The Legendary Monkey Island FanArt

Comments

• VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited September 2009
    Agreed! Good post! ;)
  • edited September 2009
    EllisonPav wrote: »
    I couldn’t resist. :D

After the end of Episode 2 and the third “I wonder what happens” I’ve felt the urge to draw some fan art!

tomi_whatsthat.jpg

In this sketch, Guybrush, Morgan and Winslow are looking at something inside the giant manatee…

Wow, this is genius! :eek: Astonishing work, you did an amazing job at picturing each of the characters! I love it (and also your new sketches)! :)

@pilouuuu: Well said! ;)
  • edited September 2009
    I've just been through the whole thread...there are a lot of talented people on here...thanks for sharing :)
  • edited September 2009
    I agree with you doodo, I do the same thing. :)
    I've done an exam this morning: the professor didn't like more than half of my paintings. This may hurts, but in the end, his criticism has been very constructive.
    So, don't be afraid to show your work. Share what you love doing: drawing. ;)

TOMI__Happy_Guybrush_by_EllisonPav.jpg TOMI__Morgan_LeFlay_by_EllisonPav.jpg

Guybrush is happy to see you :D

I love y--
    Oh, sorry. XD
    You are an AMAZING artist. I hope you upload more.
  • edited September 2009
    I love his work too, so beautiful and I love how he captures his women and men's facial expressions and presence. He really knows how to put heart, person/character, feeling into his work. If Id didn't know any better I'd say he's the grandson of a famous German expressionist painter or sculpture dude.
  • edited September 2009
    doodo! wrote: »
    I love his work too, so beautiful and I love how he captures his women and men's facial expressions and presence. He really knows how to put heart, person/character, feeling into his work. If Id didn't know any better I'd say he's the grandson of a famous German expressionist painter or sculpture dude.

Are you talking to me?
    If so... thank you very much, but I'm a woman :D
    I think I haven't got any famous painter or sculptor relatives but thanks anyway, I really appreciate it :)
  • edited September 2009
    Humans have come so far, and yet they still base so much on gender. There should be a neutral pronoun in all languages for a person.

On a forum like this, talking about what we are (and those of us talented enough putting forward what they do), gender has no place.
  • edited September 2009
    tbm1986 wrote: »
    Humans have come so far, and yet they still base so much on gender. There should be a neutral pronoun in all languages for a person.

On a forum like this, talking about what we are (and those of us talented enough putting forward what they do), gender has no place.

yeeees...but I'm still a woman :D
    just kidding! anyway here in Italy, we have something like that. If you say "he's very talented" or "she's very talented" in italian it sound like "ha molto talento": we don't necessary need to put the subject. It's the same with "I love his work"/"I lover her work". In italian it is "Mi piace il suo lavoro": it's the same for both genders. :D
  • edited September 2009
    yeeees...but I'm still a woman :D
    just kidding! anyway here in Italy, we have something like that. If you say "he's very talented" or "she's very talented" in italian it sound like "ha molto talento": we don't necessary need to put the subject. It's the same with "I love his work"/"I lover her work". In italian it is "Mi piace il suo lavoro": it's the same for both genders. :D

Interesting. Italian paves the way for us all! :p

How many ways can you say "sorry for being early"? :p

And I do rather like your official term for miscalling/one-ringing/prank-calling: squilo (sp?)
  • edited September 2009
    Currently working on a Evil Zombie Pirate Threepwood if the pox were to completely take over. And not just take over him McGillicutty style where it takes his reasoning, but completely take over LeChuck style where it alters his bodie into a Zombie as well.
  • edited September 2009
    tbm1986 wrote: »

I just said he, it's not like I think a she can't be talented. I obviously love HER work, lol...

Don't get too philosophical for your own good man, woman...it was just a poor usage of words. :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/39059558@N05/3953251769/

This is another newb design but I sort of like it even though it needs improvement.

I got no social skills , it's nothing personal!
  • edited September 2009
    Rebirth wrote: »
    AWESOME! :p I know, I need to make a monkey Island lay out for practice.

Did you sew that together? You do have a little bit of Guybrush in you, it looks like you have similar personalities.

You are a him and he, right? Wouldn't want to offend anyone again...:cool: You look ALOT older in the picture on this page though and more like Guybrush than you do in the other pics.
  • edited September 2009
    doodo! wrote: »
    AWESOME! :p I know, I need to make a monkey Island lay out for practice.

Did you sew that together? You do have a little bit of Guybrush in you, it looks like you have similar personalities.

You are a him and he, right? Wouldn't want to offend anyone again...:cool: You look ALOT older in the picture on this page though and more like Guybrush than you do in the other pics.

i know the other pictures are from a medieval festivel but the wig i bought looked terrible that day so i only used the one of a firend for a few shots...

even on the connichi(where the picture above was made,) my biggest problem was the wig... it just didnt look guybrushy enough...
  • edited September 2009
    guybrush.jpg

Okay it's not completely finished, but this is assuming that the pox takes over our favorite couple and turns them into Fiery Demonic Pirate King Threepwood and Slithering Sorceress Pirate Queen Marley.

Wherever guybrush has hair it is flaming, his hand is rotting, has a scary hook, and im going to add cockroaches coming out of his sleeve.

Scan coming soon.

Anyone wanna try coloring it for me when its ready?
  • MarkDarinMarkDarin Former Telltale Staff
    edited September 2009
    I took a brief break from writing to create this:

MegaMonkeyMen.jpg

It was inspired by this:
    http://kotaku.com/5368097/super-mega-street-fighter-iv-mans
  • edited September 2009
    awesome it reminds me of Technōs games on the NES like Crash and the Boys street challenge I wasted a lot of time on that game as a kid.

ibenntosinnkirokugif16.gif
  • edited September 2009
    I suppose I should give my TMI Guybrush a hook now D: Will probably look better than a colour change anyway, that green always looked a bit shoddy
  • edited September 2009
    DeLuca wrote: »
    guybrush.jpg

Okay it's not completely finished, but this is assuming that the pox takes over our favorite couple and turns them into Fiery Demonic Pirate King Threepwood and Slithering Sorceress Pirate Queen Marley.

Wherever guybrush has hair it is flaming, his hand is rotting, has a scary hook, and im going to add cockroaches coming out of his sleeve.

Scan coming soon.

Anyone wanna try coloring it for me when its ready?

Ew. :P
  • edited September 2009
    MarkDarin wrote: »

MegaMonkeyMen.jpg

It was inspired by this:

This serves to confirm Tales of Mega Man Island! SOMEONE GET IGN IN HERE, QUICK!
  • edited September 2009
    the mods should make a thread collecting all the artwork in this thread, and ignoring all the non-art posts

or make a gallery on the main telltale site :D
  • edited September 2009
    Duate wrote: »
    the mods should make a thread collecting all the artwork in this thread, and ignoring all the non-art posts

or make a gallery on the main telltale site :d

:) yaaay!!! :)
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2009

MegaMonkeyMen.jpg
    [/url]

Holy crap!
  • edited September 2009

MegaMonkeyMen.jpg

It was inspired by this:

Great!
  • edited September 2009
    EllisonPav do you mind if you become an inspiration to my drawing style for a while?
  • edited September 2009
    I agree with you doodo, I do the same thing. :)
    I've done an exam this morning: the professor didn't like more than half of my paintings. This may hurts, but in the end, his criticism has been very constructive.
    So, don't be afraid to show your work. Share what you love doing: drawing. ;)

Or you know, writting, making dolls, sculpting, whatever. You might be afraid of letting anyone see what you're doing but you'll stop making progress if you don't get criticism... if possible from people better than you and from people who don't do it at all (for instance, advice on a book from someone who doesn't write, but who reads a lot).

Learning to take the criticism is the hardest part. It can feel like a personal attack. You put your heart and soul into your creation.
    But in the end, it's true, it might be crap. And if you know why, you can salvage it or do better next time.

I tend to dislike criticism such as "it sucks" or "it's great". Sure, the "it's great" is better to hear, but it's not helping. You might as well say nothing to me at all.
    I'd rather hear what you liked (or disliked) and why.

Now let's go back to people showing off their art :P
  • edited September 2009
    Interesting. Italian paves the way for us all!

How many ways can you say "sorry for being early"?

And I do rather like your official term for miscalling/one-ringing/prank-calling: squilo (sp?)

"sorry for being early"?..uhm.. "scusa se sono arrivato in anticipo/prima/presto"
    the correct word is "squillo" and yes, it is very versatile :p
    Originally Posted by Rebirth
    well not realy a Fanart but still^^

more pictures:
    http://animexx.onlinewelten.com/cosp...%3Fid%3D226998

you're a genius! :D I want a coat like that!
    Originally Posted by MarkDarin

It was inspired by this:
    http://kotaku.com/5368097/super-mega...ighter-iv-mans

Winslow expression is priceless!
    Originally Posted by doodo!
    EllisonPav do you mind if you become an inspiration to my drawing style for a while?

I'd be honored! :p but let me tell you something: A really good exercise in order to improve your skills would be look and study the great artists of the past. For instance, do you like drawing horses? Well, take a look at Eugène Delacroix's and Leonardo's studies on horses. Oh, and study horses in real life too.
    It's the same thing for humans. Take an artist you particularly like and look at his/her work. And so on. And study some anatomy too: it's veryveryvery helpful. :p
  • edited September 2009
    You're right, Ellison. Now that I think about it, I've actually learned a lot about drawing from my friends who love to draw. AND from studying the things I like to draw up close. Having a good perspective and knowing where the light is coming from helps with shading, too.
  • edited September 2009
    My best attempt at a Monkey Island iPhone theme,
    of course MI:SE appears on one of the following pages for a quick fix

mc3fvs.png

2igbnde.png
  • edited September 2009

MegaMonkeyMen.jpg

It was inspired by this:

I want the Lechuck one as an avatar, those are amazing.
  • edited September 2009
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/39059558@N05/3963011258/sizes/m/

First draft of my second graphic design. Second mind you, I'm not experienced.
  • edited September 2009

MegaMonkeyMen.jpg

It was inspired by this:

I love it!

Wow, so much great stuff here!
  • edited September 2009
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/39059558@N05/3963216172/sizes/o/

Not really related but I'm working up to it :D Here's my second graphic design, 3-4th draft.
  • edited September 2009
    Guybrush caricature

gbtoon.jpg
  • edited September 2009
    pilouuuu wrote: »
    Guybrush caricature

gbtoon.jpg

:D Well done! He's got a def TMI look about his face.
  • edited September 2009
    theflry wrote: »
    My best attempt at a Monkey Island iPhone theme,
    of course MI:SE appears on one of the following pages for a quick fix

mc3fvs.png

2igbnde.png

nice. try making the icons inventory items from the games.
  • edited September 2009
    Mataku wrote: »
    nice. try making the icons inventory items from the games.

Agreed
  • edited September 2009
    pilouuuu wrote: »
    Guybrush caricature

gbtoon.jpg

I like! Do you think you'll ever do a colour version?
  • edited September 2009
    My friend uploaded this video:

SPOILERS for those who have not yet seen the screenshots and the sneak peek trailer...
  • edited September 2009
    My friend uploaded this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaYLUPPF5lk

SPOILERS !:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Sign in to comment in this discussion.