Strong Bad season finale available now! (including Europe!) -- Ep 5: 8-Bit Is Enough

Comments

• edited December 2008
    And... ITS UP!
  • edited December 2008
    Installing! Good thing it got out early and I'll be able to spend some more time with it than I had planned :D!

EDIT: OMG at the fan service pun. Way to start!
  • edited December 2008
    Am downloading!!! :D

Awwww! It's not on Wiiware yet!:(:(:(
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2008
    Crashes when I start the game up.
    No idea why.

Post about this in the support forum with more details about the crash, please.
  • edited December 2008
    Umm... I think I'm missing the Dangeresque Too glasses in the Snap Shak. I even went back and confirmed that I got them.

Edit: And... all of the Dangeresque 3 costume items, except for the Dangeresque Glasses
  • edited December 2008
    Sweet! The secret shirt (that you get by jumping off the Snap Shak) makes your top half invisible!
  • edited December 2008
    i setting up now.. I CANT HANDLE THE SUSPENSE!
    edit: wow that sets up fast. im playing now.
  • edited December 2008
    Anyone else missing the D3 costume items?
  • David EDavid E Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2008
    Anyone else missing the D3 costume items?

If you have this issue, please speak up over here: http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7415

Thanks!
  • edited December 2008
    Missingout...on all fun.... :(
  • edited December 2008
    It only offers me the season pass not the own episode.Why?
  • edited December 2008
    Wow, this game is tough. I wonder when the walkthrough comes out?
  • edited December 2008
    Hell yes, very hard one here.
  • edited December 2008
    Is anyone else having problems with downloading the Wiiware version?
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2008
    We downloaded the WiiWare version this morning without problems, but that's not proof of anything. :P

Also the walkthrough will be up later today!
  • edited December 2008
    Yeah, it needs to be up soon, now everyone's going crazy and posting tons of different threads on the hints board.
  • edited December 2008
    I'm depressed. I'm not going to be able to play the damn game because of my *THIS IS A FAMILY FORUM, SELF CENSORSHIP*-ing internet provider bandwidth limiting me :(
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2008
    Or, and you are gonna call me crazy on this one, you guys could take some time and try to work through the puzzles. That's half the fun!
  • edited December 2008
    Man, that has got to be the greatest end sequence ever. You guys really out did yourselves!
  • edited December 2008
    Best... end sequence... EVER
  • edited December 2008
    Anyone else having problems downloading (PC version)? I'm currently getting less than 3KB per second. :(
  • edited December 2008
    Anyone else having problems downloading (PC version)? I'm currently getting less than 3KB per second. :(

Can you post a traceroute from your computer back to the download server?

tracert telltale.vo.llnwd.net

Also, where are you located?
  • edited December 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    Can you post a traceroute from your computer back to the download server?

tracert telltale.vo.llnwd.net

Also, where are you located?

I'm downloading from England. The trace seemed to go pretty quickly:
    C:\Documents and Settings\Mike>tracert telltale.vo.llnwd.net

Tracing route to telltale.vo.llnwd.net [87.248.210.155]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1     2 ms     2 ms     2 ms  192.168.1.1
      2    22 ms    21 ms    21 ms  lo0-plusnet.pte-ag1.plus.net [195.166.128.64]
      3    18 ms    22 ms    18 ms  ge0-0-0-403.pte-gw2.plus.net [84.92.4.2]
      4    18 ms    25 ms    26 ms  te2-4.pte-gw1.plus.net [212.159.1.101]
      5    24 ms    25 ms    20 ms  ge2-2.fr1.lon.llnw.net [193.203.5.68]
      6    23 ms    19 ms    21 ms  cds125.lon.llnw.net [87.248.210.155]

Trace complete.

I'm trying again and averaging 50 KB/sec, so at least it won't take hours now. It's just odd when I can download something like Smodcast at 350 to 450 KB/sec.

This is the first time I've had a problem getting anything from telltale, so I'm assuming the servers might just be busy.
  • edited December 2008
    Yeah, I'm sending a report to Limelight, our CDN host. I'll post back when I hear more.
  • edited December 2008
    That...was...epic...although, I actually found this one to be easier. Took me a little less than 3 hours...

Season 2! Season 2!
  • edited December 2008
    Huh, I thought it was harder, but yes, I'd love a Season 2, I can't bear to think this is Strong Bad's last gaming expedition, no matter how awesome of a conclusion it is.
  • edited December 2008
    Yeah, this one was the easiest. Besides one collectible, I'm at 100% (if anyone knows how to get the last commando, feel free to post over in the hints section)

About 2 hrs of game and 2 hrs of scavenger hunt and I'm about done with it. I don't know about a season 2 though, I'd like to see where the site goes for a while.
  • edited December 2008
    I downloaded the game on WiiWare, and so far, it's freakin' sweet.

If this really is the last SBCG4AP, I'll be pretty sad. For now, I'll be happy to have homestarrunner.com back up and running on a more normal schedule (for example, a real Decemberween toon?).
  • edited December 2008
    It may have taken a few hours for the DSL to be properly installed, and for me to reinstall the Nintendo WFC USB Device, but it was worth it after a nap, and a playing of Bright Side on the Moon.
  • edited December 2008
    Look on the bright side, maybe we can finally get a Sbemail 201 now that SBCG4AP is over?
  • edited December 2008
    Aww, I was about to finish the game, when I took a screenshoot and now I'm stuck, can't move, can't save ect.. So I had to ctrl alt delete my way out and start from the last save point, which is halfway through ):
  • edited December 2008
    I had to start over from about 1/8th, just because I forgot to burninate one peasant.

Stupid flammable pixel-men.

Oh, and I hate the Trogdor game, for the fact that I currently don't have a mouse and must rely on my touch-pad.
  • edited December 2008
    Am I the only one who doesn't understand why Strong Bad thought that killing the Trogdor in Peasant's Quest would do anything about the Trogdor that escaped from the game TROGDOR!!!? Also, I'm surprised nobody has asked about Ye Flask.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2008
    Wusodoolo wrote: »
    Also, I'm surprised nobody has asked about Ye Flask.
    You can't get Ye Flask.
  • edited December 2008
    Will wrote: »
    You can't get Ye Flask.
    I know, I've played Thy dungeonman. I mean that I am surprised that nobody has asked how to get it, not knowing that the flask is ungettable.
  • edited December 2008
    As long as it's non-essential, it's not that important.
  • MarkDarinMarkDarin Former Telltale Staff
    edited December 2008
    Wusodoolo wrote: »
    I know, I've played Thy dungeonman. I mean that I am surprised that nobody has asked how to get it, not knowing that the flask is ungettable.
    You probably WISH you could get that.
  • edited December 2008
    I loved the end credits. That
    PoopsmithStinkoman
    reference, from when you didn't even know who the guy was.. good times.
  • edited December 2008
    is there more than one season? because if there isn't it shouldn't be "the sbcg4ap season" it should be "the sbcg4ap series"
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2008
    I loved the end credits. That
    PoopsmithStinkoman
    reference, from when you didn't even know who the guy was.. good times.

Haha, most of us knew who he was :)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.