Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about Tales From The Borderlands

Comments

• edited August 2015

Yup, ladies and gentleman, I have insane luck.. xD
    If someone wants to play with me my steam name is:REKTum.cfg and my profile picture is a "handsome" girl.. I'm a lvl 51 Zer0. :D

Not really related to Tales From the Borderlands but I wanna brag.. xD I got the Conference Call (the gun found in Jacks office and held by the Stranger) in my first fight against the Warrior.. (really really rare, like 1:1000 chances)

• OH MY GOD. For all the times I've played BL2, I've completely missed this. Oh-my-god.

...I wonder if Tim would have finally gotten paid that way. Still. Ohmygod. I didn't think the poor kid's life could possibly get any worse.

It get's even more disturbing when you remember Opportunity was planning to include a 'Pleasure Palace' where for $1000 you could spend an h

• *Brotherhood I got you bro

LawmanZero posted: »

Eventually you've seen so many strip shows and know what the strippers look like underneath that you get bored and go off to watch Fullmetal Alchemist.

• It's hard to tell now that he's an AI, but Handsome Jack has heterochromia (different colored irises). Timothy has this also, but that may be due to his surgery to look like Jack, not an inborn defect. Rhys also has different colored irises, but this is due to his ECHO-eye.

• edited August 2015

I found out something interesting about Jack's existence in Rhys. Rhys doesn't need to die by a head injury or anything in relation to his cybernetics for Jack to die also. If you fail the QTE when both Jack and Rhys punch the Psycho, the Psycho stabs Rhys in the stomach and Rhys falls to the ground. But Jack also falls over too, then disappears.

enter image description here

Weird. I don't get why they just didn't make Jack force Rhys's hand instead of resulting in a game over.

• edited August 2015

Gives a whole new meaning to #SaveTimothy, right?

blue_pen posted: »

OH MY GOD. For all the times I've played BL2, I've completely missed this. Oh-my-god. ...I wonder if Tim would have finally gotten paid that way. Still. Ohmygod. I didn't think the poor kid's life could possibly get any worse.

• edited August 2015

If you fail the QTE to unhook the rocket from the ship, Loader bot throws Gortys into space just before the ship blows up. Kinda sad. It also doesn't show Scooter on the other rocket with his hand stuck.

• I had that in my scumbag playthrough, nice detail.

If you fail the QTE to unhook the rocket from the ship, Loader bot throws Gortys into space just before the ship blows up. Kinda sad. It also doesn't show Scooter on the other rocket with his hand stuck.

• Hell, yes. I might need alcohol. #SaveTimothy x 1000.

Gives a whole new meaning to #SaveTimothy, right?

• Two heists: Get the beacon and rescue that stripper who might have important info.

Hell, yes. I might need alcohol. #SaveTimothy x 1000.

• You can slightly tell with AI Jack since one eye is slightly darker than the other.

tyler8160 posted: »

It's hard to tell now that he's an AI, but Handsome Jack has heterochromia (different colored irises). Timothy has this also, but that may b

• Not sure why I just noticed this today, but Chris Hardwick is the voice of Vaughn! I love that guy and now I realize why I love Vaughn :D

• I know, it's just a little hard to tell if you're not really looking. It's the first thing I looked for when he appeared in episode 2. I saw that his left eye was slightly darker (green) than his right eye (blue).

You can slightly tell with AI Jack since one eye is slightly darker than the other.

• Yep.

tyler8160 posted: »

I know, it's just a little hard to tell if you're not really looking. It's the first thing I looked for when he appeared in episode 2. I saw that his left eye was slightly darker (green) than his right eye (blue).

• ...that actually might end up being the plot of Ocean's Fourteen. Or a really dark reboot of Heroes.

Two heists: Get the beacon and rescue that stripper who might have important info.

• Yeah, but he was surprised he was angry. And he wasn't shouting.

Kruzii posted: »

nah, he wondered that he felt something about her dead

• edited August 2015

This is what happens if you miss the following quick time event:

• OW MY HEART

• Had it in my canon playthrough, on purpose :(

• Plot hole it is then. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

The details of his death would be common knowledge as well. The most likely explanation is that it's a plot hole. He can't know about Angel'

• Wait... xD I can't tell if all those Fiona help! options are photoshoped or not. Which is it?

• Wait is that Jack talking to Rhys about Fiona or Sasha?!?!

• Fiona.

Wait is that Jack talking to Rhys about Fiona or Sasha?!?!

• They are not photoshoped, it happens.

DeityD posted: »

Wait... xD I can't tell if all those Fiona help! options are photoshoped or not. Which is it?

• So I was doing a silent playthrough of the game and in episode 3 If you don't say anything to Scooter after Finch and Kroger go away Sasha will thank him and he says this;

(apologies for my dodgy linework) ^^;

I found it pretty neat since in episode 4 there is a lot of hero talk in regards to Scooter. :D It also makes it extra heartwarming since Scooter IS the hero of episode 4.

R.I.P Space Cowboy :<

• Ouch.. there it is.. this sting in my heart.. ouch

xValkyx posted: »

So I was doing a silent playthrough of the game and in episode 3 If you don't say anything to Scooter after Finch and Kroger go away Sasha w

• edited August 2015

Indeed :(

You know another interesting thing I found? If you stay quiet during ep4 when you have the last option with Scooter (and yes it took me ages to actually bring myself to do nothing). It's surprisingly...cute?

Fiona smiles at Scooter and he just looks at her adorably.

It's especially sweet (though sad) if you have been silent towards him from ep2 onwards, because Fiona before that moment comes across as quite cold and apathetic towards him, so to see her smile at him, which may have been the first time she does, tugs at your heartstrings ;_; weirdly enough, I actually like that option (certainly more than the handshake anyway).

Kruzii posted: »

Ouch.. there it is.. this sting in my heart.. ouch

• I ain't even mad, this is hilarious. :D

dojo32161 posted: »

They are not photoshoped, it happens.

• edited August 2015

I did the same, so I haven't seen all the outcomes yet. It just looked so... fake. :)

• Not sure if it's been mentioned, but the space banner with Scooter on it, it looks like he's doing the exact same pose as the one he does when his title card comes up in episode 2.

• Operation: Kidnap Timothy while fighting off the angry patrons.

...that actually might end up being the plot of Ocean's Fourteen. Or a really dark reboot of Heroes.

• But Jack announced Angel's death over the ECHOnet when he rescinded the bounty on the Vault Hunters because he wanted to kill them himself.

Also, Rhys makes a comment about him dying with no family if you choose the 'you died alone' option if you refuse his offer.

The details of his death would be common knowledge as well. The most likely explanation is that it's a plot hole. He can't know about Angel'

• This is the second time I've marred this thread with my smut/random asides - I really need to stop.

Apologies to everyone - and mods, feel free to censor me if I ever push it (I'm going to stop though, I swear!)

Hard to imagine Timmy like that but there it is.

• Yeah I did my silent playthrough and thought staying quiet during that moment would kill me (like the handshake did in my douchebag playthrough), but it was really quite touching.

Unfortunately you don't get the "Scooter will never forget you" prompt for either of those, though. :(

xValkyx posted: »

Indeed You know another interesting thing I found? If you stay quiet during ep4 when you have the last option with Scooter (and yes it t

• Unfortunately you don't get the "Scooter will never forget you" prompt for either of those, though. :(

It should have said (?) Scooter will forget you moments before he dies.

Yeah I did my silent playthrough and thought staying quiet during that moment would kill me (like the handshake did in my douchebag playthro

Sign in to comment in this discussion.