The Legendary Monkey Island FanArt

Comments

• edited October 2009
    Lup wrote: »
    @ Beekay: also thank you for the compliment! :) / danke fürs kompliment :P
    Gern geschehn! ;)
    Ill try to do a sketch of Morgan next. the designers did a very good job with her ingame model, especially the face looks awesome. I wonder why elaines face is not that pretty... :rolleyes:
    I guess they wanted people to like Morgan better than Elaine... :rolleyes:

Anyways, looking forward to seeing that sketch!
  • edited October 2009
    Lup wrote: »
    I wonder why elaines face is not that pretty... :rolleyes:

I actually preferred Elaine's face. Perhaps I'm alone here.
  • edited October 2009
    tbm1986 wrote: »
    I actually preferred Elaine's face. Perhaps I'm alone here.

wait... does that mean morgan and elain have faces? :eek:
  • LupLup
    edited October 2009

amazing! :eek:
  • edited October 2009

HAHA! This took me just a few seconds. Classic yet cleverly disguised joke. :)
  • edited October 2009
    I think Morgan is WAY too cartoony, doesn't fit the other characters.
  • Ry GuyRy Guy Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2009
    Spadge wrote: »
    picture.php?albumid=276&pictureid=1877

Another quick doodle. I should really try doing something big soon.

Oh man! Fisheye's Alabastor (sp) was so fun to draw, i'm glad you're a fan. Man, thats a great sketch.
  • edited October 2009
    Ry Guy wrote: »
    Oh man! Fisheye's Alabastor (sp) was so fun to draw, i'm glad you're a fan. Man, thats a great sketch.

Wow, thanks! I love your works. Fisheyes is such an odd-looking guy, I just love the eyes and everything. I wish Guybrush took that painting as a souvenir and hanged it in the Screaming Narwall. Heck, I wish it was hanging from wy wall.

In fact, if I ever get enough time and willpower I might even try a short fan-comic about Alabaster... But only time can tell.
  • edited October 2009
    doodo! wrote: »
    HAHA! This took me just a few seconds. Classic yet cleverly disguised joke. :)

thank you... thank you, i'm here all week ;)
  • edited October 2009
    Think its a bad idea to post my Halloween entry here now? Or should I wait for the contest to be over? I made it specifically for the contest.
  • edited October 2009
    yoshiwam wrote: »
    hahaha! that face-off doodle kicks so much piratey butt!! xD
    arrr!
    sucha refined art-style too <3 awesome work Spadge!

here's my expectation for Episode 4: trial & execution of Guybrush x3
    I think Stan could represent Guybrush in court with all his retorical skills and arm-slinging!
    It's a rough sketch, ofcourse:
    trial.jpg

EDIT: the judge could -so- be related to the Goodsoup's xD

This a really cool sketch and also a great idea for a way to bring Stan into the game!!
    Kind of like a cross between Lional Hutz and Gill from the Simpsons...
  • edited October 2009
    This a really cool sketch and also a great idea for a way to bring Stan into the game!!
    Kind of like a cross between Lional Hutz and Gill from the Simpsons...

Thank you for the kind words!! ^___^
    hehe, Lionel Huts would make a pretty good Stan-grade lawyer indeed!
  • edited October 2009
    My Halloween stuff....... I have been in a try to paint in a Steve Purcell homage style kick.... But I'm no Steve Purcell.

remember to say Hi on my DA page
    http://irishmile.deviantart.com/

Max Stealing candy from a little trick or treater dressed as Guybrush..

Max_Steals_some_Candy_by_Irishmile.jpg

And Zombie Morgan... Everyone is doing Morgan stuff so I did something a little different..... I always say if you can not do it as good as them, do it differently. (thanks to the Morgan screen cap thread for reference material)

Zombie_Morgan_by_Irishmile.jpg
  • edited October 2009
    Holy cow that Morgan piece is amazing!
  • edited October 2009
    Irishmile wrote: »
    My Halloween stuff....... I have been in a try to paint in a Steve Purcell homage style kick.... But I'm no Steve Purcell.

remember to say Hi on my DA page
    http://irishmile.deviantart.com/

Max Stealing candy from a little trick or treater dressed as Guybrush..

Max_Steals_some_Candy_by_Irishmile.jpg

And Zombie Morgan... Everyone is doing Morgan stuff so I did something a little different..... I always say if you can not do it as good as them, do it differently. (thanks to the Morgan screen cap thread for reference material)

Eh, shouldn't one pumpkin be Lucas ARts? :p
    Did you use the computer for these?
  • edited October 2009
    Did you use the computer for these?

yes I paint on the computer using photoshop CS3 and painter IX I use a Wacom intuos 3 pen and tablet...... Making it look hand drawn on paper takes a little more time but I needed to for that Purcell look. (at least his comics)

I almost regret not making it normal morgan... almost..... But I kind of like the whole bride of LeChuck thing she has going on... she would make such an interesting evil character.
  • edited October 2009
    yes I paint on the computer using photoshop CS3 and painter IX I use a Wacom intuos 3 pen and tablet...... Making it look hand drawn on paper takes a little more time but I needed to for that Purcell look. (at least his comics)

I almost regret not making it normal morgan... almost..... But I kind of like the whole bride of LeChuck thing she has going on... she would make such an interesting evil character.

Well your work is very good, atleast I'm one more person who thinks so. Keep it up, thank you for sharing with us. :D
  • edited October 2009
    yoshiwam wrote: »
    Thank you for the kind words!! ^___^
    hehe, Lionel Huts would make a pretty good Stan-grade lawyer indeed!

Its a quality sketch. I really do think that could be the way the next chapter goes too, keep up the good work mate, I look forward to your next drawings!
  • edited October 2009
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/39059558@N05/3996201717/sizes/l/

There's nothing painstaking or awe inspiring about it but it was what i was feeling at the time. It's monkey island art for a change. lol. Traditional media...
  • edited October 2009
    You need to get yourself a scanner buddy.

Its very stylized... I like it when artist put their own flavor into something.
  • edited October 2009
    You need to get yourself a scanner buddy.

Its very stylized... I like it when artist put their own flavor into something.

I was trying to do something a little different, but I'm also lazy. Your work has a lot of time and effort put into it. I mostly just focus on my college work. :)

Your work is amazing, I don't know what your profession is but you really got an eye for art and know how to mimick it and have a clear "communication" with it. You really "know" and comprehend art. You got a mind for it. When I saw you max art work I honestly was reminded of something or rather I've seen in the past by Steve.

You got alot of talent, but I liked your murray more because it was your own flavor as you mentioned earlier...still it's awesome to see you be able to do different things.
  • edited October 2009
    I have two great ideas for the Halloween Contest if anybody wants to take them on (PM me or email tbmoore1986@yahoo.co.uk):

One needs a competent Metal rhythm guitarist, competent also in audio sampling/mixing, in posession of the Sam & Max games and the necessary hardware

The other requires a good knitter who's played Sam & Max and maybe has experience & tools in papier macher

I'm only after being creditted for the idea, nothing else. I'll post more ideas as I come up with them. I'm happy to work with ppl who want to make something of these to get the products more refined.
  • edited October 2009

Doesn't look that much like a zombie to me. There's only a green light shining on her. But as for "do it as good as them", I think you did a fantastic job! ;)
  • edited October 2009
    BeeKay84 wrote: »
    Doesn't look that much like a zombie to me. There's only a green light shining on her. But as for "do it as good as them", I think you did a fantastic job! ;)

I agree with this to do the whole zombie thing so flesh rot, holes, teeth...blood shot eyes, or blacked out eyes... that sort of thing.
  • edited October 2009
    BeeKay84 wrote: »

LOL have you ever watched the Romero Zombie movies? Those zombies do not look zombied either.... just gray.

but

Because I love you all I made her un Zombied as well.
    Morgan_Le_Fay_by_Irishmile.jpg
  • edited October 2009
    P4081041-1.jpg

my finished art project 4 college
  • edited October 2009
    Acrylic? Painted on what?
  • edited October 2009
    Acrylic? Painted on what?

a favric canvis I can't remember what it was the college supplyed it lol I rember leaving that space where TMI zombie lechuck is wondering if i should stick giant monkey head but decided agianst t and when I finished I found out TMI had just beed announced ^^
  • edited October 2009
    I can not remember what the last thing I painted on canvas was....
    Its just so much simpler to paint on my PC, no cleaning brushes, getting out or mixing paint and its cheaper too.

Its strange I do not own anything I have physically painted its either been given away or bought.
  • edited October 2009

my finished art project 4 college

Hmm, is that your style? How often do you paint. It's interesting but I wonder about it's details because I don't know your style.
  • edited October 2009
    Hmm, is that your style? How often do you paint. It's interesting but I wonder about it's details because I don't know your style.

I dont often paint it was extra class 4 summit to do once a week so It took a while to make
  • edited October 2009
    MI1Comic.jpg
    MI1Comic-01.jpg
    MI1Comic-02.jpg
    MI1Comic-03.jpg
    MI1Comic-04.jpg

To see the others: http://www.worldofmi.com/features/comics/viewpage.php?id=1&comic_id=3

This comic is excellent!!
  • edited October 2009
    wow, felt like was scrolling for eternity
  • edited October 2009
    seriously couldn't you have just linked the site its hosted on?
  • edited October 2009
    Yes, Paco's comic is an amazing work of art that NEEDS to be continued and completed one day!
  • edited October 2009
    yes, it must be...
  • edited October 2009
    Damn you! Now I need to see the rest!!
  • edited October 2009
    Yeah I LOVE Paco Vink's comic, too, and it's a shame he hasn't continued for ages.
    But there really was no need to post ALL the pages, you could've linked to the first page, and then you can turn the pages on the site.
  • edited October 2009
    It's actually pretty funny.
    I was reading through the comic, and it stops at the EXACT place that I am in my current play through.
    I chuckled.
  • edited October 2009
    This comic is excellent!!

Wow, I don't know how I haven't seen that before. It's awesome! I want to read the rest! :-) That would make a seriously excellent book...I'd buy it. :)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.