The Legendary Monkey Island FanArt

Comments

• edited November 2009
    rugby wrote: »
    PS - I just realized I drew the hook on the wrong hand. :/

Just do a horizontal flip on it ;)
  • edited November 2009
    One of my OCs as a pirate. I was bored that day.
    picture.php?albumid=298&pictureid=1933
  • edited November 2009
    PecanBlue wrote: »
    Man, I was about to go on a massive fanart streak in celebration of the upcoming last episode, but I got distracted into designing this little thing and went overboard. >:| At least I got some Guybrush and Elaine practice in for next time, though.

This is Maya Threepwood, Adorable Little Pirate™, the hypothetical child of Guybrush and Elaine. Her idea was born from this chat log which CONTAINS A SPOILER TO EPISODE 4 and has also been censored slightly for your convenience.

GuybrushMaya.jpg

MayaPreview1.jpg
    Concept Art

MayaPreview2.jpg
    Collection of Concept Sketches (WARNING: even though I scaled this down a big amount, it is still a pretty huge image)

Also, a cookie to whoever recognizes the small cameo above.

That's a great
    piece of art!!!
  • edited November 2009
    The idea of Elaine and Guybrush having a child all of a sudden doesn't seem so bad : )
  • edited November 2009
    guimero64 wrote: »
    That's a great
    piece of art!!!

That's cute! I like the idea of they having a child, especially if he/she is not clumsy as Guybrush and very heroic like this one looks like. I think of a relationship of the kid always being smarter than Guybrush, but being very fond of daddy and having a deep respect for him. Something like Homer and Lisa really!
  • edited November 2009
    I only lurk around these parts, but I thought I'd contribute to this thread.

Look_behind_you_by_n8dawg.jpg
    http://n8dawg.deviantart.com/art/Look-behind-you-94074412
    Obviously based on his Curse design, but I want to eventually draw the current Guybrush.
  • edited November 2009
    @Natto: Very unusual to see CMI Guybrush drawn without comic-style outlines, but very well done! ;)
  • edited November 2009
    Please feel free to contribute on a regular basis I love what you did with ol Guybrush.
  • edited November 2009
    Irishmile wrote: »
    Please feel free to contribute on a regular basis I love what you did with ol Guybrush.

http://irishmile.deviantart.com/art/Jaina-Solo-65313854

This is one of the most beautiful fan creations, I've ever seen! You've totally inspired me and I deeply wish I had a copy of PS laying around. BEAUTIFUL! GENIUS, you might just be a genius. I don't doubt it.
  • edited November 2009
    LOL thanks...... that is an old one.
  • edited November 2009
    great :)
  • edited November 2009
    Xposted because this took me a while to paint up

Galbrush_Threepwood_by_Irishmile.jpg
  • edited November 2009
    That's just awesome.
  • edited November 2009
    Haha, the feminine top is a nice touch.

Here are some quick and puny sketches of Elaine and Morgan done as practice for a bigger image.

The last one is cut up because I have to scan at school, and I scan so much stuff a day that I just dump it into my flash drive after seeing the preview and polish the scans a bit at home. In the preview it looked fine, but when I got home apparently it was cut. >:| Oh well, it's not like you're missing anything.

Elainesketch.jpg

Morgansketch.jpg

Morgansketch2.jpg
  • edited November 2009
    Wow, those are really good.
  • edited November 2009
    Awesome stuff I love it PecanBlue
  • edited November 2009
    So I think it's well established that there are quite a few awesome artists in this thread. :D In light of that, I'd like some critique on this picture that I'm doing to show that I draw more than just genderbenders and dream sequences that cause eye-bleeding.

imonlysleepingwip.jpg

I'm still trying to draw it out before I ink and color it. Guybrush's arm looks REALLY wonky for some reason, and I've spent an hour-and-a-half to fix it. Can anyone point out what I'm doing wrong? D:

EDIT: It's Guybrush and Elaine, in case you can't tell.
  • edited November 2009
    perspective...
  • edited November 2009
    So I think it's well established that there are quite a few awesome artists in this thread. :D In light of that, I'd like some critique on this picture that I'm doing to show that I draw more than just genderbenders and dream sequences that cause eye-bleeding.

OH GOD, MY EYES ARE SCREAMING...with delight, of course. It looks great.

...wha? :D
  • edited November 2009
    I don't know who made this one but it's f ing good. It's as an attachment here.
    If know source, please do tell :D
  • edited November 2009
    Guybrush's arm looks REALLY wonky for some reason, and I've spent an hour-and-a-half to fix it. Can anyone point out what I'm doing wrong? D:

Yeah the perspective can be more interesting, maybe if the upper arm overlaps the other part
    good luck :)
  • edited November 2009
    vitas wrote: »
    I don't know who made this one but it's f ing good. It's as an attachment here.
    If know source, please do tell :D

That's Irishmile's work. He posted it in the Guybrush Fandango and Disturbing Pictures threads. And yes, it is damn good.
  • edited November 2009
    Junaid wrote: »
    Yeah the perspective can be more interesting, maybe if the upper arm overlaps the other part
    good luck :)

That's right!!!
  • edited November 2009
    That's Irishmile's work. He posted it in the Guybrush Fandango and Disturbing Pictures threads. And yes, it is damn good.

Oh okay. Well great work to Irishmile. Just that people on 4 chan have found them and now spreading them.

Another one I found wonder if it's Irish's.

It's here in THIS attachment. Warning: Prepare to print this one to poster size and hang it up :D
  • edited November 2009
    Yeah, I forget who posted that here, but they also found it somewhere out on the internet. I don't believe the original artist is among us.
  • edited November 2009
    @PecanBlue: Awesome sketches! :) Can't wait to see more artwork from you!

@DoctorCello: Aww, that's a great sketch! :) Yeah, I guess there might be something a little off about the proportions of Guybrush's arm, but... honestly, I don't think I could do it any better.
  • edited November 2009
    LOL you know you've made it when you have been on Chan
  • edited November 2009

imonlysleepingwip.jpg

I'm still trying to draw it out before I ink and color it. Guybrush's arm looks REALLY wonky for some reason, and I've spent an hour-and-a-half to fix it. Can anyone point out what I'm doing wrong? D:

EDIT: It's Guybrush and Elaine, in case you can't tell.

This is a really cute image!

If you need help with it, the first thing I would suggest is to work much bigger. It really helps to be able to see the most detail as possible. (unless of course you were working big and scaled this down for us)

Right away, there's actually not much wrong with the perspective. Maybe if you establish where the base of the bed is, it would help, but otherwise it's fine. It's not so much his arm that's the problem but more his actual hand, where is it resting? It kind of seems like it's up in the air, thus there being no support for the forearm. If it were me, I really wouldn't have it try to touch her back or shoulder. Because he's stretching his arm so much, it would seem uncomfortable, and you seem to be going for a relaxed kind of picture. So what I would do is maybe have it touch under her chin, like so:

Celloexample1.jpg

However, if you really want them to hug in this picture, I strongly suggest bringing up Elaine so that the top of her head is somewhere under his head. Something like this:

celloexample2.jpg

Because of their height difference this makes it much easier for a snuggling pose.

Anyway, hope that helps! I had to make it quick cause I got to get to work.
  • edited November 2009
    hmmm-20d4769050.jpg

I also posted it here
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2009
    So I think it's well established that there are quite a few awesome artists in this thread. :D In light of that, I'd like some critique on this picture that I'm doing [ ... ]
    [ ... ]Anyway, hope that helps!

That's a sweet image, DoctorCello (I approve of your sig too btw). Having the artistic ability of a mushroom myself, it's quite fascinating to see PecanBlue's suggestions and reasoning. How cool to take the time to do that for a stranger.

I really like this forum, and you guys pretty much embody why. People can be so lovely. :)
  • edited November 2009
    Haha, the feminine top is a nice touch.

Here are some quick and puny sketches of Elaine and Morgan done as practice for a bigger image.

The last one is cut up because I have to scan at school, and I scan so much stuff a day that I just dump it into my flash drive after seeing the preview and polish the scans a bit at home. In the preview it looked fine, but when I got home apparently it was cut. >:| Oh well, it's not like you're missing anything.

Elainesketch.jpg

Morgansketch.jpg

Morgansketch2.jpg

Very impressive! I like the movement and expression of the characters.
  • edited November 2009
    Can we please get Morgan, Elaine or Bosun (without the pox) in some sort of position wearing lingere in some way pleeeeeeeease lol? :D
  • edited November 2009
    vitas wrote: »
    Can we please get Morgan, Elaine or Bosun (without the pox) in some sort of position wearing lingere in some way pleeeeeeeease lol? :D

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13371&page=15

Already in this thread somewhere...but watch your eyes in that thread...:(
  • edited November 2009
    upperchuck wrote: »
    http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13371&page=15

Already in this thread somewhere...but watch your eyes in that thread...:(

Well I mean also not in sketch form but also with color. Just flirting with Bosun in episode 4, wished it really got somewhere else lol
  • edited November 2009
    I thought about making Krebbs unpoxed in that "other" thread.... but come on its funnier with the pox....
  • edited November 2009
    It's not anything great, but i've just done it at my "PhotoShop for Dummies" classes
    sinttulo1yq.jpg
  • edited November 2009
    I got bored in Art class today. And Advisory. And a little bit of English class, too. So, more Morgan art.
    picture.php?albumid=298&pictureid=1943

Pfft, I need to work on expression and stuff, but I'll have to get used to drawing Morgan first.
  • edited November 2009
    really great... continue, you are improving!!!
  • edited November 2009
    Dont know if any of you use FarmVille on facebook (I had a very boring summer!) but I made a Guybrush out of hay :) The colours you can use are quite limited but it was fun. Might do him from MI1 next.
    katiesguybrush.jpg
  • edited November 2009
    piratekate wrote: »
    Dont know if any of you use FarmVille on facebook (I had a very boring summer!) but I made a Guybrush out of hay :) The colours you can use are quite limited but it was fun. Might do him from MI1 next.
    katiesguybrush.jpg

great i too play farmville
    :)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.