The Legendary Monkey Island FanArt

Comments

• edited November 2009
    Kroms wrote: »
    I did NOT draw this, though I've been itching to do something similar.

c065afd0620c48d61b074b909ed83e41.jpg

Wow, now I want to do one of my highly detailed drawings. :) I do plenty of garbage but when it comes to female portraits I labor for hours. I think I've been inspired.
  • edited November 2009

Nice cans.

[/predictable]
  • edited November 2009
    Well, this is not exactly Monkey Island, but it's based on the illustration made by Steve Purcell which we all know and love, so I decided to put it here. Please, never give a voodoo doll to Max! This is my second entry for the Halloween contest by the way.

voodoounderthemoon.jpg
  • edited November 2009

Very very cute.
  • edited November 2009
    yoshiwam wrote: »
    ah noes! total failure at TTG Halloween contest xD
    all that hard labour for nothing D':
    lol, haha! still glad sexy lechuck won <3 that one rocked my socks!
    anyway, here's my entry, I'll have to put it -somewhere- neh? :p
    HalloweenTTG-4.png
    This... is... SO... awesome! :eek:
    I mean... WOW! Just WOW!
  • edited November 2009
    Seriously. Every time I check this thread, there seems to be some new awesomeness awaiting.

Pilouuuu, love the Sam and Max pic! Come to think of it, it's not just the voodoo dolls Max should be kept away from. I can imagine him sticking those pins into anything! (or anyone) :)
  • edited November 2009
    Scrawffler wrote: »
    Seriously. Every time I check this thread, there seems to be some new awesomeness awaiting.

Pilouuuu, love the Sam and Max pic! Come to think of it, it's not just the voodoo dolls Max should be kept away from. I can imagine him sticking those pins into anything! (or anyone) :)

You're right, Scrawffler. But Max isn't really that bad. He just wanted to have some fun, I don't think he intended to do poor Sam (too much) harm.

I hope we get a Sam and Max small cameo in Chapter 5, like in the previous MI games.
  • edited November 2009
    ladyvoodoo-1e4b7f9d46.jpg
    A strange new Voodoo Lady Style...
  • edited November 2009
    8 december 2009 last chapter.... yarrr!!!
  • edited November 2009
    guimero64 wrote: »
    (huge image removed)
    A strange new Voodoo Lady Style...

If she appeared in Strong Bad, she'd look like this :p
  • edited November 2009
    alright, still work in progress i have to finish the inking, i think i will e adding a bit more background and finally color it

morganleflay.jpg
  • edited November 2009
    You've been using drawing tuts, or books, haven't you? Nah, you said you have to do inking, which means you probably are suggesting we assume that you know something about art and the technique, because you're taking a common ground with us that goes beyond general knowledge. I guess you just learned how to draw the technical and smart way. I think it would be awesome in color, night scene, with angry zombie pirates in the back ground with swords.
  • edited November 2009
    OK, I decided to upload this in a smaller size for your viewing confort. :-)

voodoounderthemoons.jpg
  • edited November 2009
    doodo! wrote: »
    You've been using drawing tuts, or books, haven't you? Nah, you said you have to do inking, which means you probably are suggesting we assume that you know something about art and the technique, because you're taking a common ground with us that goes beyond general knowledge. I guess you just learned how to draw the technical and smart way. I think it would be awesome in color, night scene, with angry zombie pirates in the back ground with swords.

Hi, i am confused, wait, what?
    Anyway thanks :) i will e using a dark brown backgrund...i still need to work on some details, i did this today and i still havent finish it :p
    is it that bad?
    cheers
  • edited November 2009
    Saken wrote: »
    Hi, i am confused, wait, what?
    Anyway thanks :) i will e using a dark brown backgrund...i still need to work on some details, i did this today and i still havent finish it :p
    is it that bad?
    cheers

It looks like you learned to draw from figure outlines, ya know, the book way of doing it. A skeleton underneath, wire frame figure drawings. Following the rules of cannon, super hero comic book type drawings from books that tut type of deal.

LOL, it's ok to be confused, I have bad grammar. Dark Brown wouldn't be my first choice but it's your art work, I already gave my idea, haha.

A night scene, with a moon, clouds, and angry zombie pirates creeping up on her. (In case that was the part that was unclear)

How is your perspective drawings? I bet their good.:)

There's a few different ways to draw the human figure you seem to do it the wire frame way.
  • edited November 2009
    It looks like you learned to draw from figure outlines, ya know, the book way of doing it. A skeleton underneath, wire frame figure drawings. Following the rules of cannon, super hero comic book type drawings from books that tut type of deal.

LOL, it's ok to be confused, I have bad grammar. Dark Brown wouldn't be my first choice but it's your art work, I already gave my idea, haha.

A night scene, with a moon, clouds, and angry zombie pirates creeping up on her. (In case that was the part that was unclear)

How is your perspective drawings? I bet their good.:)

There's a few different ways to draw the human figure you seem to do it the wire frame way.

skeleton.jpg

Sort of like this ^

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

yeah! i learned it using Tech books , but i have been drawing since 1999, i am using guidelines mostly to figure out what's going to lie , where and it's propotions, i draw a quick skeleton and then start drawing whatever i want on top of it.
    I have older pictures that helps me ilustrate that but i dont think this is the right spot to show them :p

Thanks for your complements :) i am not sure about the zombie pirates, that is a good idea if i ever get to do that i would have to use a seperate layer and then add both of them in the same picture :)
  • edited November 2009
    ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

yeah! i learned it using Tech books , but i have been drawing since 1999, i am using guidelines mostly to figure out what's going to lie , where and it's propotions, i draw a quick skeleton and then start drawing whatever i want on top of it.
    I have older pictures that helps me ilustrate that but i dont think this is the right spot to show them :p

Thanks for your complements :) i am not sure about the zombie pirates, that is a good idea if i ever get to do that i would have to use a seperate layer and then add both of them in the same picture :)

NP, you did it very well, too. I was just wondering. Awesome drawing, I should use a drawing skeleton because my anatomy is horrible.

11_hour_model_study_by_briankory.jpg

I did this pixel by pixel, on a good vector copy you'd see that it's made up of individual pixels that were all placed to create the image, no real solids are in the image, perhaps a few, lol but the majority was done pixel by pixel. The point is that the anatomy is AWFUL. It started off as a drawing, from scratch but the reference photo can easily be found on line.
  • edited November 2009
    NP, you did it very well, too. I was just wondering. Awesome drawing, I should use a drawing skeleton because my anatomy is horrible.

Once you get the propotions rights the anatomy is easy :) it's all about the propotions :p
    i havent drew anything since 3 years ago +/- so this is my first drawing in a long time, i am planing to do a guybrush with a little bit of prespective after i finish this one
  • edited November 2009
    Once you get the propotions rights the anatomy is easy :) it's all about the propotions :p
    i havent drew anything since 3 years ago +/- so this is my first drawing in a long time, i am planing to do a guybrush with a little bit of prespective after i finish this one

You do great anatomy, and I'll take your advice, thank you. It's been a long while since I had a copy of photo shop to make anything but if I had it I'd be spitting out 11 hour pixel drawings and trying to fix the anatomy issues I have.

I'd love to see your Guybrush, you're Morgan almost has an anime look to it, but not quite.
  • edited November 2009
    You do great anatomy, and I'll take your advice, thank you. It's been a long while since I had a copy of photo shop to make anything but if I had it I'd be spitting out 11 hour pixel drawings and trying to fix the anatomy issues I have.

I'd love to see your Guybrush, you're Morgan almost has an anime look to it, but not quite.

yeah i was trying to base it with an anime style but since i am an animator and not a cartoonist my style is an Warner Brothers Style so it's hard for me to draw manga :p
    Edit: i just saw your pixel art, i love pixel art, i used to do it in an Amiga computer all the time :) it's time consuming and you are definetly very talented :) keep up the good work
  • edited November 2009
    yeah i was trying to base it with an anime style but since i am an animator and not a cartoonist my style is an Warner Brothers Style so it's hard for me to draw manga :p
    Edit: i just saw your pixel art, i love pixel art, i used to do it in an Amiga computer all the time :) it's time consuming and you are definetly very talented :) keep up the good work

I think you got a beautiful balance of both. Your drawings, from what I see, have a lot of movement and life of their own. Definitely great work. Love to see more. :)

I'm going to go eat something.
  • edited November 2009
    I'm going to go eat something.

Me too!!!
  • edited November 2009
    guimero64 wrote: »
    Me too!!!

I suppose, that we all eat something, some time. Profound, yes? Yes,I do say so...
    :p
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2009
    11_hour_model_study_by_briankory.jpg

[ ... ] It started off as a drawing, from scratch but the reference photo can easily be found on line.

Is this the reference photo?

gollum2.jpg
  • edited November 2009
    Yeah that art scares me....
  • edited November 2009
    that's what nightmares are made of
  • edited November 2009
    Saken, I like your picture of Morgan. I can't wait to see the finished picture! ;)
  • edited November 2009
    Wonder why everyone's doing Morgan pictures... I'm working on one as well.
  • edited November 2009
    Because Morgan is awesome.
    Still, I think we need more Winslow art.
  • edited November 2009
    Maxilyah wrote: »
    Because Morgan is awesome.
    Still, I think we need more Winslow art.

Winslow art ftw! :D

That pixel drawing of Doodo!'s should be in the Disturbed Thread because she does look too much like Gollum but at least it shows he can do real art, as opposed to stick already-done images together for a fantasy cast lineup for a pipedream film. Those rocks and the water show promise, and his girl *shudders* looks like a real person, but surely not as hot as he intended. :p

Dammit I wish I could draw/paint/anything! :( I have as much talent for art in my whole body as a 5yo has in their left foot.
  • edited November 2009
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    Is this the reference photo?

gollum2.jpg

Yeah, I know, she's annerisic and a few other things.
  • edited November 2009
    haha
  • edited November 2009
    tbm1986 wrote: »
    Dammit I wish I could draw/paint/anything! :( I have as much talent for art in my whole body as a 5yo has in their left foot.

Yeah, I'm betting you could still do better than me. Maybe we should start a crap fan art thread and have a contest for whose best attempt sucks the worst...

The one thing I can do, though, is sprite.
  • edited November 2009
    I would contribute to a crappy fan art thread....

Also Deviantart watch added guruguru.
  • edited November 2009
    Yeah, I'm betting you could still do better than me. Maybe we should start a crap fan art thread and have a contest for whose best attempt sucks the worst...

The one thing I can do, though, is sprite.

Still better than me. My family still take a while to get my Pictionary doodles...
  • edited November 2009
    Irishmile wrote: »
    I would contribute to a crappy fan art thread....

Also Deviantart watch added guruguru.

Nope, I've seen your art, it's not nearly crappy enough for a crappy fan art thread (well, maybe that one Morgan one...). You'd make all of us look even worse than we make ourselves look. And by "us" I mean "those who sin against paper every time they pick up a pencil."

And thanks for the watch. Right back at ya. :D
  • edited November 2009
    Some of my early stuff is pretty crappy.... I do not have a lot of it left thought because a lot of it died when my last PC committed suicide.
  • edited November 2009
    Maxilyah wrote: »
    Saken, I like your picture of Morgan. I can't wait to see the finished picture! ;)

thank you :) i wont touch it untill sunday, so probably monday i would have it inked and then thuesday i would have it colored :)
  • edited November 2009
    plo-9e80479f97.jpg
    As everyone knows it was Armato's birthday recently
    Wish him a happy birthday here
  • edited November 2009
    Marty wrote: »
    that's what nightmares are made of

At least there's an edge of realism to nightmares. :p

It was really a color study, being pixel by pixel, I think it's pretty cool. But obviously I do, I made it 1-2 years ago.

It's horrific because of the drawing underneath.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.