your time.It will be interesting to hear what he will say.

• [Tell]

[Tell Jack he should stop and help] "Alice is right," you say to Jack. "We should stop and help them." Jack makes a noise of affirmati

• Ah [Wait out in the truck, and call your home number to ask your uncle to unlock the back door so you can sneak in around back.], I thought about it for a few minutes, and considered having Thalia take out the biter, but I forgot there was more, and she could get swarmed, so yeah.

• [Wait out in the truck, and call your home number to ask your uncle to unlock the back door so you can sneak in around back.] Less risk of noise. Also, I submitted my character.

• Hey, I forgot to say, my character had a wife who died in an accident before everything went down, just letting you know.

• Submitted a character, can't wait to see how this turns out.

• [Wait out in the truck, and call your home number to ask your uncle to unlock the back door so you can sneak in around back.]

• Which one was your character? Sorry!

Hey, I forgot to say, my character had a wife who died in an accident before everything went down, just letting you know.

• [Wait out in the truck, and call your home number to ask your uncle to unlock the back door so you can sneak in around back.]

• No worries! Lloyd.

Which one was your character? Sorry!

• Hey sardines, I submitted a character, is there still a spot for one more?

• This seems unanimous so.... make something bad happen with the safe option! just to shake people up. Like the ringing phone draws more to the house, or the two on the truck bed get attacked because you take too long. That will make people think more carefully.

• How do you know that wasn't already my plan in providing a "safe" option? ;)

Shadusnox posted: »

This seems unanimous so.... make something bad happen with the safe option! just to shake people up. Like the ringing phone draws more to th

• There is, since I did promise everyone who submitted would be in it somehow! I do have about 56 characters submitted right now though, so it might be a while before your character shows up! I promise they will at some point, though!

AWESOMEO posted: »

Hey sardines, I submitted a character, is there still a spot for one more?

• Very clever ; ) I know that's what I would have done. Provide a "safe" option, let people choose it, then go, muwah ha ha, you fools! it was really the worst option of all! You should have chosen more carefully. Then next time there's a safe option people will be scared to chose it.

Then again you could just be using reverse psychology on me, muwah ha ha! You thought the safe option was a decoy! But everything actually worked out for the best and they are all alive and happy and.... And that's not very evil is it? but I did troll some forum user so ha!

How do you know that wasn't already my plan in providing a "safe" option?

• Of course, it's cool, I have like 6 more fanfics to read anyway XD

There is, since I did promise everyone who submitted would be in it somehow! I do have about 56 characters submitted right now though, so it might be a while before your character shows up! I promise they will at some point, though!

• (This is one of the longest parts yet, so I'm really sorry if I've missed any errors in this!! Also, I've given the name 'Dixie' to submitted character Dixiecz. Simple enough!)

[Wait out in the truck, and call your home number to ask your uncle to unlock the back door so you can sneak in around back.]

"Let's try sneaking around him. I'll call Uncle Pun and ask him to open the back door for us."

"Okay," Jack says, as you turn to glance at Thalia and E.J. in the back. They look slightly puzzled, but you raise a hand first to make a "wait" signal and second to put a finger to your lips, telling them to be quiet. You don't want anyone running over and attacking them, though from what you've seen, they'd probably be able to hold their own.

Pulling out your phone, you dial your home number. It rings only two times before someone picks up.

"Elias?" comes the voice on the phone. It's your Uncle Pun, thankfully.

"Hey, Uncle Pun," you start to say, and then cut him off as he tries to speak again, probably wanting to ask if you're alright. As much as you want to know if he and Jen are fine, too, you have more important things to deal with right now. "Listen -- we can talk in a second, okay? We need you to open the back door for us. There's a ... rioter on the front porch."

"Sure," he says. "See you in a minute." The phone beeps to tell you he's hung up, and you replace the phone in your pocket and gesture for everyone else to get out of the truck.

You try your best to be quiet as you get out and shut the door; nonetheless, you're pretty sure a few of them down the street might be looking your way. The one on the porch isn't, though, thankfully, still banging on the door - probably because he can hear Jen or Uncle Pun inside. "Come on," you whisper to the others. "Follow me. We have to be fast."

You lead them all around through the back gate and into your backyard - and then curse softly without meaning to as you spot the three monsters roaming around in the garden. They both give out terrifying moans as they turn to you and start to shamble over, and you take a few hurried steps backwards, bumping into Jack.

"Shit!" he says, shoving Stephany behind him. "Get behind me!"

The creatures are almost upon you and you've got absolutely no weapon. Jack has backed away further, ushering Stephany with him, so you do the same, but one of them is just getting closer and closer -

Then Thalia moves forward next to you and swings the bat into the guy's head. He doesn't fall yet, so she swings again, and again - but another one reaches her and grabs her, snapping his jaws as he tries to sink them into her flesh. She's struggling, barely managing to keep pushing him far enough away that his bloodied teeth can't reach her, and you rush forward and try and sock the guy in the shoulder, but it doesn't seem to do anything. The third one grabs you and you cry out, managing to break free of her grip but now thoroughly surrounded by the three monsters, though two of them are currently more occupied with Thalia.

"Alice! Help!" You glance at her, but she's just standing there, the gun held out in shaking hands. She looks frozen in place.

You shut your eyes as the creep comes close again, thinking this is the end, before a hatchet swings into the ghoul's head and she's down.

It's a woman who's saved you, but it's not Thalia or Alice; she's shorter than Thalia, with longer and slightly darker brown hair. She's tugging at her hatchet now, still embedded in the creep's skull, and from beside you Thalia breaks free of the grip of the one currently grabbing at her and dispatches it with one quick and precise blow to the head.

Your rescuer is still struggling with the hatchet, and as she does the third monster, the one Thalia had hit first, grabs her. You move forward at the same time as Thalia does, but neither of you are fast enough - a gunshot rings out and the monster crumples, dead, to the ground. You look back - it's Alice, and though she looks horrified, she's not shaking so visibly anymore.

A familiar voice breaks you out of your stupor, and you fight to regain your composure - it's your Uncle Pun; he and the woman had both clearly come to your rescue, though she'd been faster.

"We need to get inside - that noise is only going to attract more attention," he says, and you all nod and hurry to the door. He ushers you all in quickly and shuts it behind you.

"I see you've brought guests," he comments, looking the others up and down - but especially the two strangers. Looking at them, their clothes are quite liberally covered in blood - probably because they've had to fight off so many attackers. Jack's got a little bit on his clothes also, and so does the woman and your uncle - he's holding his shotgun, too, obviously prepared for the worst.

"They ... It's not safe outside right now," you try to explain. "I just--"

"I know, Eli. Not with those... what did you call them? Rioters?"

You look away somewhat sheepishly. "Uh, that's what Alice said the news was calling them. I don't... I know they aren't actually rioters."

"No, they most certainly aren't," he agrees, shaking his head. "Jen and I found this woman on the way home, too. Her name is Dixie." Dixie nods once to you in greeting.

Then Pun turns to the others. "I'm sorry, I'm being rude. It's nice to see you again, Alice, Jack, Stephany. And it's nice to meet you two. You can call me Pun."

"Thalia," Thalia says, reaching out the hand not holding the bat to shake his free one.

"And I'm E.J," E.J. tells him.

"Thanks for saving us," Thalia says to Dixie, smiling a little. "Are you alright?"

"No problem. The one that grabbed me got me pretty good, but I'll be fine," Dixie says, raising one arm to show a still-bleeding wound on the back of her wrist. It doesn't look too bad, though, just a slight gash where its teeth had managed to sink in just a little.

"Sorry about that," Alice says softly, and she does sound truly regretful. "If I'd ... shot sooner, you wouldn't have gotten hurt."

"It's fine," Dixie replies. "You came through in the end, and I'm grateful to you for that." She smiles at Alice, who returns the smile timidly.

"Well," Uncle Pun says after a short silence. "No use standing around out here. Elias, you should take our guests into the living room. Your sister's been worried about you; you should tell her you're okay. I'll go clean up Dixie's wound."

"Alright," you say. "Thanks again, Dixie."

"It was nothing," Dixie laughs, and you wave at her as you lead the others into the living room.

Once inside, you spot your sister, sitting on the couch and watching what appears to be a news report on the TV. She stands up when she sees you come in, and you walk up to her and hug her. Jen's only 2 years younger than you at 15, and nearly as tall as you - though you are pretty short for a guy - but you're still very protective of her. "I'm glad you're okay," you tell her as you pull away. Stephany hugs her right afterwards, briefly; the two of them are also friends - they'd have to be, with you and Jack being best friends. As Jen pulls away from Stephany, she turns to face you again.

"Yeah, well don't ever worry me like that again," she says, feigning anger, though she's smiling despite herself. "When you weren't here when I got home, I thought maybe one of the chompers got you."

"Nah. Wouldn't let one of them get me that easily," you say.

"Says the guy who can't even beat me at tag," she replies, raising an eyebrow.

You roll your eyes. "Whatever. Jen, this is Thalia and E.J.; Thalia, E.J., this is my sister Jen."

"Nice to meet you," Thalia says, at the same time that E.J. chimes in with a simple "hey."

"Has there been anything on the TV about all this? I mean, what's happening? I heard a little on the radio, but it wasn't much," Jack asks Jen as he moves to Stephany's side.

"There has," Jen says. She reaches for the remote and presses a button to unmute the TV; you all fall silent, listening for a moment.

It's a local news channel, and they're telling everyone in Overland Park to evacuate. Something about a stage 8 catastrophe.

After a few moments of listening and learning practically nothing besides that local law enforcement is advising all people to get out of the city, Jen turns the sound off again and turns to you, obviously looking for a reaction.

"Sounds bad," you say simply.

"It is," she says. "Uncle Pun thinks we should do what they say - leave the city. But..."

"... But you don't want to?" you finish, frowning.

"No," Jen sighs. "I know Mom and Dad are away on business right now, but what if they come home because of all of this? We need to be here if they do."

"We don't know how far this reaches," Thalia says. "What if it's just here? I'm assuming your parents won't come here if they know you have to get out. Or if they're safe where they are."

"Have you tried reaching them?" Alice suggests. "Calling?"

"Of course we have," Jen tells her. "Multiple times. No answer. I just wish I knew if they were okay."

"It'll be okay, Jen," Stephany says, reaching up to put a hand on her shoulder - she's a lot shorter than the other girl. "I'm sure your parents are fine." For a moment, you feel a little envious of Jack and Stephany - they don't have anyone to worry about but themselves, seeing as both of their parents passed a couple years back. Jack's been taking care of Stephany himself ever since.

You realize after a moment how insensitive a thought it was though, and silently reprimand yourself for even thinking it.

"Maybe it's better to leave," Jack says, glancing at you. You remember what he said earlier about your neighborhood being busy and thus attracting more attention, and you wonder if he may have a point.

"It's not like you won't be coming back eventually," E.J. adds. "As soon as the government clears all of this up, you'll be able to see your parents again."

"Maybe," Jen murmurs, just as Uncle Pun and Dixie enter the room, Dixie now sporting a bandage around her wrist. Jen gasps and moves to the woman's side, staring at the wrap.

"What happened?"

Dixie's quiet for a moment, before she glances at you and speaks.

"... Rioters. One of them managed to grab hold of me."

Before Jen can comment, Pun cuts in; "What were you all talking about? The evacuation?" No one has a chance to reply before he continues - "Jen, I'm sorry, but we need to leave. It's not safe here. You see what happened to Dixie."

"You... might be right," Jen concedes. "But is trying to leave town really the best option either? Elias, what do you think?"

[We should stay here. Nothing's gotten in yet.]

OR

[We should leave town, like the news said, and find someplace safer.]

OR

[We should leave the house, but find somewhere else in town to stay.]

• Haha, I feel you there :P Sometimes it's hard to keep up with everything.

Just one thing though, I'm using 'real sounding' names in this, like things like Elizabeth Devyn etc. But you submitted your name as AWESOMEO. Got a real name of your own, or an alternate one I can use?

AWESOMEO posted: »

Of course, it's cool, I have like 6 more fanfics to read anyway XD

• [We should stay here. Nothing's gotten in yet.]

(This is one of the longest parts yet, so I'm really sorry if I've missed any errors in this!! Also, I've given the name 'Dixie' to submitte

• Hmm..

[We should leave the house, but find somewhere else in town to stay.]

(This is one of the longest parts yet, so I'm really sorry if I've missed any errors in this!! Also, I've given the name 'Dixie' to submitte

• [We should leave town, like the news said, and find someplace safer.]

• Thanks for the bump man. :D Wish I could bump your story again but I think I was the last post in there. ): I hope people see it soon!! I can't wait to see what happens next!

Bump.

• Is it too late to join?

• [We should leave town, like the news said, and find someplace safer.] Ya gotta stay out of the cities.

• Puncake32Puncake32 Banned
    edited August 2014

• Not at all! Your character might not come into play for a bit, but you can still submit them, and you can of course still vote on all the choices! :)

Is it too late to join?

• [We should leave the house but find somewhere else in town to stay]

Do you have any idea what the roads out of town are going to be like?
    You know what they say, one mans gridlock is another mans buffet line...

• Bump.

• Okay,thanks

Not at all! Your character might not come into play for a bit, but you can still submit them, and you can of course still vote on all the choices!

• [We should leave the house,but find somewhere else in town to stay.]

• [We should leave town, like the news said, and find someplace safer.]

Well, first off, listen to the words of Rick Grimes and Lee, and that's stay away from the cities. Also, I'm not sure being cooped up in a house with a someone who's been bitten is never a good idea.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.