The Legendary Monkey Island FanArt

Comments

• edited October 2009
    monkeyisland-9f2f49c368.jpg

The final work of guybrush pointing monkey island.
  • edited October 2009
    This has made me re-evaluate whether or not Guybrush looks best with blonde or brown hair. It's just like the ongoing debate about Link's hair color in Zelda. Good work.

I consider Guybrush to have dark blonde hair. And people (like me) that have hair with that colour know that it may seem darker depending of ilumination. And this scene is really dark. I can't believe we are discussing about Guybrush hair. We must be real fans! lol

But back to topic, I really like this illustration! How much time did it take to make it?
  • edited October 2009
    Yeah Dominus di a great job!!!
  • edited October 2009
    dudu duuu duduuu dú - duu ~
    It's the mario brothers xD
    hahahah! I hope monkey island fans can appreciate a little mustache :')
    mario.jpg
  • edited October 2009
    No way!! Luigi is Guybrush! I’m a Luigi-Fan! Awesome, really awesome!
  • edited October 2009
    Toad is Stan?! I KNEW IT!!
  • edited October 2009
    If Guybrush is Luigi and Elaine is not blonde, I assume Elaine is Daisy and not Peach, right?
  • edited October 2009
    Majus wrote:

Yaa, Luigi is my favorite too!! ^___^ He's totally underrated and overshadowed by his big bro... I totally like his character more then mario's :3 he also delivers more serious damage in the smash bros series!! :D
    <3!
  • edited October 2009
    If Guybrush is Luigi and Elaine is not blonde, I assume Elaine is Daisy and not Peach, right?

Nooo, it's Peach :3
    Just because Mario has a green skintone doesn't make him koopa, now does it xD
  • edited October 2009
    yeah cuz' Lechuck is Mario and elaine can't be in love with him
  • edited October 2009
    Xcopy.jpg

My entry

was wondering if the sam and max reference is too subtle or too blunt :)
  • edited October 2009
    guimero64 wrote: »
    yeah cuz' Lechuck is Mario and elaine can't be in love with him

I was talking about Elaine being daisy...:o
  • edited October 2009
    There's no love romance involved in any Mario game to begin with x3
    just a smooch-on-the-cheek every time you save the princess
  • edited October 2009
    ah... good
  • edited October 2009
    presidentmax, very cool entry, I especially like the coloring.
    Of course Murray has to wear Max-ears… makes him double-evil!
  • edited October 2009
    Dominus wrote: »
    thanks!

here's the final piece :)

2u4r98k.jpg

that's so good, if you add the monkey island logo on it, it could be a cover for a game.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2009
    Mataku wrote: »
    that's so good, if you add the monkey island logo on it, it could be a cover for a game.

I think it's exactly how a Disney movie of MI would look.
  • edited October 2009
    Specially Guybrush's face, I find it very Aladdin-like.
    EDIT: Wait, someone said earlier than the brackground LeChuck reminded him to Aladdin's Evil Genius. The circle is complete!
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2009
    Specially Guybrush's face, I find it very Aladdin-like.

Totally agree :)
    EDIT: Wait, someone said earlier than the brackground LeChuck reminded him to Aladdin's Evil Genius. The circle is complete!

Haha, that was me too about the evil genie :o
  • edited October 2009
    It would be Kids of Monkey Island because they look about 12yo. That aside, that's a brilliant piece of artwork! :)
  • edited October 2009
    They were kids in the first game so there you go.
  • edited October 2009
    tbm1986 wrote: »
    I agree. It needs to be someone like Brian Blessed.

I thought Geoffrey Rush already played Lechuck. Or was it Bill Nighy?
  • edited October 2009
    Exterior: A young man leans against the rail of a tall ship, staring intently at something in the far distance. Cut behind him, placing him in the middle distance of the shot, revealing a hilly, tropical island over the ship's rail.
    An older man's voice calls from offscreen, "Careful lad! You lean any further over that railing and you'll find yourself on the other side of it."
    The young man turns around and smiles, "I'm just excited; I've never been to Melee Islandtm before."
    "You watch yourself on Meleetm, lad. The pirates there would just as soon slit your throat as look at you."
    "I know." Cut back to close-up of young man's face. Internal monologue, "My name is Guybrush Threepwood, and I'm going to become a Mighty Pirate, just like my Grandpa, Captain Clarence 'Scruffybeard' Threepwood. My Grandfather always told me, a real pirate doesn't need a patch over his eye or a peg leg under his knee to prove himself; all he needs is a love of adventure in his heart, and the strength to stand up for what he believes in!"
    Cut to montage of exciting scenes from the show, we'll pick these out later, but make sure to include at least one of Guybrush calling out to Elaine, "Elaine!", one of Elaine calling out to Guybrush, "Guybrush!", one of LeChuck chuckling evily and then saying, "This is the end for you, Guybrush Threepwood!" and a comedic scene of Elaine's father, Governor Robert Marley.
    Finish it up with the Title Card and the voice over guy intoning:
    Kids of Monkey Island - Coming to ABC this fall!
  • edited October 2009
    @Lena_P: Umm...ok. You've put a lot of thought into this, haven't you? :p
  • edited October 2009
    Whoever did the Mario merge: very good, I love it! But you could have used Murray as a Goomba!

Orrr...
    The Voodoo Lady as Koopa!
    :D
  • edited October 2009
    amazing art guys, I want more.
  • edited October 2009
    Whoever did the Mario merge: very good, I love it! But you could have used Murray as a Goomba!

Orrr...
    The Voodoo Lady as Koopa!
    :D

well if you didnt notice: murray is there he is the head of the Dryboon
  • edited October 2009
    Rebirth wrote: »
    well if you didnt notice: murray is there he is the head of the Dryboon

Correct, I didn't notice. I always wondered what those turtle things were called.
  • edited October 2009
    *smug* it's Dry Bones actually :D

Edit: and thanks for the comment tbm1986 ^ o ^
  • edited October 2009
    Majus wrote: »

My favourite is Waluigi!! He is probably the least known :/... but sooo awesome!! :D
  • edited October 2009
    @Lena_P: Umm...ok. You've put a lot of thought into this, haven't you? :p

Stringing cliches together is actually not as hard as you think. (Wait, you did realize that was a joke suggestion for a kids' cartoon, right? Nobody thinks that's my idea of a good show, do they?:()
  • edited October 2009
    not really active here...
    it's because of guybrush d_a_h?
  • LupLup
    edited October 2009
    after the many events of death in the latest chapter i made this. Its the hill with the windmill on Blood Island. hope you'll like it!

migrave3.jpg

;P
  • edited October 2009
    that's cute...
  • LupLup
    edited October 2009
    thank you! but whose grave should it be though?
  • edited October 2009
    it's the grave of Morgan?
  • LupLup
    edited October 2009
    yeah i was thinking about adding a sad silhouette of Guybrush somewhere in the painting ... maybe sitting on the balcony thingy. I wonder whats going to happen in the next part. of course i hope guybrush AND morgan will be back.
  • edited October 2009
    Spoiler tags people! S P O L I E R T A G S!!!

sorry, just... yeah.
  • edited October 2009
    Lup wrote: »
    after the many events of death in the latest chapter i made this. Its the hill with the windmill on Blood Island. hope you'll like it!

migrave3.jpg

the only thing that bothers me is the shadow for the tombstone is going left, and the shadow for the windmill is going right.
  • edited October 2009
    I am guessing they did that because the moon is between the two.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.