The Legendary Monkey Island FanArt

Comments

• edited September 2009
    doodo! wrote: »
    SPOILERS !:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Ah, sorry! I thought everybody would've known by now, I'll warn people (even though you already did and I thank you)...
  • edited September 2009
    Also, this is another thing that I found on youtube that definitely belongs in the fan art thread : )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xm5HQXszK4o
  • edited September 2009
    Ah, sorry! I thought everybody would've known by now, I'll warn people (even though you already did and I thank you)...

It's ok but I didn't wanna see that first image before playing. :) Good night.
  • edited September 2009
    MarkDarin wrote: »
    I took a brief break from writing to create this:

MegaMonkeyMen.jpg

It was inspired by this:
    http://kotaku.com/5368097/super-mega-street-fighter-iv-mans

power-stances ftw.
  • edited September 2009
    Here's some of my art of Morgan done in anticipation of the 3rd chapter.
    Morgan.jpg
  • edited September 2009
    Keysha wrote: »
    Morgan.jpg

That is really cool! How long did it take you (roughly)?
  • edited September 2009
    That is really cool! How long did it take you (roughly)?

Thanks. ^_^

I honestly can't remember. XD The sketch took about 10 minutes, while the inks and colours took maybe an hour or so just to blend them all up and such.

the rough sketch is here, for anyone interested.
  • edited September 2009
    Keysha wrote: »
    Morgan.jpg

I really wish I could use my brain to make things so beautiful, I've been working on graphic design lately but this is beautiful work and I feel at a distance to it's love and virtue.

:p

IT ROCKS!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/39059558@N05/3965390609/

Still not related but I like you guys that much
  • edited September 2009
    wow, Keysha! amazing work!! ^___^ ~ <3
    the colours are so intense and pretty! :D

and a big lol for me making a Morgan (in-anticipation-of-3rd-chapter) too, coincidenceness!! xD
    here's mine:
    morganleflay.jpg
  • edited September 2009
    @ Doodo - Thank you so much! ^_^

@ Yoshiwam - Oh awesome! :D I'm in love with the pose and her hips! Can't get enough of Morgan, it's making me all the more excited about this chapter now!
  • edited September 2009
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/39059558@N05/3966651392/sizes/o/

LOL my latest non related art...still working up to TMI because people here are so experienced as artists.
  • edited September 2009
    yoshiwam wrote: »

and a big lol for me making a Morgan (in-anticipation-of-3rd-chapter) too, coincidenceness!! xD
    here's mine:
    morganleflay.jpg

Now that is the sexiest I've seen her so far! Fantastic work I can't fault! Kinda reminds me of the Elaine lookalike in the grog promo in the Goodsoup Bar, though. Inspiration? :p
  • edited September 2009

here's mine:
    morganleflay.jpg

In fact, that's sexy enough to put as my desktop wallpaper! I'll go to bed a happy man tonight...:D
  • edited September 2009
    Ah, thank you so much tbm1986!! ^ o ^
    this one:GROG.jpg
    Haha! I kept thinking of this Elaine portrait while I was drawing this xD I don't think it was based upon this grog-ad though...or maybe it was? on a subconscious level? freudian perchance?
  • edited September 2009
    DeLuca wrote: »
    guybrush.jpg

You might want to redo the position of Elaine's sword, it looks bit like she stabbed it through her own face:eek: other then that, very nice:)
  • edited September 2009
    I'm just a student...
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/39059558@N05/3969684144/sizes/l/

MONKEY ISLAND RELATED LOL, finally, working on something. Student learning purposes. Any love showing would be appreciated guys. Thanks.
  • edited September 2009
    I know a lot of people probably already own the game already but if not, they might be interested in this contest. All artists apply!

Win Tales of Monkey Island - SCUMM Art Contest
  • edited September 2009
  • edited September 2009

here's mine:
    morganleflay.jpg

You forgot her pauldron. :o
  • edited September 2009
    Mine!

Monkey_Island_by_Shmivv.jpg

Guybrush_vs_Guybrush_by_Shmivv.jpg

Tales_of_Monkey_Island_Elaine_by_Shmivv.jpg
  • edited September 2009
    morgan2forweb.jpg
  • edited September 2009
    Duate wrote: »
    morgan2forweb.jpg

That's probably the best piece of Morgan fan art I've seen!
  • edited September 2009
    danke! :D
  • edited September 2009
    "insert Fan art here"
    hmmm realy cool pic, but maybe you could redraw her chin, it looks to round
  • edited October 2009
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/39059558@N05/3972404664/sizes/m/

LOL some people, most people don't even consider design art but here's my update. Page two can be found on my pics profile. For those who don't do this sort of work, this is a book layout, it's not all one page, it's two pages. :D

Good news for you guys, I plan on drawing and painting with the computer for the cover design. I'm very inexperienced there too though but I'll see what I can come up with. It still has to work with my grid.
  • edited October 2009
    FACE-OFF CHALLENGE!

picture.php?albumid=276&pictureid=1876

Your turn!
  • edited October 2009
    hahaha! that face-off doodle kicks so much piratey butt!! xD
    arrr!
    sucha refined art-style too <3 awesome work Spadge!

here's my expectation for Episode 4: trial & execution of Guybrush x3
    I think Stan could represent Guybrush in court with all his retorical skills and arm-slinging!
    It's a rough sketch, ofcourse:
    trial.jpg

EDIT: the judge could -so- be related to the Goodsoup's xD
  • edited October 2009
    Ooh, that's a cool looking Guybrush you did there, I love the parrot too. Stan and DeSinge are a bit too pretty for my taste, but girls are going to love them.

Great job.

EDIT: Just thought of something... Since Guybrush is tied up and all, maybe you should add a cork plug on the end of his hook. It would make sence and look funny at the same time.
  • edited October 2009
    Yoshiwam, your art just made my day.
    I love Guybrush's expression, by the way. XD
    Win.
  • edited October 2009
    Spadge wrote: »
    FACE-OFF CHALLENGE!

picture.php?albumid=276&pictureid=1876

Jokerrotj.jpg

Creepy! Low brow! Clown Grin! Although my face is only half-original compared with yours, so I guess I lose. :D
  • edited October 2009
    Now if someone could just do a Monkey Island Shoop-da-whoop thing...
  • edited October 2009
    @yoshiwam

Brilliant! I really hope that something like this shows up somewhere in the game.
  • edited October 2009
    decava-4842e90b72.jpg
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited October 2009
    @yoshiwam

Brilliant! I really hope that something like this shows up somewhere in the game.

It's actually likely. It would be one of the few ways to bring back Stan at such a late stage in the episodes - and Stan should have ended up a lawyer anyway; and with the trial undoubtedly being held on Flotsam Island, DeSinge would naturally be there. As for the identity of the Judge, I think we already had a name from the sign on the door, so one of the Goodsoups is probably out of the question. Good thought though! :D

@yoshiwam: Excellent composition, great drawing. No need for color or refinement, just do another one! ;)

@spadge, duate, yoshiwam: I am scared by the drawings' quality this thread holds at the moment. Brilliant work, all of you!
  • edited October 2009
    Something I had some fun with.

LCB.jpg
  • edited October 2009
    morgan2forweb.jpg

now that is amazing. The best so far. And the only one that actually looks like her. I liked your style and what you did with colours. I often criticize people's work but there's just nothing bad to say about your picture. It looks like she came straight from the game :D.
  • edited October 2009
    Almost looks cross eyed to me. Just my two cents seeing how everyone else is ultimately and infinitely sold. :D PS: IT's good work, I love it and I don't mind others supporting it...
    edited October 2009
    Almost looks cross eyed to me. .

Just take a good look at the original. She IS crosseyed, on purpose! Actually, her irises are far too big for her NOT to look crosseyed somehow. :D
  • edited October 2009
    Almost looks cross eyed to me. Just my two cents seeing how everyone else is ultimately and infinitely sold. :D PS: IT's good work, I love it and I don't mind others supporting it...
    Just take a good look at the original. She IS crosseyed, on purpose! Actually, her irises are far too big for her NOT to look crosseyed somehow. :D

it was intentional. throughout chapter 3 she kinda always had this wonky left eye, and i took it as just a part of her character. maybe she's a *little* insane or something, i dunno. but i definitely did it intentionally in the art
    edited October 2009
    morgancrosseye.jpg

And right you did! :D
Sign in to comment in this discussion.