The Legendary Monkey Island FanArt

Comments

• edited October 2009
    Most fan videos suck. This spoiler-filled one, however, does not, and shows what an epic journey this wonderful game has been.

Thanks to whoever did that.
  • edited October 2009
    wow
  • edited October 2009
    Mataku wrote: »
    the only thing that bothers me is the shadow for the tombstone is going left, and the shadow for the windmill is going right.

zomg it's liek the moon-landings! :)
  • LupLup
    edited October 2009
    Irishmile wrote: »
    I am guessing they did that because the moon is between the two.

yap that is why the tombstone shadow goes to the left but when i think about it both shadows of stone and mill should go in the same direction because of the distance to the light... ill try to fix it :x
  • edited October 2009
    Kroms wrote: »
    Most fan videos suck. This spoiler-filled one, however, does not, and shows what an epic journey this wonderful game has been.

Thanks to whoever did that.

..... No Escape clips? Geez, Escape is a fun game. It's just bad compared to the other games. >_< I really wish people will stop complaining and wake up to reality realizing that it's still a Monkey island game. I still enjoy all the jokes and some of the puzzles in it.... Love the lava ride one at least.
  • edited October 2009
    Miaharpy wrote: »
    ..... No Escape clips? Geez, Escape is a fun game. It's just bad compared to the other games. >_< I really wish people will stop complaining and wake up to reality realizing that it's still a Monkey island game. I still enjoy all the jokes and some of the puzzles in it.... Love the lava ride one at least.

There's something about that in the comment thread. YouTube isn't working, so I can not tell you what it was, but look it up.

I like Escape. It's not the best game ever made but it's a solid, fun adventure game. It's just unfortunate that it was so over-written at times, with a patchy art-style and elements like a robot monkey.k
  • edited October 2009
    Miaharpy wrote: »
    ..... No Escape clips? Geez, Escape is a fun game. It's just bad compared to the other games. >_< I really wish people will stop complaining and wake up to reality realizing that it's still a Monkey island game.

Maybe it's the fact that Escape looks like rusty ass these days. 10 year-old polygons are not pretty.

Notice how CMi thirteen year-old 2D hasn't suffered as badly.
  • edited October 2009
    Hi ! I'm the "Tomi Epic Trailer" author.

I know that many of you like EMI, but I don't like it so much. Ok, it can't be said that it is a bad adventure game, but the WHOLE Mi1-Mi2-Mi3-TOMI series gave me great in-game emotions. EMI did'nt.
    I know that other fans has different opinions, but this is my feeling :D

Then, as Fronzel said, the graphics today does'nt look so good, and so you understand why I did'nt put any EMI video into it :)
    But at the end, as I say on youtube, this was'nt supposed to be a whole MI saga tribute with video from ALL previous chapters. It's just a Tales of Monkey Island trailer with some little "evil destroyed" video from Mi1Se and Mi3 :D
    In fact, if you see, there is no clip from LeChuck's Revenge too. And LeChuck's revenge is my favourite MI chapter :D

However thanks a lot for appreciating the trailer. Really !
  • edited November 2009
    This IS kinda double-posting and double-linking, but since my thread is going down so quickly, I decided to post a copy of my thread post here, just in case... I mean, this thread NEVER goes down :)
    Linky-linky.

I'll kinda quote myself from youtube page.

"So, I was so impressed by ToMI Chapter 4 that I decided to make a ToMI fan-trailer of sort. Took me one evening to make (well, a bit more, considering I had to replay Chapter 1 and 2 to get some neat moments). Music is from Pirates of the Caribbean trailers, the first one is X-Ray Dog's Voices of War, and the second one is "that Hans Zimmer's music from PotC trailer", I really don't know if it has any name. Hope you enjoy the video. If anyone would like a downloadable high-def version of this vid, I would be happy to upload it."
  • edited November 2009
    Farlander wrote: »
    This IS kinda double-posting and double-linking, but since my thread is going down so quickly, I decided to post a copy of my thread post here, just in case... I mean, this thread NEVER goes down :)

Holy shit. That was amazing.

Huh, I've seen three fan videos so far and they've all been great. Talented editors on these here forums.
  • edited November 2009

Actually I usually don't like fan-trailers but that one was very well done
  • edited November 2009

Veeeery beautiful !
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2009
    Farlander - GREAT choice of music, excellent pacing!
  • edited November 2009
    My favourite part of "Trials and execution of Guybrush Threepwood". I drew this at around 1am after finishing the game. Yes I know there weren't actually stars in the backgound, but I love drawing them. ^_^

T_O_M_I___My_favourite_part_by_Shmivv.jpg

There's more fanart on my deviantart page: http://shmivv.deviantart.com

:)
  • edited November 2009
    faved :D I have seen you on there before.
  • edited November 2009
    Nice picture Shmivv! Not my favourite scene (the one I liked the least maybe) but I did like the brief closeness the pair had.
  • LupLup
    edited November 2009
    great work shmivv! one of the most emotional scenes of the game...

well and here sth less sad :3 hopfully even more SCARY!
    its our friend murray in his halloween costume! ;>
    (also my halloween contest entry)

halloweenmurray3.jpg
  • edited November 2009
    Lup wrote: »
    great work shmivv! one of the most emotional scenes of the game...

well and here sth less sad :3 hopfully even more SCARY!
    its our friend murray in his halloween costume! ;>
    (also my halloween contest entry)

halloweenmurray3.jpg

Very clever, I wonder why this wasn't among the finalists.
  • edited November 2009
    shmivv wrote: »
    My favourite part of "Trials and execution of Guybrush Threepwood". I drew this at around 1am after finishing the game. Yes I know there weren't actually stars in the backgound, but I love drawing them. ^_^

T_O_M_I___My_favourite_part_by_Shmivv.jpg

There's more fanart on my deviantart page: http://shmivv.deviantart.com

:)

Stars make poetic this EPIC Scene.
    Very Good Job, i love this pic ;)
  • LupLup
    edited November 2009
    Very clever, I wonder why this wasn't among the finalists.

i think i sent it in too late :/
  • edited November 2009
    I just played the chapter 4 a second time... It gave me
    the same effect
    like the first time i played it...
    GuyBbrRRrruUhUUuuhHHhuUshhHHH!!!
  • edited November 2009
    I Can't draw and use color, but i'd fun to draw this

lechuckclenupcopy.jpg
  • edited November 2009
    Not sure if this counts, but whateve'. I was sick of piping the regular phrases.
    pipepractice001.jpg

Kinda lousy, but I got better.
  • edited November 2009
    lechuck-d5b6d1a796.jpg

BwahAahAHaahAAhhaaHAHAHahahaAAhharg!!!
  • edited November 2009
    uncolored sketch:
    Tension_by_rugbygurl.jpg

It's Guybrush wistfully thinking of Elaine while Morgan looks at him flirtatiously. I drew this right before the 4th chapter came out.

I haven't gotten around to finishing it yet, but I thought I'd share it anyway. :) If you want to take a stab at coloring it, be my guest. Just credit my deviantart page http://rugbygurl.deviantart.com :)

PS - I just realized I drew the hook on the wrong hand. :/
  • edited November 2009
    That is still pretty amazing. I guess Morgan's neck is a little too long, but other than that this is great. The expressions are a highlight :)
  • edited November 2009
    upperchuck wrote: »
    You don't give up, do you? You have an artistic temperament and a creative nature but you aren't studying enough methodology and the work of others close enough. You appear to have the software but you aren't using it like "professionals" , "experts" are using it. You need to learn to do things in a way that their expected, and in a form that is generally sought out by the general audience or groups of people before you can reveal your own personal views and go beyond said expectations and connect with people seeking something of a lesser extent of creativity out than you have created. You can't shock, impress, surprise anyone until you can learn the software and prove you can do better.

There are art museums with Rembrandt's that don't even get comments. You got to study your profession, art trade and develop certain skills of others that have already been appreciated by the consumer to alternatively appreciate your work and make it stand out, first...and before you do your own style and thing. Typically...

Most famous artists did in fact first study under a master and were artists of influence.

... That's a very mean comment to be leaving here for that poor person. I think that picture is perfectly fine the way it is. Very art-y.
    Why do you think we are all drawing here? To "shock, impress, surprise" people? No. We're doing it for fun. Otherwise we wouldn't be drawing FANART. We aren't professional artists, we are gamers. We won't all necessarily be aiming to improve our artwork to a professional level.
  • edited November 2009
    You never took college art courses? I'm not being mean? This person has way more potential that has progressed in my honest opinion. The person is very creative, artsy but the person is also not getting alot of comments.

There's alot of creative energy in this person and yes it has manifested into "art" but this person could do so much more as far as application and appreciation of his/her energy is concerned.

No, of course we haven't taken art in college. I'm actually studying to be an animator right now, in fact.
    When I first started putting my stuff on the internet, I only got one comment in my first year, and, like yours to Guimero, it was very negative. I almost swore off drawing ever again, so people being mean to budding artists gets on my nerves. If you want to give contructive criticism, which I guess you were trying to do, you have to tell people what they are doing RIGHT before you say what they are doing wrong. And besides, telling people their intentions behind the piece are wrong? That's just pushing your view of the world in my opinion.
  • edited November 2009
    No, of course we haven't taken art in college. I'm actually studying to be an animator right now, in fact.
    When I first started putting my stuff on the internet, I only got one comment in my first year, and, like yours to Guimero, it was very negative. I almost swore off drawing ever again, so people being mean to budding artists gets on my nerves. If you want to give contructive criticism, which I guess you were trying to do, you have to tell people what they are doing RIGHT before you say what they are doing wrong. And besides, telling people their intentions behind the piece are wrong? That's just pushing your view of the world in my opinion.

Yeah well, I've gotten similar comments and I still struggle. I guess I just take this stuff too seriously. I didn't get discouraged when I was slammed though, I got inspired and enraged and passionate with so much as " Maybe you should do something else with your life"...at the end of that semester I was told " It was very interesting to have you in class, you know, you learned a lot" I deeply moved the professor because I put in an insane amount of work hours and almost ended up in the hospital from over work.

I'm sorry if my love is cruel some times but what I see in this person is true potential but also a lack of discipline in his/her tools.

I apologize.

Oh, no, I did end up in the hospital...
  • edited November 2009
    Yeah well, I've gotten similar comments and I still struggle. I guess I just take this stuff too seriously. I didn't get discouraged when I was slammed though, I got inspired and enraged and passionate with so much as " Maybe you should do something else with your life"...at the end of that semester I was told " It was very interesting to have you in class, you know, you learned a lot" I deeply moved the professor because I put in an insane amount of work hours and almost ended up in the hospital from over work.

I'm sorry if my love is cruel some times but what I see in this person is true potential but also a lack of discipline in his/her tools.

I apologize.

Oh, no, I did end up in the hospital...

I understand that you have good intentions, but please consider that all people have different sensibilities and while a harsh comment may have motivated you when you started doing art, it may bring other people down. How many lost talents must there be due to unsupportive parents and teachers?

It's just my way of viewing thing, but good, positive comments always gets better results in my experience.

By the way I consider his creation to have a definitive expressionist quality to it. You wouldn't bash Picasso for not having more realistic paintings, would you?

But mostly I think the point of this site is to have fun making and posting your stuff and enjoying other people's work, more than an ego race. Why does everything needs to be competitive? Just enjoy the ride!
  • edited November 2009
    Hey guys, I'll be hosting a live stream of me working on some Morgan LeFlay fanart if you wanna head over and watch. There'll be no audio (I have strep so I can't talk much right now and I don't wanna bother you guys with my coughing). Here's the lineart for a sneak peek:

Morgan.jpg

The ustream address to go to is: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/petty-drawings
  • edited November 2009
    rugby wrote: »
    If you want to take a stab at coloring it, be my guest.

Hahahahaha! So
    punny! Stab!
    Ahh... Hehehehe.
  • edited November 2009
    rugby wrote: »
    uncolored sketch:
    Tension_by_rugbygurl.jpg

It's Guybrush wistfully thinking of Elaine while Morgan looks at him flirtatiously. I drew this right before the 4th chapter came out.

I haven't gotten around to finishing it yet, but I thought I'd share it anyway. :) If you want to take a stab at coloring it, be my guest. Just credit my deviantart page http://rugbygurl.deviantart.com :)

PS - I just realized I drew the hook on the wrong hand. :/

I wouldn't mind coloring it I really dig it... but not for a while too busy lately.

BTW I already had you on my watched list on Deviantart...
  • edited November 2009
    Just uploaded this one to DeviantArt, but be aware, that it MAY spoil the 4th chapter for you.
    http://dragonfangirl.deviantart.com/art/Resting-142529101
  • edited November 2009
    Morgan_LeFlay__Pirate_Hunter_by_pet.jpg

All done!

You can see the full-res version on my DA: http://pettyartist.deviantart.com/art/Morgan-LeFlay-Pirate-Hunter-142530639
  • edited November 2009
    Petty wrote: »
    Morgan_LeFlay__Pirate_Hunter_by_pet.jpg

All done!

You can see the full-res version on my DA: http://pettyartist.deviantart.com/art/Morgan-LeFlay-Pirate-Hunter-142530639

This is absolutely amazing.
  • edited November 2009
    Maxilyah wrote: »
    This is absolutely amazing.

• edited November 2009
    First time posting my MI fanart here. It was something I thought of when I saw this scene, also I was considering putting GT in his famous pink dress...

attachment.php?attachmentid=906&d=1257379898

*Edit*
    http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=906&d=1257379898 In case the picture doesn't show...hopefully this works.
  • edited November 2009
    I can't see it. Maybe try hosting it on a site, like Photobucket first.
  • edited November 2009
    Irishmile wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind coloring it I really dig it... but not for a while too busy lately.

BTW I already had you on my watched list on Deviantart...

Oh right, I just noticed the same username on dA. :) Thanks!
    Tpravetz wrote: »
    Hahahahaha! So
    punny! Stab!
    Ahh... Hehehehe.

...And I've got a little
    TIP
    for you. Get the
    POINT
    ? :D
    Kroms wrote: »
    That is still pretty amazing. I guess Morgan's neck is a little too long, but other than that this is great. The expressions are a highlight :)

Yes that did bother me after I darkened the lines but was too lazy to redo everything. Hehe. Thanks
Sign in to comment in this discussion.