Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about Tales From The Borderlands

Comments

• Maybe it depends on weather or not you look at the chair before sitting in it?

Does anyone know what changes this itty-bitty bit of dialog? I got the first one in my first playthrough and the other in the second, but my Jack-related choices were pretty much the same in both, so I don't know what exactly affects this...

• Yeah because I never got to tell jack what I'd do

Deadpoolian posted: »

Maybe it depends on weather or not you look at the chair before sitting in it?

• I feel ya. Those idiots knew almost nothing and they still complained! And what the heck did they mean Fiona doesn't look Hyperion after I've spent all August's money in the quick change station?! Rude.

I was so pissed that I got it all correct and they still complained that I was a crappy tour guide. My Fiona has been a complete pacifist so

• edited August 2015

Credits to tumblr users finding these ones.

So remaining silent [I think] to Sasha when she asks on if her disguise will work, will cause for this to happen:

enter image description here

Also, something of a shocker. Despite Vaughn saying 'this'll be a story we'll tell our kids when we're millionaires' in Episode 2, if Rhys brings up his friend's quote in Episode 4, this happens:

And now, for the big one:

Handsome Jack porked his girlfriend in his office chair.

Rhys sits and potentially gets trapped in the chair Jack porked his girlfriend on.

The kinky arm restraints suddenly make perfect sense.

Jack is a 50 Shades of Grey kinda guuuuy.

What is seen cannot be unseen.

• Oh, they're canonical kinksters.

Nisha's melee is a whip, and if you look at the exoskeleton arm on Jack's desk via Jackepedia he'll say how good it was for strangling and how much Nisha wanted him to get it because of that.

In TPS she also has lines like:

"Nisha here. Available for mercenary work, S&M, and birthday parties."

and

"I'm usually into this, but..." (when she's out of oxygen).

Lilacsbloom posted: »

Credits to tumblr users finding these ones. So remaining silent [I think] to Sasha when she asks on if her disguise will work, will cause

• enter image description here

mfw: im a huge zelda fan and this happened

• To be fair, though, his comment was "Are you both blind?"

Sour Grapes, indeed.

DeityD posted: »

I feel ya. Those idiots knew almost nothing and they still complained! And what the heck did they mean Fiona doesn't look Hyperion after I've spent all August's money in the quick change station?! Rude.

• Heh, I liked how they disliked your misogyny if you say that. Like, they're the soldiers of an evil corporation but they still have progressive views and oppose things like homophobia and sexism. I enjoyed that whole encounter.

kaza125 posted: »

If you say to the captain when you arrive at Helios "I was doing your mom" He will say his mom is dead.... It's very awkward. Also if you s

• Nope. He didn't even know about his death until he was told, and Rhys wouldn't know nor would most of the people in Hyperion. There'd be no records of it. He wouldn't be as stable as he is if she was dead. Plus, you don't "check up" on someone that you know is dead. There is literally no way he'd know she's dead.

Yeah well he could be talking about her grave or something.

• You can't know that for sure. I don't know what the hell happened with him in ep1, I can assume he was either in denial or he upgraded his memory later somehow, but in ep3 he even knew exactly how he died. He knew there was a hole in his chest and that it was the Vault hunters who killed him. It's either a mistake in ep1, or he was in denial or he's regained his memory along the way.

Plus, you don't "check up" on someone that you know is dead.

I admit that phrase is odd, but it's not a solid proof. Maybe it's meant to sound vague. Like I said above, he was too sad for someone who just going to visit his daughter during that scene.

I'm not saying he knows for sure. I'm just saying it's possible.

Nope. He didn't even know about his death until he was told, and Rhys wouldn't know nor would most of the people in Hyperion. There'd be no

• Oh. Oh. Damn. I was confused with his comment and only now I get it. xD Who would've thought? I mean, they totally looked like corporate scum. I dunno what else you need to do to look Hyperion.

I think he needs a hug after all. :)

LawmanZero posted: »

To be fair, though, his comment was "Are you both blind?" Sour Grapes, indeed.

• Just kill his mother and he'll stop being Grumpy Bear and turn back into Classy Gangster Guy. PROBLEM SOLVED!

And no, you can't use Gortys, she tried that already and it didn't work too well.

Oh. Oh. Damn. I was confused with his comment and only now I get it. xD Who would've thought? I mean, they totally looked like corporate scum. I dunno what else you need to do to look Hyperion. I think he needs a hug after all.

• Borderlands is set in the 52nd century, so homophobia and sexism are considered to be crimes worthy of firing squads.

Jack has no problem with homosexuality, either. Or women working in high-ranking positions.

kaza125 posted: »

If you say to the captain when you arrive at Helios "I was doing your mom" He will say his mom is dead.... It's very awkward. Also if you s

• Also, this moment is awesome in that Rhys finally gets to do the one thing every Crimson Raider wanted to tell Jack-he talks too much for his own good.

He just has to go and ruin it, doesn't he? Also, how the hell did Dameon not pass out during that? It seems to be one continuous take, and you can hear him start to falter, but then he gets the laugh out and keeps going - it's really impressive.

• How would you feel if I played...uh...the Avengers: Age of Ultron credits music over the ECHONet on random occasions?

No, I literally choked him... He was dissing Swifty so I rammed a couple of ECHOpods down his throat loaded up with her entire back catal

• Oh yes, he does that. He does...and it's the saddest you'll ever see him.

Of course, he soon follows that up by whacking his dickery up to 1001.

AChicken posted: »

I've never played borderlands but I'm sure someone in the forums said after Angel died, Jack announced it to the whole of Pandora. He wanted to kill the vault hunters himself BECAUSE his daughter was dead.

• Well, people probably got so sick of having to go outside to see the stars (who has time for THAT, anyway? Takes time away from baking and shooting people in the back alleys) they just let them knock a hole there so all the dating couples can simply walk over there and look at the stars at night and talk about how awesome they look, etc, etc.

Okay, so this is a nitpick, but how the hell did the space ship launch from inside the middle of Hollow Point? It's a freakin' cave! A

• No-no-no-no-no-no-no... let's not do that, okay?

Gary-Oak posted: »

Well, I know a way Jack can be destroyed. Blow up Helios.

• Well, no. Jack knows exactly how he died. Shot in the sternum. He describes to Rhys how it's painful and sucks.

Unheroic_ posted: »

It seems like the Jack AI's memories only go up to about the beginning of Borderlands 2, since he said that he should visit Angel when I exa

• He got shot in the abs BECAUSE if you do so, that's how you can see his true face. That, or let Lilith kill him.

Well, no. Jack knows exactly how he died. Shot in the sternum. He describes to Rhys how it's painful and sucks.

• edited August 2015

Handsome Jack porked his girlfriend in his office chair.

Rhys sits and potentially gets trapped in the chair Jack porked his girlfriend on.

The kinky arm restraints suddenly make perfect sense.

Jack is a 50 Shades of Grey kinda guuuuy.

What is seen cannot be unseen.

HOLY FUCK

Lilacsbloom posted: »

Credits to tumblr users finding these ones. So remaining silent [I think] to Sasha when she asks on if her disguise will work, will cause

• Jack has no problem with homosexuality, either. Or women working in high-ranking positions.

nice

Borderlands is set in the 52nd century, so homophobia and sexism are considered to be crimes worthy of firing squads. Jack has no problem with homosexuality, either. Or women working in high-ranking positions.

• I bet they cut it out so they didn't have to animate the mouth-rambling.

But goddamn, Dameon. Goddamn.

He just has to go and ruin it, doesn't he? Also, how the hell did Dameon not pass out during that? It seems to be one continuous take, and you can hear him start to falter, but then he gets the laugh out and keeps going - it's really impressive.

• edited August 2015

Seriously. He was very confused to why it wasn't legal on Earth.

Actually, his political leanings are weird as fuck. He's a fascist, but he supports gender rights and gay marriage.

Jack has no problem with homosexuality, either. Or women working in high-ranking positions. nice

• There's the possibility he made the guy eat his fist when he punched him incredibly hard in the mouth, causing him to choke until his eyes popped out.

This is bullshit, Jack didn't choke a guy so hard his eyes popped out, he strangled a guy to make his eyes pop out. Jack of all people should know the difference between choking and strangulation.

• ARE YOU FCUKING KIDDING ME TELLTALE????

• edited August 2015

Something like "Rhys-- Rhys!" and that's it. He doesn't mention anything else, just calls out his name.

Thanks for answer Could You tell me what does he say to Rhysquez when he call him before the shootout?

• It kept me wondering when Rhys's voice modulator stopped working, and he decided to free style, if that was Troy voicing Rhys-quez after the voice cracking bits (where he actually began to sound like Vasq.) or Vasquez's actual voice actor.

OzzyUK posted: »

This fact comes from @puzzlebox after i mentioned Rhys's impression of Vasquez in this thread. Fun fact: after we got the first takes

• edited August 2015

And in the AMA, he adds that they did strangulation, and Russian Roulette, and apparently Nisha cut off his pinky at some point, and he does it with the mask off.

They might have had a rather nasty falling out, though, because whenever you visit Lynchwood, Nisha's there, and she's never mentioned to be on Helios. Hence Jack's indifference to her death.

Oh, they're canonical kinksters. Nisha's melee is a whip, and if you look at the exoskeleton arm on Jack's desk via Jackepedia he'll say

• WHO DID THIS

Goddammit, I have Rhys on my mind (and after finally getting rid of Jack!) Also, nice to see Rhys has learnt from the master:

• edited August 2015

If you wait for a bit before peeling the face off, Jack says something along the lines of "Get me back to Helios, Rhys. Pretty please with strippers on top?"

EDIT: I screen capped it.

• edited August 2015

Real CEOs ALWAYS have strippers in their office in case they need to host a party, but there are no hidden doors to be seen, which means the only option is...the employees?

BLEACH BLEACH BLEACH BLEACH BLEACH BLEACH BLEACH BLEACH BLEACH BLEACH BLEACH BLEACH BLEACH BLEACH BLEACH BLEACH

If you wait for a bit before peeling the face off, Jack says something along the lines of "Get me back to Helios, Rhys. Pretty please with strippers on top?" EDIT: I screen capped it.

• BLEACH BLEACH BLEACH BLEACH BLEACH BLEACH BLEACH BLEACH BLEACH BLEACH BLEACH BLEACH BLEACH BLEACH BLEACH BLEACH

Why do you want to watch anime at a time like this when employees might be strippers?

Real CEOs ALWAYS have strippers in their office in case they need to host a party, but there are no hidden doors to be seen, which means the

• That's besides the point.

Fact is, Jack knows how he died, and the pain it caused. He's got to know that Angel isn't alive anymore.

He got shot in the abs BECAUSE if you do so, that's how you can see his true face. That, or let Lilith kill him.

• Well, the man's got some morals.

Seriously. He was very confused to why it wasn't legal on Earth. Actually, his political leanings are weird as fuck. He's a fascist, but he supports gender rights and gay marriage.

• BLEACH BLEACH BLEACH BLEACH BLEACH BLEACH BLEACH BLEACH BLEACH BLEACH BLEACH BLEACH BLEACH BLEACH BLEACH BLEACH

Real CEOs ALWAYS have strippers in their office in case they need to host a party, but there are no hidden doors to be seen, which means the

• Yeah, my headcanon has always been that Jack got too crazy, even by Nisha's standards and that she tried to distance herself as much as possible (despite still caring for him as much as she was capable of).

There's something so sad and detached about Sheriff Nisha, she's a shell of her former self.

And in the AMA, he adds that they did strangulation, and Russian Roulette, and apparently Nisha cut off his pinky at some point, and he does

Sign in to comment in this discussion.