Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about The Walking Dead

Comments

• edited November 2017

I'm taking it you don't like my negative tone. You don't find it interesting? I mean think about, promotional pictures are always touched up in photoshop, or prototype pics of action figures are always hand-painted with no sloppy lines or unpainted areas.

Even though it's blatant false advertising, the thing is... If they can't even be bothered to fake quality for a promo pic, It doesn't bode well for the product as a whole. All I'm saying.

Deltino posted: »

On a more interesting note, however, Javier's last name is on his jersey in that promo pic. Or well, his original last name-- Garcia-Dominguez, before they shortened it to Garcia.

• edited November 2017

Eh, fair enough. The cornfields are indeed included in the game proper.My point was that unless Lee and Mark were supposed to get attacked on the way back to the farm(which is unlikely considering they would've taken the same road the others would've had to take), a scene like that wouldn't really make sense.

There weren't cornfields at the farm?

Possibly.

Considering she really does nothing there but scold Lee. No actual help. Also sprints over there ridiculously quickly.
    And Omid gets to help Lee with the tanker, which actually means he does a lot more than Christa does there. Good thing, since he gets sidelined until episode 5.

Eh. It's not like the following episodes had many action sequences anyway.

You what? Episode 4 had running through zombies on river street, lee vs molly, being chased into the alley, the sewer scene, and crawford was pretty much one big action set-piece.
    This isn't even about adding extra fight scenes, it just would have been good to see what they're capable of/can add to the group. Omid in particular gets sidelined so badly, and never even does any fighting unless you count a couple shots in the house. Weird thing is that preview shows Omid with his leg already hurt. Hmm...

I kinda wish they kept that for Mariana(originally, of course) or Kate(if she is indeed Hispanic).

I'm confused.

DabigRG posted: »

Was it a cornfield? Well, you are detail oriented. But I doubt it was just made up for the sake of being a preview. From everything I've

• There weren't cornfields at the farm?

No, they were. And Deltino just confirmed that scene's exactly what was gonna happened originally.

Considering she really does nothing there but scold Lee. No actual help. Also sprints over there ridiculously quickly.

She still [determinant?] gives them advice. But true otherwise.

You what? Episode 4 had running through zombies on river street, lee vs molly, being chased into the alley, the sewer scene, and crawford was pretty much one big action set-piece.

Sigh...see, I knew you were gonna get semantic with me here. I meant collective action scenes, Donkey! And they weren't around/available for most of those.

This isn't even about adding extra fight scenes, it just would have been good to see what they're capable of/can add to the group. Omid in particular gets sidelined so badly, and never even does any fighting unless you count a couple shots in the house.

Hey, it's still something. And he still helped Lee with the Tanker just before hurting his leg in the previous episode.

Weird thing is that preview shows Omid with his leg already hurt. Hmm...

enter image description here

Louche posted: »

Eh, fair enough. The cornfields are indeed included in the game proper.My point was that unless Lee and Mark were supposed to get attacked o

• edited November 2017

No, they were. And Deltino just confirmed that scene's exactly what was gonna happened originally.

eh... heh. Well, that's what I said.

Sigh...see, I knew you were gonna get semantic with me here.

you WHAT?!
    Me thinks this is the pot calling the kettle black here.

I meant collective action scenes, Donkey! And they weren't around/available for most of those.

Well, that could be changed. It's not like the truth of the matter isn't that they (the developers) want Lee to be the one doing everything.

Hey, it's still something. And he still helped Lee with the Tanker just before hurting his leg in the previous episode.

Yeah, but I'm wondering if originally Omid's leg was already injured when they met Lee. Maybe that would have been an incentive for them to join a group.

What are you implying? That was my favorite scene of the game. Where the sun exploded and swallowed up the forest, and Kenny tried to give Anna Corea a goodbye High-five. Good shit.

There weren't cornfields at the farm? No, they were. And Deltino just confirmed that scene's exactly what was gonna happened origina

• eh... heh. Well, that's what I said.

I know.

you WHAT?!
    Me thinks this is the pot calling the kettle black here.

Hoo!

Well, that could be changed. It's not like the truth of the matter isn't that they (the developers) want Lee to be the one doing everything.

Eh. Fair enough.

At least they generally had a good balance with what he is capable of and what other characters.

Yeah, but I'm wondering if originally Omid's leg was already injured when they met Lee. Maybe that would have been an incentive for them to join a group.

Oh yeah, that could've been the case.

What are you implying? That was my favorite scene of the game. Where the sun exploded and swallowed up the forest, and Kenny tried to give Anna Corea a goodbye High-five. Good shit.

...What the fuck?

No, they were. And Deltino just confirmed that scene's exactly what was gonna happened originally. eh... heh. Well, that's what I sa

• edited November 2017

Eh. Fair enough. At least they generally had a good balance with what he is capable of and what other characters.

Yeah, but part of that is just because he's already a capable adult.

...What the fuck?

Exactly my reaction to that pic. What the fuck does that have to do with anything? It's like a fever dream mishmash of several things throughout the season. How could they get the episode 2 promo pic that wrong? (did they really change the plot that much and too late to change the promo?) See episode 4's promo pic could function like a deleted scene set between episode 3 and 4, but what the fuck is going on here? That's supposed to be Jolene? Why is Kenny seemingly injured?

eh... heh. Well, that's what I said. I know. you WHAT?! Me thinks this is the pot calling the kettle black here. Ho

• Goddamn, I don't know if this has been posted, but I never knew there were this many possible variations. Holy shit. I have to imagine some of these are just file-only, and not actually in the game.
    Definitely shows how complex the choices were SUPPOSED to be. I mean, damn, some of these lines are really fucking volatile.
    And I did find some of Kenny's dialogue about waiting with the boat there. Still have no idea what triggers it though.

• Yeah, but part of that is just because he's already a capable adult

Or initially, "capable." :lol:

Exactly my reaction to that pic. What the fuck does that have to do with anything? It's like a fever dream mishmash of several things throughout the season. How could they get the episode 2 promo pic that wrong? (did they really change the plot that much and too late to change the promo?) See episode 4's promo pic could function like a deleted scene set between episode 3 and 4, but what the fuck is going on here? That's supposed to be Jolene? Why is Kenny seemingly injured?

I'm pretty sure that's Christa. The implication I got was that something was supposed to happen to Omid.
    Not sure where the notion of Kenny being injured comes from, but Lee is holding him back.

Eh. Fair enough. At least they generally had a good balance with what he is capable of and what other characters. Yeah, but part of

• edited November 2017

or initally, "capable"

say what?

not sure where the notion of kenny being injured comes from.

Kenny always looked to me like he was limping or leaning on Lee for support and holding out his hand in defense or something. I can see how I was mistaken, I guess.

Christa was supposed to be in episode two? That's easily the strangest promo image from season 1, with the exception of that campfire scene promo which seemed to be inspired by the comic book.

Yeah, but part of that is just because he's already a capable adult Or initially, "capable." Exactly my reaction to that pic.

• Alright, here's something you probably never knew about.

Remember how you can tell Vernon that Clementine is your daughter? Well, as it turns out, depending on your dialogue options, Molly will actually call you out on it later on in the episode. This is one of those super rare lines that basically no one gets. Hell, I didn't even know this existed until recently.

• I actually got this one in late October when I was playing them as a halloween thing.
    But still nobody knows about the super rare kenny "waiting with the boat" dialogue

Alright, here's something you probably never knew about. Remember how you can tell Vernon that Clementine is your daughter? Well, as

• Huh. I remember getting the "You saved my life twice" version, but I had no idea this could correlate.

Season 1, man.

Alright, here's something you probably never knew about. Remember how you can tell Vernon that Clementine is your daughter? Well, as

• Last time I played I got that. Don't side with Kenny at all in ep1 then side with him every choice after that, don't tell him you're bitten (don't know if that affects it) and he will say he will wait with the boat

I actually got this one in late October when I was playing them as a halloween thing. But still nobody knows about the super rare kenny "waiting with the boat" dialogue

• I'm not even sure of the requirements now. I thought I did, but I've been replaying the game so much recently that it's screwed with my memory of which choices I picked.

Last time I played I got that. Don't side with Kenny at all in ep1 then side with him every choice after that, don't tell him you're bitten (don't know if that affects it) and he will say he will wait with the boat

• No kidding. I've been chatting with a guy on youtube about how many different lines they had recorded for Kenny at this part. Sheesh.

Huh. I remember getting the "You saved my life twice" version, but I had no idea this could correlate. Season 1, man.

• There were a few broken lines of dialogue in 400 Days that didn't play in the original release of the game. When they re-released S1 on the PS4/Xbox One though, they fixed these lines.

Nothing special, but hey, we get a few more Nate lines, and that's always good.

• I remember some of the Nate lines from a collection at least.

There were a few broken lines of dialogue in 400 Days that didn't play in the original release of the game. When they re-released S1 on the

• Wyatt's best line still goes unused sadly (the one where he sings the Guns and Roses song)

There were a few broken lines of dialogue in 400 Days that didn't play in the original release of the game. When they re-released S1 on the

• Do you happen to have a link for that? That sounds frigging awesome!

Graysonn posted: »

Wyatt's best line still goes unused sadly (the one where he sings the Guns and Roses song)

• edited November 2017

Similar to my broken sound issue that I complained about (PS3 version) where the SFX that plays for zombie jump scares doesn't show up, ruining the moment. Also noticed that when Lee charges Andy, Andy is supposed to misfire and the gun goes off. So not only was that sound effect broken, but the light effect from the gun firing too. And there could be more glitches I don't know about.

But, Missing dialogue? That's even worse. Now, I wonder if these will all be fixed for the remastered version coming out. I actually like Nate better being silent and scary there, although that's admittedly a funny ass line. And now I wonder if there's anything else "fixed" in that collection that nobody knows about yet.

I hate to say it again, but this shows how these games are a shadow of what they could be. At one point they clearly wanted to put in maximum effort. Where nothing was overlooked, where everything was covered, whenever you stayed silent or indecisive people would call you out on it etc. But it was a pipe dream, I guess.

• It's a line from 'Knocking on Heavens Door'

https://vocaroo.com/i/s1cHr8i0zwZ2

Do you happen to have a link for that? That sounds frigging awesome!

• Admittedly, that sounds hilarious.

It's a line from 'Knocking on Heavens Door' https://vocaroo.com/i/s1cHr8i0zwZ2

• Wow, that is fucking awesome. Wyatt is much cooler in my eyes now.

It's a line from 'Knocking on Heavens Door' https://vocaroo.com/i/s1cHr8i0zwZ2

• Too dark to see was a a funny line on its own, though. This is too much. (and I mean that in a good way)

Admittedly, that sounds hilarious.

• edited November 2017

Here's something that many people might not have known or considered. Not only did Lee's family run their own drugstore, but at least ONE family member must have been a qualified pharmacist. This is because by law, every pharmacy in the United States must be supervised by at least one pharmacist. The game never explicitly states who this pharmacist was, but based on some in-game clues, I think it's almost certainly the case that Lee's father was the pharmacist of the drugstore.

Recall the photo of Lee's family. Notice that the only person (besides Lee) who's dressed in the kind of professional attire that's characteristic of someone in a white collar position is Lee's father. In real life, most pharmacists wear a suit or other professional clothing underneath their lab coat, which is exactly what Lee's father is wearing in the photo (Lee's mother is dressed more casually than professionally, implying that probably isn't a pharmacist, while Lee's brother is dressed in the uniform of a pharmacy technician, not a pharmacist).

Here's another interesting fact: In the U.S., all pharmacy students graduating in 2003 and onward MUST earn a Doctor of Pharmacy degree (Pharm.D.) before they can obtain their pharmacy license. However, the Walking Dead Season 1 begins in 2003 (based on the comics), which means that Lee's father probably obtained his pharmacy license BEFORE that (assuming he'd been running the drugstore for years now). What this means is that, although Lee's father MAY have had a Pharm.D., he doesn't HAVE to have had one. He's allowed to practice pharmacy with only a Bachelor of Pharmacy degree (which is no longer offered today).

Finally, like the overwhelming majority of American university professors, Lee himself almost certainly held a Doctorate of Philosophy (Ph.D). Think about that for a second. At one point, Lee went by "Dr. Everett." How awesome is that?

TLDR: As a university professor, Lee almost certainly had a Ph.D., while Lee's father was a qualified pharmacist who held either a Bachelor of Pharmacy degree and/or a Doctor of Pharmacy degree (Pharm.D.).

• Now THAT is interesting. Thanks. Lee just gained more brownie points.

TheMyth26 posted: »

Here's something that many people might not have known or considered. Not only did Lee's family run their own drugstore, but at least ONE fa

• Nitpick time !
    In A New Frontier Clem's handgun is a Sig Sauer P320.
    That particular model was released in 2014.
    The game takes place in the comic universe, meaning the apocalypse started somewhere in 2001-2003, so we're somewhere around 2005-2007. See the problem ?

• The choice between Wellington and Howe's Hardware could/may have been choosing between assimilating into someone else's community and building your own.

Credit to @Bon-Bon

• Forget if this was posted already, but I'll repost it anyway.

• Did you know that it has been 5 years from today that No Time Left was released. #5yearssinceleedied

• Or, going off the popular opinion of this forum, #5yearssincethegamedied

Did you know that it has been 5 years from today that No Time Left was released. #5yearssinceleedied

• I think we all dared to forget one simple thing. If you are here for the first time, please procede with caution, because this might actually ruin your faith. So.....IF YOU DON`T BREAK THE FUCKING ICE, FUCKING BONNY DIES. Azazazazaz

• @Graysonn's Season 2 video is finally here! Great job as always, Gray! Thank you for making these videos. :)

• Holy crap, nice find FG! And to think I just reposted his previous one on a whim without noticing this one.

Funny, I recently thought about how Alvin looked like he was more dressed for winter with his huge coat and his neck is noticeably exposed there.

Is it possible that Walter and Matthew's models there are holdovers from the previous episode's next time segment? Or is another example of Telltale creating separate models to test out the character's design, much like with Carver?

Nice framing with Rebecca's animations in the Lodge next to Alvin and Carlos.

Wait, there was a closet that could be entered in the Cabin?

I'm guessing we were supposed to see Bonnie return Carlos after Alvin and Rebecca surrender.

Interesting that they specifically labeled/named Troy even back then. Does that mean his name really was gonna be Troy Carver then?

Da FUCK--he would've used Sarah as bait for Kenny?!

Kinda wish she would've namedropped Becca there.

Yes. Yes it is. :joy:

Boy, was I correct in assuming Carver would've looked absolutely pathetic originally.

I'm glad they didn't use those animations with Shel and Vince.

She probably would've searched them after the Walkie Talkies were discovered to be missing.

Interesting. Perhaps she would've actually used it to talk to Luke as planned.

Yeah, they were trying to push him as a Shadow Archetype for her at times, so it makes since.

Huh. That kinda answers a minor, but important plot hole with her.

That probably had to do with Mike being a Scavenger and thus having to defend himself when Kenny learned about it.

Could you have used the appropriate characters more often to perhaps get around that issue? You have done it with Rebecca and Bonnie, after all.

Ah, so there's the Carver is an engineer line I've heard about.

"Your teeth are pretty enough already." :lol:

Wait, so there were actual chickens involved? Guess the nickname from Troy has a little more of a basis, then.

Huh, seems Sarah was supposed to become increasingly unnerved as the sneak went on. Guess that explains why she suddenly starts whimpering after being really quiet for a fair bit in the game proper--there was supposed to be more buildup.

Interesting that Arvo had a compass--the evidence is piling up.

Actually, I believe she does during the Observation Deck defense.

Wait, so the Russians/Mexicans were gonna stick up the group at a church? Creepy.

So I guess that means Vince was under Tavia's command.

Interesting. Fucked up with hindsight/foreshadowing, but interesting.

Bummed you didn't find anything more about Sarah there. Sigh...

That just further proves they were well aware of the Team Luke vs Team Kenny thing.

Really wish they had left those in as options/possibilities.

Not gonna lie: that Shoot Kenny option with Jane on top is stupid.:lol:

Gotta love how the broken animations completely saps away the tension. :joy:

Interesting exchange there. Though admittedly, it(and the music) does make that one theory about it being a hallucination/dream a little more viable.

Man, I wish we'd gotten more of Edith.

I think it's pretty obvious you let that whole sequence play just cause. :smirk:

Amazing job, @Graysonn! Thank you for working your magic in a recording format.

Fangirl101 posted: »

@Graysonn's Season 2 video is finally here! Great job as always, Gray! Thank you for making these videos.

• Glad you liked it!

Is it possible that Walter and Matthew's models there are holdovers from the previous episode's next time segment? Or is another example of Telltale creating separate models to test out the character's design, much like with Carver?

Both. They typically create models for the next episode before it's done (Kenny's head model without his bandage is in the files for ep3 but isn't shown until ep5).

Wait, there was a closet that could be entered in the Cabin?

In the bathroom

Da FUCK--he would've used Sarah as bait for Kenny?!

Yeah, kinda weird but I think it makes sense. Kenny has a soft spot for children (though seemingly he never acknowledges Sarah's existence...)in general and the need to take care of them.

Kinda wish she would've namedropped Becca there.

I honestly thought she was talking about Becca the first time I played! Thus began my dislike for her.

Could you have used the appropriate characters more often to perhaps get around that issue? You have done it with Rebecca and Bonnie, after all.

Certain animations just won't play or will be disformed/glitchy. As for changing the models to suit the characters - yes. I could have done that but the truth is that it would take longer and I was being lazy.

Wait, so there were actual chickens involved?

Yeah. You can actually see them in a Howes concept art but it's so incredibly pixelated you would think I'm a illuminati conspiricist if I zoomed in to show you.

Bummed you didn't find anything more about Sarah there. Sigh...

I had a good look, but found nothing unfortunately. Same deal with Luke.

I think it's pretty obvious you let that whole sequence play just cause.

Yeah... I could have ended it after the final line but it felt appropriate to let it play out.

Thanks for posting it btw @Fangirl101

Holy crap, nice find FG! And to think I just reposted his previous one on a whim without noticing this one. Funny, I recently thought abo

• Both. They typically create models for the next episode before it's done (Kenny's head model without his bandage is in the files for ep3 but isn't shown until ep5).

Ah, well it does make sense to have those things prepared in advance.

In the bathroom.

Huh. Might have to revisit the episode to see that.

Yeah, kinda weird but I think it makes sense. Kenny has a soft spot for children (though seemingly he never acknowledges Sarah's existence...)in general and the need to take care of them.

True. I just don't really see why Carver would bother using her, smug psycho or not.

And yes, the only times I remember Kenny remotely doing so is when he sees her and Sarita getting on(which is what convinces him and the others to set aside his weapon) when she briefly starts crying in the truck when he gets untied, and when she determinately calls Jane a weirdo(hilariously enough, he looks so disinterested/sleepy there).

I honestly thought she was talking about Becca the first time I played! Thus began my dislike for her.

Really? Sheesh, kinda petty, don'cha think? :lol: :

Certain animations just won't play or will be disformed/glitchy. As for changing the models to suit the characters - yes. I could have done that but the truth is that it would take longer and I was being lazy.

Ah, that makes sense. I can only imagine how long it took to even find some of this stuff, let alone get it working on camera. And considering it's a 38 minute video, you kinda had to cut corners at some point.

Yeah. You can actually see them in a Howes concept art but it's so incredibly pixelated you would think I'm a illuminati conspiricist if I zoomed in to show you.

Huh. Still, it's a bit of a random detail, all things considered.

I had a good look, but found nothing unfortunately. Same deal with Luke.

Sigh, guess they already had their minds made up at that point. Which makes sense considering the last two episodes were apparaently released like a month later, but still.

Yeah... I could have ended it after the final line but it felt appropriate to let it play out.

Eh, its your video. Presumably the final one for this season as well.

Glad you liked it! Is it possible that Walter and Matthew's models there are holdovers from the previous episode's next time segment?

• Really? Sheesh, kinda petty, don'cha think? :lol: :smile:

Sorry, what I meant to say was when I found out she was lying about that I went from excited to disappointed. I do like Becca as a character.

Both. They typically create models for the next episode before it's done (Kenny's head model without his bandage is in the files for ep3 but

• I know. It just sounded like you started hating Bonnie because she lied there.

Really? Sheesh, kinda petty, don'cha think? Sorry, what I meant to say was when I found out she was lying about that I went from excited to disappointed. I do like Becca as a character.

• I think you and are I like the only ones that do.

Really? Sheesh, kinda petty, don'cha think? Sorry, what I meant to say was when I found out she was lying about that I went from excited to disappointed. I do like Becca as a character.

• edited November 2017

Am I the only one wondering why all this cut content is only being investigated now? What's the occasion? Season two is four years old at this point.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.