TWD: The Fallen World

Comments

• [Make a Speech]

He can visit Nozomi later, even though she probably could need a friend at the moment. But right now, he just returned after days of being missing, I guess many people already thought him dead and they are also just gathered all together, probably awaiting his orders. There has never been a more perfect moment for a rousing speech.

Episode 4: Together We Stand Chapter 3: The Ashes of Our World I disregarded what Nico had told me and scaled the tree closest to The Mo

• [Visit Nozomi]

Episode 4: Together We Stand Chapter 3: The Ashes of Our World I disregarded what Nico had told me and scaled the tree closest to The Mo

• [Speech]

Gotta keep that morale going.

• [Make a Speech]

• edited January 2016

Voting has closed. Cody will make a speech, expect a lot of action in the next chapter!

• UPDATE: A lot of stuff and thangs have been going on recently, I've been trying to get the chapter written but i'm also having some difficulties choosing to proceed in the story. I will try and get the chapter out in the next few days.

• Sorry for not getting the chapter out yet. A friend of mine was in the hospital. I'm going to try and get the chapter up in the upcoming days.

• I am sorry to hear about your friend. Take your time. Is he/she okay?

Sorry for not getting the chapter out yet. A friend of mine was in the hospital. I'm going to try and get the chapter up in the upcoming days.

• Yeah he's alright. Thanks for your concern Partition.

Partition posted: »

I am sorry to hear about your friend. Take your time. Is he/she okay?

• edited February 2016

Chapters can wait, your friend needed you way more.

Yeah he's alright. Thanks for your concern Partition.

• Preview for Episode 4: Together We Stand Chapter 4: Nowhere to Run Nowhere to Hide

I noticed Samantha walked from the crowd with her head held low. I disregarded it for the moment. “We march at dawn.”

“I do, look what happened before that’s in the past. I actually need your help for something.” I revealed

“There’s a town about ten miles to the east, last time I was there it was cleared. You stay hidden, i’ll find you when this is over. Do you understand?” I asked

Almost everyone was out of breath and needed to take a break. Samantha kept her eyes trained on the woods in case of anyone coming after them. Her eyes wandered to the group she had with her, it was amazing that so many people were all in one place. It was also dangerous.

She had hoped Nico would have come with them. She looked down and moved her fingers through the necklace she kept on her it was her dad’s gift to her when she moved away.

After they left we had about four hundred people that would still fight. The last I knew The Followers had about six hundred people left. The odds were stacked against us. I watched the group leave when Morgan approached me from behind. “It’s happening… we’re going to war.”

• edited February 2016

Episode 4: Together We Stand Chapter 4: Nowhere to Run, Nowhere to Hide

I stood before them each one with a fire ablaze in their eyes. Now was the perfect moment. “Too many lives have been lost, too many families destroyed! They have demolished our community, driven us from the places we called home. We will will march on them, our guns will not stop until they fall at our feet!” A few people in the crowd before me cheered and raised their fists to the sky. Soon others joined in. “These are the days that will determine what happens us. People will die, some of you may not get to see each other again. But this is what we fight for! We will make them weep for mercy! And then when it is done we will finally stop just surviving and start living in a new world!” I noticed Samantha walked from the crowd with her head held low. I disregarded it for the moment. “We march at dawn.” I turned my head, the crowd still roaring with cheers. I tried to catch up to Samantha.

“What’s wrong?” I asked her

“Look, i’m not for this. I know you feel differently.” She spoke lightly

“I do, look what happened before that’s in the past. I actually need your help for something.” I revealed

“What would that be? I’m bad with guns and you already know I won’t kill.” said Samantha

“I know and that’s why I want you to take anyone that can’t fight or don’t want to away from here.” I replied

“I understand taking the people that can’t but why people that don’t want to?” She asked

“I won’t make them sacrifice their lives.” I told her

“When do you want me to-” She tried

“Now. Get them out of here as quick as you can.” I said

“Where do we go?” Her eyes met mine with fear.

“There’s a town about ten miles to the east, last time I was there it was cleared. You stay hidden, i’ll find you when this is over. Do you understand?” I asked

“Yeah, just stay safe.” She looked me over.

“You too.” I wrapped my arms around her and hugged her. “Even though we’ve disagreed and fought, I still want you to be safe.” I said. She looked back into my eyes and turned away. I watched her call out people that wouldn’t fight. I noticed Paige took Gwendal to the group and decided to stay with them. I walked towards her and let out a grin.

“Take care of yourself, and him.” I looked at Gwendal, they managed to find some crutches for him.

“I will.” She put her hand on his shoulder. “You have to make it out of this.”

“I can’t make any promises.” I told her. She turned her head back to the crowd an led Gwendal.

After they left we had about four hundred people that would still fight. The last I knew The Followers had about six hundred people left. The odds were stacked against us. I watched the group leave when Morgan approached me from behind. “It’s happening… we’re going to war.”

“I meant what I said.” I told her

“What do you mean?” She asked

“When I said that people will die. Is it worth it?” I knew the answer but I needed reassurance.

“You know it’s yes. Look at what we’ve gone through just to find a place like this. We were almost out there too long, and it’s changed you.” She said. “We need this place, we need it to work otherwise what’s left?”

Everyone had a backpack equipped with several magazines for their AR’s. We would have taken vehicles but we didn’t want to risk the noise. The last thing we wanted was for The Followers to be right on top of us. I turned my head and looked at Morgan, she looked back. Nightfall had come and we decided to split into groups. I was in the group taking up the diner. I laid a sheet down on the floor and shifted onto the uncomfortable ground.

“I don’t want to lose him.”

“We have to keep going, for them.”

“How are we supposed to beat them?”

I heard people talk all night, I knew I was most likely not going to get a wink of sleep but still I tried. A few hours had passed by and I noticed someone had walked towards me and placed their bedroll next to mine. They laid on it and began to whisper. “Are you still awake?”

“Yeah.” I could tell it was Morgan and I turned to face her.

“Look, about what happened to Maria-”

“It’s alright, it wasn’t your fault.” I told her

“I didn’t want to tell you at first, I thought if I did you would…” She tried to explain

“Morgan you’re the last person I know from our old group, it’s just you and I now. I wouldn’t ruin what we have because of that.” I revealed

She smiled “I think we’re going to win this.”

“I hope so, we have to. Look if anything happens to me. I want you to lead these people.” I said

“I’m not going to let anything happen to you.” Morgan stated

“But if anything does happen, I trust you the most. I know you’re capable of it.” I restated

“It’s funny to think how our lives would have gone if all of this didn’t happen. The walkers showing up and everything. It makes me wonder if we would have met.” She pondered

“And if we did how would it have turned out? I more than likely would have just glanced over at you and carried on with my day. It’s crazy to think about.” I said “Anyway I think i’m gonna go look for any water that might be lying around.”

“Why don’t you stay here, take a moment to rest?” said Morgan

[Lay Back Down with Morgan] or [Look for Water]

The group that didn’t want to fight got a few miles before they needed to stop. Almost everyone was out of breath and needed to take a break. Samantha kept her eyes trained on the woods in case of anyone coming after them. They set up camp near a park close to the town. Her eyes wandered to the group she had with her, it was amazing that so many people were all in one place. It was also dangerous. She held a revolver in her hands and examined it wondering if she had to would she be able to use it. Every day the memories came back to her and ate her alive. Ever since then she did everything she could to try and help people. Usually she just ended up getting more people hurt or killed. Most of the people were talking to one another and she wanted to join but her anxiety didn’t make it easy.

Paige kept Gwendal under her arm in order to try and provide some sort of protection. She didn’t want to become too connected to other people in fear of them dying but she couldn’t leave Gwendal to himself, especially after what happened to him. She had hoped Nico would have come with them. She looked down and moved her fingers through the necklace she kept on her it was her dad’s gift to her when she moved away. It made her think of all the good times until the memory of finding her parents deceased when she went back after hearing about the virus. She clutched onto the pendant held by the chain and closed her eyes. A tear rolled down the side of her cheek and she lifted her arm to try and wipe it away. Thoughts raced through her mind and she tried to focus on what was waiting for them in the town.

Clifford had stayed out of the attack and went with Samantha and the others.I was a fucking sergeant and i’m backing down from a fight against some crazy fucks? It dawned on him that what he was doing was the worst thing he’s done in his entire life. He led people into battles and came out victorious but for some reason he was too scared to go up against The Followers. He kept a P416 in his arms in case shit were to go down and knowing this group it could easily do just that. He heard rustling in the woods and brought his sights up just to eye level. BANG! BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA! Clifford leaped behind cover. “What the fuck!” He screamed. He laid the barrel of his gun on the top of the cover and fired into the darkness. “Shit it’s the fucking Followers!” Paige screamed at took Gwendal behind a nearby dumpster. “It’s a good day to die young…” Clifford huffed and pulled himself back up firing into the crowd. The others were inspired by Clifford and started to join in. Every gun they had with them was being used against The Followers. One of the Followers rushed to Clifford’s cover and grabbed him by the throat and tried to stab him. Clifford’s P416 fell from his hands onto the ground. Samantha was behind the slides and looked on as Clifford struggled with The Follower. “SAMANTHA!” Clifford cried out. Everyone else was busy fighting the other Followers. Samantha’s hands were trembling as she brought the pistol up to the Followers head. The Follower headbutt Clifford in the nose and got his knife inching closer to his throat. “AGGGHHHH!!!” Clifford growled as the knife started to push through his skin. Everything slowed down and every muscle in Samantha’s body tensed up. Samantha closed her eyes and pulled the trigger. Clifford tossed The Follower off of himself and continued fighting. Samantha closed her eyes and pressed her hand to her mouth. Tears rolled down her cheeks.

Paige pointed a pistol at The Followers and fired her clip. Minutes passed and all of the noise had ceased. Clifford stood over the deceased Followers and looked back at the people he traveled with. “You came with this group because you were scared to fight and now us just us scared people took them on. What could we all do if we went back for everyone else? We lost some people just now but still we have more people and we’re all properly trained. We’re going back to fight with them, we’re stopping this bullshit once and for all!” said Clifford. They got a move on into the town and proceeded to try and find a building to hole up in for the night. Clifford found an empty apartment building but across the street he found a sign that read Selfridge Air National Guard Base: 5 miles ahead. Clifford grinned and kept walking leading the group to the base.

Nozomi didn’t go with either group, she couldn’t get herself to move at all. Beatrice decided it best for her to stay back in case Nozomi needed her. After what happened though she didn’t expect Nozomi to say a word. Nozomi finally brought herself to bury Jacob. She kept him in her arms and slowly walked out of the compound. Beatrice followed. Nozomi picked the site and Beatrice approached with a shovel. Nozomi turned to Beatrice, her eyes empty. Nozomi had looked dead inside. Beatrice plunged the shovel into the soil and dug a hole big enough. Neither one had said a word to the other. Nozomi laid Jacob into the grave and watched Beatrice pile dirt in. Nozomi covered her mouth and tears streamed down her face. Nozomi wrapped her arms around Beatrice and put her face into her shoulder. Beatrice embraced her. They made a cross for the grave and started to clean up The Mountain Top.

enter link description here

• What a part! Luckily no one died. Awesome intro to Episode 4!

[Lay Back Down with Morgan]

Eh, why not. I'd say Cody needs some rest after all he's been through lately. I'm sure he can get some water later if it's that big of a necessity.

Episode 4: Together We Stand Chapter 4: Nowhere to Run, Nowhere to Hide I stood before them each one with a fire ablaze in their eyes. N

• [Lay Back Down with Morgan]

Cody deserves a third shot at happiness. Cyndia turned out badly, Maria turned out worse, so maybe Morgan will turn out just fine. A man can hope.

Great part! I especially liked the part with the group that didn't want to fight. Even though I disliked him at first, Clifford kinda grew on me now. However, I noticed one thing that surprised me in this part, specifically in Nozomi's part: Wasn't Beatrice one of the councilmembers? I thought they all died when the Followers kidnapped them, or have I missed something there?

Episode 4: Together We Stand Chapter 4: Nowhere to Run, Nowhere to Hide I stood before them each one with a fire ablaze in their eyes. N

• [Lay Back Down with Morgan]

You've earned it, bud.

Clifford's redeemed himself at long last.

• After confusion from your comment I realize that I forgot to add a paragraph to the second chapter. Beatrice was able to barricade herself in her room and that's how she was not taken. I agree that Cody's relationships have been pretty bad, maybe he'll finally be happy?

[Lay Back Down with Morgan] Cody deserves a third shot at happiness. Cyndia turned out badly, Maria turned out worse, so maybe Morgan wil

• Clifford's redeemed himself at long last.

Just you wait ;)

enter image description here

BlueShadiw posted: »

[Lay Back Down with Morgan] You've earned it, bud. Clifford's redeemed himself at long last.

• Update: A new chapter will be coming out either Sunday or Monday. Still working out a few things for this next chapter. There's only one drawback to this chapter, I hate having to write a particular part that will perhaps cause some tears.

• Episode 4: Together We Stand Chapter 5: Moments of Peace

I stopped and realized that being alone wasn’t going to help me, I went back to Morgan. With everything going on it was nice to finally stop and have a moment of peace. “Do you think they’ll attack us on the road?” Morgan asked me

“There’s a possibility.” I said

“I wonder how the other group is doing.” She said

“I don’t know, it made me worried to see that so many people left with them though. With their help there’s no doubt we would beat The Followers.” I said “How do you think Katrina is doing?”

“She lost George and has no idea where David is, I don’t know how she handles loss but our best guess is that she’s in a dark place. We have to try and help her get through this.” Morgan looked at her.

“I hate to say this but we have more important matters to focus on right now. With things being the way they are we don’t have time, we have to hope that she can pull through herself in the meantime.” I whisper

“I just wish we could do something now.” She whispered back “It’s kind of cold in here. I can hardly feel my fingers.” Morgan sighed

“Yeah, my blankets aren’t even helping.” I shivered “Let me see your hands.” I said

“Ok?” She grinned

I took her hands in mine and covered them “Better?” I grinned back.

“Holy shit, yeah! You’re like a damn heater.” She chuckled

“I try my best. Here.” I smiled and shifted closer to her.

Morgan yawned “I’m getting kind of tired.” And laid her head on my chest.

“Me too, it’s been a long day.” I said and wrapped my other arm around her hip.

She looked into my eyes and I looked back into hers. The sun shone through the window and woke me up. I found Morgan in the same position as we fell asleep in, I smiled. “Cody, are you u--?” Nico walked by and cleared his throat when he saw us.

“Yeah, it’s ok.” I grinned

He sat down “Yeah uh, I just wanted to come and ask if we were going to look for some food before we took off.”

“Of course.” I said

Morgan picked her head up and moved strands of hair away from her face. “Oh, hey Nico.” She said

“Hey, fancy seeing you here.” He laughed awkwardly “We’re going to discuss our next course of action before we leave as well?” Nico asked

“Yeah, just give me some more time and i’ll tell everyone.” I told him

“You got it.” He paced back to his bed mat.

I looked back at Morgan “Good morning.” I smiled.

“To you as well.” She picked herself up and leaned against the wall.

“I actually got some sleep last night.” I grinned

“What a surprise, I did too.” She laughed along with me

“You have your gun?” I asked

“Always.” She replied

I stood up and offered her my hand. She took it and I pulled her up. “Let’s get this show on the road.”

I gathered everyone together and thought for a second. “We’re going to keep going along the highway until we reach the sign that says route 68. We’ll then shift into the woods to keep out of sight, we’ll follow the road until we reach a town called Flint. This is where we found the stadium when we confronted them, it’s our best bet. A group of you will keep our sniper rifles and stay back, this group will be led by Morgan. I will lead a group that goes inside and wipes them out. Now if there happens to be any to escape Morgan’s group will be able to take them out. As an extra precaution Nico will have a group as well that will be watching all of the exits. We go in quickly and we go in quietly. Remember no mercy, we kill them all.” I said

“Cody, it’s still really cold out there.” A woman named Jeanine mentioned

“I know and that’s why i’m putting it to a vote, this is to see if we stay one more night or if we head out now and push further.” I replied “Raise your hand if you want to stay for the night.” About half of them raised their hands. “And now who’s in favor of heading out now?” The others raised their hands. “It’s seems half and half to me.”

[Stay another night] or [Head out now]

Nozomi rummaged through her bag and found an old photo of her and her family. She held it tightly in her hands and longed to be with them again.

Nozomi looked through the window and noticed all of the cars driving out of the city. She closed the curtains and retreated back to her couch where Jacob was waiting. “People are evacuating, we should be too.” Nozomi told him

“I want to, but my parents keep telling me that everything’s fine.” He replied

“We both know that’s not true.” She scoffed

“Well what do you want me to do? I can’t just leave them here!” Jacob countered

“Look we shouldn’t be fighting, my parents are pretty adamant on staying here too. I just wish there was some way to convince them.” Nozomi sighed

“You know there isn’t.” He said

BANG! Nozomi and Jacob rushed back to the window to see what was going on. “That sounded like a gun!” Jacob panicked

*“Really? I thought it sounded like a truck.” Said Nozomi *

“You don’t need to be a smartass about it!” He got angry

“It sounded like it came from just down the street.” Nozomi observed

“That could have been my parents house!” Jacob rushed outside

“Wait!” Nozomi ran after him

Jacob made a beeline through traffic to the other side of the road and came to the front door. Nozomi quickly approached. “Dammit, open up!” Jacob shouted

“Jacob, be careful!” Nozomi warned him

“Open the fucking door!” He cried out and began to throw his shoulder into it.

“Jacob!” Nozomi tried to get through to him.

*Jacob broke through the door and frantically searched the house. “Mom!” He called out “Dad!” *

“Jacob we have to stay quiet we don’t know what happened here!” Nozomi advised him

Jacob made his way to his parent’s bedroom. He rushed through the doorway and found his parents on the bed dead. A woman was grabbing things from the drawers on their nightstands. Jacob charged the woman and they crashed into the wall. Nozomi was frozen she had no what to do. The woman brought out her pistol and Jacob struggled to keep it pointed away from him. He held the barrel of the pistol in his right hand and pushed with all of his might. The woman headbutt Jacob, he rolled to the side. She pulled the trigger and hit Jacob in the stomach. “AGGGGHHHH!!!” He screamed. The attacker ran as fast as she could out of the room and into the streets. Nozomi would have stopped her but saving Jacob was more important. “You’re gonna be ok!” She lifted him from the ground. He let out a grunt of pain and tried his best to stay standing. Nozomi brought him back to her house and the noise got the attention of her parents. “What the fuck happened!?” Her father shouted

“There was this woman, she killed his parents and-and-” Nozomi was shaking

“He was shot in a vital area, he’s only got minutes left.” Her mother examined

“Jacob…”Nozomi cried

*“I’m calling 911.” Her father told them. “Shit! No answer.” *

“What are we going to do?” Nozomi looked at her parents.

“There’s nothing we can do.” Her father said

Nozomi put her hands on her forehead and cried. “It’s going to be ok sweetie.” Her mother tried to comfort her. Jacob’s rapid breathing finally slowed and then stopped. “Oh god!” Nozomi cried. She walked out of the room and couldn’t contain herself, her parents followed. There were no words that could be said her parents embraced her. THUD! Nozomi’s father turned around and Jacob was behind him. Jacob stumbled into him and chomped down on his neck. “AAAAAHHHHH!!!” Nozomi and her mother screamed. Jacob looked up at them and attacked Nozomi’s mom. “Nozomi, run!” Her mother cried before being devoured. Nozomi turned and ran out of her door as quick as she could.

Nozomi set the picture back in her bag and took her knife out of her belt. She held the blade in her hand and squeezed as hard as she could. Blood ran down the knife and dripped off and onto the cold floor. Nozomi was expressionless. She took the blade out of her hand and pushed it into her wrists. Nozomi still remained expressionless.

Clifford and the group finally made it. They were able to stay for the night and rest up. Samantha was off by herself while everyone else was gathered around a fire. Clifford was growing more concerned of her well being. The next day Clifford made sure to try and wake up early so he could find a map of the area. While he was searching he noticed a tank in one of the rooms. He grinned and made sure to remember where it was. He also found their armory which had a vast selection that ranged from rocket launchers to assault rifles. Once he found all of this he knew they were going back and bringing hell with them.

I was happy to focus more on dialogue between characters and some backstory with Nozomi and also a couple of characters current state of mind at this point of the story. If you were hoping for more action don't worry, i'm sure you'll be satisfied with the next chapter, Chapter 6: Betrayal. What happens in the next chapter will test the groups loyalty and trust of each other. I can't wait to start writing it!

• [Head out now]

I don't think it's going to get any warmer in a single night. If anything, they could end up weakened the longer they remain out in the cold. So yeah, heading out now sounds better than to wait and to freeze even longer.

Also, holy shit Nozomi! Is she... Has she just commited suicide?

Episode 4: Together We Stand Chapter 5: Moments of Peace I stopped and realized that being alone wasn’t going to help me, I went back to

• I can't say anything except that it was really hard to write that part and knowing where it's going to take these characters.

[Head out now] I don't think it's going to get any warmer in a single night. If anything, they could end up weakened the longer they rema

• [Head out now]

I agree with Liquid. I don't think one night will make much of a difference. Better to push farther while we can.

And Nozomi... what is going on?! The wait for the next part will be very tough...

Episode 4: Together We Stand Chapter 5: Moments of Peace I stopped and realized that being alone wasn’t going to help me, I went back to

• [Head out]

Better than sitting down and freezing, as stated before.

Nozomi's in a dark place and Clifford's bringing the cavalry...

• Voting has closed! I will try and get a preview up by friday! I can't wait to begin writing this next chapter.

• Hi

I will try to catch up with the story from the beginning and submit a character, if there are still wanted :-)

• You can submit a character, the more the merrier! Thanks for checking this out, I hope you enjoy!

Mathea posted: »

Hi I will try to catch up with the story from the beginning and submit a character, if there are still wanted :-)

• Submitted. :-)

Well, I've just started reading, but I enjoy it already :-)

You can submit a character, the more the merrier! Thanks for checking this out, I hope you enjoy!

• Great!

Submitted. :-) Well, I've just started reading, but I enjoy it already :-)

• I've reached page 10th so far, I believe i should be up-to-date and voting pretty soon.

Hope you like my char and perhaps I will read about her soon :-D

Great!

• You're speeding through! Haha I'm glad to hear you will be able to start voting soon!

I've reached page 10th so far, I believe i should be up-to-date and voting pretty soon. Hope you like my char and perhaps I will read about her soon :-D

• Yeah, just reached their entrance to Wellington by far... gate is just opening for them. Enough of reading for today, will finish it tomorrow.

I can see over the Chapters how your writing was improving - can't wait to read the latest parts to see the full progress.

You're speeding through! Haha I'm glad to hear you will be able to start voting soon!

• edited March 2016

Making some changes to the story.

• Episode 4: Together We Stand Chapter 6: Betrayal

“We’ll head out now, everyone gather your things.” I said

The road was slick, everyone was sliding around from the ice underneath. Nico and I walked side by side. The wind was blowing in our direction and made it a lot harder to push forward. After a while my face had turned about as red as a cherry. I kneeled beside one of the vehicles and opened up my bag. “Aww is your face getting a little cold?” Nico joked

“Asshole.” I laughed and put the balaclava over my head.

“Oh god, please don’t rob me!” Nico put his hands in the air when I turned to face him.

“Put the money in the bag!”

“Are you two gonna quit flirting and get a move on?” Morgan smiled back at us. Nico and I looked at each other and shrugged our shoulders. I picked up my bag and we continued down the road.

“So what’s the deal with you and Morgan?” Nico asked

“What do you mean?”

“You know, the snuggling. I’m in the middle of the apocalypse and I wake up to see a damn romance novel come to life.” He laughed

“It’s nothing, we were both cold and we didn’t want to freeze. I think you’re reading into this too much.” Nico turned to me and raised his eyebrow.

“Enough about whatever you think we have, how about you? Anyone you have your eye on?”

“Heh, uh yeah actually.” He smirked and looked at the ground

“The suspense is killing me. Who?” I glance at him

“Well you might know her, she’s tall, gorgeous, --”

“Paige.”

“How did you know?” He was confused

“I see the way you look at her. Like the way you two were talking before we separated.”

“Well ok Mr. Love Guru what else do you have to say?”

“That it’s nice, you both deserve someone that will make you happy. It’s hard to find moments of happiness in this world and to anyone that does I congratulate them for making the best out of the situation.”

“Walkers ahead!” Katrina warned us. She took a throwing knife out of her belt and hit the first walker with precision. She then dispatched the other two with her stiletto. Knowing that more than ninety percent of our people had military training now was keeping my mind at ease with going up against The Followers. We continued down this road for a while until the sun was starting to set. We decided it best to use the cars around us for shelter. Nico and Katrina were in a small mustang. Morgan and I stayed in a truck. Everyone else bunked with whoever they were most comfortable with. I had a clear view of Nico’s windshield and was able to see just about everyone else. I wrapped the blankets around Morgan and I. I took a can of pineapple and a can of peaches from my bag and gave her the pineapple. “Maybe I wanted the peaches.” She grinned.

“Well ok, have them then.” I held it out for her.

“Nah, I love pineapple. Thanks.” She smiled and opened the can.

“Good because these peaches are claimed.” I chuckled

“Ready to get some sleep?” She asked

“Yeah, Brian’s taking the first watch. It’ll give me enough time to get at least some sleep.”

“Sounds like a plan. Better finish our food quickly then.”

I nodded and ate the peaches quickly. I stashed the can in my backpack and also took Morgan’s when she was finished. I laid my head back against the seat and eventually woke up to the alarm on my watch. I opened the door to the truck and placed my foot on the ground. I paced briskly towards the truck Brian sat on. I looked up at him and whistled, signaling him down. He climbed down and began to walk towards his vehicle. I climbed onto the truck and brought out my AR 15. I rubbed my hands together to create some type of warmth, it wouldn’t be so bad if only the wind wasn’t a factor. I enjoyed times like this where I was finally able to think more about what’s going on and what to do. I enjoyed the conversation with Nico, I felt I could trust him. It’s been so long, Salome, I wish she was still here. Just like that and she’s gone, it almost didn’t feel real when I saw her die. She was someone I know I could count on same goes for Morgan and Paige. I just wish that - BANG! I duck my head and aim my rifle in the direction the gunshot came from. Suddenly we’re surrounded and there’s nowhere to go. “FIRE!” I hear a shout. I dive off of the truck and land on the hard ground. “UGH!” I see Morgan leap out of the truck and prop her rifle on the hood, she starts to take shots. I lean against the side of the truck and fire shots at The Followers. Brian rushes out of his vehicle to fight alongside his family, One of The Followers caught them and gunned down everyone he was with. Brian made it to cover. “Morgan, take cover shots now!” Nico called out and rushed to the van closest to her. All of our people were fighting back but there were so many of them. One of them charged at me from the side of the truck holding a knife, ready to attack. I wasn’t able to turn quick enough and he managed to tackle me to the ground. I struggled to keep his blade away from my throat. My muscles tensed and I gave everything I had. BANG! Blood pours out of his head and he slumps to the ground. I look up and see Nico, He nods at me and continues to fire at the group. I get back up and join the fight again. Each side is losing a lot of people, I have no idea what will happen at this point. “AGH Fuck!” Nico cries out in pain. I notice that he’s been shot, I can’t see where but he needs help immediately. Finally it comes down to us having about one hundred and fifty people left while The Followers have about forty five. “We can do this!” I try yelling to everyone else. Guns stop firing after a while and there’s no Followers left. We join back together with sighs of relief. But something’s wrong. “Where’s Katrina?” Morgan asks. She hears something in the forest and rushes in. “Morgan!” I try. “Who can treat a gunshot wound?” I ask anyone nearby.

“I can.” A voice pitches in, it’s Jeanine.

“You need to help Nico, now!” I start to hand over medical supplies.

“I’m on it.”

“Dammit where did Morgan go?” I stay back

Morgan made a beeline through the woods towards the noise that she thought was Katrina. She was ready to end this no matter the cost. A loud shriek was heard and Morgan quickly transitioned behind a tree. She poked her head out of the corner and found Katrina on the ground panting, she rushed towards her and put her arm around Katrina’s shoulder. “Katrina, are you okay?”

“Yeah, those bastards got a hold of me. Luckily I had an upper hand.” Katrina showed Morgan a snub nose in her hand.

“I’m glad you’re okay.” Morgan hugged her “Oh shit!”

Morgan pulled back her hand and it was covered in blood. “Yeah one of them got me, I’ll be fine. No worries.”

“We’ve gotta get you stitched up.”

“I guess if you think that’s best.”

Katrina followed Morgan back to the others. Morgan noticed Cody tending to Nico and smiled. Cody turned his head and saw Morgan.

I turned my head and saw Morgan. I noticed she had Katrina with her and it brought me a lot of relief. Nico was fortunately only hit in the leg. “Now that this shit is over we need to talk about why we should have stayed back at the gas station!” Brian yelled

“The attack could have happened either way. We know that these people can attack us at anytime, it’s a risk that we have to take to bring the fight to them.” I said

“My fucking wife just died because of this!”

“Brian I know that you’re upset, you have every right to be. Look there’s nothing we can do about it now, push forward and make these bastards pay for what they’ve done.” I told him

“Goddammit!” He threw his backpack to the ground.

“We need to move, find somewhere else to stay for the night. Walkers will be here in no time and we’ve had enough fighting for one night.” Morgan chimed in

“Morgan’s right, we need to find some place to hole up for the night. We’ll rest up and heal our wounds.” Katrina agreed

“Anyone disagree?” I asked, there were no objections.

I took Nico’s arm around my shoulder and helped carry him the rest of the way. Eventually we decided it best to head into the woods and set up base. Jeanine kept a close eye on the wounded the entire night. Paige just might have an assistant after all of this. The night was slow, every hour felt like a day. After what happened I was pretty sure no one was able to sleep considering how lucky we were with trying to just a while ago. I opened my eyes to see dark clouds across the sky. I sat there in patience waiting for everyone to wake up, before the apocalypse I would find that boring as hell but now I take it as a break from the constant shit storm of life. Being back on the road was a pain, my body ached from diving off of the truck last night. Nico wasn’t in a very talkative mood but there was no blame I could place on him, taking a bullet and being in a firefight like that is hard. I noticed a sign that read “Chesterfield, 2 miles” “This is it. We’re only a couple of miles away.” I pointed out

“Hopefully we can end this shit once and for all.” Katrina sighed

“That’s the plan.”

“After everything that’s happened, I just can’t imagine living normally.”

“What do you mean?” I asked

“Look at all that’s happened over the course of only about two years. All of this terrible shit and going from that to a stable life. It’s just… odd.”

“I have to admit it it’s going to be a definite change, a welcomed change.”

“You’re not wrong.” Katrina grinned

“There will always be things that go wrong, I know that. But now that we have these places to call home and to lay our heads down at night and feel safe--”

Katrina wrapped her arm around my neck and put her pistol to my temple. She spun around and faced the group. “Katrina, what the fuck!?” Nico yelled

“Now!” The Followers came out of the woods with their guns pointed at all of us.

“Katrina…” Morgan snarled.

The Leader came into view from ahead in the road. He was carrying a sledgehammer in his left arm and a pistol in the other. I heard a small rumbling in the distance. Katrina tossed me to the ground in front of the Leader. “I gave you what you wanted, now where is he?” Said Katrina

“Bring him out.”

Two of his people brought out David’s lifeless body with their symbol carved into his chest. “No, no, no, no, no!” Katrina dropped to her knees in front of him.

“I told you I would bring you David, I never said what condition he would be in.” The Leader smirked

Tears ran down Katrina’s face. She brought out her pistol and tried to aim at his head. He shot her in the foot and then pointed the gun at her head and then stopped. He glanced at the sledgehammer and grinned. He brought it over his head and looked down at Katrina. BANG! I looked up and saw The Leader falling down and blood covering his body. The rumbling grew much louder. I see hundreds of people charging towards The Followers with guns blazing. This was our chance! I got up and unleashed fire on The Followers that were closest to us and everyone else joined. I could see a tank rolling in from the distance. A large group of The Followers rushed towards the tank throwing grenades at it. The barrel turned in their direction and fired a shot at the group, it exploded upon impact and took them out. I saw Samantha and Paige in the distance firing their guns. “KEEP FIRING!” I yelled in fury. I reloaded my AR 15 and fired at more of them. They tried to fight back but they were heavily outnumbered. Their numbers were dwindling till there were only twenty five of them left, this was it, finally. Morgan popped off shots left and right making sure to hit every one. A Follower was behind Morgan, Nico noticed and pulled the trigger on his gun firing every round left in the clip into him. Clifford jumped down from the tank and killed four of them hiding behind trees. Clifford, the man that wanted me dead has now saved everyone by leading them back to us. Our group was finally together again, I looked back at the leader and walked towards him. The rest of the group right behind me. I noticed that he was shot in the chest, he didn’t have long to live. I took out my pistol and aimed at his head. He was grunting in pain and holding his chest. I pulled the trigger and it was finally over. I turned my head to Katrina and felt anger but I understood why she did it. There are still loose ends to tie up but in the meantime we could finally relax.

We drove their APC’s back to The Mountain Top and everyone reunited with one another. Families were back together and people finally seemed happy. Everything was just a daze, so many people have been lost because of this war and now that it’s over we can move on. “Katrina.” I called to her.

Katrina approached me. “Look about what happened-”

“Stop, I forgive you and I understand why you did it. David was really important to you and you wanted him back. I just don’t know how I’m going to be able to trust you again.”

Katrina nodded and took her leave. I sat on a bench next to the fields. The wind blew lightly and the sun was bright. Morgan sat down next to me. “How are you doing?” She asked

“What do you think?” My voice was shaky.

“It’s not going to be easy, Rebuilding what we’ve lost and starting over. But I know that we can do it.” She put her hand over mine.

I turned to her. “How do you know?”

“Because, we’ll do it together.”

I looked into her bright blue eyes and placed my hand over her cheek and moved it to the back of her neck. I leaned in and pressed my lips to hers. Her cheeks blushed and she guided my hands down to her waist. I pulled away gently and our eyes met. I took her fingers in mine and they interlocked. She laid her head on my shoulder and it was at that moment I knew things were going to get better.

End of Episode 4...

• Phew, things are taking a turn for the better for once.

Nico's fine, and Katrina is somewhat forgiven, as well as that asshole Follower Leader dying.

I wonder what'll happen next for the groups...

Episode 4: Together We Stand Chapter 6: Betrayal “We’ll head out now, everyone gather your things.” I said The road was slick, everyo

• Well, I've finally catched up and wonder how it will continue for each of the characters from now on.

I like Katrina, she looks more humane to me than others because of that desperate act. Hope to read more of her, since her backstory wasnt touched yet.

Episode 4: Together We Stand Chapter 6: Betrayal “We’ll head out now, everyone gather your things.” I said The road was slick, everyo

• Great end to Episode 4! I'm glad that things are getting better. This was a very intense and epic ending. Katrina intrigues me, I want to know more about her. Anyway, I can't wait for Episode 5 and the rest of this great story to resume.

• I'm going to start writing Episode 5 soon! I have decided on the title which will be: Episode 5: Rising From the Ashes.

• edited April 2016

Alternative Choices:

[Leave for the Mountain Top]

Morgan would have gotten to the Mountain Top when The Followers were attacking, they would have shot Morgan in the shoulder. Nico would have died saving a group that included Paige and Gwendal.

[Approach the gate]

It would have taken longer for them to get inside. Eventually someone would have opened the gate but Cody wouldn't have been able to catch up to The Followers and would have instead just stayed behind and put together a group to go out looking for any people that escaped Wellington.

[Visit Nozomi]

Cody would have gone back and talked to Nozomi. He would've helped her get back into the community and not be as isolated. She would have come with the group to fight against The Followers. She would have been the one to kill the leader.

[Look for water]

Cody would have found some gallon jugs of water. Morgan would have been asleep when he came back and they wouldn't have talked. This would lead to them not kissing at the end of the episode and it would have taken another chapter until they did.

[Stay another night]

While this wouldn't have helped them become any warmer they wouldn't have been ambushed in the middle of the night. Clifford and the rest would have caught up to the group before they made it to The Follower's base.

Now for some questions I have for you!

1. Who is your favorite character?

2. Which character would you like to see more of?

3. Which character would you like to learn more about?

4. Where do you think the story is going?

I am planning on getting the chapter up in about a week or so.

• Well, it looks like we made generally good choices, aside from the one with Nozomi. Considering that the Followers killed her son, I feel like she would have had the biggest right to kill the Follower leader. But well, ultimately that guy still died either way, so I don't really regret that choice.

Who is your favorite character?

I'd say Morgan. She's the longest living character next to Cody and she's also the one that feels the most fleshed out as a character. Arguably, she's even the deuteragonist of the story by now. Also, she's a major badass and I got a thing for major badasses.

Which character would you like to see more of?

All of them. Well, most of them. I feel like a majority of the screentime in the current Season has been spend to better develop the characters of Cody, Morgan and Nozomi. While that was time well-spend and while I by no means want to say that the screentime of these characters should be reduced, I have the feeling that most of the other characters have been kinda lacking at times. I think the best example is Clifford. He had a great moment by leading the reinforcements in the finale, but other than that, I can only recall him appearing a few short times in the early Season, when he tried to take Cody down and failed. Other than that, I can't recall him doing much for a long time. That said, I feel like it's also important to keep the better developed characters established and developed, so perhaps more equal screentime for every character, from the well-developed Cody to the less developed Clifford could be a nice thing.

Which character would you like to learn more about?

Surprisingly, I realized that I know very little about Morgan. For a character that is so important and unarguably well-developed, I know very little about her backstory. Correct me if I'm wrong but there hasn't been a lot of exposition on her, right? There are many other characters as well where we don't know much about, but Morgan is arguably the one I'm the most interested in. While her screentime is just fine, I'd like to learn more about her backstory. I feel like backstory time has been rare in general for most characters, at least I can't recall that much emphasis has been put on that topic. The only exception is Cody, whom we have been with from the very beginning. So, in general I would love to learn more about every single character, not only their personality, but also their backstory, their hopes, dreams, fears etc. Morgan is simply the exemplary one, because I feel that she is the most important character next to Cody atm.

Where do you think the story is going?

I guess for now things should remain calm for now. The Followers are down, but I doubt all of them have been wiped out, so perhaps they also have to wipe out what little remains of these creepy fucks in due time. It's clear that every single member of the Followers is rotten to the core evil and they must be destroyed down to the last man, because a peaceful coexistence between the groups sounds impossible. But if this is going to be a problem, I doubt it's going to be a problem anytime soon. For now, rebuilding and regaining a bit of breath sounds appropriate, but ultimately I doubt that things remain peaceful. I have no idea what kind of threat could come next though.

Whoa, by the way, one thing I just noticed while answering the last question: There were these psychopaths all the way back in Season 1 of the story, who abducted the group and among others, were also responsible for the death of Jane. I noticed that in terms of psychopathy and creepiness, they had kinda big similarities to the Followers, so I got to ask, are they related in any way? Like, were they responsible for the formation of the Followers, or were these similarities unintended?

Alternative Choices: [Leave for the Mountain Top] Morgan would have gotten to the Mountain Top when The Followers were attacking, they

• All the points you brought up about backstory and development are going to be addressed. As for the psychopaths in Season 1 well I will say that there's definitely a connection.

Well, it looks like we made generally good choices, aside from the one with Nozomi. Considering that the Followers killed her son, I feel li

Sign in to comment in this discussion.