TWD: The Fallen World

Comments

• Morgan would have gotten to the Mountain Top when The Followers were attacking, they would have shot Morgan in the shoulder. Nico would have died saving a group that included Paige and Gwendal.

Dodged a fatal situation there ._.

1. Who is your favorite character?

Still Morgan.

1. Which character would you like to see more of?

Clifford and Paige.

1. Which character would you like to learn more about?

Mostly Clifford and Katrina.

1. Where do you think the story is going?

As Liquid stated, we just finished with the 'war' we just went through. There may be stragglers of the Followers remaining and the occasional bandit, but things should be cool for awhile.

Alternative Choices: [Leave for the Mountain Top] Morgan would have gotten to the Mountain Top when The Followers were attacking, they

• Update: I've been trying to finish the chapter but i've been so busy lately that I haven't been able to get hardly anything done. I will try and get the chapter written by the end of the week at the latest. A preview will probably be up tomorrow or the day after.

• Preview for Episode 5: Rising From the Ashes Chapter 1: Safety For All

“Just search within a two-mile radius, we just need to get some more building materials and that should cover it. But if you find food or water don’t hesitate to to bring it along.” I spoke into the walkie-talkie.

“I made sure that he wouldn’t somehow come back, I didn’t want to take a chance.” I stuck the shovel firmly in the ground and turned to her.

“After what he did, after what he’s done.. No.” She closed her eyes.

“We were ambushed, Clifford was being attacked by a Follower and there was no choice. I raised my gun and I shot him. There was no other way.” Sam’s voice was becoming weaker.

“Shut the fuck up Nico.” Clifford kept his gun raised and shuffled through the store.

“Well damn, a lot of hostility coming my way. What’s wrong Cliff? Who pissed in your cheerios today?” Nico grinned and walked to the canned foods.

He could hear bullets firing and screams from both sides, people were falling to the ground and bleeding out. He shut his eyes and saw the leader in the distance.

Evelyn turned the knob and tried to get the frequency just right.

“Wellington, safety for all, community for all.” A woman’s voice was distinguishable.

“Holy shit!” Evelyn grinned from ear to ear “Finally!”

What are your thoughts?

• edited May 2016

“I made sure that he wouldn’t somehow come back, I didn’t want to take a chance.” I stuck the shovel firmly in the ground and turned to her.

I'm pretty sure it's Cody burying the Follower leader to make sure he doesn't return as a walker, together with someone else. This someone is obviously sad, so she probably lost people to the Followers and that means it's either Nozomi or Katrina. I think Nozomi is a bit more likely here, since I don't know if Cody would take Katrina on such a mission with him after she tried to sell him to the Followers. Or perhaps he does take her specifically to see if he can ever regain his trust. Though all in all, Nozomi is the more likely choice here.

“Shut the fuck up Nico.” Clifford kept his gun raised and shuffled through the store.

“Well damn, a lot of hostility coming my way. What’s wrong Cliff? Who pissed in your cheerios today?” Nico grinned and walked to the canned foods.

Yeah... Clifford is still a bit of a dick. This little snippet makes me wonder if his change of heart truly sticks or if he turns against Cody once more.

He could hear bullets firing and screams from both sides, people were falling to the ground and bleeding out. He shut his eyes and saw the leader in the distance.

The leader... Follower leader? My first idea was that this is the final fight against the Followers from someone else's PoV. Since Nico was the only male character around during the fight, I say its him, if it really is a retelling of the Follower fight from another PoV. Another possibility would be a new big fight, but it seems a bit too early for that, considering that it is the first chapter.

Evelyn turned the knob and tried to get the frequency just right.

“Wellington, safety for all, community for all.” A woman’s voice was distinguishable.

I have literally no idea who that is.

When's the new chapter coming out?

Preview for Episode 5: Rising From the Ashes Chapter 1: Safety For All “Just search within a two-mile radius, we just need to get some m

• Evelyn is a new character, I'm planning on getting the chapter out in the next 2 days.

• Ah, I see. I knew I have heard that name and it baffled me that I couldn't remember anything about her. But it appears I have read her name in the character list before. I'm very interested in that chapter, it appears a lot of stuff is going to happen, with Cody and at least one other person burying the Follower leader, Nico and perhaps Samantha getting their own parts, Clifford doing stuff, a fight taking place, this Evelyn person appearing and perhaps other stuff as well. Looking forward for it!

Evelyn is a new character, I'm planning on getting the chapter out in the next 2 days.

• The chapter is mainly going to be setting up different stories for each character.

Ah, I see. I knew I have heard that name and it baffled me that I couldn't remember anything about her. But it appears I have read her name

• Episode 5: Rising From the Ashes Chapter 1: Safety for All

“Have you checked the radio recently?” Jagger asked

“No, I’ve been a little preoccupied.” Danny stirred the food in the pot. The steam rolled out and warmed his face.

“I told you to check it at the top of each hour!” Jagger scolded him and continued sharpening his knife.

“It’s not that big of a deal, I can check it.” Evelyn interjected and paced towards the radio. She flipped a few of the switches and turned the knob. She went back and forth only hearing static. “It’s pretty dry out there.”

“I told you all it’s no damn use, I know you want to find a place to stay but it’s like I’ve always said: We survive by always moving.” Jagger stated.

Michiko was leaned up against a tree staying out of the conversation. “We’ve been out here too long. We need to find a community, more people!” Evelyn argued her point.

“I think Evelyn’s right about this.” Danny said with a hushed voice.

“Do you really think that’s a good idea after what happened?” Jagger asked all of them. Evelyn looked defeated and hung her head. “Exactly.”

“It’s a gamble either way, we can’t stay out here but it’s risky to use the radio to try and find people.” Danny stirred the food.

“What do you think about this?” Jagger turned his eyes to Michiko

“I think we should do whatever’s best for our survival. We’ve been doing fine out here why the hell do we need more people?” said Michiko

“You see? At least someone agrees with me.” Jagger grinned

“Well--ton, saf--y for a--.” The radio buzzed with overwhelming static.

“What did that say?” Evelyn looked back to the others. Jagger shrugged and went back to his work. Evelyn turned the knob and tried to get the frequency just right.

“No fucking way.” Danny rushed to Evelyn’s side.

“Just search within a two-mile radius, we just need to get some more building materials and that should cover it. But if you find food or water don’t hesitate to to bring it along.” I spoke into the walkie-talkie.

“You got it. When are we planning on clearing out Wellington?” Nico asked

“Soon enough, first we need to get things squared away here.” I said

“Sounds good, how’s Paige?”

“Trevin told me that he would be able to make a prosthetic arm for her and a leg for Gwendal.” I smiled at the thought.

“Great!” Nico sounded joyed.

“I gotta get going, stay safe out there.” I said

“You too.” I heard a click and put the walkie-talkie back on my belt loop.

I rubbed my eyes and penetrated the soil with the shovel in my hands. I scooped the dirt from the ground and piled it neatly to the side. Even with all of the chaos we were able to retrieve David’s body so that we could bury him. Katrina wasn’t too talkative the past few days but I was sure it would pass. “You need a hand?” Nozomi approached me.

“Not really but I think Zack could use some help with tilling the garden. But that’s not why you’re here.” I said

“No, it’s not. I need to know… how did he die?” asked Nozomi

“The Followers must have caught him when Wellington-” I tried to say

“No, not him. The leader, tell me how that sonuva bitch died.” Nozomi’s voice became shaky.

“Nozomi, I don’t think it’s a good idea to-” I was worried

“Tell me. Now.” She demanded

“He was shot in the chest and bleeding out. When we stopped the rest of them, I put a bullet in his head.” I said

“You gave him a mercy he didn’t deserve.” Nozomi was becoming angry.

I noticed her wrists were bandaged. “Nozomi have you been…?” I was in disbelief.

She glanced at her wrists and put her hands in her pockets. “What?”

“Nothing.” I looked back at her.

“You should probably get back to what you’re doing.” She said and left.

“Yeah.” I turned and picked the shovel back up.

Morgan looked up at the sky and had a good feeling about the day. It was good to see that The Mountain Top was finally being rebuilt to its former glory. Leonidas gathered a group of people to talk over something. Morgan wasn’t comfortable with it but there wasn’t much she could do. It was something her and Cody would need to go over but at the moment he was busy with other matters. Samantha was walking by not seeming to be in any particular hurry. “Hey, Sam!”

“Oh, hey Morgan.” Sam turned to face her.

“What are you doing today?” She asked

“Cody said something about the garden, I figured I would go and check it out. You need something?” Sam wiped her forehead with a rag.

“Just wondering if you know where Katrina’s at.” said Morgan

“Last time I saw her she was walking along the wall, no clue what she’s up to though.” Sam looked behind her at the wall.

“Thanks, you need help with the garden?” Morgan was curious.

“Nah I got it.” Sam smiled and began to walk away.

“Sam.” Morgan called out.

“Yeah?” She turned.

“How are you doing? The past few days you’ve seemed, distant.” said Morgan

Sam sighed and looked back at Morgan, her eyes bright. “I killed someone.”

“What?” Morgan was surprised.

“We were ambushed, Clifford was being attacked by a Follower and there was no choice. I raised my gun and I shot him. There was no other way.” Sam’s voice was becoming weaker.

“It’s not your fault, you saved Clifford.” Morgan tried to console her.

“Morgan, don’t. I already know, they didn’t deserve to live anyway.” Sam turned back and walked away.

Nico put the walkie-talkie back in his pocket. Clifford waved his hand and motioned Nico and the others to move forward. Nico kept his grip on the rifle in his hands tight. He put his back to the wall and turned through the doorway. The store was dark and it reeked of the dead. “Damn man it almost smells as bad as you do!” He joked with Clifford.

“Nico, not now.” Jim shook his head and walked away.

“I think you’re rubbing off on the rest of them Cliff.” Nico chuckled and looked at a can of green beans. Nico tried to keep his mind off of The Followers but nothing could stop the memories from leaking into his thoughts. He could hear bullets firing and screams from both sides, people were falling to the ground and bleeding out. He shut his eyes and saw the leader in the distance. Walkers were coming from the sides of his view and collapsed onto him. They tore into his flesh and suddenly the leader of The Followers was standing over him. He brought a bloody axe over his head and swung down. Nico gasped and dropped the can of green beans to the ground. He stumbled and bumped into the row of food. His palms were sweaty and his forehead was damp. “Shit man! You okay?” Clifford rushed to his aid.

“Yeah, just lost my footing is all.” Nico lied.

“You sure?” Clifford was suspicious.

“Yeah, I told you I just lost my footing.” Nico rubbed his eyes and continued through the row. Clifford became silent and went back to what he was doing. Nico made sure to put the cans in his bag and he continued on to the other rows. Nico was unsure why he didn’t tell Clifford, maybe he was embarrassed? He put it from his mind, they had a long day ahead of them.

I looked at my watch and realized that the funeral was about to start. I walked back to my room and changed out of my dirty clothes. Morgan was with me and before we left gave me a look of uncertainty, I nodded and we joined the others. We stood in rows with Katrina being the only one able to speak for David. “He was a good man, the best I knew. You don’t come across many people that change your life the way he changed mine. He was loyal to the very end. Not many of us can say that about ourselves.” I heard my walkie-talkie start to go off. Katrina stopped herself and people were starting to look at me.

“I was glad to see so many of you come to this, you didn’t know him yet you came. The group that had to go get supplies will be missed, but I know David would want us to keep doing what we could to keep things running.” Katrina continued. The walkie-talkie started to go off again. I had no way of knowing who it was but what if it was Nico? I put my hand on the walkie-talkie. I would feel bad interrupting the funeral but it could be serious.

[Answer the walkie-talkie] or [Ignore it]

enter link description here

• Huh, it appears I was right with at least some of my predictions. Though for some reason I didn't really consider that they would bury David, but was so fixed on the Follower leader. But I was right about Nozomi being the one present there and about Nico getting a Follower flashback. I'm still a bit suspicious about Clifford, but his interaction with Nico at the end of their part helped a bit in regaining my trust in him.

[Ignore it]

I don't think it is Nico. He was fine the last time we saw him after all. Also, it would feel extremely disrespectful towards David to answer the walkie-talkie in this situation, as well as disrespectful towards Katrina, who just gives a eulogy to the person she cared for the most, perhaps even the only one in this group she truly seemed to care about. Perhaps she was just extremely desperate, but it's entirely possible that she already had some sort of issue with Cody when she tried to make a deal with the freaking Followers. While she can be happy that Cody kept her around instead of imprisoning or banishing her, I don't want to stress their already strained relationship even more. If it is really important, can't the guy at the other end of the walkie-talkie speak first?

Episode 5: Rising From the Ashes Chapter 1: Safety for All “Have you checked the radio recently?” Jagger asked “No, I’ve been a littl

• [Ignore it]

Well, there is a funeral going on, better not to disrespect people around... even if I think that we will miss something important because of that, we should keep good vibe between community members.

Episode 5: Rising From the Ashes Chapter 1: Safety for All “Have you checked the radio recently?” Jagger asked “No, I’ve been a littl

• [Ignore it]

It might be Evelyn's group, but still...David deserves atleast this.

• Voting has closed. Cody will ignore the walkie-talkie. I'm going to try and get a preview up by the end of the week.

• edited May 2016

Preview for Chapter 2: Complications

"Take that as you will but we would have been much better off if we never met you people. David would still be alive.”

“Look, after what we’ve been through and all we’ve survived I’m sure we’ll be fine.” Morgan smiled

She noticed Cody and Morgan walking back to their rooms, she sighed and turned from the window. She was hesitant to look back out until she heard Leonidas outside.

“Look I get that you lost him but you don’t have to take it out on the people around you. I’m just trying to help you.”

“Wait a minute, do you hear that?” Nozomi paced towards a sound not far from them.

“Now. I have everything ready, some food and water and a couple of knives.” Samantha told her

Thoughts?

• edited May 2016

"Take that as you will but we would have been much better off if we never met you people. David would still be alive.”

Undoubtedly, that is Katrina talking to Cody and/or Morgan and as expected, she blames them for David's death. It's a good thing we didn't anger her further by disrupting the funeral, so hopefully they can sort this out somehow.

“Look, after what we’ve been through and all we’ve survived I’m sure we’ll be fine.” Morgan smiled

This in turn is Morgan talking to someone who is most likely Cody, probably shortly after the talk with Katrina.

She noticed Cody and Morgan walking back to their rooms, she sighed and turned from the window. She was hesitant to look back out until she heard Leonidas outside.

Leonidas? Oh shit, that fucking asshole is never good news. I'm still not sure why he is not dead after all the shit he pulled off, which was way worse than what Clifford or Katrina did, but nothing good can come out of having him around. So, a woman hears him outside. This woman might be Katrina, though Nozomi is another possibility. If it is Katrina, I fear for the worst, because Leonidas might influence her to go down an even darker road than before. I definitely don't see him as an ally of the group and wouldn't be too surprised if he secretly plots his revenge, by using Katrina's troubled emotional state to his advantage.

“Look I get that you lost him but you don’t have to take it out on the people around you. I’m just trying to help you.”

This is someone, talking to either Katrina or Nozomi about the loss of David or Nozomi's son. Considering that Katrina is the one who is rather clearly taking things out on the people around her, I'm leaning more towards her, though as seen below, Nozomi has something to do in this chapter as well, so we'll see. A third possibility is that Nozomi is talking to Katrina here, considering that she suffered a recent loss as well and therefore, she can probably relate to her the best.

“Wait a minute, do you hear that?” Nozomi paced towards a sound not far from them.

This is probably something bad. I have the bad feeling that our decision not to check the walkie talkie in the last chapter is now going to matter in some way, though it might be something unrelated to that. In any way, I am sure it is going to be bad.

“Now. I have everything ready, some food and water and a couple of knives.” Samantha told her

Samantha is talking to another woman. Literally anyone can be possible here, from Morgan, to Nozomi, Katrina or Paige. Since Nozomi and Katrina almost certainly are going to have a lot to do in this chapter, I'm more leaning towards Morgan or Paige, with Paige somehow being the more likely possibility in my eyes. Anyways, I have no idea what Samantha is going to do there. Setting up a cooking course perhaps? For some reason, that was the first thing I thought of XD

When is the new chapter coming out?

Preview for Chapter 2: Complications "Take that as you will but we would have been much better off if we never met you people. David woul

• The next chapter will hopefully be coming out in the next few days. I've been really busy lately and it's been hard to write. Now onto what you think will happen. You have great thoughts on the next chapter and I will say that the walkie-talkie decision was a big one.

"Take that as you will but we would have been much better off if we never met you people. David would still be alive.” Undoubtedly,

• edited May 2016

Take your time! I'm looking forward for it. And yeah, I guessed the walkie talkie decision was big, though I can't really say if we decided right or wrong. Katrina is very much on the edge, so perhaps it was a good decision to be respectful to her and David, especially if Leonidas may end up trying to turn her against Cody once more. On the other hand, it's possible that there will be negative consequences coming out of that decision as well, unrelated to how Katrina feels about Cody. Or perhaps there will be positive and negative consequences, which I see as the most likely outcome.

The next chapter will hopefully be coming out in the next few days. I've been really busy lately and it's been hard to write. Now onto what

• Episode 5: Rising From the Ashes Chapter 2: Complications

I ignored the radio and let Katrina proceed with her speech. “It’s surprising just how fast things can change, one moment we were safe in our cave away from people that would try to harm us. And suddenly we were brought into a war. Take that as you will but we would have been much better off if we never met you people. David would still be alive.” Katrina stopped and walked away with tears filling her eyes. Morgan and I looked at each other with worry.

“Who do you think could have been using the walkie-talkie?” Morgan asked

“I’m not sure, I just hope it wasn’t Nico.” I said

“Well if it was him I’m sure he would have said something. It might just be best to put it out of our minds.” Morgan wondered

“Maybe, I hope we’re doing the right thing though.” I said

“Well I’m glad you’re taking role of the optimist.” I grinned

“I’m quite surprised myself actually.” Morgan said

“Well, it suits you.” I turned to her

Morgan looked into my eyes and smiled. “I guess.”

I closed my eyes and I heard gunfire followed by shouts. I took a deep breath and opened them again. “Everything okay?” Morgan asked

“Yeah, I’m fine.” I smiled back at her.

“Alright, I’ll take your word for it. You can talk to me, you know that right?” Morgan placed her hand on my cheek. It was warm and comforting.

“I do.” Each breath was becoming more shallow each time.

“Good.” Morgan began to smile again. I put my arm around her waist and we walked back to my room.

Nozomi had watched the funeral from her room. Beatrice had urged her to go with her but Nozomi refused. It was hard for her to be around anyone, she wanted to get back into her old routine but at the moment that wasn’t an option. She noticed Cody and Morgan walking back to their rooms, she sighed and turned from the window. She was hesitant to look back out until she heard Leonidas outside. He was gathering a lot of people and preaching something, Nozomi couldn’t quite make out what he was saying. She scowled at Leonidas and became increasingly paranoid about another attack maybe because of Leonidas or from some bandits. KNOCK KNOCK. Nozomi turned and went to her door. She opened it up to see Samantha standing there with her hands at her side. “Hello.” Nozomi sounded agitated.

“Hi, Nozomi.” Samantha stood there

“What do you want?” Nozomi asked

“Do you mind if I come in?” Samantha asked

“Go ahead.” Nozomi moved and let Samantha in. Nozomi shut the door and sat next to Samantha.

“I just wanted to see how you were doing.” Samantha said

“Well if I’m completely honest, shitty.” Nozomi picked up a glass of water from her desk.

“Oh. Well if you ever need to talk about something.”

“Yeah, I get it. Is that all?” Nozomi scowled at her

“Look I get that you lost him but you don’t have to take it out on the people around you. I’m just trying to help you.” Samantha put her hand on Nozomi's shoulder

Nozomi sighed. “I’m sorry. It’s just been hard.”

“I get it, I also wanted to see if you’d go with me.” Samantha said

“Go with you? Where?” Nozomi asked

“Just outside of the wall, take a walk. We can’t get into too much trouble out there can we?” Samantha grinned.

“I guess not. When would we leave?” Nozomi was curious.

“Yeah, why not?” Nozomi grinned.

There was a light breeze outside of the walls. It was refreshing to be out of the community for a while for both Nozomi and Samantha. They walked through the woods and about a mile from The Mountain Top they decided to rest. Nozomi took a bottle of water from her bag and took a swig. “I’ve enjoyed this.” Nozomi smiled

“I thought you would.” Samantha took a bite of a granola bar.

“If only it was always this peaceful.” Nozomi examined the area.

“In a perfect world. We should do this more.” Samantha looked at Nozomi.

Samantha trailed behind her. “What is it?”

“I hear people, maybe three.” said Nozomi

Nozomi stopped behind a tree and some bushes. She peeked around and noticed a man and two women arguing about something. “Shit.” she said

Nico’s bag was finally full, Clifford and the rest were waiting for him by the door. He walked quickly through the aisles and found himself caught up with the group. Clifford looked at him suspiciously, Nico didn’t realize how much he was shaking. “We’re heading out, are you ready?” Clifford asked Nico

“Yeah, let’s get out of here.” Nico’s voice was shaky

“Alright, keep your guns up until we get back into the woods. It’s only a mile or so, we shouldn’t have too many problems.” Clifford instructed the group

They pushed through the doors and readied themselves. Eyes were in every direction, ready for a fight. “Clifford.” Nico said

“Yeah?” Clifford answered, his eyes focused on the road

“How long do you think it’ll take for us to clear out Wellington?” He asked

“I’m not sure, it really just depends on the walkers and if a majority of them left Wellington. It could take hours maybe even days. But I know it’ll get done.” Clifford said

“I wonder if people are still trapped there, it’s been weeks since the Followers attacked it.” Nico was unsure

“I think mostly everyone got or… didn’t make it.” Clifford said

“Truck up ahead!” Jim called out

“Shit! Everyone get behind that house.” Clifford pointed to a house closest to them.. The group rushed to cover in hopes of the people not seeing them. The truck stopped close to the gas station and not too far from the group. “We can go around the house and take a longer way back, they might not see us but it’ll add a lot of time to our trip.” Nico whispered

“We can’t take that risk! We have the firepower, we should confront them. Who knows maybe they’re good people.” Clifford countered

[Confront the group] or [Keep Moving]

• edited June 2016

[Confront the group]

If Clifford says they have the firepower, then I believe him. Not checking on a potential enemy sounds in fact even more dangerous than ignoring them in the hopes that they won't confront them. I say, let's check them out on our terms, surprise them before they can surprise us.

And it sadly appears I was wrong with most my predictions this time. In the end, what I believed to be several scenes ended up being the one scene with Nozomi. Though I am still surprised why Leonidas is still alive. I just remembered what exactly he did that made me despise him so much. He tried to murder Cody. Given, Clifford and Katrina effectively did the same, though Clifford never went through with it and was able to be talked down from this, while Katrina had a very good reason for her actions. Or at least, I think she has a very good reason, as I'm still not entirely sure why she did it. Leonidas meanwhile had no reason and no redeeming feature and I am baffled that he is allowed to walk around freely in the community. This little snippet with him preaching to a group of people was obviously him trying to rally the people against Cody and Nozomi. The ending to Nozomi's part makes me think that she might have even spotted him, probably plotting to kill Cody. One of the women with him might be Katrina, who seems to distance herself even more from everyone else in the community. What she said in the end worries me and she clearly needs people around her whom she can trust again. I'm still not sure what to think of her until we learned about her motives for trusting the Followers the first time, though I at least hope she's not capable of pulling another betrayal, because this time would be in cold blood. Leonidas meanwhile... yeah, he's totally going to end up betraying Cody again and given Nozomi's reaction to spotting these people, I wouldn't be surprised if he is among them. As for the women with him, Katrina is the only one I could think of, though I hope I'm wrong on this one. In any way, I have not even a theory who the second woman might be.

Episode 5: Rising From the Ashes Chapter 2: Complications I ignored the radio and let Katrina proceed with her speech. “It’s surprising

• [Confront the group]

Most of what Liquid said applies to my answer as well, also the fact that it might be Evelyn's group/Nico and Co have more firepower than them most likely.

Episode 5: Rising From the Ashes Chapter 2: Complications I ignored the radio and let Katrina proceed with her speech. “It’s surprising

• [Confront the group]

• UPDATE: I'm going to be getting a preview out by the end of the week.

• Preview for Chapter 3: Old Friends

Nozomi slammed the door behind her and walked to her desk. She looked at the lamp next to her, she snatched it from the desk and threw it against the wall. It shattered into a hundred pieces. Nozomi rubbed her eyes and slammed her fist down.

I looked at Morgan and sighed, it would be difficult. I knew we had to act soon, the longer we wait the harder it will be. Katrina averted her eyes from the map and paced around the room. "Morgan, I need some time with Katrina." My voice was soft.

"Are you sure?" Morgan turned her head back to me.

"Go." I said

Clifford felt relief, something he hadn't felt in a long time. He looked at Nico and they seemed to feel the same.

Paige looked at the arm Brandon made for her. She slipped the straps on and looked at the three metallic hooks. She then tied her boots and stepped into the next room. She opened the door to her left and looked inside. Gwendal was still asleep, Paige smiled and quietly shut the door. She went to the front door and looked back at the room Gwendal was in.

Thoughts?

• edited June 2016

Nozomi slammed the door behind her and walked to her desk. She looked at the lamp next to her, she snatched it from the desk and threw it against the wall. It shattered into a hundred pieces. Nozomi rubbed her eyes and slammed her fist down.

So, whatever Nozomi saw at the end of the last chapter, she obviously survives it. Perhaps there won't even be a confrontation with the people she saw there, but she is obviously deeply upset at what she saw. That makes me believe that her outburst in this snippet is a result of seeing someone there. We know, she saw two women and one man. If they are conspiring against Cody, then the man is certainly Leonidas. As much as I hope to be wrong here, one of the women might be Katrina, who has a potential motive revealed. But neither of them are close enough to Nozomi to justify such anger from her. So, this gave me the idea, what if the second woman is Beatrice? If she'd be to conspire against Cody, then I could certainly understand Nozomi's anger.

I looked at Morgan and sighed, it would be difficult. I knew we had to act soon, the longer we wait the harder it will be. Katrina averted her eyes from the map and paced around the room. "Morgan, I need some time with Katrina." My voice was soft.

"Are you sure?" Morgan turned her head back to me.

"Go." I said

This sounds like a talk long overdue and it's going to be super hard for both of them. Katrina lost everything because Cody stepped into her life and in turn she did the single most desperate action possible, she betrayed him to the fucking Followers. They seriously have a lot to talk about and I could see this to be a very important part for their relationship, which might improve somehow, maybe even to the point where Kat is going to develop some sort of loyalty for him and won't betray him again. On a positive note, I don't see much room for their relationship to get any worse at this point. She obviously holds a lot of resentment, even tried to sell him to the Followers and potentially still conspires with that cunt Leonidas, so it really can't get much worse. Hopefully they can end up patching things up between them.

Clifford felt relief, something he hadn't felt in a long time. He looked at Nico and they seemed to feel the same.

Wait... something good happened? What is this sorcercy? This can only mean that one of them is about to die soon. In all seriousness though, I guess the confrontation with this other group will go smoothly.

Paige looked at the arm Brandon made for her. She slipped the straps on and looked at the three metallic hooks. She then tied her boots and stepped into the next room. She opened the door to her left and looked inside. Gwendal was still asleep, Paige smiled and quietly shut the door. She went to the front door and looked back at the room Gwendal was in.

Paige is apparently on her way to become a cyborg now and she also bonds with Gwendal, perhaps taking some sort of motherly role for him. Since it seems she gets the final part of the next chapter, if the order of the snippets is anything to go by, then something else might happen in her part as well.

When is the next chapter coming out?

Preview for Chapter 3: Old Friends Nozomi slammed the door behind her and walked to her desk. She looked at the lamp next to her, she sna

• It should be ready in a few days.

Nozomi slammed the door behind her and walked to her desk. She looked at the lamp next to her, she snatched it from the desk and threw it ag

• Episode 5: Rising From the Ashes Chapter 3: Old Friends

Nozomi saw Leonidas talking with Katrina and Beatrice. Nozomi’s heart dropped, everything seemed to slow down. Samantha was equally shocked at what she saw. “There’s nothing left to talk about. At first it’ll be hard but soon it’ll all pay off. Sacrifices will have to be made, you know this.” Leonidas took Beatrice’s hand in his. “And about our agreement.” Leonidas turned to Katrina.

“Don’t worry, I didn’t forget.” Katrina nodded

Nozomi turned and stormed off, not caring if they discovered her. Samantha joined her. “Nozomi, wait!”

“I can’t believe her!” Nozomi was furious.

“Nozomi, try to calm down..” Samantha tried to reason with her

“Calm down!? I trusted Beatrice and she does this. We need to watch those three, but we can’t let them know we’re onto them.” They were almost back to the gate.

“Open the gate!” Samantha called to Valerie.

Nozomi wouldn’t slow down, Samantha just watched her storm off. She helped Valerie close the gate. Nozomi proceeded to her room. Nozomi slammed the door behind her and walked to her desk. She looked at the lamp next to her, she snatched it from the desk and threw it against the wall. It shattered into a hundred pieces. Nozomi rubbed her eyes and slammed her fist down. She looked at the necklace Beatrice found for her on a run. She clutched it in her fist and waited.

“Alright, we’re going to come up behind them with our guns ready. Let’s go!” Clifford led the group behind the truck, they began to surround it. “Come out, now!” The doors opened and six people came out. They put their hands up.

“Please, we don’t want any trouble. My name’s April, April Warrens” She was short and had blonde hair and green eyes.

“What are you and your people doing out here?” Nico asked her.

“We’re just trying to find a new home.” April told him “Our community was attacked not too long ago, they burnt it to the ground and tried to kill all of us. We were lucky to escape when we did.”

“Wait, what’s the name of your community?” Clifford was suspicious

“Well, it was called The Sanctuary.” said April

“Holy shit.” Nico began to chuckle. Clifford felt relief, something he hadn’t felt in a long time. Nico and him exchanged looks, they seemed to feel the same. “We’re from Wellington and The Mountain Top. You can come back with us, we’ll find some gas and we can head back to The Mountain Top.”

“How can we trust you?” A man pitched in.

“Nico, the walkie-talkie.” Clifford said

Nico handed him the walkie-talkie. Clifford clicked the button and asked. “Cody?”

“Clifford, what is it?” Cody asked

“We found some people from The Sanctuary, we’re trying to bring them back with us. Unfortunately they don’t trust us.” said Clifford

“Make sure they hear me.” Cody told Clifford. “I visited your community once, I met with your leader. I’m the leader of Wellington.”

“Cody, I remember him.” April said. “We should go with them. It’s our best shot.” She looked at the rest of her group.

“We’ll have Team A split off here, then once they’ve drawn the walkers away Team B will flank from the right and take out the walkers with knives, we’ll want them quiet. They’ll have a time frame of five minutes before Team C comes in and clears the buildings.” I sighed and looked at Morgan, it would be difficult. I knew we had to act soon. Katrina looked at the plan and then averted her eyes from the map and began to pace around the room. I knew this would be the best time. “Morgan, I need some time with Katrina.” I spoke softly

“Are you sure?” Morgan looked up at me.

“Go.” I said.

Morgan turned the knob and looked back at me, I nodded and she exited the room. “So, you want to talk?” Katrina pulled up a chair.

“I think it’d be best.” I said

“Well, this is your idea. Start.” Katrina got comfortable.

“Do you blame me for David’s death?” I asked her

“No.” Katrina said

“Then why did you sell me out?” I wondered

“Before George and I went back to Wellington David said he would cover us. When I came back he was just.. gone. I was devastated, it wasn’t something I wanted to do. Before we were ambushed on the road they took me into the forest. I didn’t know what to expect but their leader told me that he had David and to save his life, I would have to give him yours. The whole time I was questioning just what the hell I was doing. I’m sorry Cody.” Katrina revealed

“It’s okay Katrina.” I said “I forgive you.” Katrina hugged me

“I’m so sorry.” She started to tear up.

Paige woke up in the middle of the night, she was having a hard time sleeping that night. She decided she would take a walk. It was a warm enough night that she wouldn’t need a heavy coat. Paige turned her eyes to the night table where her prosthetic arm was set. Brandon had finished it up the day before, she only had a day with it but it was working great. The three metallic hooks made manual labor much easier on her. She strapped the arm on and tied her boots. She stepped into the next room and made her way to the door on the left. She opened it slowly and looked inside. Gwendal was fast asleep, Paige smiled and quietly shut the door. Before she stepped out of the trailer house she looked back at Gwendals room. The night air was cold and refreshing. She noticed that all of the snow from the winter had finally melted away. It was calm, besides the people on guard duty Paige thought she was the only one out at this time of night. Paige could hear what sounded like a few people talking near the armory.

“I talked to him today, he forgave me.” Paige heard a woman’s voice.

“Good, did you see Nozomi after our talk?” Paige knew it was Leonidas

Paige hid behind the wall. “No, she hasn’t talked to me recently.” Beatrice said

“If we want this to work we’re going to have to have Cody and Nozomi’s trust, without that we’ll never be able to go through with this.” Leonidas told her

[Keep listening] or [Join the conversation]

• [Keep listening]

Episode 5: Rising From the Ashes Chapter 3: Old Friends Nozomi saw Leonidas talking with Katrina and Beatrice. Nozomi’s heart dropped, e

• edited June 2016

[Keep listening] I see no reason to join the conversation. As long as they don't know that Paige is around, they might be more open to discuss anything that could give us an idea just what exactly is going on here and what exactly they plan. While it is not confirmed that they are outright plotting against Cody and Nozomi, it certainly sounds that way and

And oh man... I mean, I'm not surprised by Leonidas plotting against Cody. Leaving him alive after he already shot him has to be the single most stupid thing Cody ever did and I have absolutely no idea why he did it back then. It's as if he was asking to get betrayed later on. Similarly, I am not exactly shocked by Beatrice's involvement. I never liked her anyways. Katrina though... I must say I am not sure if I should be surprised, or if I should have seen it coming. I certainly hoped she could change and learn from her earlier mistake, though it seems I was wrong. It just baffles me that the same woman who passionately convinced the other Wolves to help the citizens of Wellington during the walker attack not long ago is now apparently coldly planning to betray Cody once again, for absolutely no reason this time. It's this uncharacteristic ruthlessness that makes me hope that there's something else going on here and that she doesn't truly plan to betray him, because this second time surely can't end well for her. The first time, the Follower leader used her when she was vulnerable and he manipulated her, but this time? Leonidas has been nothing but a slimy, pathetic weasel and I doubt he's able to pull off the same feat. A part of me thinks that there is no way Katrina could be stupid enough to do the same mistake twice in a row, that she could betray Cody once more, with Leonidas of all people and in utterly cold blood this time. I mean, she can't possibly be that stupid, right? I certainly hope this is all part of some trick of hers and that she never plans to betray Cody again, especially after he just forgave her. She even teared up when she apologized and it baffles me that she now seems to be that cold. Then again, I probably shouldn't be surprised. Don't know what I expected, but I probably shouldn't be surprised. Hopefully at least Nozomi won't be stupid enough to stay silent about this towards Cody.

Episode 5: Rising From the Ashes Chapter 3: Old Friends Nozomi saw Leonidas talking with Katrina and Beatrice. Nozomi’s heart dropped, e

• So, it's been some time. Any update on when the new part will be out?

• Was having some computer problems, I'm planning on getting the new chapter up as soon as I can.

So, it's been some time. Any update on when the new part will be out?

• Ah, alright, take your time! I'm just glad to hear it's not cancelled, I was already worried after such a long silence.

Was having some computer problems, I'm planning on getting the new chapter up as soon as I can.

• Episode 5: Rising From the Ashes Chapter 4: A Step in the Right Direction

Paige kept her back on the wall and listened in on the conversation. She decided they might stop talking if she were to join. “I agree.” Katrina replied

“It’s been a few weeks after what happened, are you sure he trusts you?” Leonidas asked Katrina

“I think so, but after what I did…” Katrina became choked up.

“Regardless the plan should work fine, I’ll be in the watchtower at about three o’clock tomorrow. I’ll have my rifle ready, Katrina you will be at the bottom making sure no one tries to come up. Beatrice you’re going to lure him to the middle of town, make sure you get everyone’s attention.” Leonidas recited.

“Are you sure I should be the one getting his attention?” asked Beatrice

Paige had a hard time hearing the plan and tried to shuffle closer. Her prosthetic arm scraped against the wall and screeched. “Shit!” Paige muttered to herself.

“Who’s out there?” Beatrice called.

Paige turned to make a break for it but before she could even step a cold hand came across her mouth and pulled her close. Leonidas threw Paige into the small room and shut the door. “Shut her up!” Leonidas commanded Beatrice. Beatrice took duct tape from the shelf and tore off a strip long enough for Paige’s mouth. Paige struggled in Leonidas’ arms as he shoved her into an empty chair. Beatrice wrapped Paige’s arms to the furnace near the chairs. The room was hot, the aroma of bread filled Paige’s nostrils. They must be using one of the kitchens as their meeting place. Paige thought. Katrina looked at Paige with remorse. Paige scowled back at her showing her hate to Katrina. “She’s heard too much!” Beatrice told Leonidas. “We have to kill her.”

“I don’t find that very necessary, we’ll just keep her locked up outside of the community. At least until we finish the job and everything’s taken care of.” Leonidas spoke lightly. “Katrina, make sure that no one’s outside. You and I will drag her to the spot.”

“I’m going with you.” Katrina told him

“Why? We need someone to keep a lookout.” said Leonidas

“Beatrice can, I need to take her.” Katrina demanded

“Fine, let’s hurry!” Leonidas urged them.

Beatrice exited the shack and turned the corner to the armory, it appeared clear. She whistled for the others. “Grab the other side of the chair. Quickly!” Leonidas told Katrina. They drug her through the dirt and into the night. They were at the gate in no time, they opened it up just enough to drag Paige through. It wouldn’t take too long for them to take Paige away. Paige looked around her and only saw trees towering over her and patches of dead grass. The sun was beginning to rise before they stopped at an old house. Leonidas turned the knob and threw the door open. The inside was destroyed, furniture was broken or overturned and pictures that used to hang on the walls were busted on the ground. They dragged her into one of the bedrooms. They drug her to the middle of the room and set the chair upright. “Let’s go, she won’t be going anywhere.” Leonidas told Katrina.

“Before we leave, I want to make sure that she can’t get out. You can go on ahead, I’ll catch up with you.” Katrina told him.

“Go ahead, just hurry the fuck up. We don’t have time for this!” Leonidas grit his teeth. Katrina stood there until she heard Leonidas exit the house. She turned to Paige and grinned.

“Katrina?” Leonidas turned around. Katrina was finished and ready to get back to The Mountain Top. By now people would be waking up it would be difficult for them to sneak back into the community. Once they reached the walls the sun was up, Beatrice wouldn’t be able to open the gate without people noticing. “Call to Beatrice and have her toss a ladder out.” Katrina told Leonidas. He followed through and eventually they got their ladder. Leonidas looked at Katrina “Remember, watchtower at three. Make sure no one comes up.”

“No problem.” said Katrina. Leonidas nodded and joined Beatrice. Katrina needed to sleep after their long night of planning, she needed to be ready for what came next.

Clifford looked out the window, a few walkers were tearing into something. April decided she was going to drive the truck back to The Mountain Top, she didn’t trust Clifford and the rest just yet. Clifford was curious, he was never at The Sanctuary after it was attacked maybe it was still salvageable? The truck wasn’t able to take everyone so they scavenged some gas for a van close to the road. April glanced over at Clifford. “So you finally got rid of them?” She asked

“We killed their leader and took out just about everyone else, I’d be surprised if there are any left.” He said

“That’s a relief, I’m guessing they were able to destroy Wellington too?” April guessed

“Yeah, Cody wants to rebuild but I don’t know if we have the supplies or the manpower to do it. I guess now we won’t have to worry about anyone trying to take us on. I mean what comes after a group like that?” Clifford replied

“Hard to tell, hopefully peacetime.” April sighed

“Knowing this world, that’ll only last a while. Then we’ll be back to the regularly scheduled shitshow.” Clifford turned his eyes to the road.

“Not disagreeing with you on that one.” April sped up.

“Since we have all of this time.. Tell me about yourself.” Clifford said

“That’s not a story you want to hear.” April grinned

“I’m all ears.” Clifford grinned back

“I was with my mom after the divorce, things were going great until they didn’t. We were on the move a lot in the beginning, never staying in one spot for too long. She was always paranoid about running into people that would try and hurt us. Eventually we holed up in a store and we had everything we needed, I wanted to stay but my mom said it was too dangerous. Eventually she stopped trying to argue and we stayed there. One of the windows broke and the biters got through, that’s when I lost her. I was on my own for a long time after that happened, but when I was tired of running away I found The Sanctuary. I didn’t know anyone else before and I never grouped up with people until then. I almost lost myself out there. But after a year I’m better, it upsets me to talk about her and share that story. I always blamed myself for her death, I’ve learned to accept what happened and that I can’t change it. Enough with my sob story, how about you?” said April

“I was a Sergeant of the military, I was traveling back to the barracks in a jet. I was trying to enjoy my time, it was to be a fairly long ride. We were all talking and somehow even with all of the reports of sickness had a great time. But out of nowhere we were shot down by another jet, next thing I know I’m grabbing a parachute and jumping out just to try and survive. Maybe if I knew I was freefalling into hell on earth I would’ve just stayed on. Anyway, when I landed I was deep into the forest with only seven rounds in my pistol and a canteen halfway filled with water. I set up my own camp, I had it made. I set up traps so that none of the walkers could get me in my sleep. I was discovered by a group of people out on a run, told me they were gathering supplies for their community. After a lot of persuasion I joined them and went back. Now here I am.” Clifford recalled

“Look at us, a couple of lone survivors.” April chuckled

“It’s hard to go from being all alone to being surrounded by people. I thought I was dreaming when they took me in.” said Clifford

“But along with the good comes the bad, like most of the people left in this world.” replied April

“Maybe you’re right, I’m certainly not a posterboy for making the best moral decisions.” Clifford said

“That’s behind you now, just try and look to the future.” April smiled

“Look, there’s a pharmacy and a grocery store ahead. Let’s take a look.” Clifford pointed out

“We don’t have much time until sunset, we can hit both and stay here or hit one and get back on the road.” April commented

[Pharmacy & Grocery Store], [Pharmacy & Leave], or [Grocery Store & Leave]

Nozomi walked as fast as she could through the hallway, she tried to control her anger but nothing was working. Her knuckles were white and her teeth grit together, people in the hall looked at her with confusion. She disregarded their stares and continued on her way. She burst through the front door and turned her head in every direction looking for Cody. She shifted through a crowd of people and noticed Morgan in the garden. “Morgan!” Nozomi yelled

Morgan turned “Nozomi?”

“Morgan, where’s Cody?” Nozomi asked

“Last time I saw him he was looking through our supplies. Before you go, what’s this about?” Morgan told her

“Leonidas is up to something, I need to find Cody now!” Nozomi made a beeline for the supply building.

“Look, we’re missing a rifle along with some ammo. That’s a big problem Dan.” said Cody

“I locked every entrance up last night, I swear!” Dan defended

“You must have missed something, this next week you’re going to be taking care of the crops. I’ll find a replacement in the meantime.” Cody told him

“Alright.” Dan sighed

Nozomi burst through the door. “Cody!”

“What is it Nozomi?” Cody looked back

“Leonidas, he’s been meeting with Katrina and Beatrice. I heard them talking about a plan.” Nozomi informed him

“You saw this happening?” He questioned her

“I saw them talking in the woods, I wasn’t able to hear what they were saying. But you know how Leonidas is!” Nozomi raised her voice

“I’ll keep my eye out, thanks for telling me.” He said

“Help!” A child yelled

“What the fuck?” Cody said and rushed out of the supply room. They ran outside and noticed Gwendal walking around.

“Gwendal what’s wrong?” Nozomi asked him

“Paige is gone! I don’t know where she went, she’s always there when I wake up!” Gwendal told us

“It’s gonna be okay Gwendal, we’ll find her. Do you know where she might have gone?” Cody asked him

“Dammit, it’ll have to be now.” Leonidas opened the door to the watchtower. “Katrina, stay here!”

Katrina waited until Leonidas was at the top, she opened the door. “Son of a bitch, no time to get ready!” Leonidas dropped some of the bullets. He loaded the rifle and propped it on the window. He looked through the sights and had trouble finding Cody through the people coming to help Gwendal. He didn’t see Beatrice anywhere, he became even angrier. Finally he found Cody through the scope, he lined him up in the crosshairs and took a slow breath. The entrance creaked open and Leonidas turned around. “Katrina, you’re supposed to be keeping watch. What are you doing!?”

“What Cody should have done a long time ago.” Katrina took Leonidas by the collar and shoved him through the window. Leonidas screamed all the way down until eventually he hit the ground.

End of Chapter 4...

• Oh yes, you're finally back =) That has been a long wait, but it was worth it.

What can I say, you got me by surprise. By the end of the last part, I really wasn't sure where Katrina's true allegiance would lie. There were some small things that did not match with her seeming ruthlessness, but other than that, she played the role of a repeated traitor shockingly well, until, to my relief, she revealed where her true allegiance lied. Well played, Miss Coulson, well played. And I wasn't the only one surprised by her, as it seems. Glad to see Leonidas finally got what he deserved and in such an ironic way after all. The traitor got betrayed, how fitting. It's good that Katrina finally did what Cody should have done long ago. I wonder how he is going to react to her though. I mean, she really saved his ass here. If it wouldn't have been for her, it is very likely that Leonidas' plan would have succeeded. Maybe that's, as the chapter title says, a step in the right direction. The only one I am still worried about is Beatrice. She proved herself to be a complete psycho in this part, when she suggested to kill Paige. I mean, not even Leonidas was willing to take it that far. He was a coward and certainly evil, but even he refused to kill more than just Cody and Morgan. Since Leonidas was unable to find her at the end of this part, it might mean Katrina already took care of her off-screen, but maybe she's still running around out there, perhaps to be confronted by Nozomi.

Now for the choice:

[Pharmacy & Leave]

I believe spending the night out there is going to be a bad idea, so checking out both locations is not something I want. And out of these two, pharmacy and grocery store, the pharmacy sounds more important. I can't remember them to have a problem with food, but medicine is always needed and it might safe a life at the end of the day.

Episode 5: Rising From the Ashes Chapter 4: A Step in the Right Direction Paige kept her back on the wall and listened in on the convers

• I'm glad you enjoyed the part, it's nice to be back at it!

Oh yes, you're finally back That has been a long wait, but it was worth it. What can I say, you got me by surprise. By the end of the la

• [Pharmacy & Leave]

Wow, last part was so long ago that I don't even remember what happened in the story.

Episode 5: Rising From the Ashes Chapter 4: A Step in the Right Direction Paige kept her back on the wall and listened in on the convers

• Hi! I have just checked this story out and I like what I have read so far. But I also see you are already very far into the story. Is there more planned? And can I still join or am I too late?

• I still have more planned, it's never too late to join. I'm glad you like what you have read!

janitor posted: »

Hi! I have just checked this story out and I like what I have read so far. But I also see you are already very far into the story. Is there more planned? And can I still join or am I too late?

• Ok, awesome :) I am currently on page 18 and I will submit a character as soon as I have finished to catch up!

I still have more planned, it's never too late to join. I'm glad you like what you have read!

• Ok, I am caught up and I love this story! Now I want to submit a character, is there any type of character you need?

I still have more planned, it's never too late to join. I'm glad you like what you have read!

• Whatever kind of character you can come up with would be great. I'm glad you love the story!

janitor posted: »

Ok, I am caught up and I love this story! Now I want to submit a character, is there any type of character you need?

• I hope the voting is still open because I see I havent left my vote after I caught up. But I think the others are right, so I vote for [Pharmacy & Leave] as well.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.