Strong Bad season finale available now! (including Europe!) -- Ep 5: 8-Bit Is Enough

12346»

Comments

• edited December 2008
    I just remember something like this...
    Stinkoman? You mean the Poopsmith? He'll be in the game.
  • edited December 2008
    Wow, amazing episode guys! Seriously the best of the season.
    And I love all the video game references, like when Homestar yells "Hey listen!", when Strongbad said "Now I wanna be the guy!", or propably the clearest one, where he hits his head on the tree for coins. Great stuff... :D
  • edited December 2008
    I wonder if Homestar went to Club Technochocolate before the premiere of Dangeresque 3, and drank that Atom-Smasher Guarana Blast, mixed with the Glowstick, back in Strong Badia The Free, thinking it was a more powerful version of Mountain Dew. That's what might've given Homestar Radation. In other words, it's all Strong Bad's doing! HE Radioactified Homestar, and HE broke the Trogdor Machine! But, let's not point fat, doughy fingers, here.
  • edited December 2008
    Or, heavy metal detectors are radio-active by itself anyway? As, you know, some heavy metals are radio-active?
  • edited December 2008
    Maybe Homestar is just naturally radioactive.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2008
    Or, heavy metal detectors are radio-active by itself anyway?

Yes, I think that was the intent.
  • edited December 2008
    I just remember something like this...
    Stinkoman? You mean the Poopsmith? He'll be in the game.

You mean STICKLYMAN!
  • edited December 2008
    I wish
  • edited December 2008
    *sniff* The clouds prevent me from downoading this one.:(
    The weather report says tomorrow will be cold and clear tommorow, though. There's still hope!!!:D
    Until then, it's more appreciated than ever before to use them spoiler tags.
    I REALLY don't want this one ruined!!! ;)
  • edited December 2008
    Man, this is the BEST GAME I've EVER PLAYED!:D:D
  • edited December 2008
    Okay. NOW I've played it twice.
    So lemme be the first to complain-
    WHY THE CRAP HASN'T STRONG BAD MENTIONED THE CONCEPT ART'S USAGE IN HIS BLOG! And... what's preventing Strong Bad from getting ye flask?
  • edited December 2008
    Will wrote: »
    Or, and you are gonna call me crazy on this one, you guys could take some time and try to work through the puzzles. That's half the fun!

I'm semi-proud to say I only needed help
    in the end battle to see Troggie's weak spots and the Pro Fruitboarder sabotage

I bet that's nothing compared to yous guys!

Also, there was too much Trogdor and not enough Stinkoman! No fair... I think!
  • edited December 2008
    Compy 386 wrote: »
    WHY THE CRAP HASN'T STRONG BAD MENTIONED THE CONCEPT ART'S USAGE IN HIS BLOG!
    That's a spoiler, so I'm glad he doesn't post about it.
  • edited December 2008
    GaryCXJk wrote: »
    Or, heavy metal detectors are radio-active by itself anyway? As, you know, some heavy metals are radio-active?

It was stated in its first appearance that the Metal Detector was radioactive.

Also.

Rather Dashing TALKED.

I just wanted the Peasant's Quest portion to last the whole game...I wanted to run around and see every little piece of Peasantry re-done in partial 3D. And after I worked so hard to puzzle my way through into the game, too.

Still, despite its shortness....the Peasant's Quest level area was just...incredible. That whole portion of the game was the most satisfying video game experience I've had in a long time.

EDIT: Added in spoiler tags, because apparently people who don't want to be spoiled actually check a thread centered around feedback about all aspects of the game.

Yes, that was a smartass remark. It probably makes me a jerk.
  • MarkDarinMarkDarin Former Telltale Staff
    edited December 2008

I just wanted the Peasant's Quest portion to last the whole game...I wanted to run around and see every little piece of Peasantry re-done in partial 3D. And after I worked so hard to puzzle my way through into the game, too.

Still, despite its shortness....the Peasant's Quest level area was just...incredible. That whole portion of the game was the most satisfying video game experience I've had in a long time.

Did you go back to Peasantry in Extended Play mode and run around as
    Rather Dashing
    ?! That's my favorite part of Extended Play, this time. Well that and the Trogdor mini game.
  • edited December 2008
    MarkDarin wrote: »
    Did you go back to Peasantry in Extended Play mode and run around as
    Rather Dashing
    ?! That's my favorite part of Extended Play, this time. Well that and the Trogdor mini game.

Yeah, I cheaped out and
    used the map to get there, so I originally was runnin around as Rath. without a clue as to why!
  • edited December 2008
    It was stated in its first appearance that the Metal Detector was radioactive.

Also.

Rather Dashing TALKED.

Geez, man use da spoiler tags!
  • edited December 2008
    Meh, i find that my Wii is concord constantly every time i wanted to play any strongbad episode; so i bought the series twice. One for my Wii--give or take if im ever let on the thing, and then i just bought a set for my lappy. Least it makes it easier on my end somewhat.

As for the 8-bit game, I enjoyed it. In fact, I have to rate this one mmy favorite. I could easilly grant the game to my other friends and they'd probibly point out more gaming-stuff then i did.

Little spoiler though, my favorite part was when Homestar's window popped up and said "HEY! LISTEN!" Not sure if many people caught that joke, but I myself had a ball; considering that i have Navi from Zelda's Ocarina of Time set to my yahoo messenger sounds (for the last 6-7 years at that), it tends to stick to my funnybone. Second place had to be the brief moment of the unmoveable flask.

However, I do have a problem with the SBG4AP series... after the battle of the bands, there was a lack of teen girl squad... sadly that was part of the zing, and it got overlooked. Nothings perfect though. -shrugs-

But I supposed i spoiled enough of the series. I'll end it here.
  • edited December 2008
    After [almost] playing through the game a second time, I noticed a few great references I didn't the first time through.

"Lucky George and I are arcade legends in 5 different countries."
    "Yeah, yeah, you're a regular pinball wizard."

On the kill screen of Gel-Arshie's Pro Fruit Boarder, "All work and no play makes Gel-Arshie a dull boy." is printed repeatedly in red.
  • edited December 2008
    EDIT: Added in spoiler tags, because apparently people who don't want to be spoiled actually check a thread centered around feedback about all aspects of the game.

That's the way some people are, and that's why they invented them tags.
    Deal with it, Jack!;)
  • edited December 2008
    I dunno if anyone's posted this yet, but...

"A whole quarter? I've always wanted a lucky quarter of my own. I hear they taste like butterscotch mini-burgers! I gotta get some paint from Bubs'! See ya in a while!"

-Homestar, from Dangeresque 3.
  • edited December 2008
    I am wondering, is there any way I can just buy, the last one and not the full package.
  • edited December 2008
    What Are You Talk About Homestarrunner
  • edited December 2008
    Dash383535 wrote: »
    What Are You Talk About Homestarrunner
    He's talking about the fact that on the TellTale website you can't buy episodes of SBCG4AP seperately.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2009
    Hey all,

Episode 5 was released on European WiiWare today, so if you're in Europe and you've been waiting, time to fire up your Wii. :D

Happy new year!
  • edited January 2009
    8-bit is enough is so fun I beat it on first try!!!! Acually my..... seventh......try.
  • edited January 2009
    I know a few people have mentioned this already, but it's really, really bugging me.

The way I think about it, you can have all kinds of poorly made sequences in a game, but as long as you get the ending right, the player is left happy, thinking about good the game was. Unfortunately you guys didn't get the ending right. I mean, it was just depressingly anti-climactic. There wasn't even any closure in extended play. At least have some new music at the end! Come on!

Don't get me wrong, I think you did a pretty good job on the game overall. Sequences such as the "You Can't Handle My Style" song in episode one were simply perfect. I even liked the awesome Trogdor-Battle-Climax of episode five, right before the end. But after all that gameplay and all that waiting, I sort of expected the ending to tie things up somehow, or thank me for playing, or something. I want to feel good about the game, I really do. Unfortunately, the ending just ruined the whole experience for me.
  • edited February 2009
    strong bad wrote:
    Well that was very... anti-climactic.

What'd you expect? Still, it is upsetting we haven't seen Strong Badia recently. I do hope no countries were harmed in the making of the game.
  • edited February 2009
    Yeah, I think the Chap-bros made the destruction of Strong Badia canonical.
  • edited March 2009
    When and will there be a second series of Strong Bads Cool Game for Attractive People.
  • edited March 2009
    check all the theads dedicacted to that question for the awnser
Sign in to comment in this discussion.