The Legendary Monkey Island FanArt

Comments

• edited October 2009
    @Guimero64: That looks more like one of my exes (one I'd like to forget) than Morgan!
  • edited October 2009
    falskiss-f610964c2.jpg

Another one!!! Sorry for Elaine's fans...
  • edited October 2009
    No Guybrush!! Think of Elaine :eek:
  • edited October 2009
    Im not sure if Guybrush would know how to be unfaithful...
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited October 2009
    Yup, he's totally unaware of all those vibes. It' brilliant, he has only Elaine on his mind. :D
  • edited October 2009
    Unless Morgan gets her mitts on one of those Voodoo love bombs that Wall B. ordered in number 2.

Actually, I really wanna see that now. I can almost imagine him trying to toss a live bomb back and forth between a hand and hook.
  • edited October 2009
    Guybrush.jpg

Guybrush Threepwood, Awfully drawn pirate!

(In Macromedia Flash)
  • edited October 2009
    Just for fun, not suggesting they should have a child in the games or not... just wanted to make what could be their kid... Made in Tales style.

Marley_Threepwood_by_Irishmile.jpg
  • edited October 2009
    tbm1986 wrote: »
    @Guimero64: That looks more like one of my exes (one I'd like to forget) than Morgan!

Do all of my drawings look like your exes? :confused:
  • edited October 2009
    Irishmile wrote: »
    Just for fun, not suggesting they should have a child in the games or not... just wanted to make what could be their kid... Made in Tales style.

Really good!!!

lady-3a923af31.jpg

Voodoo Lady!!!
  • edited October 2009
    guimero64 wrote: »
    Do all of my drawings look like your exes? :confused:

Nope. I'm happy to say I've never been with anyone that even vaguely resembles your Voodoo Lady! :p
  • edited October 2009
    Takun wrote: »
    Unless Morgan gets her mitts on one of those Voodoo love bombs that Wall B. ordered in number 2.

Actually, I really wanna see that now. I can almost imagine him trying to toss a live bomb back and forth between a hand and hook.

I wanna see that too... pretty please Telltale?
  • edited October 2009
    that voodoo lady sure does have some angry eyes
  • edited October 2009

It would give that:
    lovebomb-5c50015f45.jpg
  • edited October 2009
    Someone made an AWESOME fan tribute image and shared it as a comment on Purcell's latest blog post.
  • edited October 2009
    yeah that is more than a little awesome... its stuff like that that makes me embarrassed about my own stuff... I wish I could paint like that.
  • edited October 2009
    Someone made an AWESOME fan tribute image and shared it as a comment on Purcell's latest blog post.

So.. whats the link?
  • edited October 2009
    personally i do not want to explore MI games from the point of view of guybrush's offspring. that kind of thing never works.
  • edited October 2009
    So.. whats the link?
    https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=32025621&postID=4776841126671739676&pli=1

I just thought this guy did some really awesome work. I made the art my desktop background, it's really, really nice.
  • edited October 2009
    https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=32025621&postID=4776841126671739676&pli=1

I just thought this guy did some really awesome work. I made the art my desktop background, it's really, really nice.
    bad. ass.
  • edited October 2009
    Omg that MI tribute artwork really blows me away :eek:
  • edited October 2009
    *gasp* *gulp* *choke*

holy monkey bladders

it's AWESOME
  • edited October 2009
    Hello all! First post here, so go easy on me!

I've loved the Monkey Island games since I was a little, itty bitty kid, but it's only recently that I feel I can do artwork that does my passion for the games any justice. So, I thought I'd share a little warm-up piece I did of good old Murray with you guys to get me (and maybe you lot!) into the Halloween-ey spirit. I'll be entering the festive contest for sure!

333l75e.png

Enjoy me' hearties!
  • edited October 2009

Very nice! :) I don't know if I could ever imagine Guybrush and Elaine having kids (as Guybrush already acts like a kid sometimes ;)), but it's always fun to think about what their offspring would look like.

There once was a brilliant fanfiction author called Tyraa Rane who wrote a story about Guybrush and Elaine having a daughter, she was called Armena, she had Guybrush's hair and Elaine's eyes. I was quite obsessed with that story, actually...

EDIT:
    @Marr: Ahoy, me hearty, and welcome aboard! ;) Wow, that's an awesome drawing of Murray you got there!
  • edited October 2009
    BeeKay84 wrote: »
    @Marr: Ahoy, me hearty, and welcome aboard! ;) Wow, that's an awesome drawing of Murray you got there!

A big 'Ahoy' to you too! And thank you very much :)
  • edited October 2009
    I do really like that murray I hope its the first of many to come welcome to the boards
  • edited October 2009
    SilverWolfPet and Majus. This probably doesn't belong here, but I don't know where else to put it. Tell me if you want me to take it down. Done in Macromedia Flash. I am not, in NO WAY, an artist. I severely lack drawing skills. I just wish I could. :)

majusandswp.jpg
  • edited October 2009

Woah... very slick!
  • edited October 2009

Love it! Great work.
  • edited October 2009

This guy is actually part of the team working on the 2D adventure game "Runaway: A Twist of Fate" (which is of course the third game of the Runaway series) which explains why it's so damn good and probably one of the best pieces of MI fan art that I've ever seen!
  • edited October 2009
    Tpravetz wrote: »
    SilverWolfPet and Majus. This probably doesn't belong here, but I don't know where else to put it. Tell me if you want me to take it down. Done in Macromedia Flash. I am not, in NO WAY, an artist. I severely lack drawing skills. I just wish I could. :)

majusandswp.jpg

Hahahaha!! AWESOME!! Thanks Dude, glad you uploaded it, I love it!
  • edited October 2009
    Majus wrote: »

There ya go Tpravetz, I think it's been approved!
  • edited October 2009

majusandswp.jpg

Oh my God! I look so AWESOME!! Yeah, Majus looks good too, but I LOOK AWESOME!! :D:D

Brilliant! Thanks mate, thank you so much! New wallpaper for meee!

By the way, Majus looks awesome too, I was just fooling around :p
  • edited October 2009
    Just a small, crappy drawing done with paint (the program) of an older Guybrush. I was wondering what GT would look like at the age of 55/60 and got bored so I decided to do this, it's NOTHING special, haha...
  • edited October 2009
    Oh my God! I look so AWESOME!! Yeah, Majus looks good too, but I LOOK AWESOME!! :D:D

Brilliant! Thanks mate, thank you so much! New wallpaper for meee!

By the way, Majus looks awesome too, I was just fooling around :p

Aww, thanks guys. I think Suro and Mihai will come. Would be better if I could actually draw, but hey, what're you gonna do, eh?
  • edited October 2009
    Would be better if I could actually draw, but hey, what're you gonna do, eh?
    I am proud of your attitude.
  • edited October 2009
    I am proud of your attitude.

I'm proud of your pride.
  • edited October 2009
    I'm proud of you all.
  • edited October 2009
    Group hug!
  • edited October 2009
    Group hug!