The Legendary Monkey Island FanArt

Comments

• edited November 2009
    It's such a shame to reduce the resolution further but sadly 1,024 x 768 pixels is the maximum resolution my TV wants to can do.
  • edited November 2009
    PecanBlue wrote: »
    PyriteParrot.jpg

Not much to say about this one. I needed to mess around with some of the OpenCanvas tools and I also needed to draw that Pyrite Parrot at some point, so there you go. Though I did make this into a wallpaper since I needed a blue MI-related desktop to go with my room, so here's more stuff:

Same image, but at exact size without the border.

.PNG file - Without any background or text and just the sole image within transparency. This is what I used for the wallpapers so if anyone wants to yank it for whatever reason like icons or website graphics, go on ahead. (Since this is fanart you also don't have to credit me as long as you don't flat out give credit to someone else when asked who made it. Make sure to credit Telltale for the characters though!!)

Wallpaper Versions:

1280 x 1024
    1680 x 1050
    1920 x 1080

Best wallpaper ever.
  • edited November 2009
    tbm1986 wrote: »
    It's such a shame to reduce the resolution further but sadly 1,024 x 768 pixels is the maximum resolution my TV wants to can do.

Ung, sorry about that, I'm terrible with wallpaper sizes! I always just assume that a monitor can only go so wide so I work with the widest setting I know. I don't know anything though, so don't mind me!

Oh and thanks for the comments! Saken, your picture is really good! I really like how you shade the clothing, especially the coat. Can't wait to see your LeChuck!
  • edited November 2009
    Great pic, PecanBlue :) I really like it!
  • edited November 2009
    @PecanBlue: Ha, ha, Guybrush's expression is priceless! :D
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2009
    BeeKay84 wrote: »
    @PecanBlue: Ha, ha, Guybrush's expression is priceless! :D

^ My thoughts exactly :)
  • edited November 2009
    great pic! so colorful! thanks for sharing :)
  • edited November 2009
    Thanks guys! Pyrite Parrot is currently "gracing" my desktop right now, so I pretty much have to feel guilt from Guybrush's "please kill me" expression every day. :(
  • edited November 2009
    I, for one, approve of your taste in musical arts.

I spy with my little eyes a song with Hirokazu Ando and Shogo Sakai... is that sum Mother Threeeeeeee? Or Smash? (the more likely candidate)
  • edited December 2009
    I really like the picture, but...
    Pink isn't really Morgan's color. ^.^
  • edited December 2009
    Giant Tope wrote: »
    I spy with my little eyes a song with Hirokazu Ando and Shogo Sakai... is that sum Mother Threeeeeeee? Or Smash? (the more likely candidate)

Yeah, from Smash Brawl. Specifically, "Frozen Hillside" from Kirby Air Ride. That and Freezeezy Peak on the player were part of my Videogame Christmas Mix. I do have the Mother 3 soundtrack though!!
    guimero64 wrote: »

This is great! I like the coloring on her lips, especially!
  • edited December 2009
    Freezeezy peak!! banjo kazooie, yay!! : D
    and smash brawl does have some awesome (remixed) tunes indeed <3
    i love what they did with the original mario bros underground theme, it's so loungy :3

!! if anyone wants to ssb-brawl against another monkey island fan (me), PM me (friendcode exchange <3)!! :D *glee* I wonder if point-n-clickers also make good button bashers ~
  • edited December 2009
    I made a Morgan sprite, just for the heck of it, based off the concept art. This is my first time making a sprite, too. I might animate it tomorrow.
    PixelMorgan.png
  • edited December 2009
    Maxilyah wrote: »
    I really like the picture, but...
    Pink isn't really Morgan's color. ^.^

When i painted it on corel it wasn't pink, i suppose the conversion in jpeg was the cause!!!
  • edited December 2009
    Ah, that explains it. The picture's still great, either way. ;)
  • edited December 2009
    I made a Morgan sprite, just for the heck of it, based off the concept art. This is my first time making a sprite, too. I might animate it tomorrow.
    PixelMorgan.png

I hate you with jealous rage. Your first attempt puts my first attempt and all further attempts since to shame.

Though to be fair, it's a completely different style of spriting, and I've never tried that style because it would suck so hard it would collapse into a black hole
  • edited December 2009
    PixelMorgan.png

As someone who grew up with sprites I think you're a natural.
  • edited December 2009
    PixelMorgan.png

Did you use a base for that? It kinda looks loosely based off of a Pokemon trainer sprite, but it could just be me.
  • edited December 2009
    Cell, that's how she looks in the concept.
  • edited December 2009
    she said it was based off the concept art
    so that means she took the concept , resized it to 30% and enhanced the colors to remove any aliased/high-freq pixel poop in the result ~ and it looks really smooth too! (props)
  • edited December 2009
    Well, not exactly. Yes, I used the concept as a base, and reduced the size but used layers in Photoshop in order to trace and color it.
    And thanks for all the nice comments, guys! Makes me wanna do more sprites. :D
  • edited December 2009
    Please do.
  • edited December 2009
    Request? (Please make sure that a full-body reference picture exists somewhere first). :P
  • edited December 2009
    Voodoo Lady?
  • edited December 2009
    DeSinge, plz :p
  • edited December 2009
    I'll see what I can do. :)
  • edited December 2009
    I posted a picture of Morgan what must have been quite a lot of pages ago. Anyway, here's three more TMI pictures I've done over the course of the series as each chapter's been released. I have anatomy issues and such with each of them, but they're all done out of love for the game and I had so much fun doing them too!

I also apologize for the watermarks on them, since they've come directly from my DA gallery.

TMI_01.jpg
    Marker, Watercolour and coloured pencil.

TMI_02.jpg
    Ballpoint pen doodle

TMI_03.jpg
    So I'm four days early giving TellTale congrats, but I won't be around much during the game's release and wanted to do something to celebrate the final chapter.

I really hope these don't stretch the page. If they do, can someone advise me on how to put them under a spoiler tag or something? Thanks. :)
  • edited December 2009
    Really Great!!!
  • edited December 2009
    Well, not exactly. Yes, I used the concept as a base, and reduced the size but used layers in Photoshop in order to trace and color it.
    And thanks for all the nice comments, guys! Makes me wanna do more sprites. :D
    Well that deserves far more credit than the previously mentioned method.
  • edited December 2009
    Keysha, I absolutely love your art. In fact, at one point, I had the one of them in the boat as my desktop for a while.
  • edited December 2009
    Keysha, you art is REALLY amazing! However, I wish you could have somehow implemented a jealous Morgan into the first one.
  • edited December 2009
    Keysha, your work is really amazing, especially this pic:
    Keysha wrote: »
    TMI_01.jpg
    I loved it since the first time I saw the sketch on DA! It's so romantic, beautiful and the coloring is just fantastic!
  • edited December 2009
    I don't think this statue received the right carefulness. It's A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!!! :eek:
    GuybrushT. wrote: »
    Hi,

I new on this forum and i want to share with you this little lechuck Statue i made.

First i did a 3d model of lechuck with 3dsmax and Zbrush based on this awesome Steve purcell concept, take me a least 2 months to do it after work.
    3754747925_07954ebb1d.jpg
    once i was happy of it, i ask a specialized company to make a 3d print of my model.
    here's the result of the print:
    3755530748_b2296f2134.jpg
    they made a good job on him, i'm really happy of the result, all the details of the 3d model are intact after the print i've also made a custom wooden base reproducing a shipdeck now i need to paint him !:)
    you can find another pictures of him on my flickr gallery. Here !

GuybrushT.
  • edited December 2009
    I agree. The amount of work that guy put into it was phenomenal! I look forward to seeing a painted version.
  • edited December 2009
    GuybrushT. wrote: »
    Hi,

I new on this forum and i want to share with you this little lechuck Statue i made.

First i did a 3d model of lechuck with 3dsmax and Zbrush based on this awesome Steve purcell concept, take me a least 2 months to do it after work.
    3754747925_07954ebb1d.jpg
    once i was happy of it, i ask a specialized company to make a 3d print of my model.
    here's the result of the print:
    3755530748_b2296f2134.jpg
    they made a good job on him, i'm really happy of the result, all the details of the 3d model are intact after the print i've also made a custom wooden base reproducing a shipdeck now i need to paint him !:)
    you can find another pictures of him on my flickr gallery. Here !

GuybrushT.

i really want to do some sculpting from my art work, how would i go about it, should i contact a company like what you did...or should i get some fimo clay and go solo....what youve created is truely incredible and inspirational
  • edited December 2009
    I don't know if this is just the right discussion to post a bootscreen (since the drawing is by SP and not me :P) but anyway, here is it:
    i25x6r.jpg

(I've applied it with TuneUp Utilities!!)
  • edited December 2009
    Keysha wrote: »
    TMI_01.jpg

TMI_02.jpg
    Ballpoint pen doodle

I love these two pictures, top work for sure :) The second one takes me back to my childhood, with the fantastic art in Where the Wild Things Are (the original book, not the film obviously).
  • edited December 2009
    I don't know if this is just the right discussion to post a bootscreen (since the drawing is by SP and not me :P) but anyway, here is it:
    i25x6r.jpg

(I've applied it with TuneUp Utilities!!)

Woah! Were did you get this?!
  • edited December 2009
    I thought you might like this piece of fanart I made recently:

MTilly2009-Elaine_and_Morgan_stranded.jpg
Sign in to comment in this discussion.