Strong Bad season finale available now! (including Europe!) -- Ep 5: 8-Bit Is Enough

Comments

• edited December 2008
    why does everyone assume it's going to be Halfathlon? Stinkoman 20X6 and TROGDOR! were in that picture too.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2008
    Lachlan_is wrote: »
    BTW, Emily, I read that info on wikipedia 2 days ago, what do they know that we dont?!?!

Seeing as not even Nintendo knew the release date two days ago, apparently Wikipedia is psychic. :rolleyes:

If we do another Strong Bad season, it won't be right away. We've got Wallace & Gromit in development and some mystery projects in the works... plus after almost a year of constant work on SBCG4AP, the team needs a break!
  • edited December 2008
    very cool
  • edited December 2008
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gibbeynator
    why does everyone assume it's going to be Halfathlon? Stinkoman 20X6 and TROGDOR! were in that picture too
    Because it was on one of the screenshots and I have proof on page 1
  • edited December 2008
    You're using a Wiki as proof? You are aware that Wikis can be edited by anyone, to add any information into the page, right? I could go onto the main 8-Bit is Enough page and add in "You play as Stinkoman for one part of the game."
  • edited December 2008
    Yeah, but that part of the article would be deleted if it wasn't true.
  • edited December 2008
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gibbeynator
    You're using a Wiki as proof? You are aware that Wikis can be edited by anyone, to add any information into the page, right? I could go onto the main 8-Bit is Enough page and add in "You play as Stinkoman for one part of the game."
    So? If there is a screenshot and it is posted on Wiki it more then likely is true. Also Wikipedia seems to know about the game sense it knew when it was coming out before we did, and if it was false it would get deleted. I'm guessing we play Halfathlon like we usually do on the fun machine but all the other games we play as SB
  • edited December 2008
    Emily wrote: »
    Seeing as not even Nintendo knew the release date two days ago, apparently Wikipedia is psychic. :rolleyes:

If we do another Strong Bad season, it won't be right away. We've got Wallace & Gromit in development and some mystery projects in the works... plus after almost a year of constant work on SBCG4AP, the team needs a break!

Not to mention the Chapmen need to work on a new SBHRTCCZSCEmail.
    edited December 2008
    Also Wikipedia seems to know about the game sense it knew when it was coming out before we did, and if it was false it would get deleted.

Wikipedia didn't know when the game was coming out before anyone else did. Telltale and Nintendo didn't actually know the date until this morning -- which essentially means the release date didn't EXIST until this morning -- so the fact that someone posted it on Wikipedia two days ago is nothing more than a lucky guess!
  • edited December 2008
    Strong Max wrote: »
    What?!?!?!? Reality 2.0 wasn't supposed to be the second to last episode?!

I dunno, but all I know is that Reality 2.0 was the one of most mind-boggling games in the 1st season, and it was an Ep. 5...
  • edited December 2008
    Quote:
    Wikipedia didn't know when the game was coming out before anyone else did. Telltale and Nintendo didn't actually know the date until this morning -- which essentially means the release date didn't EXIST until this morning -- so the fact that someone posted it on Wikipedia two days ago is nothing more than a lucky guess!
    My point is that they seem to be on top of the games information and knew that the game For the Fun Machine was Halfathalon because it was on Wiki and there was pic and they seem to be updated on the game no more then that
  • edited December 2008
    Telltale and Nintendo didn't actually know the date until this morning
    *cough*

Don't you mean

This mo'nin'! This mo'nin'! This mo, re-mo, re-mo-mo'nin'!
  • edited December 2008

Mmmm... IGN correctly "guessed" SBTF's release date, and I think someone else did that, too...

Does Telltale and/or Nintendo have a mole in their midst?
  • edited December 2008
    I think there will be a DVD. But still, looking forward to this episode, mainly because going to Planet K, Stinkoman and Trogdor, the block thing w/ Strong Sad and the Poopsmith, etc.

I wish you do release a casefile and soundtrack, but a man can only dream.

By the way, have it by A-This Monday! This Monday! This mo, re-mo, re-mo-Monday!
  • ShauntronShauntron Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2008
    Compy 386 wrote: »
    Does Telltale and/or Nintendo have a mole in their midst?

Clearly this mole has mastered time and space.
  • edited December 2008
    Why is everybody quoting "love poems"?

I'm gonna ignore these starting A-This mo-ment! This mo-ment! This mo-re-mo-re-mo mo-ment!
  • edited December 2008
    Shauntron wrote: »
    Clearly this mole has mastered time and space.

Oh, I dunno... the last time we encountered a mole, he was mass-producing hypnotic teddy bears... Aand don't forget the Snap flap Shack!
  • edited December 2008
    Wow. This is coming LOT sooner than I thought it would. I'm almost sad, seeing as to how I don't have money on my Wii Shop Channel...

*runs to nearest Walmart*
  • edited December 2008
    apparently Wikipedia is psychic...

They do have pages about the 2010s, 2030 and the 30th Century...

Not that I believe that...
  • edited December 2008
    GaryCXJk wrote: »
    Not to mention the Chapmen need to work on a new SBHRTCCZSCEmail.
    Uh, I think it's just sbemail. But, we have yet to see an email 201.
  • edited December 2008
    Holy pixelated Trogdor!! Sweet styles, TT! I wonder if we will see
    the fire-breathing cobra from SB5
    ??

I'm not expecting it really, just a random thought... :)

---Hang on! A SATURDAY release? Well cramp my style! I gotta get me some Wii points. :D:D:D
  • edited December 2008
    baloneyman wrote: »
    ---Hang on! A SATURDAY release? Well cramp my style! I gotta get me some Wii points. :D:D:D

Umm, I think your calendar is still set on November. The 15th is this Monday.

No worries, mine was too.
  • edited December 2008
    This is going to be the BEST december EVER!!!
  • edited December 2008
    Man Telltale. when I get my degree, I will either try to work for you or Rareware(theyneedallthehelptheycanget)
  • edited December 2008
    Man, this psychic Wikipedia thing is getting pretty suspicious, I mean think about it, they've known the release of just about every game and name of every Funmachine game before it was announced, and were right every single time, so either they must have some of the most incredibly lucky guessers on the planet, or they must be somehow learning this before it even exists.
  • edited December 2008
    High fives and early present for all the Telltale team.

Nicely done guys, really looking forward to this.

-m0r
  • edited December 2008
    Uh, I think it's just sbemail. But, we have yet to see an email 201.

It's not even sure if the next email will be a sbemail. It can also be a hremail, or a czemail or a memail, tcemail, kotemail, poopmail, scemail, marshemail...
  • edited December 2008
    December 15! I knew it!!! And the Trogdor comes on the FIFTEEEEENTH!!!!!
  • edited December 2008
    and some mystery projects in the works...

Oooh! What is it!?!? I kidnapped your son, if you don't have one, I kidnapped your wife, if you don't have one, I kidnapped your dog. If you let me know what the games are, I'll let your grandma live.
  • edited December 2008
    Awesomeness!
    And how true it is: Eight bit is enough.
  • edited December 2008
    ig0rpwnwEd wrote: »
    if you don't have one, I kidnapped your wife,

Don't want to sound offensive, but gay marriage still isn't constituted a legal marriage in the US.
    edited December 2008
    Holyxion wrote: »
    they've known the release of just about every game and name of every Funmachine game before it was announced, and were right every single time

I think you're rewriting history a little bit there, but whatever. :p
  • edited December 2008
    You think that after 206 Emails (200 Online, and 6 DVD Exclusive), they'd hand the Email Checking Throne over to Homestar Runner, or Coach Z, or even The Cheat? Not gonna happen!

Other than that, maybe at the end, it would have a victory party in honor of Strong Bad stopping Trogdor, and like Strong Bad said in "Homestar Ruiner," Strong Mad writes it, thanks to Marzipan, and it says "Contagulate, Stong Bag!"
  • edited December 2008
    Strong Max wrote: »
    Man Telltale. when I get my degree, I will either try to work for you or Rareware(theyneedallthehelptheycanget)

You want a degree in video game development? You my want to check out Full Sail University. Here's a link to their game development page.
  • edited December 2008
    By the way Telltale, are you going to make this pre orderable in advance like Actionsodes 3 and 4 were? I'd appreaciate it because that way I can start to download as soon as it comes out.
  • edited December 2008
    Yellowtail wrote: »
    I'd appreaciate it because that way I can start to download as soon as it comes out.

I dunno if you're on Wii or PC, but the night of the 14th I'ma fire up all the possible download names that the demo could be named in my spiffy download manager, with infinite retries on failed resolve. If one does match, the minute Telltale releases it (if they post the file using the same techniques as the previous episodes), My download will start! When my computerbox says TAH-DAH, its burnination time.

I think I'm overthinking this.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2008
    poohead900 wrote: »
    I dunno if you're on Wii or PC, but the night of the 14th I'ma fire up all the possible download names that the demo could be named in my spiffy download manager, with infinite retries on failed resolve. If one does match, the minute Telltale releases it (if they post the file using the same techniques as the previous episodes), My download will start! When my computerbox says TAH-DAH, its burnination time.

I think I'm overthinking this.

I hope our server doesn't interpret that as some sort of attack and ban you!
  • edited December 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    I hope our server doesn't interpret that as some sort of attack and ban you!

Me too. Just to be sure, I'll have my external MAC change every time I get "banned"...

Yep, overthinking this way too much. Ima just check in every once in a while Monday to see if it's up yet.
  • edited December 2008

You better play as him for a part of it. I'm not doing Level 10 as Strong Bad.
  • edited December 2008
    You better play as him for a part of it. I'm not doing Level 10 as Strong Bad.

Husky Heads are not so good for platforming.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.