The Legendary Monkey Island FanArt

Comments

• jmmjmm
    edited December 2009
    Nice.... though Morgan has something missing

Edit: The tattoo.. or was it on the other arm?
  • edited December 2009
    I'm pretty sure the tattoo only appeared that one time when Guybrush noticed it. It's not on her in game model, if I remember correctly.
  • edited December 2009
    If only real tattoos were like that.
  • edited December 2009
    I know, right?
  • edited December 2009
    Very nice, Mike 7illy :)

Only problems are Morgan's bust and hips (not big enough to be true to original) but this is a minor complaint. It's all fab!
  • edited December 2009
    like it
    ^^
  • edited December 2009
    jmm wrote: »
    Nice.... though Morgan has something missing

Edit: The tattoo.. or was it on the other arm?

On the other arm
    :)
  • edited December 2009
    tbm1986 wrote: »
    Very nice, Mike 7illy :)

Only problems are Morgan's bust and hips (not big enough to be true to original) but this is a minor complaint. It's all fab!

There's a severe lack of good Morgan pictures (certainly no original concept art, nudge nudge Telltale), but from what I saw when I did a quick collection of reference material, she isn't that busty. She's got a lot of lift in her top. Also, she's such a great character I feel that putting more focus on her sexual attributes would detract from her overall awesomeness.

But you might be right about her hips. And still I tried to make them big... :confused:

I'm glad you like the picture anyway. :)
  • edited December 2009
    (certainly no original concept art, nudge nudge Telltale)

Actually...
  • edited December 2009
    That concept art really threw me off when I drew Morgan, because apparently that's not the arm where she has the shoulder pad in the actual game.
  • edited December 2009
    It's the same with Guybrush's cuffs. When I first drew Guybrush, I did the cuffs that are in the game, but when I saw the concept I was all like: GAH.

But then I played more of the game. So when I paid close attention to what his cuffs looked like in the game (for some reason, I forgot the concept), I drew another picture.

Then I saw the concept again and facepalmed for making the same mistake.

And then I realized they were different. I felt better.
  • edited December 2009
    Giant Tope wrote: »

Thanks! Few of those show up in Google Image search. :/
  • LupLup
    edited December 2009
    I thought you might like this piece of fanart I made recently:

MTilly2009-Elaine_and_Morgan_stranded.jpg

yay bikini morgan! xD looks like a great scene for the credits of episode 5 ^^ morgan and elaine stranded...
  • edited December 2009
    Wouldn't it be awesome if the end credits of ep 5 would show all the fanarts from this thread?
  • edited December 2009
    Tpravetz wrote: »
    Woah! Were did you get this?!

I did it man! :D

The most pesky part (or i could say peskiest?_? whatever) was to choose the 16 palette colors, bcos in WinXp the boot screen must be max in 16 colors. Other colorful images will be automatically turned into 16 color ones but the "automatic-result" is not always so nice...! :P
    I find very nice the pending monkey (that as you will notice comes from the EFMI cd cover)
  • edited December 2009
    I thought you might like this piece of fanart I made recently:

MTilly2009-Elaine_and_Morgan_stranded.jpg

I'd totally spank that red headed chick before the tan one.
  • edited December 2009
    doodo! wrote: »
    I'd totally spank that red headed chick before the tan one.

Let me guess. You're the father of the red haired one but not the black haired one, and you have to get the permission of the parents of the black haired one before you can spank her?

By the way the red haired one is Elaine and the black haired one is Morgan. :P
  • LupLup
    edited December 2009
    this piece of fanart makes the "disturbing fanart people" come out of their thread :3

(btw I'm a proud disturbing fanart fan Oo)
  • edited December 2009
    ^^^ Hooray for disturbing!
  • LupLup
    edited December 2009
    Tpravetz wrote: »
    ^^^ Hooray for disturbing!

That's the spirit! xD
  • edited December 2009
    I love how we're like a separate nation. :D
  • edited December 2009
    Keysha wrote: »
    I posted a picture of Morgan what must have been quite a lot of pages ago. Anyway, here's three more TMI pictures I've done over the course of the series as each chapter's been released. I have anatomy issues and such with each of them, but they're all done out of love for the game and I had so much fun doing them too!

I also apologize for the watermarks on them, since they've come directly from my DA gallery.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v115/Keysha/TMI_01.jpg[/MG] Marker, Watercolour and coloured pencil.[/img][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v115/Keysha/TMI_02.jpg[/IG] Ballpoint pen doodle[/img]TMI_03.jpg
    So I'm four days early giving TellTale congrats, but I won't be around much during the game's release and wanted to do something to celebrate the final chapter.

I really hope these don't stretch the page. If they do, can someone advise me on how to put them under a spoiler tag or something? Thanks. :)
    I love the last one. It reminds me of Caramelldansen. If i wasn't such a crappy artist, i would so make a MI version of that...
  • edited December 2009
    Keysha, your artwork is amazing!

Right. Time for some fanart spammage before episode 5 (all these drawings are over a year old now but ah well)...

MI2: You scored 800 out of 800 points:
    picture.php?albumid=262&pictureid=1979

The second weirdest pic I've ever drawn:
    picture.php?albumid=262&pictureid=1980

Poor Wally:
    picture.php?albumid=262&pictureid=1981

"Is that the photo that-"
    picture.php?albumid=262&pictureid=1982

Curse-style Fettucini Bros:
    picture.php?albumid=262&pictureid=1983

"We have you surrounded!":
    picture.php?albumid=262&pictureid=1984

Uh... enjoy? :winslow:
  • edited December 2009
    Scrawffler wrote: »
    MI2: You scored 800 out of 800 points:
    picture.php?albumid=262&pictureid=1979
    How come Elaine is not in color at all?
    The second weirdest pic I've ever drawn:
    picture.php?albumid=262&pictureid=1980
    *ROFLMAO* Now I wanna see your weirdest one, too! :D
  • edited December 2009
    picture.php?albumid=262&pictureid=1981

i like this. It's like Steve's Purcell's version of Wally.
  • edited December 2009
    Thanks!
    BeeKay84 wrote: »
    How come Elaine is not in color at all?
    When I drew that I think I was going through a phase where I only colour in backgrounds, for some reason. I have a lot of pictures like that lying around! Not sure how it started to be honest XD
  • edited December 2009
    To help me get through the waiting I've made these:

threepwood.jpg

13270752.jpg
  • edited December 2009
    Ooh, those are cool!
  • edited December 2009

threepwood.jpg

13270752.jpg

Dude those look awesome! Any chance you could make some wallpapers like that?
  • edited December 2009
    Any chance you could make some wallpapers like that?
    Yeah, but not right now.
  • edited December 2009
    Yeah, but not right now.

Awesome. :D
  • edited December 2009
    damn, there's a lot of talented artists on this forum. I could only wish I could create anything remotely good as these. I'm not even very good at what I'm trying to do at university.
  • edited December 2009

threepwood.jpg

13270752.jpg

Thankyou! You've made the waiting slightly easier :).
  • edited December 2009
    morgan-c4f852fd47.gif

A poorly animated Morgan LeFlay...
  • edited December 2009
    triomf.jpg
  • edited December 2009
    That's awesome. Needs more Winslow, though.
  • edited December 2009
    triomf.jpg

Beautiful. Simply beautiful.

Elaine really looks like the one for Guybrush there, and Morgan looks like his sister...

Oh crap, maybe I've given Telltale ideas. Telltale should use this lighting style for Season 2.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2009
    Laserschwert, those are very good! Love the style. I can imagine them being a series of posters.
  • edited December 2009
    triomf.jpg

This is now my wallpaper, and for a split second I was wondering if Winslow could part take (Not a Winslow joke! Just to show Guybrush's crew.)
  • edited December 2009
    Yeah, I think I'll add some of the other characters as well. Including Winslow ;-)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.