The Legendary Monkey Island FanArt

Comments

• edited November 2009
    Awesome! Where did you get it printed, and how much was it? I've had some stuff printed at Shapeways.com...

Edit: Ah, I see, Ownage.

Is this your first ZBrush-model? I'm thinking about trying myself on it, although I have no sculpting background at all, so I'm a little hesitant.
  • edited November 2009
    Falanca wrote: »
    Old, or new Robotnik? New Robotnik is just cheesy, not even comparable to LeChuck.

EDIT: Oh, pardon me, it's a COMPLAINT after all.

Definitely old Robotnik. Sonic lost his way after Sonic 3&K, imo. The storyline, gameplay and plot all suffered. More forgivable was changing Robotnik's name to Eggman and making him cheesy, but I still prefer the old one by a long shot.

Even Sonic CD is bad imo. One step forward, two steps back. Time travel is lame, finding those machines is a pain in the arse, the levels are messy and disjointed, the American music is on all the post-MegaCD versions, the special stages are badly-designed...wait...wrong forum.
  • edited November 2009
    GuybrushT, I love that statue! Will they make copies for whoever asks for them? I'd gladly pay £200 for that, if I had the money.
  • edited November 2009
    tbm1986 wrote: »
    Definitely old Robotnik. Sonic lost his way after Sonic 3&K, imo. The storyline, gameplay and plot all suffered. More forgivable was changing Robotnik's name to Eggman and making him cheesy, but I still prefer the old one by a long shot.

Actually, his name was always "Eggman" in Japan, they were just getting his name aligned in all languages when they started calling him that. And yes, I would love nothing more than for Sega to take a lesson from Mega Man 9 and make Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (because Sonic 3 & Knuckles is one game, dammit) in old 16-bit style. Sonic Rush is absolutely a terrific step towards this.
    Even Sonic CD is bad imo. One step forward, two steps back. Time travel is lame, finding those machines is a pain in the arse, the levels are messy and disjointed, the American music is on all the post-MegaCD versions, the special stages are badly-designed...wait...wrong forum.

Yes. Very yes.
  • edited November 2009

Can't agree more. It went downhill after S3&K, what a brilliant game that was...
    Actually, his name was always "Eggman" in Japan, they were just getting his name aligned in all languages when they started calling him that. And yes, I would love nothing more than for Sega to take a lesson from Mega Man 9 and make Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (because Sonic 3 & Knuckles is one game, dammit) in old 16-bit style. Sonic Rush is absolutely a terrific step towards this.

Actually, they're working on something named Project Needlemouse these days. It's said to be bringing back the basics...

Well, they'd said it before Rush series, Sonic'06, Unleashed... But I'm kinda waiting for it. I'm just a blind, blind fanboy.
  • edited November 2009
    Actually, they're working on something named Project Needlemouse these days. It's said to be bringing back the basics...

Well, they'd said it before Rush series, Sonic'06, Unleashed... But I'm kinda waiting for it. I'm just a blind, blind fanboy.

Oh my, that looks like exactly what I've been waiting for.

Please, Sega, please please please pleeeeeeeeeeease don't screw it up...
  • edited November 2009
  • edited November 2009
    Wha? I looked it up on Wikipedia. It's supposed to be a 2D sidescroller and the title screen teaser image is a throwback to the Sonic 1 and 2 title screens. That's pretty much exactly what I've been hoping for.
  • edited November 2009
    Hi !

thanks for the kind words, i'm glad you like it ! :o
    I'll give you 4300000000000000000000000000000$ for that!
    ok ! so now i guess i'm rich :D
    Awesome! Where did you get it printed, and how much was it? I've had some stuff printed at Shapeways.com...

Edit: Ah, I see, Ownage.

Is this your first ZBrush-model? I'm thinking about trying myself on it, although I have no sculpting background at all, so I'm a little hesitant.
    it cost me around 250 $ for a 8 inch statue.
    This is not my first zbrush model, i'm character artist for the video game industry. If you know how to use a 3d software then you definitly have to try zbrush :)
    GuybrushT, I love that statue! Will they make copies for whoever asks for them? I'd gladly pay £200 for that, if I had the money.

no they can't without my consent, but you know i can't do any business with a copyrighted character (i don't want to have lucasart lawyers at my door tomorrow:eek:). it's just a fanart, i made it for me and the only one ever created is on my desk :D
  • edited November 2009
    GuybrushT. wrote: »
    This is not my first zbrush model, i'm character artist for the video game industry. If you know how to use a 3d software then you definitly have to try zbrush :)
    I'm working with 3ds max for almost 10 years now, but I'm doing more technical stuff... machines, computer-hardware, architecture... I've never done a lot of character stuff. I'll try my hands on ZBrush though... and put my Wacom to good use at last ;)
  • edited November 2009
    I've been kinda stressed out recently after finding out some bad news, so I decided to try to get my mind off of that by distracting it with something really really sappy. About halfway through, I decided to draw Wally in the background with the same face I was making when I was drawing this so I didn't feel as awkward.

I miss my scanner.
    uggg005.jpg

sappy sappy sappy

edit: oh wow i just realized that the bleeding maple tree shows up in the upper right corner :|
  • edited November 2009
    Sappiness is good stress relief :D Lovely picture, and Wally's expression made me grin!

Sorry to hear you've had some bad news, hope you are okay.
  • edited November 2009
    Wha? I looked it up on Wikipedia. It's supposed to be a 2D sidescroller and the title screen teaser image is a throwback to the Sonic 1 and 2 title screens. That's pretty much exactly what I've been hoping for.

You know, at first, I gave the first reaction. I was happy, I mean. And then I remembered how they said "In Sonic Unleashed, there are springs that WON'T be useful to you. JUST LIKE IN THE GENESIS GAMES, RITE?" after announcing the game and praising the shiz out of its "Hedgehog Engine". Then I facepalm'd.
  • edited November 2009
    Wait, why are you guys even talking about sonic in the fanart thread?
  • edited November 2009
    Eugh... Err...

[changesubject]

galalaglag.jpg

This belongs in Crap Fanart Thread!

[/changesubject]
  • edited November 2009
    GuybrushT. wrote: »
    Hi,

I new on this forum and i want to share with you this little lechuck Statue i made.

First i did a 3d model of lechuck with 3dsmax and Zbrush based on this awesome Steve purcell concept, take me a least 2 months to do it after work.
    3754747925_07954ebb1d.jpg
    once i was happy of it, i ask a specialized company to make a 3d print of my model.
    here's the result of the print:
    3755530748_b2296f2134.jpg
    they made a good job on him, i'm really happy of the result, all the details of the 3d model are intact after the print i've also made a custom wooden base reproducing a shipdeck now i need to paint him !:)
    you can find another pictures of him on my flickr gallery. Here !

GuybrushT.

gorgeous! is it viewable in the round? or is it primarily his front 3/4?
  • edited November 2009

I've heard about that too. They only recently officially announced it, so I'm hopeful it will get developed to completion and be released on all major consoles in 2010. I don't have any of the current generation of consoles, so I hope they release for PS2. *all fingers and toes crossed*
  • edited November 2009
    gorgeous! is it viewable in the round? or is it primarily his front 3/4?

of course it's a full statue :) i haven't take pictures of his back because that's not the most interesting part of the model.
  • edited November 2009
    I've heard about that too. They only recently officially announced it, so I'm hopeful it will get developed to completion and be released on all major consoles in 2010. I don't have any of the current generation of consoles, so I hope they release for PS2. *all fingers and toes crossed*

Recently? The teaser is up for some months, as far as I can remember. But it's not that important anyway.

I don't even have a PS2 to begin with. I'm THAT miserable.
  • edited November 2009
    Recently? The teaser is up for some months, as far as I can remember. But it's not that important anyway.

I don't even have a PS2 to begin with. I'm THAT miserable.

I bought it mostly for Gran Turismo 3&4 and see little point in buying a PS3 until there's a game I really want that's available for PS3 but not PS2. If you don't have much interest in modern games (or you have an X-Box/X-Box 360/Wii), I don't blame you for not having one.

And I could have sworn the announcement and screenshots came out in September this year.
  • edited November 2009
    I do have interest, I do not have XBox or Wii, yet all my attempts to get a console are thwarted by my own parents. Now I'm 18 and I've started saving money for a home console.

September... Erh, yeah, maybe I exaggerated a bit, it was definitely September.
  • edited November 2009
    September... Erh, yeah, maybe I exaggerated a bit, it was definitely September.

Maybe it feels like a lot longer because you're so excited, like me :p
  • edited November 2009
    Giant Tope wrote: »
    I've been kinda stressed out recently after finding out some bad news, so I decided to try to get my mind off of that by distracting it with something really really sappy. About halfway through, I decided to draw Wally in the background with the same face I was making when I was drawing this so I didn't feel as awkward.

I miss my scanner.
    uggg005.jpg
    Aww! I'd love to see that finished and in color. :)
  • edited November 2009
    Wait, why are you guys even talking about sonic in the fanart thread?

Somebody brought up that LeChuck looks like Robotnik in a certain image and we naturally derailed from there. Such derailments seem to be common around here and don't last too long.

Also, what BeeKay said. ^ Excellent work!
  • edited November 2009
    I would love to see it finished and colored(as well as everything else I have that looks nice), but right now I literally only have a single pencil and paper, as well as the eraser and sharpener that I've only been able to get my hands on like, what? A week ago? Haha. Once I have the resources, I'll see what I can do.
  • edited November 2009
    I would love to see it finished and colored(as well as everything else I have that looks nice), but right now I literally only have a single pencil and paper, as well as the eraser and sharpener that I've only been able to get my hands on like, what? A week ago? Haha. Once I have the resources, I'll see what I can do.

Cool! Hope that everything goes well and the problems go away. Monkey Island is always good in cheering me up! :-D
  • edited November 2009
    runwpc025.jpg

It's not really counted like a fanart but more like a tribrute to monkey island...
    We can see a feral chicken of Puerto Pollo on the table of Mama Dorita...

Image from Runaway A Road Adventure...

if you dont know this game then go play it!!!

The backgrounds are made by talented artist... one of them is the artist of this painting that everyone here knows!!!

Enjoy!!!

Edit: It's from a game so it's not a fanart i suppose... really good game!!!

Here's another one... from Runaway 2
    run2pc011.jpg
  • edited November 2009
    mo-0d8c30d945.jpg

Mo'!!!
  • edited November 2009
    Some random stuff I have lying around. :)

My entry for the Halloween contest a while back:
    http://unicorn-foal.deviantart.com/art/TellTale-Halloween-Contest-145031231

Some sketches I posted already in the "I Wonder What Happened" tryout thread, which I thought I'd put here. Labelled "Unfinished"! xD
    http://unicorn-foal.deviantart.com/art/MI-Guybrush-Sketches-145029270
    http://unicorn-foal.deviantart.com/art/MI-SaM-Sam-VS-Guybrush-145029656
  • edited November 2009
    guimero64 wrote: »
    (large pics removed)

That could almost be Bill Tiller's work, only with a lot more detail.
  • edited November 2009
    That could almost be Bill Tiller's work, only with a lot more detail.

Yeah!
    Beautiful, aren't they?
    :)
  • edited November 2009
    Yeah!
    Beautiful, aren't they?
    :)

Yes! I'm sorely tempted to buy...when I have the money :(
  • edited November 2009
    Mo'!!!

Mo!!!

Sweet style, it's really cute.
  • edited November 2009
    Mo!!!

Sweet style, it's really cute.

♫ Thank yoooou!!! ♪
  • edited November 2009

Oh, because these Runaway games are not tactless and painfully obvious...:eek::mad:
  • edited November 2009
    yeah... too logic... Brian Basco doesn't pick up objects when it's not necessary and when it's needed you must return back for it... painful :(
  • edited November 2009
    doodo! wrote: »
    Oh, because these Runaway games are not tactless and painfully obvious...:eek::mad:

but the third one seems pretty great... less... painful...
  • edited November 2009
    alright i finished the guybrush, now it's time to paint lechuck and use it as a background

guybrushpained.jpg
  • edited November 2009
    PyriteParrot.jpg

Not much to say about this one. I needed to mess around with some of the OpenCanvas tools and I also needed to draw that Pyrite Parrot at some point, so there you go. Though I did make this into a wallpaper since I needed a blue MI-related desktop to go with my room, so here's more stuff:

Same image, but at exact size without the border.

.PNG file - Without any background or text and just the sole image within transparency. This is what I used for the wallpapers so if anyone wants to yank it for whatever reason like icons or website graphics, go on ahead. (Since this is fanart you also don't have to credit me as long as you don't flat out give credit to someone else when asked who made it. Make sure to credit Telltale for the characters though!!)

Wallpaper Versions:

1280 x 1024
    1680 x 1050
    1920 x 1080
  • edited November 2009
    PecanBlue wrote: »
    PyriteParrot.jpg

Not much to say about this one. I needed to mess around with some of the OpenCanvas tools and I also needed to draw that Pyrite Parrot at some point, so there you go. Though I did make this into a wallpaper since I needed a blue MI-related desktop to go with my room, so here's more stuff:

Same image, but at exact size without the border.

.PNG file - Without any background or text and just the sole image within transparency. This is what I used for the wallpapers so if anyone wants to yank it for whatever reason like icons or website graphics, go on ahead. (Since this is fanart you also don't have to credit me as long as you don't flat out give credit to someone else when asked who made it. Make sure to credit Telltale for the characters though!!)

Wallpaper Versions:

1280 x 1024
    1680 x 1050
    1920 x 1080

it's FANTASTIC
Sign in to comment in this discussion.