TWD: The Fallen World

Comments

• [Send a team out]

Episode 2: Rally For War Chapter 5: Making Preparations [Make a Council] Nozomi knew that making a council was the best idea all she

• Phew, thank God Cody is alive. Good job Morgan.

[Send a team out]

They should see if it's safe or not.

Episode 2: Rally For War Chapter 5: Making Preparations [Make a Council] Nozomi knew that making a council was the best idea all she

• My name’s Nico Vanderwall.

And so it begins.

[Don't send a team]

I think a defensive measure is needed here...

• For all decisions that are 50/50 I will decide the choice. In this case Cody will Send a team out. Get ready for the final chapter of episode 2. Be prepared for big things!

• I've been trying to write as much as possible but this past week has been utter hell when it comes to free time. I'm working as hard and as fast as I can to push out the new chapter. I'm sorry for the wait but expect the new chapter in a couple of days at the most.

• I know what a pain allocating free time is. A great fic like this deserves time and effort, anyway.

Alt text

I've been trying to write as much as possible but this past week has been utter hell when it comes to free time. I'm working as hard and as

• Episode 2: Rally For War Chapter 6: No Way Out

[Send a team out]

“We need to figure out where these assholes are and take the fight to them.” I said

“What about the risk?” asked Sam

“It’s worth it to find these people Sam.” urged Nico while he stirred the fire.

“The only matter now is picking people.” said Morgan

“I volunteer.” said Nico

“Can we reason with them?” asked Sam

“Believe me these people are beyond reasoning with.” I said

“How do you know that? Maybe if we just talked things out with them we could stop all of this.” Sam flung her arms above her head and walked away.

“I think it’s safe to say that Sam is out.” said Maria

“I’ll go too.” said Morgan

“I think I should go.” said Maria

“I don’t know.” I said

“I’ll be okay, I’ll have all of these people with me and Morgan could shoot a bug out of the air.” exclaimed Maria

“Alright, just stay safe.” I said

“I always do.” Maria tightened the suppressor onto her pistol and kissed my cheek.

“We’ll need one more.” said Nico

“I can go with.” I said

“No, you just got these people back on your side. Don’t leave them and let it become a recurring thing. We can handle it with just the three of us.” mentioned Morgan

“Alright, I hope it goes without saying but everyone stay on guard and always watch each others backs. If you’re not back in a few day I’ll send out a search team.” I said

“Sounds good to me.” said Maria

Everyone on the search team had been heavily armed for the trip. I knew the information was vital but letting them go out to search for some museum was eating away at me inside, they may never return. As the vehicle drove into the distance I was left with only my thoughts and some bullets.

Morgan…

The first hours of searching were uneventful. Every lead they stumbled upon went nowhere in the end. If it really was a museum that they were using for a base then it must have vanished. They had taken some stops along the way for a small break. The highway that Cody and Maria were on was completely covered in snow and it forced the group to go on foot. Morgan had started finding familiar sights. It was too late to start following trails so they decided to pick it back up in the morning. They had set up a campsite and built a fire for at least a bit of warmth for the night. “You think we’ll find this museum?” asked Nico

“I’m certain we can as long as we stay concentrated and leave no stone unturned.” replied Morgan

“It’s so cold.” Maria shivered

“I wish this damn winter weather would just go away.” Morgan wrapped her arms around herself

“I appreciate your confidence but do you really think we can find this place? I mean it’s in the middle of nowhere and the snow has been piling up. We may never find this place.” said Nico

“I get that you’re worried but I know we can find this place. I’m recognizing some of the things I saw when I was traveling back to Wellington.” said Morgan

“What if they packed up and just left?” asked Maria

“That’s a possibility but an unlikely one. I’ve been meaning to ask, have you noticed how Cody’s losing his darker edge?” Morgan asked Maria

“I have, it’s been a long time since we’ve been up close and personal with the sea of shit out here and I think that it’s helping him. He can still have moments when someone fucks with him or our group and he snaps but it’s understandable with what we’ve been through. I’m just scared that if something were to happen to Paige, you, or I he would lose himself.” said Maria

“Dealing with the Followers could bring out that darker side.” Morgan mentioned

“But maybe that’s what we need.” said Nico “I mean from what I’ve heard about him he doesn’t fuck around. If it’s the darker side that’s going to win this war then I want it standing beside me when we face The Followers.”

The fire crackled and the trio then gathered their thoughts and fell asleep. In the morning they pinned down the part of the woods that the museum must be in. The search was drawing to a close. They had finally found it midday, they were tired, sore, and worn. They had been constantly searching for the past couple of days and finally they found it. The museum was in their sights all they had to do now was find out more about them.

Leader of The Followers…

“Is the army prepared for the coming war?” The leader asked a henchman

“Preparations are in progress now, but we have a problem.” he said

“And what would that problem be?” asked the leader

“Cody has sent a team out to find the museum. Our man on the inside provided enough information on the community, every nook and cranny has been looked over. We were expecting a defensive measure but I guess he may have seen through that.” He replied

“That was exactly the plan my friend.” The leader smiled

“Why would you want them to find the museum that’s an integral rendezvous for our group?” he asked

The leader chuckled and sent the henchman away. A man walked into the room and stood before the leader. “Ahh anymore news for me?” asked the leader

“Cody’s girlfriend and best shooter are in the search team.” said Rodriguez

“Two people he must care a lot about. And they’re heading right into the trap” The leader chuckled

“Wellington is left weakened and if we can take out Morgan and Maria it will destroy him.” Rodriguez added

“Thank you Rodriguez, your assistance is no longer required.” said the leader

Morgan…

The group approached the museum, it brought back memories to both Morgan and Maria. Both memories were horrifying and left them with chills down their spines. They opened the main doors to the museum inside they found something they weren’t expecting, an empty building. All that was left were candles lighting the building and leftover pieces of paper. “What happened? This is where we were taken.” said Maria

“I don’t know but I don’t like the feeling I’m getting in here.” said Morgan

“I think we need to leave.” stated Nico

“Give it some time Nico, we haven’t seen everything.” Morgan snapped

They continued looking through the building until they found themselves in a large room that looked to be an old rest area. Suddenly a low groaning sound came from outside the room. Morgan’s heart started beating faster than she could ever imagine. She raised her M16 and turned her head to each entrance. Walkers with the same symbol as The Followers caved into their chests were coming through each entrance. There had to be hundreds of them, The trio had no idea what to do. There wasn’t any way to escape. “I’m glad you came back, my army has been pretty eager to rip some flesh.” A voice over a speaker said

End of the episode...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hda4IyFkVCY&list=LLBCJUDdrPzW6HGmxGwcbiEg&index=15

• Now that Episode 2 is finished I have some questions really like for you to answer.

1. Who is your favorite character?

2. Who is your least favorite character?

3. Where do you think the story is going?

4. What were you not expecting to happen?

5. What were you expecting to happen?

Thanks for reading my story and being supportive!

• OMG AWESOME CHAPTER!

Episode 2: Rally For War Chapter 6: No Way Out [Send a team out] “We need to figure out where these assholes are and take the fight t

• Our man on the inside

Fuck.

There had to be hundreds of them, The trio had no idea what to do.

Double fuck.

...I had a feeling this would happen. Fantastic chapter!

Episode 2: Rally For War Chapter 6: No Way Out [Send a team out] “We need to figure out where these assholes are and take the fight t

1. Morgan

2. Clifford

3. All aboard! First stop, death!

4. I didn't expect Clifford to go down that easily. More bark than bite, it seems.

5. I didn't know there would be walkers per se, but I knew it was a trap.

Now that Episode 2 is finished I have some questions really like for you to answer. * Who is your favorite character? * Who is your

• Great chapter! Things are getting intense. I'm very nervous yet anxious for the next part!

• edited June 2015

1. Morgan, by far.

2. Clifford. Fuck him!

3. I honestly have no idea in terms of major plot aspects, but one thing I do think will definitely happen, and I don't like it: Death. Lots of deaths. ;-;

4. I didn't expect it to be Morgan's shot to take down Clifford. Although I didn't really think Cody was gonna die, I didn't think Morgan would come through like that. Another reason why she is my favorite character.

5. I honestly don't really know. That's what I love about this story. I can never really predict what will happen next, always leaving me intrigued for the next part.

I can't wait for Episode 3! I absolutely love this story and am looking EXTREMELY forward for Episode 3. :D

Now that Episode 2 is finished I have some questions really like for you to answer. * Who is your favorite character? * Who is your

• Who is your favorite character? Morgan

Who is your least favorite character? Clifford

Where do you think the story is going? To everyone´s death

What were you not expecting to happen? Clifford being taken down easily.

What were you expecting to happen? A trap

• To everyone's death

Alt text

supersagig posted: »

Who is your favorite character? Morgan Who is your least favorite character? Clifford Where do you think the story is going? To everyo

• edited July 2015

Oh man, just noticed that I got unfollowed from the story. Sorry for that, but I'm back now :)

Who is your favorite character?

Morgan. She's overall awesome, useful and she has the best connection to my Wolves. Speaking of, the Wolves are awesome too :D

Who is your least favorite character?

Clifford and Leonidas. Why are they even still alive? Both were trying to murder Cody and both are bound to cause trouble again sooner or later, so sparing their lives was just a horribly stupid move.

Where do you think the story is going?

I guess there will be a full-blown war against the Followers after this episode finale. I highly doubt that Morgan and Maria are both going to get out of this and loosing one of them will probably push Cody over the edge

What were you not expecting to happen?

Clifford and his men going down easy like that and then just accepting defeat. I mean, this guy and his followers were absolutely willing to murder Cody, but gave up pretty easily and without putting up much of a resistance.

What were you expecting to happen?

I highly expected that there would be a trap at the museum

• Sorry for no new episode but I have been extremely busy. For fun ask me about any alternate choices and I will gladly give you an in-depth description. I appreciate your patience and I hope you're ready for the next episode, it very well may be the best episode of the series (up to this point).

• Episode 3: Side by Side Chapter 1: A Missed Shot

Maria clutched onto her pistol and accepted her fate. Suddenly assault rifles began firing from behind the group of walkers. The were dropping like flies, suddenly Morgan noticed The Wolves were behind their rescue. She brought her gun up and aided them. A member of the Followers snuck up behind Maria and put her into a chokehold. He scurried away and left the rest. The rest of the walkers used up all the ammunition the group brought along. The assault had stopped and left the group panting from adrenaline and fear. “Is everyone okay?” asked Morgan

“Where’s Maria?” asked Nico

“Oh shit, no!” Morgan exclaimed and ran to the hallway the Follower took her down. The others took after Morgan, they all had their weapons drawn. Morgan heard a vehicle start up outside and she tried to open the doors but it was blocked on the other side. She kicked the door once, it didn’t budge. She tried a second time and it was starting to give. The third time she backed away from the door and ran at it full force, she slammed herself through the door and onto the ground. She spotted the vehicle speeding away from the museum. She brought out her rifle and aimed the sights as quick as possible, she took a shot at the back tire but snow was kicked up by the tires. She missed the shot and they sped away. “Damn it!” Morgan cursed

The others caught up to her and watched as the vehicle disappeared into the distance. “What are we going to do?” asked Nico

“We have two options, we follow the tire tracks, or we go back to Wellington.” said Morgan “Following the tires will be dangerous, we have no backup or ammo it’ll be hard enough going back to Wellington.” she mentioned

“Then I say we head back to Wellington. I forgot to mention thanks for the help!” said Nico

“No problem, we have a mutual enemy.” David shook his hand

“Are you mad that I left?” Morgan asked David

“No, I understood why. You needed to go back to your people and I would have done the same.” he said

“I appreciate your understanding.” Morgan sighed

“We’ll get her back.” Nico put his hand on Morgan’s shoulder

“It’s not a matter of if but when.” Morgan told him “Let’s go back to Wellington.” She said

Cody…

I hadn’t been able to sleep, Paige and I had talked more since I came back from The Mountain Top. “Cody they’re back!” someone shouted. I rushed to the front of the gate and opened it without haste. I was glad to see Nico and Morgan but my heart sank when I noticed the expression on their faces. “Maria was taken.” Morgan lowered her head to the ground. “No.” I looked around in disbelief. “No.” I collapsed to the ground. “I tried to stop them but couldn’t make the shot.” said Morgan

“You never miss.” I was shocked

“I just couldn’t see the tire.” Morgan tried to explain

“We have to get her back.” I commanded

“I know we do, but we would be going into another trap.” Morgan explained

“Maybe Rodriguez can help us.” I said

“We haven’t heard from him in a while.” Morgan stated

“We have to do something!” I raised my voice

“And we’re going to, but first you need to calm down and think rationally.” said David

“Who the fuck are you to tell me to calm down?” I asked angrily

“I’m David, I’m the leader of The Wolves.” he said

“Well David, I appreciate the input but please fuck off for just a moment.” I snapped

“Don’t talk to him like that!” Katrina snapped back

“It’s alright Katrina, he’s lost someone he clearly cares about.” David retorted

“Are you two alright at least?” I asked

“Yeah, we would have died if it weren’t for these three though.” Nico smiled

“I appreciate you helping my friends.” I told them

“It’s nice to help people and take down a huge part of their army.” George mentioned

“We can help you, we’ll join forces and we can really make a dent in The Followers. It would just require that everyone goes through my training.” said David

“I can honestly say that his training can help us all overcome The Followers.” said Morgan

“You have enough people here, they just need to be used.” David grinned

[Let The Wolves train them] or [Go after the Followers now]

Think hard about this decision, it’s a big one!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bN9geG7drp4

• [Let The Wolves train them]

Going onto that mission now is suicide and won't help Maria. The Followers captured her alive for a reason, if they just wanted her dead, they would have just killed her already. To get the best chances of success, the people in the community need to get a bit of training.

Episode 3: Side by Side Chapter 1: A Missed Shot Maria clutched onto her pistol and accepted her fate. Suddenly assault rifles began fir

• [Train with The Wolves]

And cue Eye of the Tiger montage!

Anyways, it's like Liquid said. They want Cody's people to come to them, that's why they bothered taking a hostage in the first place. We might as well train up before the inevitable.

Also I completely forgot about The Wolves up until now XD

Episode 3: Side by Side Chapter 1: A Missed Shot Maria clutched onto her pistol and accepted her fate. Suddenly assault rifles began fir

• Alt text

Going onto that mission now is suicide and won't help Maria. The Followers captured her alive for a reason.

[Let The Wolves train them] Going onto that mission now is suicide and won't help Maria. The Followers captured her alive for a reason, i

• Voting has closed! The Wolves will train them. I'm going to be doing something new. After every episode I will list alternate choices. I hope you thought hard about your choice because it's going to be affecting a lot of the story!

• Episode 3: Side by Side Chapter 2: Broken

Light faded in and out. A door creaked open, a low humming filled Maria’s ears. She used all her strength to move her arms and legs but they were bound to a table. A petrifying whistle echoed through the halls that surrounded her. She looked at the people rolling her throughout the building. Another door opened in front of her, the room was dark and eerie. The table stopped in the middle of the room and the two Followers left her. A few minutes passed by before the door opened again with a large shadow sprawling over the light. The footsteps were slow but grew louder as the Follower approached Maria. He laid an assortment of instruments down on a small table. He lit a fire and placed a brand over it. Maria’s breathing became faster and shallow. “Who are you?” Maria asked

“I’m the leader of The Followers.” He answered

“Why are you going after us?” She demanded

“All will be revealed in the end when it’s just Cody and I left on the battlefield.” He smiled and looked down into her eyes.

“Are you going to kill me?” She struggled

“Oh i’m not gonna kill you. I’m going to make you wish I did. Your mind will be broken and you will be mine.” He laughed and picked up one of the instruments from the table.

Cody…

The next few months consisted of nothing but training. I knew we all needed it and it was really helping us but I couldn’t break the urge to leave and find Maria. I still didn’t fully trust or like The Wolves, something about them seemed off. But they knew what they were doing everyone at Wellington had become a soldier. The Followers haven’t shown up in the months after Maria was taken it makes me fearful of what the may have done to her. Nico walked over to me and tapped on my shoulder. “We’ll find her, when we do we’ll take down The Followers.” Nico tried to comfort me

“I appreciate your words but i’m losing hope Nico, I can’t keep people I care about safe. Before I found Wellington I survived with my friends and some people we met along the way. Eventually this girl Cyndia joined and we fell in love. Little by little everyone in the group started to die, even Cyndia. I was in a dark place for a long time, she died because I wasn’t there for her. She would still be alive if I would have protected her.” I revealed

“It’s different now Cody we all know how to survive. I’m sure Maria’s still alive and doing everything she can to take down The Followers.” Nico tried to reassure me

“I appreciate you trying to help me Nico but it isn’t working. Go get some more training done.” I said

I looked at the pistol in my hands and sighed. I put a new clip in and walked over to David. “When will we be done with training?” I asked him

“Four to seven days at the most.” David replied

“Alright, i’m sorry for being a dick when we first met.” I said

“I get it, you don’t have to apologize for anything. We’re new people and so far your encounter with new people hasn’t been too pleasant.” David ran a bullet through his fingers.

“No joke there.” I sighed

“We’re gonna find her it’s my promise to you.” He pat me on the back.

“I feel that each day we spend training is another day they have to hurt her.” I sighed

“From what I know about these people they’re just using her as a trap. It’s wishful thinking but keep that in mind the next time you’re worried.” He said

“I’ll try.” I replied

“Now, let’s get back to training. The quicker we get done the faster we can get out there and find Maria.” David walked away

I holstered my pistol and joined the others for training. We went over commands on the battlefield and signals. After we finished we ate dinner and resided to our tents. I crawled into my sleeping bag and lit a candle. I picked up Salome’s old journal and looked at some of the entries, I knew it was intrusive but I liked her view on things. She didn’t deserve what happened to her, we finally made it to a safe haven and before she could even settle in she died. It hurt me to think about the past and the future, the only thing I can do is try and focus on the now. I set Salome’s journal down and blew out the candle. I slowly started to fall asleep but I heard my tent flap open. I drew my gun and had it aimed at Morgan. “Holy shit it’s just me!” Morgan exclaimed

“Sorry.” I set the gun back down

“It’s alright if anything I should be happy that you did that. It means you’re ready.” She smiled

“I guess, so what do you need?” I asked

“I wanted to talk to you about some things.” Morgan’s voice faltered

“Let me hear it.” I smiled

“I need to know how you’re doing.” She said

“I’ve been a wreck, I can hardly sleep and when I do I can’t stay asleep.” I said

“I just want you to know.” She placed her hand on my shoulder, I looked up. “Whatever you need, i’m here.” She smiled

“Thank you Morgan, I’ve always been able to count on you.” I smiled back

“What’s this?” She asked and picked up Salome’s journal.

“Umm it’s Salome’s journal.” I said awkwardly

“Why are you reading her journal?” asked Morgan

“I don’t know I guess it’s just interesting to see her side of things.” I told her

“I can see that. It’s a little weird though.” She laughed

“Stop.” I laughed

“Anyway, I think David, George, and Katrina can really help us locate The Followers main base.” said Morgan

“That would be great.” I yawned

“I guess I should let you get some sleep.” Morgan shifted to the tent flap.

“Goodnight Morgan” I laid back down.

“...Goodnight Cody.” Morgan said griefly and exited the tent.

I fell asleep as soon as she left. In the morning I left my tent and made my way to the middle of Wellington where training was held. A kid slammed into me and fell over. “Are you ok?” I asked and picked him up.

“Yeah!” The kid said with excitement.

“What were you doing?” I chuckled

“My friends and I were playing tag and I was it.” said the kid

“What’s your name?” I asked the boy

“I’m Gwendal.” He smiled

“Alright Gwendal, you can go back to playing with your friends. Just make sure to stay away from the training area ok?” I said

“You got it.” He ran after his friends again.

I smiled and proceeded to the training grounds. Today people were being taught how to use all of the guns we had properly. A part of me wondered what the other two communities were doing in the time we spent training. I sat in on the training for today and had nothing else to do. The rest of the week consisted of a daily routine of wake up, train, eat, and go to sleep. Finally we were finished and we could go find Maria. Everyone gathered together and joined in the dining area. “Now that we’re all fully trained we can find The Followers and eliminate them. It’s time they pay for what they’ve done to us, I know i’m not alone when I say that we’ll make these bastards pay for what they’ve done to people we know and care about. We’ll have to keep people here I wish we didn’t have to resort to this but we can’t risk them sending their people over here and demolishing Wellington while we’re busy attacking them. The people that will go and who will stay have been decided.” I announced. Preparations were made the same day, plans were made and positions were established. We were finally a combat ready army. “You’re bringing me along?” Nico pulled me aside after the announcement.

“Yeah, you survived the trap and I trust you.” I told him

“Well thanks man.” Nico smiled

“Anything else?” I asked

“Yeah actually. I have to ask that you keep Samantha here.” said Nico

“That’s alright but I have to ask why.” I said

“Well I care about her and I don’t want her on the front line going after The Followers.” Nico scratched his head and smiled

“I understand. I’ll let her know as soon as I can.” I grinned

“Don’t give me shit about it.” Nico chuckled

“It’s alright, I know the fear. Samantha can stay here, i’ll just have to find someone else.” I said

“Alright, i’ll see you in the morning before we head out.” Nico walked off and waved.

“You too.” I replied

Nico and I had been getting along a lot more during the weeks of training. He seemed to be someone that I could rely on. I decided getting rest would be good for the morning trip. I went to my tent and slept like a baby. When I awoke I was immediately packed for the mission and within minutes loaded up. Only one thing ran through my mind and it drove my will and strength. Only after a few miles we had to decide on a path. We chose to go into the woods and search. We covered a lot of ground and eventually went back to the vehicles. This process repeated for several days until finally we found a stadium. We approached the front slowly and cautiously. We forced the door open and walked in. The halls were lifeless but candles were placed all around. “Inspect every room and always watch each others backs.” I said

“I have a feeling this is it.” said Morgan

“This should be.” David intoned

“Maybe it’s just another dead end.” Katrina said with doubt

“Whatever this place is be careful.” Nico interrupted

We were still away from the field and seating but we pressed on. It was too dark in the chairs to see anyone or anything. We kept our guns raised. Without warning bright lights from the spotlights shone on the field and a man who looked to be the leader was looking straight at us. He pulled out a megaphone and clicked the button. “Cody, drop your weapons and join me on the field.” The leader commanded

“Why should I?” I asked

Members of The Followers came out with assault rifles pointed at us. Everyone raised their guns. “I can assure you that fighting back is futile and will only result in everyone’s death.” The leader spoke through the megaphone.

“Lay down your guns, i’ll go.” I told them

“Cody it’s suicide!” Morgan exclaimed

“It’s the only way.” I told her

I dropped all my the weapons I had but a survival knife I kept hidden. As I began to go down the steps the lights slowly followed me. I now realized that the seats were filled with the members of The Followers. I felt a lump in my throat. I reached the field and walked towards the leader. “I am in complete control.” The leader taunted me

“Where is she!?” I growled at him

“Nothing hurts like losing one of the family. Knowing that there is no one to blame but yourself.” The leader hissed. “Would you like to see her?” The leader asked sarcastically and snapped. Two members rolled Maria out on a table. “Maria!” I called out there was no answer. They stopped behind the leader. Straps were undone and the leader moved out of the way. Maria sat up and stepped off the table. “Maria?” I said horrified at what I saw. Maria had scars and brands covering her from head to toe. “What did he do to you?” I broke down.

“You abandoned me.” She whispered

“I didn’t abandon you!” I tried to hold her

“Don’t touch me!” She screamed and knocked my hand away

“It’s funny how easy the mind can be broken through a little torture and manipulation.” The leader smirked

“Maria…” I started to tear up

“Get away!” She cried

“Go ahead and put her out of her misery she’s in chronic pain after the months I tortured her. Or let her live and let her be my puppet” He taunted again

All of the searching to find Maria too late. My heart sank and I had no idea what to do. The leader would only use her as his slave. He brainwashed her and now she’s in perpetual pain. The tears rolled down my face as I knew I had to make a choice.

“Please kill me..” She sobbed

[Put Maria out of her misery] or [Let her live and try to help her]

enter link description here

• [Let her live and try to help her]

Episode 3: Side by Side Chapter 2: Broken Light faded in and out. A door creaked open, a low humming filled Maria’s ears. She used all h

• [Let her live and try to help her] oh shit.

Episode 3: Side by Side Chapter 2: Broken Light faded in and out. A door creaked open, a low humming filled Maria’s ears. She used all h

Oh, god damn it. I hope there will be a way for her to come back from this.

No. We are NOT killing Maria.

• Voting has closed Cody won't put Maria out of her misery.

• Episode 3: Side by Side Chapter 3: Gone

“I’m not going to kill you. I’ll help you. You can still come back from this!” I implored

“There’s no coming back from this.” said the leader as he put his hand on Maria’s shoulder.

I held back my words and finally formulated a plan. Finally I shouted. “Execute 6!”

The rest of my group that surrendered their weapons quickly disarmed the Followers that pinned them and shot them. They took their guns back and began to shoot the rest in the rows. I pulled my knife out of my pocket and lunged at the leader. I managed to stab him in the shoulder before I was pulled off by the two that stuck by his side. Morgan aimed at my attacker and fired, it gave me the advantage over him and I was able to break free. I grabbed Maria’s arm and took cover from the gunfire. The leader had charged me. I juked away and pulled the knife from his shoulder. He clutched the wound and turned to face me. Some of the Followers had escaped my groups assault but not enough to win an attack against us. I swung the knife in his direction but he managed to catch my arm and swing me around. I fell to the ground and lost my knife. The sweat stung my eyes and had begun to blind me. The stomps coming from the Followers escaping paired with the gunshots had made trying to hear anything impossible. “Not now, you’re not ready. I’ll make sure to thank Rodriguez for the info he gave me.” the leader smiled. I tried to chase him but bullets sprayed the area ahead and it would be suicide to go after him. Maria and I made a beeline up the steps, we regrouped with the rest. “Let’s get out of here!” Nico shouted

“We can finish off most of their people!” I argued

“It’s not worth it they’ll be grabbing their guns soon and we’ll be trapped!” David argued back

“Fuck! Let’s go!” I commanded

We ran out the door and crammed into the vehicles. “Rodriguez was telling them everything he knew about us!” I slammed my fist down.

“Are you sure?” asked George

“He told me before he ran away.” I fumed

“How are we going to approach this?” asked Nico

“If we go to The Sanctuary and attack him that’ll give the other two communities a reason to go after us and we don’t need that right now.” Morgan grumbled

“Morgan’s right. but we do need to figure something out.” I stressed

“We can figure this out later but for now lets just focus on getting back to Wellington.” said Katrina

The trip back used the rest of the supplies we brought with us. We took out a large number of The Followers, this would help out a lot in the time to come. When we arrived at Wellington we were relieved to see that nothing happened while we were away. We opened the gate and walked in to find that we were right in our assumptions, it was peaceful. Paige approached and hugged us. “I’m glad you’re back!” She sighed

“We’re glad to be back.” I smiled

“I’m going to guess that smile means we’ve made progress.” Paige grinned

“A lot.” I said and continued on.

“I haven’t had a lot to do the past few days. Even with a job I can’t keep busy.” Paige sighed

“No one’s needed a doctor?” I asked

“Not a single one.” Paige smiled

“Well now you have something to do, Maria needs help.” I took her away from the group to talk privately.

“What happened to her?” asked Paige

“The leader of The Followers had tortured her and used methods to brainwash her. She could be thinking anything right now, he may have manipulated her into trying to kill our group for all I know.” I sighed

“That’s horrible Cody.” Paige grimaced

“I need you to see what you can do.” I pleaded

“I’ll do whatever I can.” Paige reassured me

“That’s all I can ask.” I walked back to Maria.

“Paige needs to see you.” I told her

“I’ll head over.” Maria growled

Maria was starting to worry me with how she was acting towards me. I worried someone could get hurt. A kid ran up to me with a panicked look in his eye. “What’s wrong?” I asked him

“My brother’s missing!” He hyperventilated.

“It’s okay, just calm down.” I tried to ease him

“I can’t! My little brother is all I have left. It’s my responsibility to keep him safe!” He yelled

“What’s his name?” I asked

“Gwendal.” He said

“And what’s yours?” I asked

“Agobart.” He replied

“Ok Agobart I’m going to see what I can do to find your little brother.” I tried to calm him

“See what you can do? You can find my brother that’s what you can do!” He yelled

“I’ll send a group out as soon as I can. Just try and calm down I know it’ll be hard. When did you last see him?” I asked

“It was after dinner, we went to our tent and we fell asleep but when I woke up he was gone.” Agobart explained

“Alright Agobart, I’m going to gather up a group to go find you little brother.” I reassured him

I gathered David, George, Samantha, and Morgan. “I need you all to go look for a kid, his name is Gwendal. His brother Agobart came running to me, I don’t know how long he’s been gone but we need to find him.” I explained the situation

“Are there any leads?” asked David

“No, he just told me that they went to sleep after dinner and he woke up and Gwendal was gone.” I told him

“That doesn’t give us much, I guess maybe we could go ask around first.” George sighed

“I want to send people outside of the walls as little as possible with all that’s going on but we may have to make an exception this time.” I hesitated

[Ask around Wellington] or [Search outside the walls]

• [Ask around Wellington]

It's safer and perhaps someone has seen him.

Episode 3: Side by Side Chapter 3: Gone “I’m not going to kill you. I’ll help you. You can still come back from this!” I implored “Th

• [Search outside the walls]

Episode 3: Side by Side Chapter 3: Gone “I’m not going to kill you. I’ll help you. You can still come back from this!” I implored “Th

• [Ask around Wellington] I don't want to risk searching outside the walls for this guy we just met. Might as well just ask around Wellington to see where he is, what's the worse that can happen?

• edited August 2015

[Ask around Wellington]

Been awhile since I voted, the story's looking pretty great! (Poor Maria ;-;)

• Voting has closed. They will [Ask around Wellington] i'm going to try and get a new chapter up this week.

• I've finally decided how the series is going to end. There's a possibility that this will be the last season, I'm hoping that even if it isn't the ending to the series it'll be an ending with enough closure as to where it could be considered the ending to the story if I were to not make a 4th season or so on. Thinking about the end of this story is really shocking, i've been writing it for so long now and the thought of it ending is just astounding. I wanted to get this out to keep everyone informed of my plans for the future of this story.

• Update: I've been wanting to finally finish the chapter but I can't seem to get free time to work on it. I'm writing as much as I can and hope that the chapter will be up this week.

• Episode 3: Side by Side Chapter 4: Gathering Intel

We decided that the best course of action was to ask around. We spread out and began asking if there were any sightings of the kid. After a while of getting nowhere I began to grow suspicious, I knew that someone had to have seen the kid leave. With everything happening all at once it was hard to stay focused on one individual task. I couldn’t get past Rodriguez setting us up, he could have been watching us for months and supplied the Followers with information so they know every inch of our base. I was going to get him for this but now was not the time, I needed to focus on finding Gwendal. With all of the shit happening around us I would hate for a small child to get caught in the middle of it. I needed to get back to The Mountain Top as soon as I could, maybe Nozomi could gather the community and we could finally take a stand against The Followers. Suddenly a loud crash came from outside the walls, I ran to the top of the platform and looked over the wall. I saw Gwendal banging on the wall with walkers right behind him. “Shit!” I yelled “Morgan, Nico, David!”. They joined my position. “We have to help him!” I said “Morgan can you get a shot on the walkers?” She reached for her rifle but was struck with the realization.

“Damn I left it at the armory!” She growled.

“We can’t use our assault rifles we could hit Gwendal!” Nico said.

“Someone get outside the wall.” David commanded

“I’ll go, if you see anymore while i’m down there you take the shot.” I said

I rushed through the gate and met with Gwendal. “Cody!” He cried

“Get behind me!” I ordered him

I drew my machete and slashed at the walkers, more and more came out from the forest until we were surrounded. Shots were fired from atop the wall taking out some of the walkers but when two were killed four more came out of the forest. Maybe these walkers were released by The Followers, I had to get Gwendal out of here. I saw an opening in the horde, I picked up Gwendal and made a beeline through. I noticed that the walkers were surrounding Wellington this had to be the work of The Followers. “Aghh!” I heard a cry from Gwendal. I didn’t have time to check on him so I just rushed through the gate. I lowered him down and noticed there was a bite mark on his ankle. I felt a lump in my throat, Gwendal was only nine years old and the only way to save his life was to cut off his foot. Nico, Morgan, Paige, and David joined my side. “Fuck…” Morgan sighed

“What do we do?” asked Nico

“You know what we have to do…” I grimaced

“Jesus this is a kid!” Nico argued

“It’s the only way to save his life. We’re running out of time.” I expressed

“Get a clean hatchet from the armory…” said George

“This is fucking nuts.” Nico walked towards the armory

“It’s going to be ok gwendal just take slow deep breaths.” Morgan added

“Wh-where’s my brother!?” Gwendal cried

“He’ll be with you in just a second, but you have to stay calm ok?” I tried to talk him through the pain.

“O-ok.” He said

“Morgan get Paige, now!” I commanded

Morgan rushed to her office and came back with Paige. Paige grimaced at the sight of the boy’s leg, Nico followed right behind. “Who’s going to do it?” asked Nico

“I don’t think I can.” said Morgan

“Give me the hatchet.” My voice trembled

I took the hatchet in my hand and kept a tight grip on it. I closed my eyes and searched for something to help me through this. “It’s going to be ok Gwendal.” I said before I chopped the bitten area. Paige grimaced and wrapped the area tightly, I looked around at the others they were equally disgusted at the sight. Gwendal became unconscious from the pain. “We’re taking him to your office.” I told Paige. We rushed to the office, Paige began to work on Gwendal. I looked over and noticed Maria was sitting upright staring at nothing in particular, her arms were wrapped around her body. “I’m gonna see how she’s doing.” I told Paige

“Just be careful. I don’t know what that sick fuck did to her but whatever he did it completely destroyed whoever she was before.” Paige warned me

“Are you sure?” I asked her

“I’m sorry.” said Paige

I walked to Maria and noticed that she was shivering and whispering something. “Maria?” I said “Do you remember me?”

“All I know about you is that you left me to die.” said Maria solemnly

“What’s my name?” I asked

Maria was unresponsive and only looked up at me with a blank expression but behind her eyes a world of sorrow and pain. My heart sank and I could only feel like this is what the leader wanted to do, weaken me through attacking my friends. It was working just looking at Maria made me feel immense amounts of guilt for taking so long to find her.

“Do you remember what he did to you?” I asked

Maria remained unresponsive. I placed my hand on her shoulder in an attempt to get my feelings through to her but nothing worked. I started to question my ability to lead my group out of harm’s way, it seemed no matter what I did we always found ourselves in an even worse situation than before. I felt empty, like nothing could ever make me feel happy again. I guess that’s the world we live in now, nothing but pain and helplessness. Out of nowhere gunfire came thundering into my eardrums from outside. I didn’t expect anyone to try and take out the walkers yet. Samantha burst through the doors and looked right at me. “Cody, Rodriguez and some of his people are at the front gate. They’re killing all of the walkers” She warned me. The anger of his deception and deceit led to what came next. “Morgan get your rifle, Nico grab an AK from the armory, David I need you and yours to get ready for a fight.” I ordered them.

“What’s going on?” asked Nico

“We’re getting rid of an essential part of The Followers’ strength.” I told him

I got to the top of the wall along with the others with several people waiting at the inside of the gate. “Hello Rodriguez.” I said

“I’m glad to see you again!” Rodriguez smiled “What happened to you after you left The Mountain Top?”

“We came back here and went back to their base. Maria was captured, we found their base and took out a large amount of their people.” I said

“Oh, that’s very unfortunate that Maria was captured. Did you find her?” He asked

“Yeah, she told us some interesting things. I don’t like talking like this, come inside and I’ll tell you more.” I told him

The gates were opened, Rodriguez and his fifteen people walked through and were immediately surrounded by my army. I walked towards him and examined his body language, he knew that I knew. “Take them in.” I said “We’ll have a nice talk.” They were led to the dining area, we had their hands bound with zip ties. “Kneel.” I commanded

“What’s this about?” Rodriguez pretended to be unaware

“How often do you meet with The Followers’ leader?” I asked straight forward

“What are you talking about?” said Rodriguez

I kicked him in the gut. “I asked you nicely now how often do you meet?” I demanded

“Dammit fine!” Rodriguez spat blood on the ground. “I usually meet with him three times a week.”

“Now, give me a good reason I shouldn’t kill you right now.” I raised my gun to his head.

“Hey hey hey! Put your damn gun down!” Rodriguez shouted

“I’ll give you to the count of ten.” I growled

“This is foolish you don’t-” He tried

“Ten.” I said

“Cody this isn’t the way to-” He sputtered

“Nine.” I continued

“Dammit will you put the fucking gun down!” He roared

“Eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two-” I growled

“OK! I have a meeting with him you can take him out then.” He nearly shouted

“When’s this meeting?” I asked

“It’s in two days. We’re meeting at the gas station on the road to The Mountain Top.” He admitted

“Thanks.” I kept my gun raised.

“Now let me go! I have nothing else to offer you.” He plead

“You’re completely right.” I said

[Execute Rodriguez] or [Imprison Rodriguez]

• [Execute Rodriguez]

Imprisoning him is too dangerous, as he might be able to escape and warn the leader of the Followers. Besides, this fucker has to die for what he did.

Episode 3: Side by Side Chapter 4: Gathering Intel We decided that the best course of action was to ask around. We spread out and began

Sign in to comment in this discussion.